Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Wed May 01, 2024 5:28 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

What's Your Story?

+179
endelina
Kamiya
KuraiO2
MangoSheep
Fallian
AkiraRyuu
katerina778
Rei
Pamken29
Kagamine_Len
Shhh...
Shiyiou
Panchii
jessie21
Kachiko Ukato
ChiruKashu
YukiNagato998
Kaufdan-P
Jemina
HanyouGirl
Zak
aceofhearts.
Spoon
Kenichi Tsukimura
BakaNeko
Hisame
shockingbuggy
Marui
NipahDUBS
KentaMidorin
Yoshimi
animezirow
Sakura桜
Song of Amazon
HappyKittyGirl
koolmon93
Anba
ume
lèonstrawberry♥
Caspy
chokoreetokun
animegal8195
Emii
Ruru
SeafoamKazuo
Ciel
ichiki-chan
Roka
FlairsFromHell
SamiMommy
Ali
rosewisteria
BigTimeAnimeFans
Hikki-chan
Tobiister
Mim
kooh
Eva-Memories
Carette
Kago
Yuko Hoon
Rena
LizBorden
Aine
Kemi
Blip
Kasikki
Heller45
Lunarous
OmoiChuu
YTChorus
Miku-tan
Sugarlat
maxus
Raeka
YokoTenshi-Chan
Tachanne
SiaHyuk
HaruTan
Sakerune
huyutfsakura
Achan
Ri
Razzy
kappiec
MeriXy
Miyu
Dia★
Aki☆star
Asciane
xStitchedInsanityx
Legender
VocalNgo
Hana_Mahone_Se-Mi_WolFox
殷逸偉
MichiChan
Jenni
Aki
Laurel
Charlina
razra
OuterOcean
Ruriko
TetsukiMizu
Benevolent Malice
Jay-Shay
Kurai
Kanis04
hinatakouyama
Crescence
KookieDomination
Ernify
Chieriin
LenL0vr
MikaJello8D
claireeerofl
MeganeAya
Mii.
Soltice Roroki
Kyoeru
akano07
Coda
THE-BUNNY-OF-EVIL
onigirimi
Caramel
amurita
aquashadowcat
thatonechick
(ツ・ω・キ)
Cristlelinia
AmaneAruto
pahpawmipi
[★] Winter
iKawaiiAishiteru
TheRisingDream
princessdaisy09
Phatbeaniez
Onion
madao
Cherysh
Ashla
Variegeta
Elianti
hartless726
HanaRyuu15
Serena Scarlet
admirenkiwi
NovayaShuyin
Emi
NaNo ✩
DeeDee
Kumbancha
Meepy
AKATOMO
Ke-ki
SummerMirages
Blaire
Kuma-tan
haru.
LilacSonata
Aziro
Penny
Xephy
ChibiKumiko
apol
mong
mikura
Una
kiki
Kicchan
Haruna
Dympchan
Summer
krannda
kuri-n
RinSakura
~AutumnZephyr~
AnotherNicoUploader
JinSeng
183 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

What's Your Story? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's Your Story?

Post by iKawaiiAishiteru Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:39 pm

What's Your Story? - Page 3 IKawaii1
okay, you enjoyed the banner? good. because this will not be interesting in anyway. |D
despite my tendency to be creative with words. hurr

So, Hello YouTube Chorus. I'm iKawaiiAishiteru. Now, to be honest, I would have posted my story earlier if it wasn't due to the fact that I'm lazy as what. /Lolz. So, I'm usually an adv - lit / elite roleplayer on Gaia. So I warn you of huge paragraphs... maybe... I don't know. /shot.

Now, in my join date on YT, this was actually just a mule account to my old account AngelBlaze246. Like the last one, I did nothing on it except for comment, favorite, and like videos. Until I got tired of my last account, I moved to the iKawaiiAishiteru one, mainly for a name change. So ~ I continued just to like the videos I saw, sang along to the anime songs I loved && yadda yadda blahhh. This was... 6th grade, 7th grade of my US school year, yeah? I don't remember all the small details. Live with it. >B)

I've always have a love for music and singing. Even before I started to get into anything. My love for music and singing rivaled the love for my anime & manga needs. |D OTAKU-WHAT? ( /shot. ) But yeah. Seriously? I was a total music junkie. I love music of all kinds, in all languages, and in all of it's glory. Yeah. But, K-chan's ears were so open that she stumbled upon Vocaloid one time. It was a "Tori no Uta" cover from the anime AIR, sung by Hatsune Miku. To put it short, I fell in total love with her voice, and it boosted my love for music. Now, I wondered who would have such a sweet voice... only to turn out that it had only been a robotic mascot singing sweet melodies! ( omgwtffaisuuu. here. :D ) So, in loving anime, I loved Vocaloid too. I adored all of the voices. Found out a lot of viral videos, yeah.

Now, way I found out YTC was through the song Dear by Hatsune Miku. It was in one of the related searches as a chorus! Due to real life events and crap, I wasn't able to send in my audition. But, that's okay. I would have went for the other choruses too. ( /which k-chan in the end did not doing. fml. ) Although, in all entirety, i was inactive for months of a time.

Then when I got really depressed, I went back unto my account and realized that my YT covers were still there. My voice sounds like total poop though, since it was still going through it's weird voice change ( in which my voice went HIGHER . WTHHHECKS. Dx ) I decided to put up another cover. And that's when I wondered if the Chorus was planning for any other choruses, and that's where I found out you made the forums! I was one of the first 50 to join, I remember. Introduced myself here, and found out for people to be really nice here~ <3 Although, after joining, I was pretty much inactive again.

But, I would still come here to check up on all of the choruses and people. & with each passing visit, this place just grew bigger and bigger ~ all from the time when where 30 - 40 people joined! And with the quality of the choruses getting better, I was amazed and decided to put my butt back in gear to sing again. (and this time with hopeful bass covers. )

SO THERE'S MY TERRIBLE STORY I MADE UP IN 5 MINS.
iKawaiiAishiteru
iKawaiiAishiteru
Talkative

Singing Alias : K-chan / k*chan Posts : 578
My YTC Story Blind Duets Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/iKawaiiAishiteru

Back to top Go down

Post by [★] Winter Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:59 pm

Eh...Guess it's my turn to tell my story!
(Though it's not really much... ^ __ ^ ;; )

How I found the fabulous YTChorus Forums...
Huuurrrm...Guess I found this place while was listening to NND choruses and was wondering if there were choruses made by YouTube members, so I went browsing and found the "Dear You" chorus. Heck yeah was it amazing~
It inspired me to going back to closet singing again, and I really wanted to be able to contribute to the amazing awesomeness that I had witnessed.

So, I've decided to join this marvelous forums, after stalking ya'll for about...A month beforehand! XD , and is now here typing this for you guys to read! I'm glad I joined here, 'cuz ever since I joined, I've been having a blast here, talking to friends, making new ones, and singing my fave-songs to my heart's content.
Yea, sure....Life gets in the way sometimes and something happens, I'm always able to find a way to come back online to do what I enjoy doing!
d (> w <) b
-I am Immy, and I approve this message! XD-
[★] Winter
[★] Winter
iPost'a'Lot

Singing Alias : Posts : 3007

Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by pahpawmipi Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:42 pm

hmm -ish typing and thinking if i should post this...... ah whatever.. ill tell this story in third person ;D- so here's how the story goes. fuun was searching for awesome singing people and came across a youtube chorus video ;D . fuun thought the video was FISHIE POO PUDDING AWESOME so she subscribed to YTChorus' channel, but didn't know about their forum... until she got bored and looked through the channel and saw a link and POOF Σ(・□・;)FUUN'S DISCOVERY OF YTC FORUMS.... oki me ish done ♪(´ε` ) fuun's story ish not very interesting ehehe.. ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
pahpawmipi
pahpawmipi
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : マンゴ プリン Posts : 127

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/manopurin

Back to top Go down

Post by AmaneAruto Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:00 pm

As a Gackt fan I\'m In Love.. , I heard about the news of Gakupo that will be released a few months later. And that's how I googled up Vocaloid. But then, I wasn't interested in the other vocaloids so I waited till Gakupo came out. First song I heard was "Owata" and I loved it XD. But it wasn't until "Love is War" and "Magnet" that I became addicted to Vocaloid.

Then fast forward to 2010 and my friends and I decided to cover some vocaloid songs for our last semester project for high school band class. And that's how I started recording during Feb. with my crappy built in mic and absolutely no knowledge about recording or Audacity. My friends, however, wasn't as enthusiastic about singing as I am.

Afterwards, Moonlight Kurochi-misa added me and I checked out her forum. Then, I joined her 1925 chorus. Then, I found YTC's Akahitoha chorus and decided to join also.

Too bad that I am now in college...can't sing...here...it's like stone 360 degrees in my room...plus roommates. Crying I'll just stalk some people. HEHEHE I wish I was younger...

Oooh badge...I want a badge...a sparkling badge....Can I have the male one instead? XDDDD *shot*
AmaneAruto
AmaneAruto
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : 雨音 アルト Posts : 129

My YTC Story Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words

http://www.youtube/user/AmaneAruto

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:06 pm

I've been using YT since I was in 3rd grade [to watch pokemon]

Mine isn't going to be as formal and cool as the rest are trying to be because I'm just going to end up ranting. But I will type a wall of text.

I think it was last year I really got into it. My Miku-crazed friend decided to send me Gazelle's "Melt" and said "HELENE THIS IS SOOOOO REAL FOR A VOICE SYN~" So I listened to it and discovered it was a real woman (from the video description. Do you notice how no one reads those? T________T) So I clicked around and discovered ryo/supercell's songs, then some Easypop, and the some doriko.

And then I landed on the Just Be Friends chorus. And I was blown to bits and pieces. I loved the way it was all fit together, and I was just so surprised at how they can put together a chorus and not make it sound like some not-warmed-up choir.

I clicked around and a YTC video was featured so I clicked it. I mean, i wasn't blown away or anything by it, but I just loved what it represented. Everyone seems to forget they're normal people too. YTC is here to remind us to sing just like them, as normal people. Obviously most of us don't have the cool equipment or voice (since a lot of fans aged 9-11...puberty?)

I'm not a fan of how YTC wants to compare to NND chorus' because the systems differ a lot (YTC---> audition, in?, sing lines. NND---> everyone sings their own, mixer mashes it together)

But I just thought it'd be fun to jump in on the fun. I just love seeing the outcomes, even if they're are more planned than the crazy NND choruses (Rolling Girl chorus haha).

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristlelinia Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:24 pm

Aha, get ready for a very /uninteresting/ story. Razz

I met a boy after the end of 8th grade during one of my tennis lessons who couldn't speak English very well and helped translate for him. He taught me some of his tennis knowledge and I found out that him and his friends had a band together called "シルバー月" or "Silver Moon". I heard them perform around the area a few times, and eventually started singing with the boy as lead vocals, who ended up being my 4th boyfriend lol~

They returned to Japan a few years later, and I naturally stayed in the US. But during a time they were playing around Tokyo, a man came up and asked them if they had any official recordings. As normal answers go, my bf said no. The man asked that they record under him if they'd like to. He happened to be from Johnny and Associates (unless anyone doesn't know them, bands like KAT-TUN, NEWS and Arashi record under them) so my bf thinks about refusing, because it's an all boy's association, and he wanted to take me with them. Then there's this whole little problem with the fact that I want them to get better and get the greatness they deserve, and go to Johnny's. But we find out that Sony offers us the same contract, but together as one band. (Problem being that Sony's kinda more in the background, anime ed and op stuff) So in the end, I send Silver Moon to Johnny's (they're Johnny's Jr.'s now in training). But my bf messages me telling me that Sony will offer me the same contract even though I'm by myself. So I'm really trying to work hard towards that. ^^; I'm great on stage and in front of people (errr at least I can make it to the end of the song without much failure in between T_T), but when I record by myself, I just don't feel the same...That's my weak point. OTL

Around sophomore year though, I was introduced to Vocaloids by a friend of mine obsessed with Miku (also did a cosplay as her) and she pretty much opened my eyes. At first I was thinking "dude, they're MACHINES get over it. they're voices are boring to listen to." but after I saw the different 歌ってみた's and covers everyone did, I was amazed and actually started caring more about not just the lyrics, but the Vocaloids themselves.

But around the end of my Junior year, I was told I couldn't sing anymore. Errr, the rest is kinda personal ^^; I shouldn't have written it here in the first place, that was my bad~ yeaaah, so just ignore this part ><

I guess all this just motivates me even more though, it was my dream really to sing with the other Nico Nico Douga singers or even the awesome singers on Youtube. When I saw the Youtube Chorus, I was so amazed and touched by the whole idea behind it. Most of all, I really want to get better at recording my voice (I'm horrible at mixing though, that's my only problem right now OTL) and sing in one of the choruses or duets together with all of you. >w<

Last edited by Cristlelinia on Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:49 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Wanted to remove some more personal stuff OTL)
Cristlelinia
Cristlelinia

Singing Alias : Sa~友羽 (Sa~yuha) Posts : 10

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by (ツ・ω・キ) Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:53 am

what exactly should i add? or where should i start who is just 8months with YTC?

ermm...
shy

ok~
start before i got into sining.
Spoiler:

=<
then to the japanese subculture.
Spoiler:

Hyper
Into vocaloids.
Spoiler:

Te-he!
founded YTC
Spoiler:

singing
life with YTC started.
Spoiler:

so that's all i know for now.
and i know i improved rapidly. =w=
thank you for your encouragements.
wktk

pink luv for you!

Last edited by (ツ・ω・キ) on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
(ツ・ω・キ)
(ツ・ω・キ)
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : ツキ Posts : 662

Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by thatonechick Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:00 am

Okay, so, stealing the awesome spoilertext idea from people.
thank you guyyyyys.

This is for myself more than anything.
I need the catharsis. OTL

"aoi's story.":
thatonechick
thatonechick
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : AOI★ Posts : 106
My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by aquashadowcat Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:02 am

Meh what was my story.....I don’t remember it too clearly. I remember getting into anime as a child (Pokémon, sailor moon etc.) and singing the opening/endings to those (I was like 6!!) uh then my brother kept nagging at me because I watched dubs and not subs, so to shut my brother up I watched the sub of Vampire knight a few years back (when it was first released and unpopular......damn those annoying fans nowadays) and I liked the ending so I thought I’d try to sing that...I did buh I never got round to recording it.
Then my brother started moaning about how I never sing anything cool so I asked him what he wanted me to sing and ended up singing openings/ending to Gintama and D.gray-man (still haven't recorded any of these yet. Then I started listening to more Abingdon boys school stuff and singing along (really helped my vocals a lot) but alas this was not to last long. My vocal teacher at school (vocal lessons were compulsory for me) decided that I should have to sing something English and way out of my vocal range about 7 times over 3 days to an audience and me being the kind of person I am I put my all into every performance. Needless to say I lost my voice for a couple of weeks and with it went my awesome vibrato and half my vocal range.
I never listened to English music again and even to this day I despise everything about my vocal teacher and the songs she picked. Then one of my friends decided that she wanted to perform Hare Hare Yukai in front of the school so I agreed to help as she still needed a dancer as yuki. Then i started listening to the Haruhi music and started watching the anime. The anime bored me to death so I never finished it, buh I still listen to the music nowadays if there’s nothing to do. Then there was a link video to a band called Aa! And their song sounded pretty good so I tried looking for more of their stuff and researched into the band a little. That’s how I came across Hello! Project, I liked the majority of their stuff because it was all upbeat and the lyrics didn't want to make me slit my throat. So I started singing all their stuff for fun and then for a concert I performed some stuff (too lazy to go into details).
Then I come across the miraculous world of vocaloids, at first I didn’t like miku, rin or len that much...buh then I found Kaito (my saviour<3) and though "hey wouldn’t this sound cool if it was real people" then God answered my question and sent me a link for a NNC video of love is war. It was awesome, then a little way along the line I was like "I wonder if there’s a YTC" so I searched for one and found this place. so signed up and so on and then found this page and decided to add my story and then...oh wait, time has caught up to me fishy face
aquashadowcat
aquashadowcat
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Aqua Posts : 140

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/aquashadowcat

Back to top Go down

Post by amurita Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:19 am

It’s quite interesting how I arrived at this station if one sees the long journey. The starting point was…just a starting point. I never knew that one day I would end up here. At that time, I was just a Kingdom Hearts-obsessed nerd who loved Japanese manga, anime and music. I am still, to the bottom of my heart, a Kingdom Hearts-obsessed nerd who LOVES Japanese manga, anime, and music. But now my world includes Vocaloid and YTC, which has ignited such a transformation in me. Come along as the whole story unwinds…and see how this plain old journey influenced my current lifestyle. Onwards!

Around the end of 2009, I was born. Just a small 8 lbs. infant who was really cute and cuddly.
Just kidding. Here’s where the whole thing starts.

Starting Point #1: Singing
My whole life has been involved with music. In elementary school until now, I was in an orchestra and a band, playing the violin and flute. But the major activity I took was chorus, which was most of my ‘professional’ background. I was scared in elementary school of joining it because no one, even my parents, really cared about it. I also didn’t have any confidence in my ability, but I finally realized my capability when I was given a solo at the final concert. That moment was one of my most treasured moments in my life because finally someone acknowledged me for my talent, not for any academic skill as I was used to. I was very proud after the concert because so many classmates ran up to me saying ‘Wow!’ or ‘I never knew you could sing!’. Music made me feel whole. I sang for only a year, but that year opened my world to chorus music.
Unfortunately, after that year, it was off to middle school. Somehow, chorus floated away from my mind after I began concentrating on school more. It would be a few more years before I would join chorus again.

Starting Point #2: Kingdom Hearts, Manga, etc.
It was in middle school where everything changed. One day a classmate introduced me to manga. Ever since that fateful day, I became a fan of manga and was very interested in Japanese culture (that first manga was Pita-Ten, if anyone was wondering). Manga, and soon anime, gave me the inspiration to continue drawing and painting, motivating me to do more in the artistic side.
What also sparked my inspiration was Kingdom Hearts. I <3 this game. Besides the awesome story, characters, and everything, the music impacted me the most. Playing that game pushed me to concentrate more on music. Its soundtrack, especially the title song Simple and Clean, finally opened my world to Japanese music. I was mesmerized by the unique background music and deep, meaningful lyrics. Soon, both manga and KH made me interested in graphic design, animation, and voice acting.

Without both of these elements, I would have never encountered YTC at all.

Starting Point #3: Back to Singing
Finally, high school arrived and I was finally allowed to join chorus once again. Previously, the only ‘practice’ was listlessly singing around the house. Chorus, once again, trained my voice and revitalized my singing talent. But I had another, though minor, interest: voice acting. I wasn’t too experienced in recording before YTC, did not record much, but I still have the same faithful microphone. I loved singing the opening and ending themes of anime. Whenever I had time and privacy, I would loudly sing and record a random song. Simple and Clean, Loop, True Light etc. It was random yet satisfying.

Being an obsessed Kingdom Hearts fan, I had an account on a KH forum. One day, I was exploring other sections of the forum and found out that a member was organizing a fandub of a song I knew. At the end, I did not record myself because of time constraints. But I listened to the final versions and decided that I would try for the next one.
This is when everything happened.
The next song that was to be done was:
World is Mine. By Miku Hatsune.
Unfortunately, that was to become a red herring. When I listened to the song, I was scared to sing it. At that point in time, I was not great at singing in Japanese, and pitifully could not get past the first verse >_<. Also, I was not too fond of auto-tuning and programs singing, so I did not record. The end.

Well, maybe not.

Starting Point #4: Vocaloid
I’ve been a follower of an Anime blog in which a writer organized a fandub of a song. I saw the singers and clicked on one of the YouTube links, which of course led me to a channel. That channel was full of awesome fandubs, some of which were
Vocaloid.
Looking around, I saw that the singer was also part of
YTC, a group of singers.
I was awestruck by the idea of a group of singers on YouTube and enjoyed the dubs by YTC, especially Spica, which I listened to constantly. I still consider Spica to be my first true Vocaloid song. At that time, I was interested in recording myself and the new info did interest me, but I kept all of it in the back of my mind. In truth, I was still wary about Vocaloid and wanted to dub Anime songs. But I would search Vocaloid in YouTube and listen to each song, slowly becoming a Vocaloid fan. Listening to both Vocaloid and people’s versions of them finally gave me the courage to try. What also pushed me was the fact that I would not be taking chorus the following year. Not wanting to forget singing, I looked for other opportunities to continue. I kept YTC’s channel as a bookmark and, after a few months of listening, I decided to create an account.

On May 25, 2010, I finally became a member.

Looking Back:
As each part occurred, I never knew that I would end up at YTC. I feel as if I've gone in circles! Thanks to this thread, I was able to piece together the whole journey and smile at every oblivious moment. Though I do not have a big family at YTC yet, I do feel the whole togetherness feeling all around. I’m happy that everyone here has the same interest and wants to improve their voices. I hope that someday I will develop my voice, get into a chorus ^_^ and make many more cherished memories in YTC. Without it, my life would not have changed so much. Without it, I would not be so interested in improving myself in singing. Without it, I would not have encountered such a large community going towards a common goal. Without it, I could have lost music in my life.

Thank you for being here YTC. singing

(O_O I wrote alot...thank you to anyone who reads this ^_^'')

amurita
amurita
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story Treasure Hunt 3rd Place Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Caramel Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:27 am

My YTC story isn't really that interesting and rather short... xD

It all started with the Nico chorusses. They were so amazing and I wanted to a part of a chorus one day, so I hoped there would be a YouTube chorus but never actually searched.
Then one day I saw a related video and it was the Akahitoha Chorus. I checked the channel and saw they were holding auditions for my two favourite songs at that time: bpm and Romeo and Cinderella.
I had always been too scared to actually record something, but I really wanted to join those chorusses so I went to my brother who knows stuff about recording and asked him if he could help me. Fortunately he said yes and I got to record my auditions Happy Go Lucky
And that's all there really is to my story sweet
Caramel
Caramel
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Sinja / シンヤ Posts : 323
Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

What's Your Story? - Page 3 Empty UHM YEAH

Post by onigirimi Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:18 pm

/start hideous wall of text
Heya people owo// I'm like non-existant here, seeing as I haven't even auditioned for a chorus yet orz Even though I've been stalking YTChorus since forever ago and thinking 'I SHOULD DO IT' every time and never... trying... :D.... ANYWAY UHM. STORY TIME...... woo.

Step One:
My friend shows me a video of Rin and Len on Vocaloid.

Step Two:
I am bored one day, remember the video, and search up 'blonde anime singing robot people twins' on youtube.
THUS. I AM INTRODUCED TO THE EXISTENCE OF VOCALOID... after like five hours of searching for that darn Gekokujou vid... :D
And, so, I stalk Vocaloid videos for about five hours a day for two months afterward. I'm cool.

Step Three:
I find Usachii's dub of BPM (or some song of that sort...), get addicted to it, and search it up on youtube everyday. And then I see her SPiCa dub and go 'IDK THIS SONG, COOL' and then I see that there are auditions for some SPiCa chorus. Cool, okay. I ignore it until the chorus comes up, listen to it, spazz for about 291830921 hours about how awesome it was, and then mysteriously stalk YTChorus for a very, very long time.

Yup. And I still haven't really done much.
Someday.
Someday I will overcome my intense urge to be lazy and do something.
I will. Oh yes. >D
Someday.

The end. /clapclapclap.

Wow my story sucked. WOOT WOOT.
/shot

But yeah! YTChorus has definitely inspired me (and definitely like a bajillion other people) to sing for Vocaloid even though I seriously have no clue how to sing or mix and whatever else is involved properly at all >w<// I was like 'YOUTUBE... CAN SING?!?!' when I heard you guys. I was in serious shock. Because I thought only Nico peeps could pull it off. BUT I WAS SO VERY WROONNGG.

You guys are awesome. Keep it up ;3
/end hideous wall of text
onigirimi
onigirimi
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Rimi Posts : 155
Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/x0xheartstrings

Back to top Go down

What's Your Story? - Page 3 Empty TBOE's YTC story (TAKE COVER!) xD

Post by THE-BUNNY-OF-EVIL Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:47 pm

Okay Okay, since everyone is telling their wonderful stories, I might as well tell my own *sits in a chair, wiggles her bunny tail in doing so, clears her throat, puts on her cute bunny reading glasses and opens a book titles "TBOE'S INSANITY STORY"*

There once was a girl named the bunny of evil. She loved to perform, write, draw, act, sing, and dance her bunny tail away. All day and all night, that was all she did, entertaining her family and her friends-- well, the small of amount of friends she had. Anyways, one day, another bunny named John hopped her way and gave her a little computer screen with a song playing on it and headphones to put in her cute bunny ears. She put them in and was sucked into the song: "The Disappearance Of Miku Hatsune" From forth her pink diamond bow sprouted a black and red silk bow at the song that she looked to the screen and played it over and over, her performer fur turning into vocaloid fur. Soon, she was addicted and found out everything about vocaloid,

But it wasn't enough.

She then tried singing the songs and slowly learned to perfect her dubs and even made original parodies and reprises of the vocaloid songs she came to love. Then, she saw, the amazing Youtube Chorus. She stared for a long while before signing up and now becoming a part of the community (at least, she hopes she is)
THE-BUNNY-OF-EVIL
THE-BUNNY-OF-EVIL
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : TBOE Posts : 141

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/TBOEandJW

Back to top Go down

Post by Coda Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:29 pm

All right! Now that I've got time to sit down, I shall now start my YTC story. It's not really the best story in the world but I shall try and tell it clearly...

Coda's YTC Story

How did I get into singing?

I've always loved to sing! I've sang ever since I was a kid ^_^ :D!. I always loved music. I've always loved anime OST's. At the time, I didn't have any confidence in posting any videos in my channel because I was afraid I might get negative reviews. Another reason is that I didn't have a good mic and I didn't know anything about mixing and programs like Audacity.

How did I find out about vocaloids?

One day, I was browsing through YouTube like usual. Then, out of interest, I clicked one of the related videos, which was Hatsune Miku's 'World is Mine'. I thought, "Wow! For a computerized voice, it's really good!" From that point on, I started clicking the related videos and loved them as I watched more. By the end of the day, I was like, "*A* I gotta find me some more..."

How did I get in to YTC?

Following my addiction to Vocaloids, it all started when I saw a Vocaloid song dubbed by a Nico singer. The song, from what I remember, was called "Melt" sang by U. Sakura. I utterly fell in love with her voice. After that, I started looking for Vocaloid songs sang by Nico singers. By that time, I was already thinking of doing a Vocaloid cover. However, I was still not confident about posting my work online. This has changed when I found a Nico Nico Chorus on YouTube. Like the individual singers, I fell in love with all of their voices combined. It was then that I decided to find Vocaloid dub groups on YouTube. The first ever group that I had auditioned for was called Fanloids. When I had tried and auditioned for Akita Neru's part, I actually got in! I was surprised and happy at the same time (I also had a crappy mic back then too!).

When I finished watching the results of the auditions, this is when I saw YTChorus' video calling for an audition for Dear You. I did an audition and submitted it to the forum. Back then, I knew of the existence of YTC since they made the forums. I never actually got involved because I thought, like other groups, it would die down and people would lose interest. When I got into the Dear You Chorus, I was really happy. This was the time when I got into exploring the forum. The people seemed really friendly and they didn't seem to bite. As a a result, I stayed with YouTube Chorus for good. Since joining YTC, it made me build some confidence when it comes to putting covers online. Also, I got to meet a whole bunch of wonderful people, got some advice on mixing and the rest is history.. Happiness

The End~ sweet
Coda
Coda
Conversationalist

Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2

https://www.youtube.com/user/poyiebee?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by akano07 Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:38 pm

*cough*
Soooo, I'll just start my story when I discovered YTC . ehehe.

It was on November 2009, when I became an active fandubber on YT. ^^ There was a user: bloodxclassique who covered the song "Last Night Good Night" by Miku xD I was really curious on "who' Miku was, until I found out that she was a 'vocaloid'. While searching for some vocaloid songs, I stumbled on tangerinelolliop's channel, and listened to some 'choruses' (i dun have an idea on how choruses actually work at that time) hoho~

While listening to some choruses, I've notice a user 'anicrofan' (franky) hehe Smile) he really does sound good on that chorus (forgot the title OTL) and then I've search for his channel, : typing 'anicrofan' on YT search bar, I stumbled on 'kran117's channel, where "Celluloid YTChorus" is on her featured video. I added her as a friend. hihi since I've noticed that she was a Filipina too. :'>

I remembered that Kran posted some bulletin stuff where she was announcing a YTC forum, with a link.. I've tried registering, hoho I guess im the 23rd member of this forum :p ...

JBF was the current audition at that time. I tried joining with my crappy mic and fail mixing =w=b . Suprisingly, I won. Ohoho. *cough*

I've decided to buy a new mic and continue singing. Thanks a lot YTC peepz. ^_^

END. shy
akano07
akano07
Talkative

Singing Alias : akano Posts : 348

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyoeru Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:41 am

Why didn't I see this sooner? D8 ( I'd totally want a male badge AHEMHEM. / shot )
OHOH I know how to make this fun 8D.

One upon a time, there was a young artist named Kyo. Kyo, was a very odd girl, posting videos of her drawing, despite how much fail it was. One day, Kyo followed a wonderful artist, but fell in a hole, called music. She soon was in a world called Nicoland. Nicoland was a wonderful place, filled with wonderful singers like Kettaro, Nayuta, Clear, and many more. She, however, was naive, and didn't know who they were. She then discovered the true mad-singer, Hatsune Miku. Kyo, interested, was totally into it, had a cup of notes with Hatsune Miku, learning songs with Len and Rin, and laughing with Kaito and Meiko. Soon after, Kyo discovered choruses from the Queens of Producers. She loved them all, singing along, learning songs.
While on her wonderous journey through 'Nicoland', she accidentally tripped on a video that wasn't Nico. Next thing she knew, Kyo was back in the real word, called Youtube. But, after her adventure, Kyo realized that it was Youtube Chorus was what she found. She loved it, and quickly joined.

In the end, Kyo met new people and friends, tries to improve her singing, and along the way, learn from others.

THE END.

It's not really that deep but everyone was giving a deep story, so i decided to make mine playful.
Excuse any spelling errors or grammah errors AHEHEH. Now who wants to join Kyo and her adventures in Nicoland?
Kyoeru
Kyoeru
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : toY Posts : 274

Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:16 am

About four years ago I saw some fanart of Hatsune Miku, and I really liked her design. Then one day I stumbled over a clip on youtube and recoginsed her. I searched information about her, and I tried to listen to some songs. But I didn't really like them very much.
BUT! I thought it was a very cool idea and so I tried fo bring myself to like her. But it didn't work.
BUT I STILL TRIED!
And then... I found Ryo's World is Mine... I think you can guess what happend...
Some time later I found the YTC audition for BPM. So I bought a mic and downloaded audacity.
My first audition was for Kakome Kakome, and right now I'm working on a audition for Yowamushi Mont Blanc. And there's a CRAZY difference. After spending time here on YTC I've become much better singer and mixer. I haven't passed an YTC audition yet (well I got a little part on Kakome Kakome ehehe~), but if I continue like this, then I believe I can do so oneday (mabye sometime soon?? 8D) I'm gonna continue doing my best here, because I really, really love to sing! And even if I'm not super active like some others on the forum I kinda love you all, remember that!!

Last year was HORRIBLE for me. And YTChorus was my only happiness (that sounds so cheezy). I hated everything else. So thank you for everything.
これからもよろしくお願いします Crying

Back to top Go down

Post by Soltice Roroki Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:25 am

WARNING TEXT WALL

I'm totally going to have this wind up longer than I meant it to be....

I was born in a litt- oh wait wrong story. RIGHT! Well around sixth grade I got my first iPod, believe me it sucked...I knew nothing about music other than the few songs I heard from the radio between the thousands of commercials...radio sucks...So I had to start using iTunes to find good music, and spend a few hours a day searching artists and trying to find hidden songs that were amazing but hadn't come to the fame of others. I continued on like this until eighth grade when I found a song called Trick and Treat. Japanese wasn't strange to me because I had gotten used to listening to anime openings and falling in love with them but never delving deeper than the anime it was from and the name of the song, sometimes venturing to a friend to acquire a download of the opening. Trick and Treat interested me, the halloween fell and the interesting voices drew me into reading deeper into the comments then just the first page I always read. I got further into the comments and learned the singers were Rin and Len, a pair of synthesizers. For a while I listening to only Rin and Len songs, in complete ignorance of Miku, Kaito, Meiko, Gumi and the rest of them. Sometime around the end of eighth grade I stumbled upon a wikia on vocaloids. It completely dumbfounded me that there was a whole group of the synthesizers and they were actually a retail item and not just a professional program that was designed for a team of developers. As I got deeper and deeper into my love of vocaloid, my friend introduced Nico Nico Choruses to me. It astounded me such beautiful voices could be found over the internet with only a voice and a screen name to go off of as figuring out the singer. Eventually I gave up on figuring out the nico singers, and decided just to enjoy the music. After a few months I zeroed in on Usa, Chochou, and a few others. After I listened to their songs repeatedly until I needed something new so bad I was willing to listen to anything. I stumbled upon Akahitoha and found the youtube chorus. I was astounded it was as good as it was, considering the dubs I'd heard on youtube before. I decided to leave it alone because I couldn't really find anything other than it at the time. And then, a few months ago, I decided to research it while I was bored. I found out that even more chorus' and even better ones were put out by YTC's very own channel and listened to them all several times over. I noticed a link to the forums and took a few days to debate if I should join. I had just left a forum that I'd been with for two years, three if you count the down time. It was a rather odd relationship with the forum...a lot of drama, things I wont bore you with. So over the few days I decided that even if I don't join the chorus', it's still fun to be part of a community. And I joined, I never even considered I was a good singer, and I still don't, but I liked the forums here. I was eventually lured into skype by Summer, and I've stuck there. I've made many new friends that are part of YTC and some more through skype, and it's all thanks to YTC. I love it here and don't intend of leaving anytime soon!

Hm...shorter than I thought it would be ^^
Soltice Roroki
Soltice Roroki
Talkative

Singing Alias : Soru/ソル Posts : 353

Back to top Go down

Post by Mii. Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:35 am

https://sd-1.archive-host.com/membres/up/1649321176230365/YTCstory_40.html

Boring useless story by a stupid useless person that doesn't know if that thing is readable \O/
Mii.
Mii.
iPost'a'Lot

Singing Alias : mii. Posts : 3501

Post Spammer Winner Banner Decorator * 1 Sakura No Ame Chorus My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/Miidpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:18 pm

The Story of Takumi [insert last name here]
[insert subtitle here]

Before YouTube Chorus
Well, I've only started singing about a year ago. I was inspired by many singers on YouTube and really loved their covers. Some names that come in mind are MilkyCabbage/VallerieVee, Rikachuu, Whatocean/baytony, and ohmydesho. But it was actually Ashestoashesjc who really inspired me to actually record a cover and upload it on to YouTube. I wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do since I've never posted anything more than my first name (which isn'tt Takumi) and my age anywhere on the internet and I was pretty scared I'd get bashed to death but I figured it would be okay since no one really knew me anyway and I was only singing for fun. /runoff sentence. Thus, the born of my Kiss ~Kaerimichi no Love Song~ (now private) cover was born. I also covered a few other songs before YouTube Chorus which seemed to only be anime songs. (I was paranoid about getting banned hance my long "DON'T BAN ME PLEEEASE" messages you can see... particularly on Marukaite Chikyuu).

The only real vocaloid song I truly knew and liked was Melt which I first heard from Nico Nico Douga Ryuuseigun. I've heard of Hatsune Miku hundreds of time in my anime craze seeing her sing Tori no Uta and dance Hare Hare Yukai. I felt she was far too robotic and wouldn't meet my interests until I heard Melt and Black Rock Shooter I guess. I grew interest in vocaloid songs and came to listen to many songs. In the end, I declared my favorite vocaloid was Kagamine Len.

Joining YouTube Chorus

At some point, I was inspired by many Nico Choruses and general choruses on YouTube. Before I joined YTC, the first vocaloid song I covered was a shortened version of celluloid which I grew much interest in thanks to the lyrics, melody, and mostly the PV I saw in Nanairo no Nico Nico Douga. I really wanted to be in a chorus and somewhere I read a place called, "YouTube Chorus" existed on well... YouTube so I checked it out. It was a vocaloid based community but my knowledge of vocaloid was far too small seeing how I knew more anime songs than vocaloid. Dx I joined anyway. Sadly, my true reason was to give more attention to my account but it was mostly because I thought being in a community again and auditioning would be cool. YTC seemed to be a cool place even though I had no idea what the songs they've already did choruses of were.

I posted my first topic in the introduction place forums and did the stereotypical, "H-Hi... I... I'm new" kinda topics. Jin pointed out how weird I was acting and was probably the first person who I talked to. .__.' The only person I already knew was here was ANU really but that was from a Melt chorus. As YTC grew, my interests in vocaloid grew and now I know plenty of songs. I remember my love for Ura-Omote Lovers, JBF, Sevant of Evil, and Meltdown and other old songs. I listened to many songs. Oddly... my interests in songs went rather depressing and went to pretty dark songs.

I met many people. I eventually was labeled "shota" already knowing what it meant and had full knowledge of it. I grew with the community and can still remember good old threads like the old cafes (NO. NOT THE MAID AND HOST CLUB ONES), the Boys vs. Girls war, and other things. I had many Onee-chans and a couple Onii-chans. My family was relatively large. Now, I pretty much lost contact to everyone and kept one person in my family (Kira). .__.'

I made an alternate account as well for my fail covers such as my horrid Ura-Omote Lovers fail and my Disappearance of Hatsune Miku fail. This account no longer exists sadly.

We had fun times.

After I lost activity on the forums and Present Day
After I discovered Skype, I became less active on the forums and tended to hang around with YTC Skype. I had much fun meeting even more people sadly leaving behind others I would love to talk to again some day. I covered many songs since my activity such as Nisoku Hokou, Marukaite Chikyuu, and Mozaik Role. I eventually reached my grand total of 100 subscribers. And today... I still wonder how different my internet life would be without YTC. I met along of people and was introduced and even addicted to vocaloid.

I'm really happy to have been here and hope YTC gets really, really, far. ^^'
I'm still wondering why I'm the yandere shota.... *shot*
Haha... I guess that's my bio. ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by MeganeAya Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:56 pm

UUhh.. etto

Well I've always loved singing since I was a little kid. I always sung along with my favorite music and bands at that time.

So when I was around.. 10/11 I got into anime and manga and started searching songs like mostly anime OP's en ED's.

Singing basically helps me through anything. When I feel sad I sing sad songs, when I feel happy, I sing happy songs etc etc.
So after a while I got familiar with vocaloid and thought it was something really cool idk, but I got addicted to it XD

So I started practising on my Japanese skillz ( which are still at 0% ) < well that was a lie but you get the point.
So I finally got the guts to upload stuff when I was... 13? I don't even remember, all I know is that it SUCKED. Ha...ha...

So after that I found out about some choruses and I tried to audition for them > auditions back then sucked cause I didn't spend much time on it<

Aaand after a while I found out about YTC 8D. *yay*
So now I am here.. Posting this random story about myself of how I got here =w=)v

MeganeAya
MeganeAya
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : 文~ん Posts : 72

Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/meganeaya

Back to top Go down

Post by claireeerofl Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:14 pm

my story starts of with something totally unrelated to vocaloid XD

KAY SO, THERE WAS ONCE A LITTLE GIRL NAMED CLAIRE.

She was 10 years old and obsessed with the game Animal Crossing. (... i still love that game OTL) She was so obsessed that she decided to join an Animal Crossing forum in hopes of... well... nothing, because she was a noob. ;D So she posted around as she pleased, saying anything that was on her mind. After about a year, she came across a thread about anime, and was curious so looked up some and started watching anime and stuff like that.

THAT WAS THE DAY I STOPPED BEING A NOOB. 8DDD

So then came a thread about VOCALOID. DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN so then I was liek "lolwtf is vocaloid" but then I looked up vocaloid on wikipedia and youtube and was liek "ohhh. that's kinda epic." so then I started lurking around A WHOLE LOT MORE, and learned a lot about vocaloid and stuff

AND NOW WE SKIP ABOUT ONE YEAR 8D

I can read hiragana and katakana now, and have learned lots of dances to mainly vocaloid songs. I liked singing and dancing before but vocaloid and jpop has really gotten me much more into it and stuff. Somewhere along the line, I came across YTchorus. (i have no idea how OTL) I thought it was absolutely amazing, but I didn't have a good mic and I had no videos up so I was embarrassed to join or audition or do anything. BUT, a couple of weeks ago i finally got the courage to upload a video of myself dancing, but uploading that one video really got me into uploading and making videos in general. Eventually, I auditioned for Yowamushi Montblanc, but when listening to it a couple times I was very unhappy with the quality. SO I got my mom to buy me a new mic and I've been testing it out a bit and it's absolutely AMAZING so I did a redo and I've recorded a couple of other songs but haven't put them up anywhere yet really. BUT. now I found I love singing as much as I love dancing, so my goal is to be the best young vocaloid/jpop dancer/singer EVAR

and that all happened over the course of two years. ... i have too much free time OTL

ANYWAY, THE END. 8D

....... do i get the pretty sparkly badge thing now? >8D
claireeerofl
claireeerofl
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Joy~ Posts : 153

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by MikaJello8D Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:29 pm

aaah~ *w*
hmmmm~
i already forgot. OTL ||
i remember how i got into fandubbing, and into vocaloids, but not yt. OTL ||
ill type it out anyway, even tho no one would really read it D; =w= b

okay, once upon a time, there was a girl named mikami who ate a lot of jello and was hit by an eggplan-- WHAAAT THE HECK AM I SAYING? Shocked *hitsmyselfwithaneggplant* Angry ~

okay. ill try again =w= b
uhh. 8D it all started out wiff meh being obsessed with anime~
well, it just started when i was like 11... or 12...... O-OOR 13!!... who knows. Ha...ha...
id just watch my anime the whole day, and yeahh. Happy Go Lucky
(i wasnt really into jap, or singing before being obsessed with anime, i mean yeah, i like a couple songs, this, this, and that, but like, i never thought id start singing and enjoy it this much ~... 8D )

i was watching shugo chara, well, i wasnt REALLY into it :/
but i still watched it~
and i really loved sakurai yua and her song I\'m In Love.. ~
Secret Princess or something ^^;
i searched it up on yt ~ yeah, yeah.
and found an off vocal of the song, well, edited-Audacity-off-vocal-kinda thing.
it was Viyemelle's video ^w^
(i still remember, cuz she's my friend nao~ <3)
so anyways, i saw people asking for permission to use it for fandubs and stuff, so i was like o3o~ whats a fandub ... ?
back then, i was so dumb 8D ... i still am though. -shot-

and then somehow, i ended up in tsuki87's page, watching her eternal snow cover.
i fell in LOVE with it. shes amazingg. <333 Shiny
i didnt have enough confidence back then, :S but tsuki87 encouraged me to try it out ^^~ and i used Viyemelle's Secret Princess instrumental thing as a first cover 8'D (which is nao deleted, cuz i SUCKED back then-- and i still suck, but.. improved suck -shot-.) i dont think you got that =__=;

so how i got into vocaloids, mmm~
michigopyon's kokoro coverr~! singing <333
i started crying Puppy Eyes
and id listen to it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and ov---okay, you get the point. are you serious?
but yeah ; like months after that, i started finding out about vocaloid and nao im addicted to them, <333 (yesh, MONTHS, cuz i was too lazy to actually search it up until i came upon a a random vocaloid thingg~).
sweet

how i found yt... i was just browsing through random vocaloid viids a couple of months ago. -shot- 8D

OTL || how much did i type.. and it didnt even have any story to it. D; TEHE

-is somehow amused by this cute smilies- Happiness
MikaJello8D
MikaJello8D

Singing Alias : Mikaa. Posts : 13
My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/mikajello

Back to top Go down

Post by LenL0vr Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:44 pm

Spoiler:
LenL0vr
LenL0vr
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : tiara Posts : 119

http://teeheehaha-ara.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:54 pm

My YTC story:

My Mabinogi friends told me about it and I checked it out.

The End

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum