Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Wed May 01, 2024 5:28 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

What's Your Story?

+179
endelina
Kamiya
KuraiO2
MangoSheep
Fallian
AkiraRyuu
katerina778
Rei
Pamken29
Kagamine_Len
Shhh...
Shiyiou
Panchii
jessie21
Kachiko Ukato
ChiruKashu
YukiNagato998
Kaufdan-P
Jemina
HanyouGirl
Zak
aceofhearts.
Spoon
Kenichi Tsukimura
BakaNeko
Hisame
shockingbuggy
Marui
NipahDUBS
KentaMidorin
Yoshimi
animezirow
Sakura桜
Song of Amazon
HappyKittyGirl
koolmon93
Anba
ume
lèonstrawberry♥
Caspy
chokoreetokun
animegal8195
Emii
Ruru
SeafoamKazuo
Ciel
ichiki-chan
Roka
FlairsFromHell
SamiMommy
Ali
rosewisteria
BigTimeAnimeFans
Hikki-chan
Tobiister
Mim
kooh
Eva-Memories
Carette
Kago
Yuko Hoon
Rena
LizBorden
Aine
Kemi
Blip
Kasikki
Heller45
Lunarous
OmoiChuu
YTChorus
Miku-tan
Sugarlat
maxus
Raeka
YokoTenshi-Chan
Tachanne
SiaHyuk
HaruTan
Sakerune
huyutfsakura
Achan
Ri
Razzy
kappiec
MeriXy
Miyu
Dia★
Aki☆star
Asciane
xStitchedInsanityx
Legender
VocalNgo
Hana_Mahone_Se-Mi_WolFox
殷逸偉
MichiChan
Jenni
Aki
Laurel
Charlina
razra
OuterOcean
Ruriko
TetsukiMizu
Benevolent Malice
Jay-Shay
Kurai
Kanis04
hinatakouyama
Crescence
KookieDomination
Ernify
Chieriin
LenL0vr
MikaJello8D
claireeerofl
MeganeAya
Mii.
Soltice Roroki
Kyoeru
akano07
Coda
THE-BUNNY-OF-EVIL
onigirimi
Caramel
amurita
aquashadowcat
thatonechick
(ツ・ω・キ)
Cristlelinia
AmaneAruto
pahpawmipi
[★] Winter
iKawaiiAishiteru
TheRisingDream
princessdaisy09
Phatbeaniez
Onion
madao
Cherysh
Ashla
Variegeta
Elianti
hartless726
HanaRyuu15
Serena Scarlet
admirenkiwi
NovayaShuyin
Emi
NaNo ✩
DeeDee
Kumbancha
Meepy
AKATOMO
Ke-ki
SummerMirages
Blaire
Kuma-tan
haru.
LilacSonata
Aziro
Penny
Xephy
ChibiKumiko
apol
mong
mikura
Una
kiki
Kicchan
Haruna
Dympchan
Summer
krannda
kuri-n
RinSakura
~AutumnZephyr~
AnotherNicoUploader
JinSeng
183 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

What's Your Story? Empty What's Your Story?

Post by JinSeng Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:10 am

Well I thought this would be a cool way to learn more about each other. How did you find YT Chorus, what got you into singing, stuff like that. I know somewhere Rin said it would be a contest, but due to me being a horrible person and almost forgetting, there isn't any contest. This doesn't mean you shouldn't be discouraged in sharing, I would actually prefer you try to present your story in the most creative way possible. This can range from drawing a comic, recording your voice, or something that I can't think of that's amazing. So to start, I'll share mine.

It all started with me discovering one little song, God Knows. From there, I found all the band covers of it. This is what generally motivated me to learn the drums. As I kept going, I discovered a bunch of band editions of songs I didn't know the name of. So I kept listening until I came across a little song called Melt. I had no clue what Vocaloid was at the time, so I just kept listening. And from then on I found Double Lariat, another awesome song. As we keep going, I finally discovered my first chorus, which surprisingly wasn't on ANU's channel. It was a chorus for Double Lariat, and a nice one as well.

Moving on a few months later, I kind of forgot about all this Vocaloid stuff, that is until I stumbled upon Youtube Chorus's Channel. At the time, there was only some auditions and that How To video. I didn't think they would actually get anywhere knowing the quality of some fandubs on Youtube. Anyways, I kinda just didn't do anything about it and stumbled upon ANU's channel. I kept on following his videos discovering all these new songs. It was actually awesome listening to music that actually sounded good. Then I watched that amazing Shiningray chorus that celebrated 164's anniversary. At this time, ANU brought up Youtube Chorus in one of his comments. I decided to check back on it and listened to one of the choruses, and I thought that it was actually on par with some of Nico's choruses. And so my faith in fandubbing has been redeemed.

I wanted to be more involved with YT Chorus, but due to me being incredibly lazy and not really used to singing in a foreign language, I took what I was good at, going on the internet without getting killed by trolls. So there I suggested making a forum for YTC, creating a closer community. I didn't know if it would work, but here we are today, with me typing this waiting for your stories.

Now go nuts, try not to type a wall of text like I did, get creative people.

What's Your Story? JinSengSignature
JinSeng
JinSeng
Turtle Hugger
Turtle Hugger

https://ytchorus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What's Your Story? Empty Re: What's Your Story?

Post by AnotherNicoUploader Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:48 pm

EDIT: Seeing everyone's stories from their far beginnings, I guess I'll throw in a bit more here too. Because I'm bored and my bus doesn't get here for half an hour. c:

Spoiler:

Last edited by AnotherNicoUploader on Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

AnotherNicoUploader
Retired Staff

Singing Alias : ANU Posts : 399

Sakura No Ame Chorus My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/AnotherNicoUploader

Back to top Go down

Post by ~AutumnZephyr~ Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:30 pm

Hmm... Let's see... I think I have always had an affinity for music (even if I am not very good at it...) I've only recently been interested about singing again (used to be in choir in middle school), and at the same time happened to be addicted to YouTube videos at the same time...

I watched a couple of NNC videos and thought they were pretty awesome (didn't know that they were an actual group of people, at first I thought they were UTAUloids) Unfortunately I don't know Japanese... Sweat Then I also noticed a group almost parallel to NNC called the YouTube Chorus, and I watched a couple of the videos and thought how cool you/they/all of us (me not included of course) were/are...

Anyways, I thought that I would join for kicks and grins... (since I suck too much to actually participate...) And here I am now, being a my usual forum whore self, getting here two days before the one year anniversary and being ranked in the top 20 poster of all time in less than a week.. Crying

So yeah, there is my story...
~AutumnZephyr~
~AutumnZephyr~
Spambot Xtreme

Singing Alias : とめし Posts : 4174

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowSentry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:39 pm

I was lurking around here... Because I had nothing else to do. orz

But let's get to the point, shall we?
It all started when my sister deleted a bunch of VALUABLE stuff that I worked on for hours off of our shared laptop, which of course, made me very angry. But I wasn't going to take my anger out on a pillow or whatever. I was going to SING. I took my (somewhat decent) mic from my video game and plugged it straight into the laptop. Audacity was already on it, so I decided to record "Love is War" to vent my feelings out. It made me feel SO much better, and let me forgive her easily. That was how I started fandubs. (T-To be honest, it's still on my YT page...)

A looooong time later, I met Suvi on the Minna no Chorus forums and he supported me. (Thank you Suvi-sama. ;v;") Once, he mentioned that I should introduce myself to YouTube Chorus since I didn't seem to have many friends or subscribers on YouTube. Immediately, I took it under consideration... Until I chickened out for a bit.

When I finally managed to get my butt on here, I introduced myself semi-properly and got comments within the first few minutes. And I MEAN the first few minutes. I made many new friends this way, and I felt more like I could stay here.

So I guess that's it. ^-^; It was kind of messy, but whatever. I'm tired.

Back to top Go down

Post by RinSakura Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:00 am

Great Idea on this Jin ;A: !
I shall reward everyone a badge for posting here XD Lol.
What's Your Story? Mikuo (Male) What's Your Story? 1911 (Female)
(There will be one for most creative stories too xD)
Since I cant get enough of those sparkly little things.
I hope everyone will share about their stories too =) since its interesting XD

Bad + Horrible Grammar/English :

It all started with one chorus video xD.
Fire Flower by the Nico Nico Singers.
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSCCFUXf7M8&feature=related)
I stumbled upon this video because of one of my friend XD
And I looped the song for like over 50 times thinking that those Nico Guy singers are so amazing and they all sound super handsome LOL

After that, I clicked on the related videos and started to know about Vocaloids, some YT dubbers (like noki and ryan *the legendary singers lol*, they inspired me to sing) and ANU (because of the choruses he posted XD)

Later then, I started to post my own covers in YT because I aim to be in some chorus like that too!
After a few months of posting my covers xD, I couldnt wait to join a chorus, so I took actions and joined a channel that holds auditions
(https://www.youtube.com/user/tangerinelolliepop < well, she's not active anymore =(
But I didnt get to be in the choruses because she dissapeared X_X
*EDITS* SHE IS ACTIVE NOW \o\ LOL
Sooner or later, Ryan hold a meltdown audition, and I wanted to participate it SOO MUCH X_X
but I failed to do so because I SING HORRIBLY LAST TIME 8D believe me, its not what you've imagined xD (I submitted 2 - 3 re-tries to him but FAILED \o\)

I DIDNT GIVE UP YET
THEN, I decided to hold my own chorus XD ! *determined mode*
And PianoXForteXScandal was the first one I started with SUPER BAD MIXING 8D and so on.
(I took small little steps first, I invited my closest friends during that time to join =)
After creating this chorus, I felt really good and I wanted to make MOREE.
Then I invited noki, sumi, luke and riiko to join my palette chorus (that fails too xD)
I didnt give up and I made a larger group and that group WAS AKAHITOHA.
I never would've expected some chorus with a really bad mixing could get so much attention in Nico and YT.
(I guess it's because you dont really see much choruses like that in YT yet)
The comments in the Akahitoha video motivated me to Create YTChorus,
so that everyone, could join too ;A: !

So that's how YTChorus begun \o\ !
With MEGA SUPER THANKS TO NOKI , because she was the one who guided me , on how to mix properly, and so on.
Although Noki gave a lot of critiques which almost brings me down last time.
But I decided to ACCEPT those critiques and move on ;A:

(Ok.... I'm dragging this a little bit too long... )

Bla bla bla.... Then Jin PM-ed me telling me that creating a forum would be a good use XD
I REALLY wanna thank you (Jin) and ANU for supporting YTC too !

I'm really glad that YTC turned out succesfully (with quite a lot of ups and downs *coughs* Sometimes I feel like I wanna give up on this but @_@ you guys are just too supportive that I cant leave this place alone XD )
Ciel, Cir, Fruu, Kurin, Kran, Noki had done alot of me and I just dont know how to thank you guys ;_;

THE END sdasdaskj
*must stop typing lol*

RinSakura
RinSakura
Talkative

Singing Alias : Rin || 琳 || ● Posts : 468

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/RinSakuraRin

Back to top Go down

Post by kuri-n Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:29 am

KURIN'S YTC STORY. : D

Being such the lazy arse I am, I kept on watching chorus videos [mostly the NND ones, well they were the only choruses that were up]. I happened to stumble one of https://www.youtube.com/user/tangerinelolliepop's chorus and I was like, 'AH. I WANT TO JOIN. *A*' I did audition and made it in. [However, the chorus isn't up though.] Thanks to her choruses, I stalked bunch of people, such as Noki. -shot-

I was an avid Noki fan those days. One day, while stalking her channel, I saw the Akahitoha chorus by YTC. I was mesmerized by the chorus and got excited when I read the description. I decided to audition for the Dear chorus, which was one of the first auditions of YTC.

I hesitated uploading my audition since I used to be scared of Rin's constructive criticisms. I decided to be brave and upload my audition. Little did I know, that I would make it in the chorus.

Thanks to YTC, my dream of being into a chorus was fulfilled. I loved the feeling of being in choruses, singing with people and such. Also, thanks to YTC, I've met a lot of people. Lot's of ~*GREAT*~ people. Being part of the YTC family is a great experience. Definitely. ;]

Last edited by kuri-n on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
kuri-n
kuri-n
Chorus Staff

Singing Alias : kuri~n Posts : 125

Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

http://www.twitter.com/CleanlyKurin

Back to top Go down

Post by krannda Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:30 am

Ummm... so my Youtube story, huh? xD;;

Well, I've pretty much been part of YTChorus ever since the big Akahitoha dub on Rin's channel. I was just new to the fandubbing scene (I had been dubbing for only a few months back then) and I was half into Anime and half into VOCALOID. The only people I knew back then were people from Noki's gang, like joakkar, fushi, kopan, aya, etc. xD
And I mostly participated in tangerinelollipop's groupdubs as well, like Hare Hare Yukai and Bouken Deshou?

I remember having barely 50 subscribers when I got a PM from Rin inviting me to join Akahitoha, even though I didn't know her so well. Being new and all, I was thrilled and honored to be invited to such a big project. I knew about Nicochoruses and I was kind of spazzing that it was being done on Youtube as well.
I didn't do so good on my lines though cuz I had a sore throat then. *shot* 8D;;

YTCHORUS WAS BORN
And thus, I became a special helper/Rin's minion. My jobs included giving critiques on her mixing, telling her what to fix and what could be better. I also replaced people who couldn't finish their lines for the special choruses (ie. Celluloid). Being part of YTChorus made me want to do more VOCALOID songs, so that's how my VOCALOID covers were born. xD

Apart from that, I wasn't too active on YTChorus until the forums appeared. :3
I was so happy when Rin told me to sign up for the forums so that we could fix everything up before we announced it pubicly. I was like "WOW! We're going to meet all our followers! This is going to be so exciting!" and here we are now. 8D

I had no idea how big YTChorus would be when we first did Akahitoha. I'm actually surprised and proud of how far we've gone, mostly thanks to Rin's hard work. I'm really glad YTChorus was made or else I wouldn't have met so many friends. Also, I wouldn't have discovered my singing potential without it, so thanks for making this happen, Rin! ^_^

Without you, Kurin and I wouldn't have met either. Then I wouldn't have met my voice twin/Meiko. Then we couldn't have made the RoyalPilgrims either. xD

DADDY LOVES YOU!! 8DD
*shot*
krannda
krannda
I'm still alive?

Singing Alias : kran Posts : 1244

My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

https://www.youtube.com/user/fxsynth

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:18 am

Mine's boring ;w;

I heard about Vocaloid early in Febuary/March, and my first song was the most popular: Miku Miku Ni Shite Ageru. I loved the song to bits, I only knew the short version too D: Miku, I didn't care about, didn't think she really did much really, just wander around on the PVs. As the year went on I learned more and about the rest and UTAUloids and such. With most things I discover, I tend to search more about it to figure out what else there is to it. Took me so long to find out WHY A LEEK/GREEN ONION/NEGI? DDD8
Anyway, I started singing in August in English cause I was a noob. My first dub ever was Toeto in english, and my JP was Love is War. I had a small knowledge of songs, and I went only for the most known. Had a few comments here and there, little views, around 5 or so subscribers, started as it always would for people. I had 4 dubs, which I deleted later on. I had no contact with other singers on yt, some I admired from affar because I can't just say something to them, others I were jealous of from their wonder pronounciation/range/etc. ;w;
Muchmuchmuch later, a little before the JBF auditions were being held, I was lurking through different channels on youtube and clicking on subscriptions and friends and stuff. During this event of me being bored, I stumbled apon the YTChorus channel. I knew what NND Choruses were, and I admired people in them and wished to be appart of a chorus. So seeing the channel led me to freaking out for a few days in a good way 8D
Didn't do much for auditions because I wasn't any good, so I just stayed in the background enjoying the new choruses that were released. When the forums opened, that's when I realized how big YTC really was and the wonderful people in it. <3 Went for the most posting because I thought that'd get my name out there a little more orz Then one thing led to another and here we are today.

That's my story.
Summer
Summer
Posting Overlord

Singing Alias : Summer Posts : 6163

Queen of Posts - Feb 2010 My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Dympchan Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:53 am

The story of Dympchan?

Once upon a time, there was a little girl who just likes to sing and listen to other songs. Once she was searching japanese anime songs around the web. Suddenly there was this awesome video of people singing together one song. It sounded amazing! There were more of these videos and she started to investigate. Her favorite song was also sang by this robot thing called Hatsune Miku. What was that?! It was vocaloid. The girl started to love vocaloid! She asked who the people were in the chorusvideos and the answer she got was ''NicoNicoDouga''. She listened to them every day.

BUT SUDDENLY

She saw this YTChannel called YoutubeChorus. She read about it and then just left it. Too scared to join maybe? She isn't a great singer afterall.

Months and months later she saw that channel again. Now they made a forum.

So she joined the forum. She talked to several people, made friends of all around the world, had fun, and even met some of these people in RL!

Now she keeps singing, altough she isn't that great. But she keeps improving a little bit each time.

And she lived happily ever after.

Thank you Rin and your helpers for making this awesome Chorus.

Last edited by Dympchan on Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Dympchan
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Banner Decorator * 1 Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story Treasure Hunt Runner Ups

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruna Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:17 am

Chapter:1What's Your Story? Scars-of-innocence

Long ago in the year 2007 a little girl who's only in 7th grade encounter a lovely beautiful girl in green pig tail hair! I wonder who was she so I research more about her<3 after the research I now know who she was! her name Hatsune Miku :3 I started listen her music then I encounter other vocaloid like Rin and len and Kaito and don't forget Meiko too XD then I also started to listen them also :0 and the funny thing is I fell in love with Kaito voice... =3=

Chapter:2What's Your Story? Madhatterrabbit

Two year have pass since I know Vocaloid :D I bump into Luka the new vocaloid, also the same bump into her song just be friends..I fell in love with the song the entire 2009 summer...I kept listening to it over and over then I started see people singing they were Nico Nico Douga artist I first met Clear then Kogeinu then mucchi then Usa then etc you know what I mean all sort of bunch nico artist too many to list ^_^I was so inspire by them that I started to sing a little bit by bit ^_^ I wanted to sing just like them :D after that I bump into Ytvhorus due to my sister who join before me, I thought that if I join here it'll help me improve my singing and see my flaws and stuff...

What's Your Story? Winking_Crayons_Avatar_by_shirokuro
I want to thank you for creating YTCHORUS it's so much fun and nice to meet other people all around the world 83

おわり~

Spoiler:

Last edited by Haruna on Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Haruna
Haruna
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : punipuni Posts : 711

Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/KonoeNya

Back to top Go down

Post by Kicchan Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:20 am

JinSeng wrote:

It all started with me discovering one little song, God Knows. From there, I found all the band covers of it.

God knows is my first cover on Youtube. I started with my own page, I wanted to sing on it, but I never heard about Chorus, or groupdub. I thought at this time that I upload videos cover in my corner. But one day, I see on Youtube a Chorus of God Knows, after a lot of searches on this song too. I found the God Knows Chorus of HeikeYamawata. I really wanted to join the fun and I found this extraordinary ! More than singing alone, I really love sing with other people ! She explained about auditions and more, I participated to her Tabi no Tochuu chorus, but then, she deleted this project. And I discovered the YoutubeChorus Channel.

I had stars in the eyes, A wonder !! I suddenly discovered all of the choruses, the auditions and and and.. so mooooore ! YoutubeChorus help me to find new friends, sub and projects ! Without it, I never had the possibility to join the fun. I want to say : THANK YOU TO YOU ALL.... Crying

Before, the YoutubeChorus wasn't so huge XD It's unbelieveable to see all the people who join the fun today ! O_O"

My first participation into a chorus was The Valentine's day Chorus with my lovely Playamount ! This was really funny this story about some couples on the forum. I claim Play as my husband of voice....xDDD

Then, I took part to the Pokemon Theme chorus, another funny groupdub ! muhahaha
Today, I consider me as a member of YoutubeChorus because I definitely won an audition XD (Toeto Chorus) And the Sakura no Ame x Dango Daikazoku chorus are very important for me.. I think I can say that today YoutubeChorus plays a full part in my life (it's true!!!!) even if I am not very productive T_T.. That's why, I don't want this fabulous Organization dissapear..

Please, let YoutubeChorus still exists!

(Nb: No, I'm not crazy, nor a nolife XD)
[Nb2: Thanks YTC I discovered NND !)

Last edited by Kicchan on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Kicchan
Kicchan
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : TBK, TheBakaKit Posts : 1121

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story

https://www.facebook.com/TheBakaKitsune

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:48 am

It all began on a boring after noon that suddenly changed my life FOREVER.
As usual I was browsing through nico nico choruses that ANU posts and I happen to stumble upon the akahitoha nnc chorus. It was beautiful and there were no absolute words to describe it

so then I wonder if anyone made a chorus about it and when I checked the "related section" videos, wouldn't you know it? I happen to stumble upon a YTC akahitoha chorus! Though that time, I wasn't much of a vocaloid fan and was sort of shy showing my voice so I didn't audition..

Until recently when the forums opened. I was very excited to meet new people but I didn't have the GUTS to join because from what I heard most people there sing and I would feel left out (I haven't uploaded anything during that time). So I waited until December to toughen up and well here I am! XD Though I made my YT in february (since I was still a coward >w<)

Thanks to YTC I have lots of confidence in my singing and I met alot of wonderful friends! I can't wait to see what lies ahead of me in YTC! It's all thanks to you rin! XD

(lol mine is pretty short compared to the others XD)
kiki
kiki
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : kiki/キキ Posts : 1697

Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/kikipancakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Una Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:55 am

Wall of Text
because I cba to do anything creative

Mmkay so. I can't really remember anything before Rinny invited me to join the Akahitoha Chorus (...although I DO have some vague memory that I did talk to her before that.) Well, I've already had about a years' experience of fandubbing at that time o: And since I was...in a way part of YTC from the beginning, I don't have much to say on how I found it OTL

Ahah, and then I'll just skip straight to YTC Forums, cos my memory is just that bad. OTL
Tbh, I actually found it rather troublesome to create an account and post auditions on the forum at first :/ Mehs, but it'd be a lot more chaotic if there wasnt a forum, now that I think of it OTL

So, yeah, I joined the forums. I've only auditioned for Romeo and Cinderella, Just Be Friends and Yowamushi Montblanc atm though o:

.....*very off-topic* orz.

Well, I've had my share of dislikes about YTC too, not really the Staff members, but the forum members I guess, what with all these cliques and uke/shota-obsessions =w= (SEMES FTW.) Well, I'm pretty glad that there are people who share my same POV on these stuff, meaning there are still sensible people out there.

Unlike some people, I don't really see YTC as a way for me to gain more popularity (well, sure, it helps for promoting stuff, but it doesnt do much in the long run though), or gain new friends. Nor do I consider everyone here my family. (sorry, but it's true orz) So basically I don't feel that I owe YTC much, it's just something I've taken in stride 8D

Though, I'm amazed at how far YTC has come (well, since I've somehow been part of it since th beginning OTL) , and I do hope that YTC will keep existing for the next few years or so.

Don't aim to be the next Nico, we're Youtube, and we will always be Youtube. We don't have to be of Nico standard, we just have to find something distinct that we can call ours. I'm sure with enough effort, YTC's effort will be more recognised on Nico.

Ahahah. Not the most interesting story, but yeah 8D

~Una

Last edited by Una on Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Una
Una
Talkative

My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1

https://www.youtube.com/user/Unawhut

Back to top Go down

Post by mikura Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:32 am

Well, I've always been an active YouTuber.
And one day, one of my friends showed me a Vocaloid song.
I believe it was Alice Human Sacrifice.
I enjoyed the originality of the song, but forgot about it a few weeks after.

Ironically, the same friend sent me another song ; Popipo. ...
And that was somewhat the beginning. I hastily clicked all the related videos and quickly watched a lot of Vocaloid songs.
Somehow, my iPod had become full with Vocaloid songs.

Then, I found out about Nico Choruses. And they fascinated me.
I did some research on the Nico Singers and, well, fell in love. 8D

Then, I've always been saying to my friend. "KIWI, ONE DAY, WE SHOULD BECOME NICO SINGERS ... Even if our voices aren't that good."
And one good day, she said to me ; "You know, there's a YouTube Chorus, right?." So, I looked it up, and here I am now.
mikura
mikura
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : みくら Posts : 1177
My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/imusiiq

Back to top Go down

Post by mong Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:35 am

Have a lame flowchart! I started on the VAA and then... ended up here. 8'D

Spoiler:
mong
mong
Chorus Staff

Banner Decorator * 1 Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

Back to top Go down

Post by apol Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:40 am

*cough* this won't be long OTL

so yeah I'll tell you my story XDD
it started to upload lat January 23, 2009, that is when my Youtube account created 8D
before I upload my band's band covers of pop-rock songs,
my videos before don't gain much views unlike now XD.

I heard vocaloid from a friend on facebook (forgot her name OTL)
and the first Vocaloid song I heard is Uninstall (or maybe Package, idk I cant remember)
and then i got the Supercell album, and heard all of the songs, and I was like
"ZOMG I love it!", then I started to make guitar covers of vocaloid songs,

and then, SUDDI invited me on her CD project, and linked me here in YTC for the information,
and yeah, I decided to join and sing.
my first attempt is Hope, its difficult for a fist timer OTL
so yeah I continued singing, and keep on practicing everyday~

and then, thanks to YTC, my covers gain more views ;w; <3
and I met more friends! <3
and, because of Youtube, I met my lover, Haru */////* red luv
we met on YT around, like March or smth, *lazy to find her first comment OTL*
and we met again on skype 8D! <3
she was like just a ordinary YT singer for me before -shot-
but when we started to talk everyday, I fell in love =///////=
then I confessed, *thanks to Sun, he helped me XD*

and.. to be continued XDD
so yeah, that's my story XD

Last edited by apolxcore on Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
apol
apol
Resident Shota

Singing Alias : アポル / apolP Posts : 1495

Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

https://www.youtube.com/user/apolxcore

Back to top Go down

Post by ChibiKumiko Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:45 am

Let's see where to begin...
I first found out about Vocaloid from my best friend. She told me to look up Last Night, Good Night and Just Be Friends on YT. She told me they were Vocaloids and I was like "Oh, okay." I wasn't really sure what they were so I pushed Vocaloid aside and moved on.
Then after a month or so later, she (my friend) made me a YT account because she was bored. I decided that I would only favorite videos and not upload anything. I decided to look up Last Night, Good Night again and that's when I started to get into Vocaloids. I wasn't very into them as I am now...but I was starting to like and learn about them. Then I started fandubbing blah blah blah...Okay, moving on to when I discovered YTC...

I was listening to JBF and I was looking at the related videos. I saw an NND chorus of JBF and decided to listen to it, unclear of what a chorus is. So yeah, I listened to it and when it was done I as amazed. Then, I went to ANU's channel to listen to more choruses and saw a link to YTC's channel. So I went there and was like "What is this...?" I wasn't sure on what they did on YT so I pushed YTC aside. Then after a few weeks or so I came back to their channel and at this time I knew more on what a chorus was. So then I listened to the Sakura no Ame Chorus and I was like "OMG! This is amazing!" So then I subbed to YTC and looked at the auditions to see if there was any going on. The Melt auditions were going on but the deadline was like in 2 days and there was no way I could learn Melt in 2 days. So I waited for the next audition which was Campanella and I discovered the forums because I learned that you could only post auditions there. I wanted to join the forums after I was done with my audition but decided to join without doing it yet because it looked fun. Then I became a member and the rest is history. And yeah, that's my YTC story...I know....it's pretty boring and long. xD

I'm really happy that I found YTC because I met some really nice and awesome people and found awesome fandubbers. sweet
ChibiKumiko
ChibiKumiko
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Kumiko/クミコ Posts : 180

Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/xChibiYumiChan

Back to top Go down

Post by Xephy Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:00 am

Xephy's Story! :D

Okay. It all started last year when m friend showed me this little, dark, vocaloid song called Alice Human Sacrifice. I didn't really get the song at first but eventually did. I got interested and watched these other "Vocaloid" videos such as Dark Woods Circus, Wide Knowledge of the Late Madness, etc.

THEN

I forgot all about vocaloid because of school D:

SKIP A FEW MONTHS

My other friend showed me this vocaloid song called magnet by che:Sakurai and Hitori. I. Got. Addicted. I started to do a wider search on this "vocaloid" thing and the Nico Nico Singers. I came across songs like Melt, World is Mine, the Evil series, more magnet, Celluloid, Fire Flower, and others. I even saw this one group called YTC but I didn't really look into it that much. >.<

After a few months of collecting these songs, I became curious and wanted to see the faces of the NND singer (Stalkerish, I know =.=). I looked it up and came across the Utatte Mita Picture Thread here. So happy me :D

Then I saw the Filipino thread. I became even more curious about this YTC. I lurked for a few days. I remember seeing ANU's name and I got more interested because I subscribed to him on youtube. I also remember seeing Rin and Ciel's name here which of course I was surprised to see because I listened to their covers before.

Finally, I decided to join. I thought "why not?" I gave it a shot. I met many many people who understand me and my musical tastes because honestly, not a lot of my real life friends like the same stuff I do. I signed up for skype and got in touch with more people and yeah!

I also met some Filipino users here in real life which made me really really REALLY happy!

OH YEAH! The people here, my friends, encouraged me and gave me more confidence in my singing so I'll be uploading my first cover on youtube soon :D

Story's not over yet though. Not for a long mile ;D
Xephy
Xephy
Background Character
Background Character

Singing Alias : Xephy Posts : 2592

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/Xephy13

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:16 am

Lets see.

I always was interested in karaoke and all that stuff.
I really liked karaoke sites like RedKaraoke etc.
And when I went on youtube I found out about Vocaloid and all that stuff!
And then after that I saw a cover of Melt and fell in love with it.
After looking trough some covers I found Anu's account and reallllyyyy liked the choruses.~ I searched Vocaloid Chorus on youtube and got on the YTC youtube page and listened to Dear remix. ( *O* SO AWESOME ) I subscribed to the YTC and after a month (I think) YTC posted a bulletin saying that they had a forum. . . So. . . I joined~ ;D
And now I'm here~
And I already met 4 YTC people in real life and they're really really really nice~
And maybe I'll meet more ytc people~
Cuz I've got to admit.. This is the best community/Forum EVER~!

The End

EDIT: I'll also draw something~
EDITEDIT: NVM no tiemz OTL

Last edited by ✖Lawliepop✖ on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Penny
Penny
Spambot Xtreme

Singing Alias : Penny Posts : 5337

Post Spammer Winner Banner Decorator * 1 Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/penrosetingeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Aziro Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:30 am

ok here we go guys. if you don't wanna be somewhat depressed then just go read someone else's story T.T

When I was younger I used to live with my mom. She was very negligent in her parenting so basically me and my sister took care of eachother. I used to spend some nights crying but then I started to realize that if I sing it would make me feel better. I would sing for my friends in school and to myself at home and even though it got as bad the water and electricity being turned off I still was able to sing and be happy. I finally moved in with my dad when I was 11 years old and the move was a huge shock and It was very hard to adjust so when I was feeling upset or overwhelmed I would go to my room and just sing as loud as possible. I didn't ever think of joining an online singing group till I got to the VAA. There I auditioned and made it into a cover group and it was so fun getting to know different people and all thier stories. I've been in many different cover groups but most have died or gone inactive. I have a group of my own and was searching for some songs to sing with my group when I ran into a Nico chorus song. It touched my heart to think that soooo many people from all across japan would be able to come together and make a beautiful chorus such as that. I then started wondering why isn't there a ytchorus? I looked up ytchorus on youtube and lo-and-behold there was. It was at that moment I resolved to be in the YTChorus.

Ever since I joined the YTChorus I've made lots of new friends, learned lots of new things, and made lots of new memories. I'm happy to have been able to join such a wonderful organization. Thank you guys for being the ray of happiness in my life ^.^v
Aziro
Aziro
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Aziro Posts : 780

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

http://www.freewebs.com/midnightmoonproductions

Back to top Go down

Post by LilacSonata Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:32 am

Pardon my disastrous, obnoxious, broken english.
This'll be long, i told you.
Once upon a time,

There was this cute girl named Riku.
She was known being very fond of screaming singing, and also being a notorious arduous cheerful otaku she was.
(Man, now i'm suddenly feeling rather self-conscious)

She went to a Bunkasai at that time, and saw Rin and Len, whom she didn't know at that time. "Oh, they're so cute!"
But it didn't crossed her mind , that all begins from that small admiration.

A few days later, she saw something that pulled her attention in facebook. Something that said,"Me, cosplaying as VOCALOID Len!"
She arched an eyebrow. Vocaloid..now, where did i heard that word?

She clicked it.

And the world goes KABOOM

And she saw that girl, that very kawaii girl!
(I really thought Len is a girl at the beginning)
She read the description of Len that was tagged under the photo and goes all,"That she is a he?"

As she obtained the information that VOCALOID is a singing software, she quickly browsed through the net, with "Kagamine Rin mp3" as her first keyword.
(Since Len is a guy, i looked for the girl's song so that i can sing it)

and..tadaahhh, there goes "Meltdown".
And half an hour later, she was found snapping her neck off by singing that deadly song over and over and over and over again. She sounds like a Barnie for the rest of the week.

When she was looking for Meltdown's video in YouTube, she found Nico Nico's Boys Chorus with their version of Meltdown. After squealing (plus nosebleeding) in front of the PC like a rabid fan-girl, she looked up for more, and wondering if there's anything like this chorus in english. My kanji sucks.

It's not until a few months later that she finally found YouTube Chorus, she joined, and she was so very very glad that she kept on blabbering to her friends about this until they stuffed a bread down her throat.

And i never regret that decision until now. Not even the slightest.

Banzai for YT Chorus for even existing! You guys've always made my day.
sweet
LilacSonata
LilacSonata
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : リ ク / Riku Posts : 313

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLilacSonata

Back to top Go down

Post by haru. Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:33 am

AHH AFTER SEEING APOL'S STORY i wanted to write too :3

At first I was totally addicted to this game named Trickster so I was not active in youtube for like a year xD;; My interests got back on youtube when there was a K-ON audition or dub : D (apparently the 2 people in that audition was now my two closest friends : D and we guys meet regularly <3) and so while scanning for other auditions, I stumbled on TangerineLolipop's channel and I found Noki (and soo I started my admiration for her) then I stalked her and thats when I saw YTC : D <3

I instantly joined ytc when I see the Again audition (i even posted mine as a video response that time..NOOB ME) so yeah i sign up and joined. : D and I introduced myself on ytc and the people were extremely kind ;w; <3

Ytc changed my life soo much. you guys taught me how to have sex. loljk.
I sincerly wanted to thank ytc because without it I wouldnt have my subbers, awesome friends (you guys who know you are <3 ) and most importantly my awesome boyfriend which i always bully and raep. (yeees we got developed on ytc <3 o////;;/////o b)

YTC isnt just an ordinary forum : D its a place where in you meet ninja's, stalkers, dictators, cyberbullies (i am one 8D) , perverts, Gods, Terrorists, mad people and awesome singers <3 its pretty like an all-in-1 forum <3
I love ytc and I'll keep loving it forever. <3 stay awesome <3

Summary: Haru fapped for 1 year until she found ytc. : D

haru.
haru.
Talkative

Singing Alias : haru Posts : 437

Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

http://www.twitter.com/xxharu_

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuma-tan Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:40 am

OTL..I hate describing things...But i liek telling stories~ :>......Ill start nao...OTL...

AHahah so,

Its was a dark and stormy night....Just kidding.It was a normal sunday at my friend's house.As usual.....I was doodling on his notebooks and RPing(roleplay..if you dont know what it is..)with him...WHen...He turned on his computer and showed me.Ytchorus's first chorus. At first,I was like whatever..I wasnt so interested in singing....Or my voice but---Yeah..I forgot about it for...i think 4 months...OTl...Until...One fateful day...I mustered up enough excitement and finally i registered as "KumoKuma".The auditions available at that time were Saihate and Dear you? Yeah i guess....But.... At first, My intention was logging on...lurking and leaving and forgetting all about the forums...but--when i checked in my hello topic..I saw everyone being nice and saying hello and i started posting more.For 3 months, I only posted things in the word game section and i was started to go bored....But...At the last moment..I saw..The YTchorus's Girls topic.ANd there i found my first family members.OTL in my head i call these...girls....the original 5. They were:
1.Momichi-tan~
2.Dia/Flutter-nee~
3.VairE-nee~
4.Cioo~~~Wifuu~<3
5.Line-nee(OTL i think she disappeared...)

OTL i cant remember anymore.It was a looooooong time ago and there was an adoption frenzy in the forums...But i thought--It was only girls adopting girls.....Why not include boys?!! SO..I made the topic, ADOPTION FESTIVAL and since then, there were many adoptions...

Later on, I found other people and made my huuuuuge famiri. OTL i counted mostly all and i found i have about 30 family members....and---I married again....twice...and got married to my friend(the one who showed me the whole forums and chorus in the first place)and Tome-kun~
I also gained 2 masters and......4 twins?Ahahahah those were all included in the 30.Aaah and in that whole period of time i also learned that most people have a skype...OTL....and that BBcodes are evil.Very bad those things are.

Ahahahah enough with the seriousness i think i posted.AND--ON TO THE AWESOME~ RAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Ok./shotshotshot..Though i was only for like a month, only a limited number of people know..me....Probably most people in this topic would just look over this but I DUN CARE im posting this topic anywaay.OK.Back to the story.

I changed my name because most people just call me Kuma. So my name now is Kuma-tan...And i spam here and just lurk around and see things interesting i can post here......and---if anything else comes up to my moind, ill post it. My mind is off somewhere now and i cant explain... but..

THERE THE END.My ytchorus, uncreative Story OTL.
Kuma-tan
Kuma-tan
iPost'a'Lot

Singing Alias : mir Posts : 3300

https://www.youtube.com/user/Miramiee

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaire Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:38 am

I believe....'Alice Human Sacrifice' was my first real introduction to vocaloids. It was two seconds in, and I had already fell in love with it, and not just because it was Alice in Wonderland-esque either, though admittedly, I'm a huge whore for it. After listening to the song on loop for god knows how many times, I really started to notice the vocaloid buzz around me. All the Japanese artist blogs I had bookmarked had vocaloid playlists on them, and I found myself listening to them over and over again. I only really found out what Vocaloids even were by youtube comments.

Some of them were mean.

But anyway, the first YouTube Chorus I heard was the one for Spica. It appeared on my youtube recommended list because I watched a video with something making an audition for it-though I didn't realize at the time.

That was my first contact with the aliens YT Chorus.

Then I signed up for the forum around that time, I believe, and promptly got distracted by Double Rainbow. It was after I listened to the chorus for Shinkai Summit did I remember this place again, and I logged back on, looking around at the unofficial choruses and being entranced with them. Being the slacker I was, I didn't do anything. Then summer came, and I got the chance to be bored, when I remembered the forum again, and this cute little girl that called me Bun-chan, and thought, 'Why don't I go there again?'.

I wondered why I didn't come back earlier.
Blaire
Blaire
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Blaire Posts : 853
My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by SummerMirages Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:37 am

:’D
I’ve gotta warn you: It’s tl;dr. I also decorated to make it prettier/harder to read~
Yes, I did this because I wanted a pretty badge orz
Spoiler:
TL;DR Version: I went from an anti-social loser to a plain, slightly more sociable loser! Woot~
And I thank j-pop, NicoNico Douga, vocaloid songs, and especially YouTube Chorus for it! :’D
Yaoi may have been involved, but it's a different story...
...Okay maybe not orz...

Last edited by SummerMirages on Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
SummerMirages
SummerMirages
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Mira Posts : 732

https://www.youtube.com/user/SummerMirages

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum