Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Wed May 01, 2024 5:28 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

What's Your Story?

+179
endelina
Kamiya
KuraiO2
MangoSheep
Fallian
AkiraRyuu
katerina778
Rei
Pamken29
Kagamine_Len
Shhh...
Shiyiou
Panchii
jessie21
Kachiko Ukato
ChiruKashu
YukiNagato998
Kaufdan-P
Jemina
HanyouGirl
Zak
aceofhearts.
Spoon
Kenichi Tsukimura
BakaNeko
Hisame
shockingbuggy
Marui
NipahDUBS
KentaMidorin
Yoshimi
animezirow
Sakura桜
Song of Amazon
HappyKittyGirl
koolmon93
Anba
ume
lèonstrawberry♥
Caspy
chokoreetokun
animegal8195
Emii
Ruru
SeafoamKazuo
Ciel
ichiki-chan
Roka
FlairsFromHell
SamiMommy
Ali
rosewisteria
BigTimeAnimeFans
Hikki-chan
Tobiister
Mim
kooh
Eva-Memories
Carette
Kago
Yuko Hoon
Rena
LizBorden
Aine
Kemi
Blip
Kasikki
Heller45
Lunarous
OmoiChuu
YTChorus
Miku-tan
Sugarlat
maxus
Raeka
YokoTenshi-Chan
Tachanne
SiaHyuk
HaruTan
Sakerune
huyutfsakura
Achan
Ri
Razzy
kappiec
MeriXy
Miyu
Dia★
Aki☆star
Asciane
xStitchedInsanityx
Legender
VocalNgo
Hana_Mahone_Se-Mi_WolFox
殷逸偉
MichiChan
Jenni
Aki
Laurel
Charlina
razra
OuterOcean
Ruriko
TetsukiMizu
Benevolent Malice
Jay-Shay
Kurai
Kanis04
hinatakouyama
Crescence
KookieDomination
Ernify
Chieriin
LenL0vr
MikaJello8D
claireeerofl
MeganeAya
Mii.
Soltice Roroki
Kyoeru
akano07
Coda
THE-BUNNY-OF-EVIL
onigirimi
Caramel
amurita
aquashadowcat
thatonechick
(ツ・ω・キ)
Cristlelinia
AmaneAruto
pahpawmipi
[★] Winter
iKawaiiAishiteru
TheRisingDream
princessdaisy09
Phatbeaniez
Onion
madao
Cherysh
Ashla
Variegeta
Elianti
hartless726
HanaRyuu15
Serena Scarlet
admirenkiwi
NovayaShuyin
Emi
NaNo ✩
DeeDee
Kumbancha
Meepy
AKATOMO
Ke-ki
SummerMirages
Blaire
Kuma-tan
haru.
LilacSonata
Aziro
Penny
Xephy
ChibiKumiko
apol
mong
mikura
Una
kiki
Kicchan
Haruna
Dympchan
Summer
krannda
kuri-n
RinSakura
~AutumnZephyr~
AnotherNicoUploader
JinSeng
183 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

What's Your Story? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Your Story?

Post by Ke-ki Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:57 pm

I suppose i had a similar beginning...

During that time i was learning about nico nico chorus's, i thought about how cool it was to be in one. it was around that time that i saw YTC! i guess it would be called fate?

I finally finished my first dub of Akahitoha and i found Ytc's Akahitoha chorus! I was like" DANM it, why didn't i find out about this chorus thing earlier?! "

I was clearly angry at myself,but it made me want to join ytc even more. I subscribed and told my friends about ytc. I was soo excited for the first audition that i would partake in. Which was Shinkai Summit. When i found out that i got in... hahaha.. i must say that i was a sight for sore eyes.

When Dear remix came out YTC became bigger. The family grew and more singers were auditioning. i became downhearted when i realized that i actually ... don't sound that good. I started comparing myself to all the new people...

It was the dark times for me,but the forums came out and i found the skype chat.
I've made friends who felt the same way and have been supporting me! I began to practice and practice and not getting into a chorus didn't seem as painful. I made so many friends in skype because of YTC <3

When i got into JBF, i felt like my practice wasn't all for nothing. Even now, I practice hard for Yowamushi mont blanc. I don't want to stop singing and i don't want to stop improving. Although i feel like the family is broken up... i won't stop supporting ytc...

bahh i dont know, i feel like im talking about a lot of pointless things and i want to say so much more ...
but its ok.. :] -sighs- Love to Ytc, its admins, and members <3
Ke-ki
Ke-ki
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Ke-ki Posts : 156

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/UnWantedCake

Back to top Go down

Post by AKATOMO Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:11 pm

Umm well... my story isnt as heart warming and interesting as you guys's but umm here we go! XD:
Well i guess it started from an msn/facebook? (one of them) conversation where my friend was like: soo... Tomo what are you into right now? (hes my friend that moved to Thai for 6months at that time? So he wanted to know how i was doing) and being the ani-ota i was/i still am XD, i answered 'anime and manga' lololololol, so then i talked/typed about the anime and manga i was into for lik 30mins then i asked him the same question and he said that he and one of our friends were auditioning for melt and of course, i had no idea what he was talking about

At that point ive never even heard of vocaloid, or any of their songs, the only thing i knew was miku with her blue hair->cus she was on a psp game cover (if i havnt mentioned im also into psp gaming XD cant w8 till mhp3~) anyway back to topic: so then he explained that melt was a song and that there is a chorus audition for it held by ytchorus so i decided to listen to it and gave it a try and posted it up on utub so he can go listen and he said i sounded really good (obviously he said that to get me into it haha) but i thought it sounded really bad so i did a couple of retakes and just got the bgm and stuck it together with my singing in audacity and did the same thing and i have no mixing knowledge whatsoever XD... and yeah thats it lol >.<

So now... I much prefer singing than watching anime and reading manga(i still do but i hardly get the house to myself lol orz)
AKATOMO
AKATOMO
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : アカトモ Posts : 98

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/UTAUTOMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Meepy Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:04 pm

Geez, I actually considered writing an actual story. Brief consideration. Though it's not like I'm any good at writing, so . . . I guess it doesn't help that I haven't written anything in ages. Or I could've drawn an awful comic, or even written lyrics to sing awfully along a Vocaloid song. Well, uh, anyway. Onto my story.
My story, is, er -- interesting? It's not full of driven motivation of "I love singinggggggg~~" Not that I don't love singing. Well, it's more like a love-hate relationship when it comes to me, mostly because I can't sing for squat. Practice makes perfect? I doubt it. I think I need some real training to actually sound decent, but eh. /lazy

WHEN AM I GOING TO GET TO THE STORY --

Okay, well. I used to go on YouTube a lot when it came to Vocaloid stuff (mostly because I had an account re-printing stuff shhhhhhh it's dead now), I remember coming across YTChorus. I was like, "Oh, cool." But I didn't audition or anything lol. :U I lurked occasionally. 8D Then half a year later -- oh look, YTChorus is all over the place. @w@
Nowadays, YouTube isn't my place to get my Vocaloid fix lol. I check the Weekly Rankings and stalk all my favourite Ps/singers on Nico.

I eventually joined the forum because. . . well, my friend at another forum was all like, "Nooooo, this forum I go to won't let me change my avi. D:" I asked if I could help in any way, and that I would join to figure out how. Later, she said that it was just a bug, and the forum was YTChorus. Cue me going, "Lol oh, I'll join anyway. :D Even though my voice burns ears."
So it was something I knew about since the beginning, I think, but joined later just 'cuz. I've only auditioned for what, one official chorus? And that was a flop. :D

Now I just lurk here, for the most part~ Sometimes, I'm even too lazy to log in so I just leave a message as a guest. = w =b

Okay, so how I pretty much got into singing:
At the Vocaloid forum I frequent, we were planning to do something like a chorus. But that idea's pretty much dead now. D: Maybe I should revive it. . . Anywho, I 'mis-posted' in the topic that was only for members, and my post was going to be deleted unless I joined. So I was just like, "What the hey, I'll join." And that is when I began to get interested in singing, I guess.

I actually started covering songs after that, albeit badly. = 3 = And very slowly. I learn songs as slow as. . . a turtle or something, idk. I'm slow, and have like ten sheets of paper, double-sided, of lyrics of songs I want to sing. And that's only half of my list. And I know that's probably nothing compared to others, who have actually sung more than 5 different songs.
I'm scared to listen to my old covers. My current ones are terrible as it is, and I feel my old ones are even worse iie gads.
. . .But hey, maybe I will try to revive the chorus? First, I'll need to re-sing the song I signed up for. For like the fifth time lol. @__@ I tend to sing the same song over and over again. Which means I usually don't get to other songs, so my to-sing list is just growing all the time.
Geez, I used 10-year-old headset microphones that come with webcams, too. Awful. Just awful. Now I've upgraded to a skype mic I steal from my brother. I think I do more cracky covers nowadays (manry ftw). Maybe I should sing some serious things soon.

I feel this stuff isn't relevant anymore, so I should stop.
If I typed about how I got into Vocaloid, my favourite songs, Ps, etc., this will get even longer. Both you and I know that we don't want that. OTL But I've been a fan for, say, 2 years now.

TL;DR: I joined just 'cuz. I started singing because of a mistake. I like Vocaloid. Who are you --

Anyway, I can't say that this place is my life and that I love you all because really -- I'm not that active and I've barely even come into contact with most of you. orzz''' (But hey, this place urged me to make a new YouTube account. Now I have like five. They're for different purposes, I swear.)

I will say this, however, to whoever actually read all of this:
I love you.

</wall of text>

Last edited by Meepy on Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:08 pm; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : I had to finish the story lol. When I first posted, I only got some of it down before I had to go. @__@)
Meepy
Meepy
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : ミピ Posts : 152

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumbancha Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:35 pm

Ok, so my story starts like this

It was summer of 2009, I had just graduated from High School and I was completelly terrified of what would be the next big step for me, going to the university, so I decided to relax for that entire summer which meant I would be spending very long amounts of time on the internet (not very different from now)

I had heard about vocaloids ever since early 2008 but never took great interest in them, I just thought it was cute and completely dismissed it, it wasn't until that summer that I really started taking notice of them, my first vocaloid song was Alice Human Sacrifice back in January of that year and I had heard others too but it wasn't until I found Melt and Romeo and Cinderella, and Cendrillon, and Meltdown, and Kokoro, and the Evil series and the other vocahorror songs and the songs by supercell that I started to realize how amazing music made for vocaloids was, It was a kind of music that I had never heard before and it was highly appealing to me.

One night I was obsessed with the Disappearance of Hatsune Miku and I remember people in the comments saying how it was impossible for humans to sing that fast, then some other commenter quickly disproved them by saying many people had done it together and linked us to the chorus version uploaded by our great AnotherNicoUploader, well I fell in love with the chorus and I quickly started searching for choruses of other songs I liked and found them all or most of them, I was obsessed by those singing voices, that;s how my love for Nico singers started.

So summer was over and I was finally in the university, since I only had a few classes i had lots of free time to do what I pleased, being the shy person I am I spent my time on the internet in the school library, finding out more about choruses and vocaloid songs, I also started noticing covers and fandubs of those songs I loved, It really woke up my curiosity about the existence of a YTchorus, One day I thought, "has someone ever thought about making a youtube chorus with all these great singers posting covers up on youtube?" so one day I searched Youtube Chorus on youtube and I stumbled upon the chorus of Akahitoha, I thought, it must be bad, so I listened to it and I fell in love with it instantly, (the beautiful AHH at the beginning was amamzing =D) I was like, this people really have great talent and potential, I remember I looked at the page to see if they were holding auditions and they had the Magnet Auditions going on, I unfortuantely couldn't join because I didn't have a mic back then. SO then I saw auditions for SPiCa and I was determined to join, I went to buy a mic and recorded a fast audition and posted it up on youtube, I was terrififed of the feedback I was gonna get, (back then I was a noob at mixing and everyhting so I sounded laughably bad) fortunately Rin commented on it saying I sounded good but my timing was all of, (it was, I didn't know how to time my lines back then)

One night, being a suscriber of the YTC, Rin uploaded a video announcing the birth of the YTC forums, I was like, 'HELL YEAH I"M JOINING'! since it was an opportunity for me to meet the great auditioners and the people who make the YTC possible and well here I am!

I gotta say though, I have made GREAT friends here, like I never would have thought that I would become friends with ANU, that cool person that uploaded the choruses I so much loved, (now I can even ask him to upload some that I like XD) or Franky, that super hyper and funny person who uploaded so many awesome things, or other people I stalked before I joined this place, and for that I'm very thankful, this place means a lot to me and I'm sure it does too for many of us.

I gotta say thank you to the YTC for this opportunity!

I LOVE YOU YTCHORUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry for this long story too XD

Kumbancha
Kumbancha
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kumba Posts : 1151

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeDee Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:30 pm

My story?

I've been singing in a chorus when I was little - from 3 to 11 years, then in my school chorus for a bit, and now in Vox Medicalis chorus (the Medicine College chorus). I feel that only now, after a year of Vox Medicalis, I have started to somehow regain my old voice back:P.

Last summer, a project called "the Best Defense" took me to VAA. I started auditioning, but had very little luck with my auditions for visual projects. "There isn't enough emotion", they said. I landed a few small roles, though. After a quick lesson, I learned that "being emotional" is pretty much like being an idiotic drama queen. I resigned to "audio projects", and that's when I learned about Vocaloid and and that my voice was very close to Meiko's. As part of a few Vocaloid projects, I learned songs like "Alice Human Sacrifice", "Cantarella", "Cendrillon". "Go google it". VAA however became a disappointment fast. Some projects never saw the light of day.

And then, Razzy - (the awesome smexy dude whose voice is stalked all across the globe - back then a project colleague), gave me a link to a Magnet Chorus, made by Moonlight-Kurochi Misa. Razzy was, at that time, the Kaito in our project.

I remembered having watched a Nico Nico Medley at NijiKon (in Romania) that year and I was like "I want to be part of this!!!" *hearts in eyes*.
I immediately registered to MMChorus's forum board, where a fellow Romanian singer found me and and told me about the YT Chorus forum. So yeah, I was scouted by ChiisanaMelody!^^

I became interested and so here I am!
Quite a long and boring story, I congratulate those of you who had the patience to read it^^
DeeDee
DeeDee
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : DeeDee Posts : 188

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/SugarHighDD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:41 pm

Singing and music.... It started when I was only in preschool. My cousins took piano lessons and I really wanted to do that too. I ended up singing in a group at the same music school. My family also loved singing karaoke... xD I used to sing a lot. So then as I got older... I started to like anime... It started with Sailor Moon and then to a bunch of shoujo stuff (I used to sing anime when I was bored OP/ED). Before I started 5th grade (I think..) I ended up going to Crunchyroll for a while since I watched some shows there. That's when I was first introduced to Vocaloid. The first character I learned about was Kagamine Rin and her song "Kokoro" I really wanted to sing it so I did... And I found a bunch of other songs and sang them at home too. All of that knowledge lead up to the Nico Nico Chorus. I wanted to be in a chorus so bad! Soon after, I looked around YouTube to find group. Guess what? I found the YTChorus. I joined the forums shortly after it was made.. and auditioned for some songs... lol... So yea. I'm just a random little kid...

Thanks for reading this boring story xD

Back to top Go down

Post by NaNo ✩ Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:17 pm

I don't feel I really deserve to post in here since I'm new, but I've been around this chorus for awhile and such, so. XD;

So, it started back when I first looking around for choruses last year to listen to. I was young, naiive, and quite bored. I noticed someone was having auditions for a Youtube Chorus.. I smiled to myself and was like 'Ohh.. looks interesting..' and so, I clicked on the video.. and was dazzled. I subbed on my old account, look threw more videos of their and looked threw their channel. I then went back to the video, asked my questions and said I'd try to audition.. This went on for a few videos. But, because I was so busy.. I couldn't do anything but cheer them on.

Sadly, I soon forget about the dear chorus until one of my friends Jefferz sent me a song for an audition. He had me listen to it to test it out and told me it was for the youtube chorus. I suddenly remembered it and went back to the channel. I thought to myself 'wow. they've made so much progress.. ;__; I miss I coulda been apart of this more!' Depressed, I clicked off the page. XD

So, another month and a half came by, and I was looking the choruses and found you all again. I looked at the youtube page and saw that they had a forum. I took a breath in, and... left the page. XD I felt too awkward on here cause I have been on those Hiatus for singing and haven't really sung in forever.. plus, I don't like my voice too much, so, hahaha.

Anyways, last week, I was on here again and I told myself 'Self, I will kick this Hiatus! I want to sing again! I will do it! LET'S SIGN UP!' So, I did. I quickly looked around, and I felt a little awkward here.. but I liked it. XD People started adding me on skype and talking to me more. I've even asked for advice with my singing within the short time of being here. I feel happy about joining!

So, I've been enjoying being here since. And I know in the future I'll enjoy it too. ; A; ♥

Yus. A Newbie's story.. XD<3;;;
NaNo ✩
NaNo ✩

Singing Alias : NaNo ✩ Posts : 23

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/NanoDesuify

Back to top Go down

Post by Emi Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:22 pm

How I started on YTC.... oAo Well, as some know, I'm a chorus addict. =w= I remember I was bored one day, just following related videos and such that looked interesting, and I ended up on... Akahitoha I think. @__@ My memory fails me. It was one of the earlier chorus. >< I'd heard of YTC before, knew what they were about and such, but never really gave it much thought. Oh yeah, maybe I'll try and audition next time. ... Which I never got around to, orz.

ANYWHOOTS. I just followed channel stuff, and yeah, ended up here on the forums. o 3o My friends on Skype also encouraged me to join, and told me about all the fun things going on and such. I thought, 'why not?' signed up, and started getting involved in the group dub/chorus section. *w* That's my main lurk place, LOL. -shot-

Over time, I've started exploring other parts of the forums, and I'm sure I'll get even more addicted. >:3

That's really, how I got into YTC. ; u ; Very plain, very simple, but I'm glad I did. ^^ I've met a lot of amazing people, got to know a lot of amazing people, and I'm glad to be a part of the YTC family. :3

I love you guys at YTC Forums. ; u ; We're all a great family here, and I thank everyone for all the support and opportunities. ❤

❤❤~❤❤ Emi ❤❤~❤❤
Emi
Emi
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : エミ Posts : 1282

Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant

https://www.youtube.com/c/Vyrai

Back to top Go down

Post by NovayaShuyin Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:41 pm

Here goes my story FISH :D

Well I had a strange first vocaloid song.. It was actually marionette (the kind of heavy metalish one) Which I would while looking for other metal stuff. I only looked at it coz of the picture haha. Though I had already been listening to japanese music and watching anime for awhile i hadn't come across vocaloid at that point. While looking for more I found so so many vocaloid songs and was kind of absorbed into it. After awhile I somehow stumbled across Noki's covers and was hooked. Through her livestream I met MeganeAya (now one of my closest friends) and Franky (we all know how hardworking and hilarious he is :3).

After discovering nico nico douga I didnt listen to that many chorus' coz I forgot due to fmaily problems and school. I listened to stuff by halyosy and became hooked on the nico chorus'.
I felt inspired by the three I mentioned earlier (especially aya) and decided that since I was always singing along that I should try my hand at singing. I didnt have a mic and due to breathing problems I wasn't good at all but I kept going. Eventually I managed to get a mic and start recording and practicing.
Then a couple of days before my birthday (nearly a month and a half ago now wow time flies haha) I finally decided to sign up here and with encouragement from the new friends I made I posted some covers.

Even though I can't record now due to my mic breaking and lots of problems going on in my life, I still sing every day and have fun with all my friends here..
I want to thank everyone here too for inspiring me and bringing the world a little closer together. When we sing with all our hearts, the distances don't seem so vast..
Thanks so much for reading my story! As long as it was Te-he! /shotgunned Sweat sweet
NovayaShuyin
NovayaShuyin
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : Shuyin Posts : 1349

Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

https://twitter.com/ShuyinVShaughn

Back to top Go down

Post by admirenkiwi Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:09 pm

Well, i dont know where to start x_X
My stories not interesting...but here goes!

About 4 months ago, I guess i was just browsing at anime fandub songs and i happen to stumble upon a cool looking cover on the yt side bar. Clicked it and was on Rai's Cendrillion duet cover with Rin!<3
I fell in love, but of course, i still didnt know what vocaloid was. So i just subscribed and left things as they were lol.
I guess a few months later at the youtube homepage, it shows a whole buncha video's from whom you've subscribed or something close, well I clicked on the video "kokoro" with english lyrics, and i ABSOLUTELY fell in love haha.
I noticed then that vocaloid songs had stories behind it, but kokoro was a very touching one at that time. I finally got to ask and search around what VOCALOID was. Idk i was obsessed with trying to find out what vocaloid was. And then i started to see people with these fandubs and they made me really jealous! Also the nico dubbers who i didnt know what that was at that time. They sounded reeeally good, nodoame's cantarella also left a big impression on me like kokoro by なまこにゅる粉.
When i found out that random youtubers could dub these songs, I wanted to dub too, so i just waited out to buy a mic with my work money~
I only wanted to dub anime songs, but now i wanted to do vocaloid too.
I went back to the first video i saw, raixrin's cendrillion duet and looked at rin's info thing and saw the ytchorus forum link.
I actually remembered that i stumbled upon her page when i first saw it awhile back, but i gave no interest in forums lol.
Now i kinda think anime's almost overrated because im so into vocaloid. Also because im sick and tired of those moe animes...@_@
But i still love the old animes! I hardly watch them anymore, but i still love some!

So, i want to thank Rai and Rin for bringing me into vocaloid with their duet^^<3
Rai: Blitzace95
Rin: RinSakuraRin

Last edited by admirenkiwi on Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because i can :P)
admirenkiwi
admirenkiwi
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Kiwi/Shishi Posts : 147

http://admirenkiwi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Scarlet Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:21 pm

well i remember the first thing i did when i heard Sakura no Ame by u guys. . . i felt goosbumps the good one, go right through my spine. I was utterly DUMBFOUNDED by all the hard work, emotions and bonds everyone had formed together, and right then i knew i had to sing, because i hate it that when i can sing and let my emotions out all by myself and to myself .. . .why not show it to the world. So i joined like half way through the song and when i made my account......i already had ppl welcoming me making me feel like ive been with u guys my whole life, and in dango daikazoku i was soo thrilled when i got picked for it, i....i thought it was a dream. . .when i told my friends that i joined u guys the only thing they asked is,'do they pay you?' and when i said no its just for fun and because i know very well we all sing ,from our heart btw, because we love it. . but u know ppl are these days with money and stuff so for them this was no big woop,but for me?its a sanctuary of angelic voices,emotions and serenity. So i want to say, thank you YTChorus for opening my voice and soul
Serena Scarlet
Serena Scarlet
Talkative

Singing Alias : Rena Posts : 504

http://www.miamiamiamiamamamia.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HanaRyuu15 Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:54 pm

My Story? Well...
It really all started after I heard the Nico Nico Chorus version of Dear. I was so interested in well everything! I guess I can say that it was at that point that I started to sing. I only sang little parts of the songs never the whole thing and I didn't record it either. After a while of knowing more about Nico Nico Chorus and Vocaloid in general was when I really started to sing more (to myself though and no one else). Then I found out about YT Chorus after looking for some Youtube covers of Vocaloid songs! Dear You was my first audition (which was horrible since I didn't think about audacity at the time and I only had one day to record.) Even though my voice fails completely as well as my mixing (having not made any of the auditions I auditioned for) I'm not giving up. YT Chorus strives me to improve more in both my singing and mixing. Hopefully one day I will make it into one of the choruses! So until then I will continue to work hard!
HanaRyuu15
HanaRyuu15
Spambot Xtreme

Singing Alias : Ryuu Posts : 4720

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/HanaRyuu15

Back to top Go down

Post by hartless726 Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:10 am

Um... I guess I'll start mine now too ^_^;;

So...In a way, the only reason I got into vocaloid or singing or nico or any of that... was thanks to a certain Nico Singer that nobody knows I like *SHOT*. Actually... It was anima. And it was through him that I got into all the vocaloid songs and saw the seer beauty of a chorus. So when he uploaded his version of Dear, I started to look through other versions of said song, like I usually do, and eventually *a few months later, I think* I found a certain Dear -remix edition- Chorus audition. I never did get to audition, since like... I was in a certain situation, but a few months after that, the forums were made and I joined. It caught me by surprise when they sent me the lyrics and off vocal [rin did ^_^;;] and how kind she seemed, as well as all the people joining, so I joined this small community myself.

And, that was probably the best decision of my life. I spent hours on the forums, playing the games, and I made a few friends in the word games section and looking through the auditions I saw the talent that everybody on here had. Although, it wasn't until I discovered the Skype thread where the YTC finally began to change my life.

The only reason I made a Skype in the first place was because anima had one *shot* But... I dont regret that choice at all. In fact, if I had never looked through that page, found Franky's Skype and had the guts to add him as a friend... I would NOT be as happy as I am now, and I sure as *bleep* would not be the same person I am today. It was through the YTC that I gave myself a goal, which... if you ask my real life friends, is a big thing. They know me as the apathetic loser who doesnt like to do anything and moves at her own pace. But, the YTC gave me a reason to work forward and improve myself. Mostly because of my best friend Kumba.... she gives me so much reason to just keep moving and to try my best instead of DGAF'ing everything. She gives me something to reach forward to, and she's always there for me, and without the YTC I would never have met her. ;;A;; Thanks for being there ;;A:;

Most importantly... the YTC gave me friends that I treasure above all else. The days and nights that I have spent with them are just so precious to me that I could not wish for anything else in the world, except to meet them. They gave me a reason to keep moving forward and improving myself, and the YTC has created bonds that will never, ever break... i sure as *bleep* will NOT let them break.

I know I trouble everybody alot, and we spend night after night talking and laughing, but you have no idea what it means to hear your voices in my headphones and reading the text across the screen. Its just proof that there really are wonderful people out there, and I cannot say enough how much I love you guys ;;A;; Really... The YTC did more than help me with my hobby or give me a reason to sing... It gave me a family. And for that, thank you so very much, YTC.

And... I love you guys. I love you guys so much ;;A;;

*which is ironic that i can love you guys if i dont have a "heart" so yeah OTL*

ahhh this is long... sorry for the trouble ;;A;; I'm SORRY OTL Ill stop now

Last edited by hartless726 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
hartless726
hartless726
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : ハートレス Posts : 674

I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/hartless726

Back to top Go down

Post by Elianti Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:18 am

um.. um.. I-I don't know what happened, I'm sorry. >.< It's not even remotely interesting!! Why must I always ramble when I (attempt to) tell stories???!

..I'll just put the pre-YTC stuff in here.. >_>
Spoiler:
After browsing on YT I discovered YTC's Akahitoha chorus. Frankly, I never heard the song before then, but I thought the beginning was utterly beautiful and was surprised that everyone was from youtube! I thought that there was a chance for me to finally participate in a chorus.. ^__^'' At the time I was still a bit confused a bit about auditioning so I just admired YTC from afar..

However, later in the fall I finally found the courage to upload my first cover (Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari) to YT.. It’s not very good, but it was a start.. Somehow I was able to upload a few more songs after that as well..

Anyway, later the YTC forums opened.. and there was finally an audition for a song that I knew (DSL). So in early December 2009 I registered in the forums and.. well I was/am pretty shy so I kinda stayed in the word games section for a while(lol) but after some time I started to actually converse with others..

Since it was winter break, I was able to sing much more so I recorded a lot and I was finally able to join a chorus (Marisa Stole the Precious Thing)! I never thought it would ever happen.. *o* Well.. from there I went on to sing and cover more songs, get in a few choruses, and meet some great people ^^ and I guess everyone knows what I’m talking about at this point.. ^__^’’

I’ve actually become a LOT more inactive lately, but YTC really has changed me a lot. I loved singing before, but now I cannot go a day without singing at least a little bit(even when I’m sick and shouldn’t be *cough*). It’s great to see how YTC has become a thriving community that keeps on getting better. I’ve seen/heard a lot of people improve since the time I’ve been here (which was not very long, but), and I really wish to see it continue. ;3

Easily the longest post I've ever written on YTC. x_x

Last edited by Elianti on Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed the formatting.. o.o)
Elianti
Elianti
Talkative

Singing Alias : エリアンティ /エリア Posts : 491

My YTC Story

http://elianti.blog131.fc2.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Variegeta Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:33 am

Hrmm... This is a bit hard to describe. I'm not very good with writing Hahaha.

Well, I became a fan of Vocaloid two years ago by finding about Rin and Len through Kokoro/ Kiseki. Then I found about Miku through Light Song. I researched Vocaloid and listened to songs uploaded on Youtube and found Alice Human Sacrifice. That's how I found out about Kaito and Meiko. After browsing through more Vocaloid music, I found out about Utau, Haku, Neru and the lot. Then I found a cover of the song and fangirled. Eventually I found more covers, got linked to Nico, browsed around after registering, and found out more about Nico and about the choruses (especially that NicoNico Dear Chorus xD)

But with so many choruses on Nico, I went to Youtube to easily pick out what most people liked and found ANU's channel and subscribed. One day, I was on ANU account trying to remember that chorus I wanted to download and got sidetracked by ANU's recent activity that showed him favoriting (or commenting, I don't remember) on Akahitoha YTChorus. I was like "Heh. This will probably suck because it's from Youtube. But wait, ANU favorited/ commented with something good. I must check it out" Needless to say, I did. I thought it was better than many I've seen, but a bit too cutesy though. =w=;;

Anyways, I looked around the channel and uploaded videos and saw some auditions, was stupid for a moment, thought I could sing, auditioned, and lo and behold, I got into the Shinkai Summit chorus and I officially became part of YTC. owo Jin Eventually made the forum and I was the 47th member of the forum! Whoo!

Though being the extreme Asian I am, I don't talk much and keep to myself a lot, so I don't do much in the forums or on YT. xD;; I'm a boring person unless you're as critical about stuff as me or have the many of the same interests.

Speaking of which I would really like a meet up with YTC people. >__> But few people are in New York City.../offtopic
Variegeta
Variegeta
Talkative

Singing Alias : Vari Posts : 488

Banner Decorator * 1 Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story Treasure Hunt 1st Place Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:39 am

I first heard of YT Chorus maybe like a year ago.

I was listening to this tear-jerking Luka Megurine song (you get a cookie for the song-which-I-think-everyone-knows-haha) and in the "Related Videos" list, I saw this thing that said "YouTube Chorus". Me, being someone who doesn't listen to dubs, especially ones from YouTube, I didn't really feel like clicking it. But considering that it's a really nice song, I figured what the heck? Let's give it a listen.

Then I heard the "ahs" of AWWWWDORABLENESS!!!11!11111!!!
*gets hit with a brick*

Erm, anyway, I couldn't believe that a YouTube Fandub/Cover, let alone a whole chorus, could sound so pretty and pronounce the Japanese words so well! So I subscribed to the YTChorus channel and continued to stalk watch you guys.

The stalking watching paid off, since now I found this forum and get to hear all your lovely voices. ;wwwww;

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashla Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:48 am

My first ever recorded song was "Love is war". Message was toward my friend which I liked.
I was too shy to say that I like her and stuff so I sang the song. Instead of words that I'm bad at creating.
Love is war was only just a message towards that girl so I didn't post it on Youtube. Until she listens to me singing and says
"I like your voice".
After that happened, I sang, even people laugh at me, I sang a song. Few months later, I started posting it to youtube and nico nico, even though I suck at singing. But, She said she liked my voice, so I sang even louder, so that she can hear it. But now, I don't even talk to her, I hate her and she hates me, but still thanks to her that made me find what singing is. "Sending your message to people with melody". A bit long and weird answer, but, cuz of her I could kept singing even all the nico nico "anti" says I have no skill or things like that. But now, those good days are gone, we are walking on different paths, those paths might never meet each other again. Still, I sing a song towards the girl, saying "I'm happy that I liked you from start" with melody. Like a Fire Flower.

That's how I started singing on Youtube.
Bit weird story, but there is words
"Real world is mysterious than Novel"
So, I sing a song.
Ashla
Ashla
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Ashla Posts : 61

My YTC Story

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=1789298629

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherysh Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:26 am

I'm not too sure how it all started actually... But it probably began around mid-2009...

What I remember is stumbling upon the amazing NND chorus of Just Be Friends. From there, I listened to the original JBF and then found out about Vocaloid and started listening to Vocaloid songs and covers.

And one day, as I was browsing the Voice Acting Alliance forums, I stumbled upon a thread made by YTC for auditions for choruses - which I was interested in. I put off auditioning but I ended up trying out for Spica...

I never recorded any covers or stuff at that point, but I guess Vocaloid music and the covers I had heard really inspired me to ><

The first "full" cover I uploaded on YT was on the 6th of February (but I deleted it)... I think I've come a long way with my mixing and I can hear noticeable improvements compared to be before in my singing. Practice really does help one improve!

And now, I'm as engrossed with NND and Vocaloid as ever 8D

It's wonderful - the different ways everyone had discovered this community and about Vocaloid, isn't it?

Last edited by Cherysh on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Cherysh
Cherysh
Talkative

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:36 am

(Sorry for long not-so-related start, I thought it was important)

My YTC story starts way back, It's so back I honestly don't remember when it started.
My dad loves music and he always gets the best recording equipment he could afford.
Growing up, I was surrounded by music and yet it never really got to me until, sadly, a much older age. After i realized I liked singing I found out that I, Unfortunatly, Have stage fright and low self esteem. Knowing that sorta crushed my dreams to tiny little pieces, But I never gave up singing. I decided the best way to avoid my stage fright is to simply not go on a stage. I started recording with my dad because I wanted to get famous slowly, through the internet. But my stage fright got so bad I never had the guts to upload anything. I evantually uploaded one song, and I regret it very much. I discovered Vocaloid and quickly later also Nico Nico Chorus.A dream come true! A way to sing without being on stage! I knew no one likes to hear one person singing a song, but the word "Chorus" just attracts the eyes! I always wanted to be one of them but the more I practiced the more I lacked the confident.I think I was good enough, also,a language barrier was in the way. I felt much better when I found out they're much older than me so I have time.

What made me really happy was finding out about SquaDus,I honestly didn't think anyone could succeed, coming from Israel, but he is now a Nico Nico singer who brings pride to our country, And I want to be just like him, and maybe, someday, do a duet with him. Going through his videos I found a video with 'YTChorus' in the title. I gotta be honest it took me quite a while to understand the YT standed for 'YouTube', When I did, I wanted to join so badly but I didn't have my own mic at the time and my dad just moved away to a different city after getting a divorce. It was around the time of Saihate auditions. By the time I got my own mic (One of my dad's old proffesional singing mics) The audition was over and I kept waiting for another one. I subscribed to YTC and waited patiently. And then it came! The Yowamushi Montblanc auditions! I was so happy because I knew and loved the song and I had enough confident to tell myself I can sing it. I got so excited and was one of the first to send an audition, and I am still waiting for resault.

As I've been waiting I noticed that YTC uploaded another video! The YTC anniversary! I couldn't help but being sad that a year has passed and I didn't know of YTC, therefore, I missed out alot. But I didn't let that get me down. I read about the events and decided it's time I start being active in the forums. I was confident of my english and quickly began posting. Fast enough and I was already a part of a chorus in the chorus battle! Not only that but I got to join a family and be someones daughter XD. Going from birth to this minute, this is where my story ends.
Oh, who am I kidding,

This is where my story starts.
(Too witty? XD;)

Last edited by Anarkeru on Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by madao Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:35 am

Hello everybody~, a story huh? Well I only started this recently~^^ I dont have much to write about but.

Well I didn’t really have interest in singing or even vocaloid that much, but after hearing some chorus of vocaloids from NND I thought it was awesome!>< and I started to listen more vocaloid songs, I started to play some vocaliod songs on my guitar since I play one but I started to sing some songs when I don’t even realise it, like when I’m walking or in the car, I was thinking if I could join one of these chorus but didn’t even make an move on it Razz and after hearing more of chorus the I stumbled across on a channel called “YTChorus”. I realised my friend was already part of this channel and asked what it’s about and thought that this might be a chance for me to give it a try. It’s been around 4 months since I joined this channel and it’s been a great fun singing with other people over the world, talking with others, reading how people respond to you and how everyone helps you out.

I’m still singing for this chorus~ and thank you for all of the staff and member of the YTChorus~

Sorry for the bad English and everything orz

Last edited by madao on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
madao
madao

Singing Alias : MADAO Posts : 48

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:01 am

So. The Vanilla Pancake shall post her little story too.

I created my YT-acc a year ago or so. wasnt active very much, and I didnt have the confidence to sing...
I stumbled on "Alice Human Sacrifice" because of the german Fandubber "Strawbellycaky" and "Paperblossom". I looked up the original AHS and found the version with yamai, clear and usa. The description said "Nico Nico Singers" and I looked for them on Youtube. Stumbled across ANU's, Amonderevex's and Nshaken's channels and fell in love with vocaloid stuff.

I uploaded some things on my channel(but nobody seemed to like it) orz
and then, some day, I listened to Melt. and the related videos said there was an audition for this song on YoutubeChorus.
I was like "oh cool! but those notes....no. you're not going to do it XD"
I stalked this audition video and then, I finally decided to register on this forum.

and now I'm so happy to be here ;; though I didnt really audition for many choruses.
I found so many lovely people on this forum and I feel like a part of a very big famury >w<
I got more confident because of this place Smile and my english improved a bit

THANK U GAIZU >w<

(not creative/exciting story is not very creative/exciting OTL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onion Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:15 am

Onion's YTC Story

Yo! Onion here. I wannamake my YTC sotry =w=

So:

Back in late 2008, a video was posted to audition for Kumikyoku. I did my best to join in. (Sadly the person went inactive and the chorus was never made) I did an audition and was sadly, turned down orz I soon did alot of Anime covers, not knowing what this "vocaloid" thing is. Until I stumpled apon (again) AnotherNicoUploader's account. I went and watched alot of his videos. I was like ZOMGWTFBBQ Shiny I wanted to sing Vocaloid songs! Too bad I couldn't since my brain can't take in the fact of this "Japan" stuff. Zoon I went back to ANU's account to find this YTC thing. I clicked, subbed, and loved. Barely auditioning or commenting, I lurked this account until YTC Forum opened. Where I soon joined and SPAMMED! Happy The forum made my bored days go away \o/ Back then I was really depressed in life. Since there was barely anything to do (and people shunned me for my otaku love) I love YTC and I love everyone! I hope I didn't bore you with my story. Happy days everyone! And Sing to the World!
Onion
Onion
*~Sparkling Mixer~*

Singing Alias : Onion Posts : 4112

I'm on the spice rack! Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story Blind Duets Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/SeirenOnion

Back to top Go down

Post by Phatbeaniez Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:56 am

Zoe's YTC story. owo

**NOTE**
this will probably be the most boring story you'll EVER read, so if you want to read something interesting, please do not read mine. 8D
you have been warned. >w<b

-START-

How I got into singing~
Spoiler:

How I got into Vocaloids~
Spoiler:

If you've read every up until now, good job. If you skipped to here, awesome. If you aren't reading any of this, 8D

How I got to YTC~
Spoiler:

And that is my YTC Story. >w<

-END-
Phatbeaniez
Phatbeaniez
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Auri Posts : 874

https://www.youtube.com/user/cellauri

Back to top Go down

Post by princessdaisy09 Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:40 pm

where should i start.......

well i`ve always been active on youtube and love to be there,
i joined because of videogames, i wanted to meet new people and play with them; so thats why i joined; after a while i got bored and i started searching for random things and i found vocaloids, the first song i heard was alice human sacrifice, i fell in love with it.
After a while i found about nico nico choruses the first one i heard was meltdown, it was pretty epic after i started looking for the people singing there cause i wanted to sing like them T.T and i fell in love with clear,amu,valshe and mitani`s voice x3
soooo after that i saw the ytc page on youtube, i was like "oh wow,wanna be nico nico" T.T
BUT thats when i heard the dear you remix chorus and fell in love with you : D then you made the forums and i decided to join but i lurked for a long time, but then i just started posting and met all of the amazing people ;3 and now i love it here

yup thats my story.
princessdaisy09
princessdaisy09

Singing Alias : 09 Posts : 44

https://www.youtube.com/user/princessdaisy09

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRisingDream Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:59 pm

Okay let's bring the most uninteresting story EVER. 8D

Okay, well long ago when I was in 4th grade, I was looking around amvs or mads and one of them used Alice Human Sacrifice. AND I LOVED IT. *A* So I started looking around and saw the nico singers version. *A* I loved it. I later learned it was sung by something called vocaloid. XD I looked it up and saw that green hiared girl. XD Miku. I actaully saw her before on weird ads but let's avoid that! 8D
Well after that. ouo I started researching, learning about nicodouga, nico singers and blah. XD Then when I was addicted to Romeo and Cinderella (6th grade? I dunno. XD) I looked up chorus videos and there, I saw the most awesomest R&C chorus video I have ever seen. *A* When I learned it was by YT users I was just amazed. *A* So I just joined the forums after that. XD
When I was a noobie and was freaking shy to post I saw that there was a GroupDubs and Organizations thing I was like. *0* SO COOL. So I started covering and stuff and yea. ouo My first chorus I was in was the March Rain one. XD
I later met some people. ouo But I talked with them thorugh pm so I wasnt close much. XD Then when I volunteered mixing a chorus, the organizer suggested I get a skype. I was like; "Don't you need a headset?" Turns out, you just needed a mic and typing skills. -w-
Well, after getting one, I met lots of new people, had nice (random) convos with them, and managed to make really close friends. XD They helped me when I was sad. ;w; Or when I'm overstressing. XD
I'm still hoping I get through one YTC audition. XD But pfft. Oh well. I still enjoy stalking the forum. *0* -shot-

BORING YTC STORY ENDS. 8D
TheRisingDream
TheRisingDream
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : AkumuNeko Posts : 771

Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/MidnightNinja7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum