Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Wed May 01, 2024 5:28 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

Complains + Suggestions collection

+10
RinSakura
YTChorus
Aelve
ChiruKashu
Ciel
Kumbancha
mong
krannda
Fruutella
QrMOMOKA
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Complains + Suggestions collection - Page 2 Empty Re: Complains + Suggestions collection

Post by Fruutella Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:57 am

QrMOMOKA wrote:I don't see anything wrong with having staff member in without auditioning, as long as they sound good. I mean, YTC is not a charity.
But if they do audition, people like it when it seems fair.
So a FAQ on the judging topic can stop people from guessing "OH IT'S FAVOURATISM BLAHBLAH" :3 Looking forward to see that FAQ!
Noki and me are going to make one :3!
Fruutella
Fruutella
Chorus Staff

Back to top Go down

Complains + Suggestions collection - Page 2 Empty Re: Complains + Suggestions collection

Post by ChiruKashu Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:51 pm

QrMOMOKA wrote:How about.. we pick out the "steps of how YTC judge", "what happens when one of the auditioner is a judge", "deadline", and other easily misunderstood topics, and make them into a seperate post?
For future auditions, whoever's posting the audition can just link to that post so people can understand.

Hmmm.. I always thought these subjects were pretty clear. Ofcourse we dont judge ourselves, or let friends in just like that. I think it's better to adjust these subject with every audition post, instead of making them into seperate posts, this way, more people will read it and be informed of the actual case of judging and deadlines and whatnot.

Thank you very much for your post! This way we can work with everyone and respond clearly to big subjects that are vague. :>
ChiruKashu
ChiruKashu
Chorus Staff

Singing Alias : Cir Posts : 54

Sakura No Ame Chorus My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChiruKashu

Back to top Go down

Post by ChiruKashu Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:01 pm

QrMOMOKA wrote:Mong is right. No matter how many times you say "mods won't bite", people are still afraid to talk to mods, especially about complains. (Mods are kinda like school principals. Even if the principal said "come to me if you need help", you still wouldn't go talk to him. XD)
It's hard to complain about something, because even though your words might sound pretty nice and friendly to you, others might think you're totally firing at them.

Ah I see what you mean, but as you can see, none of the mods are hostile :> We are actually glad that someone finally stood up !

I hope more people will follow your example! Thanks again! :>
ChiruKashu
ChiruKashu
Chorus Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciel Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:51 pm

ChiruKashu wrote:
QrMOMOKA wrote:Mong is right. No matter how many times you say "mods won't bite", people are still afraid to talk to mods, especially about complains. (Mods are kinda like school principals. Even if the principal said "come to me if you need help", you still wouldn't go talk to him. XD)
It's hard to complain about something, because even though your words might sound pretty nice and friendly to you, others might think you're totally firing at them.

Ah I see what you mean, but as you can see, none of the mods are hostile :> We are actually glad that someone finally stood up !

I hope more people will follow your example! Thanks again! :>

I'm not hostile, really, but I'm nice either, so if people are scared of me, then don't ask me anything, and ask the nicer mods. My response earlier wasn't meant to be an attack, but rather more of a "We work for free and you expect all of this from us!!!?!??!?! You've got to be joking." XD;;;;;. It's really more like, anything that makes my unpaid work even tougher and less rewarding is just...no. I'd rather quit being a staff member of YTC than be subjected to that, thanks. Unless you start giving me a paypal paycheck, I'm not about to lose the potential to be able to participate in choruses (...I don't really, but you get my point). Though I guess anyone that asks anything from me expects me not to be nice anyway, so I can only say "You asked for it, don't go cryin' to mama".

Feedback can only go wrong though, personal opinion. People are sensitive, and if the "feedback" isn't to their liking they just try to self-justify it with things like "ugh they probably didn't listen properly" or "well, whatever, it's just one person's opinion, i'm still amazing D8<" and start hating the mod or whatever. Personally, it's true. It's just one person's opinion. Stop obsessing over it XD. Like stated earlier, even amongst the judges we have our own preferences. I'm not overly fond of cute voices, and some judges prefer them. And then obviously if it's a cute song, it would make sense for me to try to go "okay. as much as I'm not too fond, this person will sound great on this song so we should put them through". But we always try to strike a compromise with things like "Fine. She can go through if I can put this person in!" or stuff like that. It's never one judge's biased decision.

I think it would definitely do good to post judging "criteria" on every audition post for everyone to see. And make it CLEAR that it's an audition - turn in your best or don't expect anything.

Honestly, I sound awful, but really I appreciate your topic, QrMomoka! Because otherwise we'd never know this stuff for sure, and we couldn't discuss or come to any conclusions, and I wouldn't get an excuse to rant 8D.

Lastly.

WRY SO SRS GAIZ.
It's just a freaking ONLINE CHORUS. You're not going to get famous, nothing's going to happen if you don't get in, and isn't it the whole "YTC Experience" that's the real deal? The friends you make, the silliness that goes down in the spam forums, the families, even the skype chats that go down outside main YTC....like, isn't that the REAL reason you keep coming everyday? So what if you don't make a chorus? There are plenty of those run by members themselves that you can participate in, and that don't require auditions, and honestly, have a wider variety of songs to choose from rather than the stereotypical stuff that official choruses keep doing (noooo offence guys, but you need to stop voting for the boring stuff D8<!! If it were up to me Montblanc would so not be on the future chorus list!). SO STOP STRESSING OUT SO MUCH. This is something both me and Noki were talking about when this post came up, and we honestly cannot understand what the big deal is ;_;
Ciel
Ciel
Retired Staff

My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1

http://flavors.me/justciel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fruutella Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:08 am

Ciel wrote:

WRY SO SRS GAIZ.
It's just a freaking ONLINE CHORUS. You're not going to get famous, nothing's going to happen if you don't get in, and isn't it the whole "YTC Experience" that's the real deal? The friends you make, the silliness that goes down in the spam forums, the families, even the skype chats that go down outside main YTC....like, isn't that the REAL reason you keep coming everyday? So what if you don't make a chorus? There are plenty of those run by members themselves that you can participate in, and that don't require auditions, and honestly, have a wider variety of songs to choose from rather than the stereotypical stuff that official choruses keep doing (noooo offence guys, but you need to stop voting for the boring stuff D8<!! If it were up to me Montblanc would so not be on the future chorus list!). SO STOP STRESSING OUT SO MUCH. This is something both me and Noki were talking about when this post came up, and we honestly cannot understand what the big deal is ;_;

Haha I have to agree with Ciel :3 This is all for fun after all, but a lot of us take it very serious..(I did too when this post was up...just want people to post here!!!)
It's just that, this is supposed to be fun you know... and I think the real "YTC Experience" isn't just getting in choruses.

So think about what you got through YTC, that's the meaning off the "YTC Experience" for me. :>
Fruutella
Fruutella
Chorus Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Aelve Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:10 am

It may sound weird, but I kinda enjoyed reading these two pages orz; And yea, even though mods are just replying nicely or such, they may sound harsh. I think that's way no one stood up. Also, IMO some people may think "I want to complain but I don't want mods to go all over me and to hate me, so I'd rather stay in good terms with everyone and shut the crap up".
To be honest, I don't have anything to complain about but it's still kinda scary to talk to the mods...I really feel like bothering for nothing xD; but I'd still like to stand up and second some ideas that were mentionned.

I really didn't know how judging system worked, so I guess lots of other people don't neither. As momoka said, I suggest to write it somewhere, it's interesting to know how it works. People may be more careful about some stuff in their audition that way.

"I think it would definitely do good to post judging "criteria" on every audition post for everyone to see. And make it CLEAR that it's an audition - turn in your best or don't expect anything."

I second that. i think it'll be a good idea to write things to watch for each audition (ex : for JBF I guess it was about emotion, for Gekokujou singing with a dynamic voice... For Campanella, timing?) and criterias.

I do agree with Ciel.... I mean, YTC's been expanding lately but... well, it's just a place for people to have fun, chat and sing around. No big deal. I mean, i've been a member but still never auditioned. Plus, YouTubeChorus does NOT represent YOUTUBE. Like... A NND chorus doesn't represent Niconico. They're all independant choruses, made by different people. So if you didn't get in for an audition, just get over it D: I've heard pretty much people complaining about that and saying that they're so fail etc.

Ah, and Momoka's post reminded me of it, though I had forgotten about that. When Shiningray's auditions were open, I wanted to draw a fanart for the chorus. In fact, I did but I finished it about 10 days after the final deadline. I still sent it to Rin & YTC by PM, in case it would be accepted, or at least for her to have a look since I put a lot of effort in drawing it. I didn't get any reply, so I just concluded it wasn't accepted. Since not having my drawing in the chorus is no big deal, I didn't try to PM it to another mod.
But...maybe it wasn't about the deadline, maybe she's just too busy to reply PMs or read them, so I'd like to have a list of.."who you can PM to & who's to busy" on the forum board, as suggested. So that I know next time who to write to.

I found this topic really interesting to read...I learnt lots about how YTC works xD; So yea, I'd pretty much like to thank the people who posted here and cleared up stuff.

Also...maybe people who complained are just members who posted only once on the forum, to send their audition? Therefore they wouldn't have spoken up in the complaints thread.
Aelve
Aelve
Talkative

Singing Alias : 夢茶 Posts : 338
Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration

http://www.aelve.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fruutella Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:16 am

Aelve wrote:I really didn't know how judging system worked, so I guess lots of other people don't neither. As momoka said, I suggest to write it somewhere, it's interesting to know how it works. People may be more careful about some stuff in their audition that way.

This is exactly what we are writing right now, it will be the newer version of the 'judging time' thread in rules and regulations.Expect this to be up in 1-2 days (since we updated 2 of the threads there already last night)
Fruutella
Fruutella
Chorus Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by krannda Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:29 am

Ciel stole the thoughts from my head. I wholeheartedly agree with her.

I think members should ask questions before making any conclusions to how things work. Also, YTChorus has practically done what other choruses haven't done: bring people together. With these forums, have you noticed how easily a person can get subscribers by just introducing themselves and making friends?

Back when the forums weren't here, it took a hella long time to get subscribers and it wasn't as fun. With the forums, you get more people actually commenting on your videos without fear because they know their friends are also probably commenting as well. Well, based on what I've seen. =\
krannda
krannda
I'm still alive?

Singing Alias : kran Posts : 1244

My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

https://www.youtube.com/user/fxsynth

Back to top Go down

Post by YTChorus Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:07 pm

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY thank ALL of you for clearing things up !

As for not replying the Pm's.
I apologize for it but I'll start making the "unavailable" & "available" board to let members PM the mods.
My grades dropped dramatically, got scolded by parents... yea it seems like a small problem to you but i have to deal with a lot of family problems in real life that made me suffer a lot.
Not to mention that there's a WHOLE bunch of people PM-ing some trash =A=....

Sorry to be rude OTL
I've been keeping all these stress to myself for a longgggggg time D=

I agree with Ciel, Fruu, Kran and Noki about the judging system
and yes. WE WILL post the criteria's and bla bla bla the next time.

I dont wanna type too much here since the mods had replied them all.
But really, thanks for posting this momoka xD

I might have to give YTChorus a 2 months break from holding auditions.
I'll get everything announced after I discuss EVERYThing with the mods OTL
the choruses are just piling up =A+
I needa take a break OTL .........

LostSoul
YTChorus
YTChorus
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/YTChorus

Back to top Go down

Post by RinSakura Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:56 pm

kran117 wrote:Ciel stole the thoughts from my head. I wholeheartedly agree with her.

I think members should ask questions before making any conclusions to how things work. Also, YTChorus has practically done what other choruses haven't done: bring people together. With these forums, have you noticed how easily a person can get subscribers by just introducing themselves and making friends?

Back when the forums weren't here, it took a hella long time to get subscribers and it wasn't as fun. With the forums, you get more people actually commenting on your videos without fear because they know their friends are also probably commenting as well. Well, based on what I've seen. =\

And owh, I HAVE TO second this

I started YTChorus is just because I want to spread the love for singing.
And the joy for it.
Dont you realize something?
That instumentalists and vocalists ESPECIALLY MALE VOCALISTS are increasing recently?
My intention is to inspire people who are hidden out there like what Nico Choruses inspired me to do.
and also....having fun =D
I love seeing everyone spamming -censored ..- *coughs*
I'm sorry XD
I shall continue... =D

I was shocked when I clicked one of the audition videos of an unknown person without any other covers in YT .. knowing that. SHE/HE COULD SING WELL.
for example Mong here XD
She's one it XD

I feel bad that some of the people didnt get the chance to enter the choruses. But thats another thing, to let them work harder to get into one.
Besides that , we have massive choruses like sakura no ame to join.
No one will get left out. Unless they are lazy =A=

its not like we're keeping everything for our own fame
we wanna make this something fun xD

and yesh. YTC is just a singing group having FUN WHEEEEEEEEEE =D
-ish trying to chase away the stress OTL-

i should stop typing OTL i needa sleep OTL
RinSakura
RinSakura
Talkative

Singing Alias : Rin || 琳 || ● Posts : 468

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/RinSakuraRin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:47 pm

awww I feel the lurved Rinny //bites chu o3o~

anyhu, I also think that this what brought YTC to success =D!
by just simply having fun and going with the flow is the key =3
Rei
Rei
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : れいれい Posts : 1669

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

http://reili.blog127.fc2.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChiruKashu Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:18 am

We are working hard on revising the rules and such! And making FAQ and trying to explain the judging system!

Thanks to the suggestions you guys made we will make everything more clear! :3

And Rin.. you need to rest~! You can count on us ;w; !!
ChiruKashu
ChiruKashu
Chorus Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Puppet Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:26 pm

Um, about the feedback, can the auditioners like ask for a feedback when they post in their auditions? On the grounds that we won't complain about the judges decision, because alot of singers actually would like constructive criticism so that they can improve for the next audition.
Puppet
Puppet
Talkative

Singing Alias : Puppet Posts : 478

http://www.stringstomypuppet.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by QrMOMOKA Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:14 pm

I think writing a "useful" feedback will take too long for the mods.
It usually takes me about half an hour to write one (English is not my first language, but still..)
Even if there're only 1/4 of auditioners asking for critics, the mods would have to spend a few hours in total.
Maybe we can add another Criticism Thread somewhere in the forum instead?
I know there's a Criticism post, but it got pretty messy when several members posted critics request the same time...
QrMOMOKA
QrMOMOKA
Motor Mouth

Sakura No Ame Chorus

https://www.youtube.com/user/QrMOMOKA

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumbancha Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:21 pm

OMG, I really love that idea of criticism of Auditions between the members, I agree, it would save all the mods the work of having to give feedback to anyone who requests it, We could make rules for it like for example, for everyone who posts an audition they want feedback they'd have to give feeback to someone else's audition, I think it could work very well, Nice idea
Kumbancha
Kumbancha
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kumba Posts : 1151

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciel Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:37 pm

We're in the midst of some major revamping now based on suggestions collected from everyone, thanks a bunch!

As for critiques, I think that would be good. Maybe someone can start a more organised one, and make sure that if you're posting something, you critique whoever else is there who hasn't received anything? That way everyone will get some feedback Smile
Ciel
Ciel
Retired Staff

My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1

http://flavors.me/justciel

Back to top Go down

Post by AKATOMO Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:52 pm

Ooh ooh! What about a critique group? Like how theres judges? =P and about the audition deadline timezone thingy, didnt they say Noki closes it a day after? So no matter where u liv u shud b fine as long as u post it ON THE DAY? And a solution to the ppl who say shud b in the chorus they auditioned for: Tell them to post it up on Youtube themselves LOL XD. So yes i dont think thers anything wrong with how Ytc works right now XD. And after reading this forum i see all the mods and admins in an even brighter light XD thank you for your hard work~

Me scared? Typing all this? No way~ hahahaha....
*shaking*
AKATOMO
AKATOMO
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : アカトモ Posts : 98

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/UTAUTOMO

Back to top Go down

Post by YTChorus Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:02 pm

Lol Akatomo D:
Dont be scared ;A:
We're all humans XD
*coughs*
YTChorus
YTChorus
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/YTChorus

Back to top Go down

Post by mong Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:11 pm

The problem with a separate critique group is that it's still around 4-5 people having to do a loot of feedback. Maybe a 1-2 sentence reply on each person or something XD

I saw this on another forum, but ti seems like a good idea so XD Maybe we could do one of those 'Critique the person above you' threads? That way, you wouldn't have 5 people posting all of their dubs and no one doing the critique... i have no idea. XD
mong
mong
Chorus Staff

Banner Decorator * 1 Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

Back to top Go down

Post by krannda Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:42 pm

Kumbancha wrote:OMG, I really love that idea of criticism of Auditions between the members, I agree, it would save all the mods the work of having to give feedback to anyone who requests it, We could make rules for it like for example, for everyone who posts an audition they want feedback they'd have to give feeback to someone else's audition, I think it could work very well, Nice idea

I suggest you just ask one of the mods personally. xDD;;
krannda
krannda
I'm still alive?

Back to top Go down

Post by ChiruKashu Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:06 am

Kumbancha wrote:OMG, I really love that idea of criticism of Auditions between the members, I agree, it would save all the mods the work of having to give feedback to anyone who requests it, We could make rules for it like for example, for everyone who posts an audition they want feedback they'd have to give feeback to someone else's audition, I think it could work very well, Nice idea

Hmmm, i dont know what use this would have D: (or i just dont get it because i'm dumb;w;)
So, you're suggesting members of the forum give feedback on auditions? Hm.. it's a good idea, because you could help eachother, but I also think it will get really, REALLY messy, lol
because people will spam auditions, or covers, to promote themselves, and all the advice and feedback will be all scrambled through a lot of pages !! Hmmm.. idk how that would work atall ;w;

And please correct me if i'm wrong!! :3
ChiruKashu
ChiruKashu
Chorus Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumbancha Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:44 am

Yeah, it's pretty much that, We already have a thread like that but it ended up exactly like you described. For this one we would have rules to avoid the spam of covers and stuff, like it will be used strictly for auditions and no one would be allowed to post their own audition until they have given feedback to the person who posted above, or if you didn't audition but still wanna give feeback it would be ok too.
Kumbancha
Kumbancha
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kumba Posts : 1151

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by krannda Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:33 pm

Haha, I've actually seen that thread and I've actually had a hard time figuring out how all this could be organized. Hmmmm... let me try something out.
krannda
krannda
I'm still alive?

Back to top Go down

Post by krannda Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:37 pm

krannda
krannda
I'm still alive?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbringerz Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:57 pm

Just a suggestion, but could a new subforum be created for criticism?

Like each person who would like to get their videos criticized post a new thread for each video in that subforum (or lump together several videos if they wish to post a few at the same time, else the forum would be spammed). The discussion in the thread would be only for the video posted in the first reply of the thread only.

Surely the number of thread in that subforum would skyrocket, but it would probably be more organized, and the discussion would be out in open for the forum lurkers to benefit from reading those criticism.
Dawnbringerz
Dawnbringerz

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus

https://www.youtube.com/user/dawnbringerz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next