Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

My Voice?

4 posters

Go down

My Voice? Empty My Voice?

Post by Takumi Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:15 am

I haven't recorded a decent cover in a while.
Throughout the entire spring, I had allergies which I don't ever get.
Now that they seem gone now...
I tried recording Joking Speaker. The high notes were rather uncomfortable and seemed to strain my voice even though they weren't even high so I gave it a rest. That was a few weeks ago.

Now I'm trying to sing different songs and nothing sounds right anymore.
I feel like my voice became weaker and has less power and control.
I can't hit notes right, I practically sound like I'm dying.

I know I used to be able to sing some of these simple songs okay, but now nothing sounds right.
Like, the feeling I usually get when I sing in my body, is... not there anymore...
Now I seem to be struggling on the simplest of notes which aren't even that high or low that I used to be able to do just fine.

Yes, um. Sorry if I just repeated myself twice in a different way.

I don't understand why.
My voice is pretty high and I suddenly found myself having to pitch everything now.
Looking back two years ago, I can't even sing Nisoku Hokou and normal pitch anymore.
But my voice is cracking at all.

It's as if I overused it... or as if I just haven't used it for so long (despite my allergy covers).
I just started noticing this change when I tried to doing another serious cover (Joking Speaker) and not being able to hit notes I always used to. I'd hit the chorus and after a few failed attempts, my voice would completely die for the day.

I don't know anymore. If anyone could help me with this or has a guess, that's be really appreciated. I don't want to start assuming my singing ability is deteriorating.

And to add to it, I feel really exhausted for some reason even though I only tried once more a 10 minutes ago which seems strange... if that helps at all if not a coincidence.
Takumi
Takumi
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Taʞumi Posts : 308

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Words

https://www.youtube.com/user/TakumiEscape

Back to top Go down

My Voice? Empty Re: My Voice?

Post by Hikari Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:15 pm

I'm not an expert or anything, but please don't try and reach notes that you can't reach currently. Singing excercises will help develop your voice overtime. Straining your voice won't help, and straining your voice might be the reason why you're feeling exhausted. Before I used to try and sing high notes and my voice used to die for a few hours or even days, and I also used to feel exhausted after singing a song like, only once. It was so annoyinyinyinhingiogsadfuadsi. And then I used to force myself and stress my voice even more, causing my voice to become worse. It best to just give your voice a little rest if it's dying.
If you lose your voice, don't talk, not even whisper, because it can affect your... uh I forgot what it was called.. voice box? Nununu, it was summat else that was helpful in singing. LOL, I remember these from a singing coach video. The videos he did was really helpful! It focused on not putting too much stress on your voice, so you could reach notes easier.
Maybe because you haven't been singing for quite a while, you've kinda like... forgot how to sing? Not that, but. Arrghh, I can't explain. I'm so stupid. /shot
Something like the way how you sing, because I think that everyone develops their own way to sing, like you develop a way that you find easiest to sing. Like. Uuuh, I flail. "orz
Whatever you do, DOOOOON'T STRESS YOUR VOICE! Or it will die and singing will be incredibly hard. You don't want to lose your voice too often.

You're singing is amazing, AMAZZZZZZZING. No seriouslyyy. I really respect you, and I hope you get singing back soon! Happiness

LOL OMFG. I'm fail at singing and I'm giving a proffesional advice, /shotshot >.<"
Hikari
Hikari
Keyboard Smasher

Singing Alias : ❄ヒカリ Posts : 1958

Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4)

https://www.youtube.com/c/hikariboo

Back to top Go down

Post by Takumi Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:32 pm

Thanks. I guess I'll give it a rest. orz
Takumi
Takumi
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by FSH Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:16 pm

Takie, I'll help you out with your voice on Skype. =)
FSH
FSH
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : 魚二三 Posts : 1356

Post Spammer Winner

https://www.youtube.com/user/FScarlettHenry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemi Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:41 am

you probably shouldn't have sang while you had allergies, it makes your voice thingy strain, and if you feel phlegm in your throat, that was a sign to stop singing for that time, and rest, because when there's phlegm in your throat, thats your body trying to stop damage to your throat/vocal chords.
Kemi
Kemi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kemi Posts : 945

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Takumi Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:27 am

Kemi wrote:you probably shouldn't have sang while you had allergies, it makes your voice thingy strain, and if you feel phlegm in your throat, that was a sign to stop singing for that time, and rest, because when there's phlegm in your throat, thats your body trying to stop damage to your throat/vocal chords.

Thanks Kemi. I was told something similar earlier today.
I guess I'll give my voice a rest for a while if that helps or does anything to help.
Takumi
Takumi
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemi Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:43 pm

sure no problem, just trying to help a friend out. ouo)b
Kemi
Kemi