Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Wed May 01, 2024 5:28 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

Did anybody here already receive complains from neighbors (because of recording)?

+48
MARIKmontclaire
aozora_midori
lavitt
Lunarous
Kishou
IceQueen975
LemonP
aiko9099
Mini
anichan95
kiki
SweetHolly
Shion
Dympchan
Nishina
punpun
Aniki
HanyouGirl
Chibi-Chan
Hikki-chan
Piri
ume
Suvi
dayaftereffect
Hana_Mahone_Se-Mi_WolFox
akano07
Zak
rokan
SummerMirages
Henshin Pen Lemon
TetsukiMizu
Rawrzyr
SubarashiiOngaku
kurowoof
Ruru
Imagase
Momichi
Kemi
Hokaru
Una
MichiChan
apol
Summer
Kumbancha
KuroKoe
SakuyaFM
Penny
KentaMidorin
52 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Did anybody here already receive complains from neighbors (because of recording)? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did anybody here already receive complains from neighbors (because of recording)?

Post by SweetHolly Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:35 pm

Ruru wrote:LOL this is the story of my life. Well actually, I haven't had any complaints-- yet-- but whenever I hear a rustling noise outside, I immediately shut up and wait for it to be quiet again. I also run around the house closing any window I find, haha. xD My house's walls are thin and I can hear when people are talking (at a normal volume!) outside so I KNOW my neighbors have heard me at least once.

On a side note, who would ever complain about Clear's singing? I'd probably put my ear against the wall and listen to him practice. xD;;
Yes, totally. I do that too. I'm singing in the middle of the night (no kidding, around 11) and my grandmother upstairs goes to the hall to use the restroom, and I'm like -shuts music and goes back to doing hw-. As soon as I hear her door close again, I forget allll abt hw and go back to singing xD
SweetHolly
SweetHolly
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : ゆみ (Yumi) Posts : 81

My YTC Story

http://amedameichigo.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Did anybody here already receive complains from neighbors (because of recording)? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did anybody here already receive complains from neighbors (because of recording)?

Post by SweetHolly Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:42 pm

Aniki wrote:I'm not sure if people here me. 'Cos I don't hear people on the other side o3o;

Then again, I'm sure my neighbours don't care, 'cos ah, I've played piano at 3 am before. /weirdo

Besides, they're more likely to hear my sister sing. I'm not a very loud singer, but my sister sings/dances in the shower and my friends in call can always hear her. LOL (but the bathroom is right next to my room)

LOL I've played piano around 2 before xD. Two weeks later, my mother struck up a conversation with my neighbor's father...... Yeah... he said that every time I shower (which is right before i go to sleep, in other words around one in the morning) he feels like someone poured water ovr him, and he cant go back to sleep. And every time I practiced piano, he gets the chills because he thinks some ghost is playing it....
SweetHolly
SweetHolly
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : ゆみ (Yumi) Posts : 81

My YTC Story

http://amedameichigo.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:59 pm

@yumi
you shouldn't double post please xD;;

As for complaints, I don't think I had any so far 8D
The neighbor's baby cries louder than I sing so if they ever try to complain, I can always fight them back 8D *SHOT*
I don't think my parents mind though but I hate it when my dad goes barging, takes my mic and says things like "OH I CAN SING TOO! 8DDD -starts singing-"
kiki
kiki
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : kiki/キキ Posts : 1697

Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/kikipancakes

Back to top Go down

Post by anichan95 Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:11 pm

Guest wrote:affirmative
link sent through PM

Spoiler:
anichan95
anichan95
Talkative

Singing Alias : Ani Posts : 453

Ai Kotoba II Chorus

http://yuukikiome95.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mini Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:47 am

I've gotten some complaints regarding volume. Mostly when I sing with my shota voice since I kind of have to yell to get to the high notes in that range (although I've yet to post very many videos with said voice).

In the summer, since it was so hot, I'd record in the living room with the windows open. Well, the neighbors across the street could hear and they'd occasionally yell "Close the windows if you're going to sing that loudly".
The only time my family complains is when I record after midnight cause, again, I sing quite loudly even though it comes across as gentle in the finalized version.
Other than that ... not many other complaints. My voice tends to blend in with the original singer so people don't usually notice my voice until I get extremely loud >o<;
Mini
Mini
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : mini Posts : 179

https://www.youtube.com/hanhpham

Back to top Go down

Post by aiko9099 Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:12 am

i think my neighbors can hear me Shocked gaaah why do i have to be here beside the window? haha
My mom is so noisy she always talk and i tell her to be quiet when i'm singing but anyway she is very supportive XD
aiko9099
aiko9099
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : あい Posts : 70

http://chinkyaiko.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LemonP Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:27 pm

oh yeah.. it's really troublesome Sad
singing in a day is just hard because there will be somebody in your house hearing your voice. in a night is even harder, you can't sing too loud
LemonP
LemonP
Motor Mouth

https://www.youtube.com/user/lemonpurify

Back to top Go down

Post by IceQueen975 Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:53 pm

Uhhh... from one of my suitemates (I think she's really uppity sometimes though. XD) and my brother. I try to practice when no one's there. It's funny cause when my friends are with me, they're like "So what song are you practicing now?!" and they listen and critique. XD
IceQueen975
IceQueen975
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Icy, Flair Posts : 198

https://www.youtube.com/user/IceQueen975?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Kishou Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:19 pm

So uh, my sister left the front door open and I was practising World is Mine (especially the scream ._____.)...
So yeah, my neighbours looked at me really weird for a pretty long time. ) :
Kishou
Kishou
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : キショウ Posts : 227

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunarous Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:42 pm

I'm paranoid of that too. But they only complain about my pets who hardly bark~
Lunarous
Lunarous
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Mitsu Inari Posts : 98

My YTC Story

http://vocaloided.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lavitt Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:59 pm

My sis gets annoyed, and i get paranoid if my neighbors will hear me. I live in a apartment building and I can hear my neighbors talking occasionally......

That why I record outside, where there's no one to complain~
lavitt
lavitt
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : 面人 Posts : 64
Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration

Back to top Go down

Post by aozora_midori Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:39 am

i think i did. or more like compliment? XD; well, i once sing with my windows open. the other day my mom went to my neighbor's house which is like 20m away from my house and when she got back she said 'did you sing? the neighbor heard it from their house and they thought it was nice' (they thought it was nice! XD;; that was weird.)

my family don't even bother if i sing, and the comp is at the living room which i can see everyone's door at the place i'm sitting now. =w= they could come out any second seeing me singing. =w=; yes, no privacy. ;w; (i only record when everyone is not home)
aozora_midori
aozora_midori

Singing Alias : Ami Posts : 28

https://www.youtube.com/user/amidessuu

Back to top Go down

Post by MARIKmontclaire Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:33 am

I live in a duplex with a thin separating wall... But I try to schedule recording when no one's around.

Though, even if they did complain, they're loud themselves, so they've no room to talk (I LIKE TO SLEEP AT AT NIGHT, UNLIKE THEM APPARENTLY).
MARIKmontclaire
MARIKmontclaire

Singing Alias : Marik Posts : 25

https://www.youtube.com/user/MARIKmontclaire

Back to top Go down

Post by animezirow Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:07 pm

Well, my sister absolutely hates my singing. But nope, no complaints from other people. It's mostly cause I live in the suburbs of Idaho~ Lots of space between each house (in comparison to your 1 ft. >__< )
animezirow
animezirow
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Sherry/anz*w Posts : 58
My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1

https://www.youtube.com/user/animezirow

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:23 pm

8D; I have a weird story.

I live in a townhouse complex but always sing with my windows and doors closed, I stuff tissue in places to keep from sound leaking out too much, Sometimes I sing under a heap of covers...basically anything I can to keep from annoying my neighbours. >3>

A few days ago I stopped singing to find that my neighbour's kid (like 1...2 years old?) was crying his lungs out. 8D; I freaked out cause I thought my singing woke him up or something.

Ten minutes later my neighbour came knocking on my door asking for me to sing again because the kid goes to sleep when I do. lol.

..........weird stories are weird.

But anyway I remain paranoid that the neighbours on the other side of me will get angry now.
Saint
Saint
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : [紅茶] Saint Posts : 50

https://www.youtube.com/InuYan

Back to top Go down

Post by rayen Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:01 am

^ i like your weird story very much
rayen
rayen

Singing Alias : ラ¥ Posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by NipahDUBS Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:21 am

I do screamo Vocarock songs....so...

Neighbor knocks on door...

"We are concerned that you may be harming a cat or some type of animal..."

me: "I dont have a pet o 3 o"

"Well...whatever your doing...please keep it down."

me a minute later

IUGBADUIAFBIUKAHBDUHKCORRUPTIONGARDENUIHOLUJAHBUJBLOVEISWARRAWRRRRR!

=3=)b
NipahDUBS
NipahDUBS
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Nya Nya! Posts : 301

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/nipahdubs

Back to top Go down

Post by rayen Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:28 am

Usually, when I record, it's my first time to learn the notes properly. So recording while learning can be disastrous to the ears of my neighbors. It's like learning a new piece in violin, not so pleasing to the ears of others.
When I go outside my room, I don't look at my neighbors. I don't even make friends with other people near my room. HAHAH, but since I stop recording these days, I'm friendlier now.
(Wait, I even practiced violin 3 in the morning, I just hope they didn't hear it.)
rayen
rayen

Singing Alias : ラ¥ Posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3