Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Wed May 01, 2024 5:28 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

Did anybody here already receive complains from neighbors (because of recording)?

+48
MARIKmontclaire
aozora_midori
lavitt
Lunarous
Kishou
IceQueen975
LemonP
aiko9099
Mini
anichan95
kiki
SweetHolly
Shion
Dympchan
Nishina
punpun
Aniki
HanyouGirl
Chibi-Chan
Hikki-chan
Piri
ume
Suvi
dayaftereffect
Hana_Mahone_Se-Mi_WolFox
akano07
Zak
rokan
SummerMirages
Henshin Pen Lemon
TetsukiMizu
Rawrzyr
SubarashiiOngaku
kurowoof
Ruru
Imagase
Momichi
Kemi
Hokaru
Una
MichiChan
apol
Summer
Kumbancha
KuroKoe
SakuyaFM
Penny
KentaMidorin
52 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Did anybody here already receive complains from neighbors (because of recording)? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did anybody here already receive complains from neighbors (because of recording)?

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:39 pm

Agreed. I want a little soundproof box me and my lappy can hide in to sing. TT^TT

Back to top Go down

Did anybody here already receive complains from neighbors (because of recording)? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did anybody here already receive complains from neighbors (because of recording)?

Post by Rawrzyr Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:12 am

i would kill to get something like that...
Rawrzyr
Rawrzyr
Talkative

Singing Alias : Rawrx / リュータ Posts : 523

https://www.youtube.com/user/Rawrzyxor

Back to top Go down

Post by TetsukiMizu Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:51 am

HAHA! I'm waiting for the day when they do come up to my door and tell me to shut up. xD

But ever since I started sing loudly at home for the purpose of recording, my neighbors have been singing just as loud o3o
TetsukiMizu
TetsukiMizu
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Tetsuki Posts : 300

Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1

http://www.pandacandycolors.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Henshin Pen Lemon Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:40 am

I don't have to record anything to get complaints, I just have to talk on Skype a tad too loud to get my bro and mom on me. (it doesn't help that I do that at night, either. Timezone fail...)

To make things even worse I think I'll have to stop covering songs because my brother's girlfriend (bro is 26 and lives at home, girlfriend is 18 and also lives here, so that is a bit unnerving to me) had just had her ex's child recently and will be raising it. I myself cannot move since I help pay rent (yet he doesn't)... and since the prospect of living with a newborn doesn't make me happy... you get the idea.

And I can't just ignore my brother, since he's threatened many a time to break my laptop if I tick him off enough and I know he can... so I know my days at YTC are numbered now. *sigh*
Henshin Pen Lemon
Henshin Pen Lemon
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by SummerMirages Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:32 am

Complaints from neighbors?? Nope XD

Complaints from an older brother who's room is right next door to me? Well, not really. Happy
...Except when I start to scream and/or sing a tad bit too loud....especially screaming. ^_^;
SummerMirages
SummerMirages
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Mira Posts : 732

Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/SummerMirages

Back to top Go down

Post by rokan Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:19 am

haha
reading everyone's experience is really amusing!!!!

I'm the same as everyone I think~ I didn't get any complaints from neighbours but I'm sure they hear me (especially at the dorms~ coz you can hear each other just talking;;; ) I bet they think I'm a weirdo singing so much junk orz (coz no one knows Japanese lol)

as for family...
I never record when someone is at home;;;
I feel bad for singing Japanese coz my parents will make fun of me;; why singing a Language you don't (really) know orz XD
especially why I always pretend to sing like a boy orz
(gave them to listen it once - then never again /embarrassment orz)
rokan
rokan
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : roka 【ロカ】 Posts : 146

https://www.youtube.com/user/yoiina

Back to top Go down

Post by Zak Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:27 am

Nope. Not yet. From my sister though yes :3
Zak
Zak
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Zak Posts : 293

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Go?? Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:22 pm

Not from neighbours, though I'm often recording at night and sometimes it's VERY loud. (e.g. scream in Love is War, or when I want to practice screamo)
My parents also don't complain about it. I only hate when they are coming into my room when I'm practicing/recording.

And I don't like singing loudly/recording some parts for my fandubbing group (I'm a fan voice actor) with parents in my house.

And I don't have any sisters/brothers. Happy

The only thing I'm sure that my neighbours can hear me sing. Oh well.

Go??

Back to top Go down

Post by akano07 Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:05 pm

Hmmm.. no.. I'm the one who complain because they're noisy when i record. lulz.. but seriously, I haven't experienced that yet. : D

I can sing when dad and mom is around. *_* Dad listen to jpop/kpop too. hoho XD my sister also loves vocaloid songs. : )

akano07
akano07
Talkative

Singing Alias : akano Posts : 348

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:55 am

akano07 wrote:Hmmm.. no.. I'm the one who complain because they're noisy when i record. lulz.. but seriously, I haven't experienced that yet. : D
Ahahaha, same here.

I usually get mad at people when they get noisy. People who are usually around at daytime at home are maids and/or construction workers (ugh a year and we're still doing modifications on the house...). My grandma's here too but she stays in her room and is definitely not noisy.

For workers, sometimes I tell them to pause on their job and continue later when I finish.

I don't think anyone will complain since I close the door (to avoid unwanted noise too, actually) and that my voice doesn't leak to other rooms. My room's not even close to the neighbors' place so there's no need to think about them.

@Naoko
YES. People coming into the room with their oh-so-friendly face starting to talk sooo loudly attempting to engage in a conversation with me in the middle of recording. Ugh. They're usually aunts who visit in my case, though, and it doesn't really happen too often.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hana_Mahone_Se-Mi_WolFox Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:28 am

I have luckily never had that problem, but hopefully I don't. My parents are extremely conservative and christian, so recording a moan append Utau would be awkward, as well as I have to find time to do VGcats dubs with my boyfriend due to the cussing at times. I think you now know why I am grateful for discovering and owning Vocaloid-I won't say the words, and my parents don't know Japanese! (I do use the Engloids though, I'm just too used to the Japanese phonetics)
Hana_Mahone_Se-Mi_WolFox
Hana_Mahone_Se-Mi_WolFox
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Reza Posts : 163

My YTC Story

http://shadow0bse-mi.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dayaftereffect Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:12 pm

Hahaha~ Never really a complaint. since my room's in the middle of the basement.

But during a recording for a welcome video to a website, where I had to explain the basics and such... > N>;; My mom walked in, and i didn't notice until I turned my head after recording. She had a O *O;; expression on, and then walked out. All awkward like.
Haha...

So since then, I try to record when none's there.

dayaftereffect

Back to top Go down

Post by Suvi Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:14 pm

I haven't gotten complaints from neighbours and I'm not sure if they hear me. I don't really care since they don't know me and I don't really know them. D:

My family members... Urrggg, my dad says my singing is screaming sometimes (Those times I try Fire flower, melt, rolling girl, meltdown, etc.) and my mom supports me entirely. My sister doesn't complain, but she thinks it's "alright".

Still waiting for that "STFU" doorbell ring.
Suvi
Suvi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Suvi Posts : 609

https://www.youtube.com/user/XzSuvi

Back to top Go down

Post by ume Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:44 am

I... just... got it.

Like a few minutes ago. While doing Cantarella.

-fail-

The lady was pretty nice about it, though. Expected a scowl but was greeted by a reeeally amused smile instead.

I've never had problems before until now, even though the corridor is just outside my room... I try not to record when my family members are home though, I'm afraid they'll make fun of me, because they WILL make fun of me.

Except my sister, maybe. Though she gives me weird looks when I come out of the room trying to look like I wasn't doing anything personal...
ume
ume
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : ume Posts : 309

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Piri Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:37 pm

I was singing in midnight.. Don't say lazy. The next morning the neighbors asked who was singing.. My mom said it was me O///A///O embarrassing orz

And they're the only neighbor I know.
Piri
Piri
Keyboard Smasher

Singing Alias : Piri Posts : 2248

Post Spammer Winner

https://www.youtube.com/user/domouob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:54 pm

@Shock: o-o Did they comment? If they like it, good for you xD Then you can sing more.

My mom...just found out a few days ago that I've been running off to a rooftop to sing. orz

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikki-chan Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:11 am

OMG LOL. Your stories are really amusing. > w <
Especially the one where a cop showed up. lmfaoooo

I only record when my parents leave the house because I CANNOT sing with them around. I'm too shy. Except when in skype chats where I karaoke with friends, then I sing loud but it's still shy singing. And they're just like: "WHY ARE YOU SINGING JAPANESE SONGS. YOU'RE CHINESE. YOU SHOULD AT LEAST BE SINGING SONGS IN YOUR MOTHER TONGUE. D:< "

But ahaaa, I'm sure my neighbours might hear because I sing with the window open sometimes. = w =;; But no complaints YAYY. : D
Hikki-chan
Hikki-chan
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Rina / ヒちゃん Posts : 294

Banner Design Winner Dec 2009 Banner Decorator * 1 My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi-Chan Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:07 am

My neighbors are all older and usually out of their houses around the time I record, but my parents complain since both of our computers are in the living room so thts where I need to record. My parents have stopped complaining as I've gotten better but my siblings hate my recording so much XD
Chibi-Chan
Chibi-Chan
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : ライリ Posts : 229

Back to top Go down

Post by HanyouGirl Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:27 am

Well I share a room so my sister gets angry at me everyday for singing loudly, I think my parents are just worried about me.
I don't think I'll get any complaints cause even though I'm near a window it's closed and I try to only record when no one is in (which is never)
And I'm fairly sure I'm next to the neighbours bathroom so if they come round and tell me stop singing I'll just tell them to stop flushing. XD
HanyouGirl
HanyouGirl
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : HanYo Posts : 1012

My YTC Story SMILING Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/xoxHanyouGirlxox?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Aniki Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:29 pm

I'm not sure if people here me. 'Cos I don't hear people on the other side o3o;

Then again, I'm sure my neighbours don't care, 'cos ah, I've played piano at 3 am before. /weirdo

Besides, they're more likely to hear my sister sing. I'm not a very loud singer, but my sister sings/dances in the shower and my friends in call can always hear her. LOL (but the bathroom is right next to my room)
Aniki
Aniki
Talkative

Singing Alias : 兄貴 Posts : 336

CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

Back to top Go down

Post by punpun Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:41 pm

I'm living alone and yes, my neighbor (and old lady living above me) complained one time. Not to me though, instead of ringing and asking if I could, dunno, maybe sing not so loud, no, she talked to my landlord about it who now probably thinks I'm a total weirdo. He talked to me then and said she had complained about me singing at nighttime which is not true, at least not loud enough for her to hear it Ha...ha...
So yeah, my neighbors did complain and it wasn't a funny experience.
punpun
punpun

Singing Alias : プンプン Posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishina Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:33 am

^ PUN KUN 8DD
ahhhh xD

my parents doesn't like me singing xD they say i sound like a retarded ghost
well , i bet they've forgotten bout that day *the day when they suddenly woke and heard me singing xD* LOL , i bet my neighbor heard me singing before *my okkusenmen xD *

and i bet my brother heard me before Confused
and i don't mind my maid listening to me singing xD she doesn't mind 8DD

SOMEDAY I'LL MOVE FAR AWAY WHERE NOBODY CAN HEAR ME B)
and i'll live there alone ! Happy
Nishina
Nishina
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : nishi*na Posts : 207

Blind Duets Participant

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrUaqTjVM2nm2wfLh6a3mXw

Back to top Go down

Post by Dympchan Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:39 am

So actually, we put our covers on the internet where everyone can hear it, but we don't want our parents or relatives hear it.

Dympchan
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Banner Decorator * 1 Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story Treasure Hunt Runner Ups

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:51 am

I think it's because of the anonymity.
And because we know the ones we know IRL won't make fun of us (because they don't know. LOL)

Ohh as for me, nobody dares to complain, I think.
I am the one who usually scold people around if they're too noisy ;O; (since I need silence when recording or the mic will pick up noise xD.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shion Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:16 pm

It's not a problem for me to sing when everyone is at home, I get used to it. They like don't dislike it so I can sing freely even if I know they hear me. I only want them to not open the door when I'm recording.

I never received any complains from my neighbours (their dog is more noisy than me so... they can't say anything).

Once I sang World is Mine, my mother entered in my room because she thought I was hurt and she worried about me... Ah, mum pink luv
Then, she didn't say anything about the noise.
Shion
Shion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next