Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Today at 5:28 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Yesterday at 2:29 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

[MONTHLY THEME] July: Twinkling Teams ~ Due July 31st!

+21
Slowbro
Shinra
raisssssu
Kyubey
Kumoshi
Vorg
aelfenlie
yuriques
Riyumi
YaPhoenix
Catalyst
sonic-nancy-fan
Aisuu aka RiEDe
Onion
Takumi
riceberry
Kagi
xXxLoneShadowxXx
Selpon
SkySailor
Aerlith
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[MONTHLY THEME] July: Twinkling Teams ~ Due July 31st! Empty [MONTHLY THEME] July: Twinkling Teams ~ Due July 31st!

Post by Aerlith Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:30 am

July is the month of Tanabata. Because of this, the theme for this month will be...

Twinkling Teams!

Tanabata is a holiday for lovers in Japan, and because the Milky Bridge represents the magpie bridge that connects the lovers on the 7th of July, that is where the "twinkling" part of the name comes from. Stars~. For this month, sing a duet with someone, do a self-duet of a duet song, or sing a song related to the sky/moon/stars! Have fun! 

Disclaimer: The admin occasionally comes up with completely ridiculous theme names because she loves to alliterate. This is one of those times. She also likes to make you all work for your badges!

Guidelines

• Your entry must be done in the month of July to be accepted.
  • Pick a song that is originally sung as a duet. You can either sing the song with another person or self-duet it. Another option is to pick a song and script it into a duet, then sing it with another person. Your last option (if you want to sing solo) is to pick a song related to the sky/moon/stars (and/or Tanabata) and work with that for your entry. Stars can be metaphorical or interpreted your own way (ex. celebrities, ha. ha. ha.).
  • Even though this is inspired by Tanabata, the duet does not need to be related to Tanabata or one sung between lovers.
  • Your piece of work does not need to be vocaloid-related.
  • If you are covering a song, it should be at least 1:30 minutes long. If the song you are covering is not that long and it is the full song, please let Aerlith know in advance.
  • If you wish to write translyrics, please write translyrics for the whole song. 
  • If you are doing art, please do at least half-body! A background is preferable, but if you can't do that, that is fine, too.
  • In one or two sentences, please explain how your entry fits the theme.

Not sure what to do?

Please post your entries in this thread. Use this nifty form below!

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Link to your entry:[/b] (If you have a portfolio, you can upload it to your portfolio (ex. in Share Your Work) and then LINK to the post with the entry.)
[b]Name of your entry:[/b] (Please put the title the way you are UPLOADING the song. ex. 「HYBRID」❉【Aerlith】
[b]Why it fits the theme:[/b]

Entries will only be accepted if you post them to the thread. Please do not post a video on your portfolio and expect us to just know that it is your entry for the monthly theme. You must also make a post about it in this thread linking to your entry.

We hope you enjoy this monthly theme! If you would like more information on how the monthly themes work, you can go here. If you are not sure whether or not your entry will fit, feel free to ask! Smile

Also, congratulations to Catalyst, Ice Elf, Kaisoumizu, Taifuu, Warsfeil, KaRei, and Kagi for earning the three-month participant badge! Remember that this is consecutive, so if you participate for one month, miss a month, then join another month, you will only have one month under your belt! Wink

Entries

Last edited by Aerlith on Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:12 am; edited 13 times in total
Aerlith
Aerlith
Forever messing with staff.

Singing Alias : Aerlith Posts : 1976
I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/xAerlith

Back to top Go down

[MONTHLY THEME] July: Twinkling Teams ~ Due July 31st! Empty Re: [MONTHLY THEME] July: Twinkling Teams ~ Due July 31st!

Post by SkySailor Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:20 pm

Name: Sky
Link to your entry: https://soundcloud.com/skysailor-3/wrinkle-sky-x-kurai
Name of your entry: Wrinkle 【Sky X Kurai】
Why it fits the theme: Because it's a duet n' stuff o.o I'm not very good at explaining things... I sorry T~T

this be Kurai's profile here Razz

Last edited by SkySailor on Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
SkySailor
SkySailor

Singing Alias : Sky Posts : 24

Back to top Go down

[MONTHLY THEME] July: Twinkling Teams ~ Due July 31st! Empty Re: [MONTHLY THEME] July: Twinkling Teams ~ Due July 31st!

Post by Aerlith Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:47 pm

Does Kurai have a YTC account so I can give him credit, too? Surprised
Aerlith
Aerlith

I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by SkySailor Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:16 pm

I don't think he does Sad
SkySailor
SkySailor

Singing Alias : Sky Posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:23 pm

Name: KaRei
Link to your entry: https://soundcloud.com/karei-1/painted-heart-zither-ver-self-duet
Name of your entry: Painted Heart (Zither ver) 畫心(古箏版) Self Duet
Why it fits the theme: It's a rather sad love song about a woman having to come to terms that the man she loves loves another instead.  Although the original song was sung by just one person, I made it a self duet for the purpose of this month's entry.

I'm also sorry if I butchered the mandarin >___<

Last edited by KaRei on Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:42 pm

Your link leads to SkySailor's link xD
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Selpon Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:35 am

tEMPTED TO JOIN AND SING HARANA BY PAROKYA NI EDGAR BECAUSE IT'S ABOUT LOVERS AND DOING HARANA TYPICALLY MEANS SINGING TO YOUR LOVER EVERY NIGHT AS A WAY TO ASK THEM OUT
Selpon
Selpon
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : lovena Posts : 50

https://www.youtube.com/user/HellaKawaiiSelpon

Back to top Go down

Post by xXxLoneShadowxXx Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:04 am

Man, I love KaRei's entry.

I should start recording mine soon... Forget soon, I'm doing it now!
xXxLoneShadowxXx
xXxLoneShadowxXx

Singing Alias : Shadow Posts : 45

YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:28 am

Hmm... That sounds like it'd be a bit different from the Tanabata theme itself. Tanabata is the story of two lovers who are torn apart. If you can find a way to interpret the song that way, that would be fine then. But if it is about someone wanting to ask the person out... well, they are already together in the holiday, just not physically. xD; 

That or I'm just misinterpreting what you're saying. <<
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:02 am

Aerlith wrote:Your link leads to SkySailor's link xD

whoops, i'm sorry about that >___< 

and thank you, xXxLoneShadowxXx!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagi Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:38 pm

Name: カギ
Name and Link of your entry: 【カギ】アマツキツネ【歌ってみた】
Why it fits the theme: Well, I chose the cheap way out and did solo cover section, and the reason why it fits the theme of stars is because... the celestial fox, portrayed by Rin in the PV, eventually turns into a shooting star. I don't really know what else to say about it.
Kagi
Kagi
Twitter Mod
Twitter Mod

Singing Alias : カギ Posts : 440

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/Orob0rustic

Back to top Go down

Post by Vorg Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:13 pm

HOOORAAA THAT BADGE IS MINE MUEHUEHUEHUHE

Name: VORG and Kimoi
Name and Link of entry:[VORGxKimoi] Love-Distance Long Affair (Cover) 
Why it fits the theme: The song portrays the love of two people who are far away from each other just like how the stars are far away from us but as soon as we see them the feeling of happiness just burst out from nowhere!

Please do Enjoy our entry!
Vorg
Vorg
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : VORG Posts : 126

I'm on the spice rack! Monthly Theme Participant (1/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/Vorgasmicasm

Back to top Go down

Post by riceberry Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:56 am

I have a question regarding my song selection: would "breakable heart" by Lyn be valid? it's a song about a girl feeling frustrated and sad because everyone around her keeps telling her that her boyfriend was "no good" and that she should break up.

it's not a duet or really about lovers being torn apart, but i thought it connects with the fact that in the magpie story, the two lovers were in the first place separated because the sky king didn't approve of their relationship.

or is that interpretation too much of a stretch?
riceberry
riceberry

Singing Alias : Rice Posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:03 pm

Yes, that would be fine, since it carries a similar theme. c: I think the way you would argue it would be fine.
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Takumi Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:18 pm

Oooh. I definitely want to participate in this. <3
Takumi
Takumi
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Taʞumi Posts : 308

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Words

https://www.youtube.com/user/TakumiEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Onion Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:42 pm

Takumi wrote:Oooh. I definitely want to participate in this. <3
You're not dead. This calls for a celebration.
Onion
Onion
*~Sparkling Mixer~*

Singing Alias : Onion Posts : 4112

I'm on the spice rack! Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story Blind Duets Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/SeirenOnion

Back to top Go down

Post by Aisuu aka RiEDe Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:16 pm

Celestial lovers separated by the Milky Way?
Tanataba?
This sounds familiar..
I think this song suits just right for this month's theme, the lyrics are here if you're too lazy to listen to the song.
Aisuu aka RiEDe
Aisuu aka RiEDe
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Aisuu Posts : 772

Penny for your thoughts! Just my two cents. I'm on the spice rack! Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/IceElfPrincess

Back to top Go down

Post by xXxLoneShadowxXx Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:39 am

Name: Shadow
Link to your entry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BckXPwHGv9E
Name of your entry: Futariboshi 「フタリボシ」(Self-Duet)【Shadow】
Why it fits the theme: Because it's a duet an' stuffs. And I heard that this song was made for Tanibata, but it might be wrong. I considered "I see the light" but... I ended up choosing this one instead
xXxLoneShadowxXx
xXxLoneShadowxXx

Singing Alias : Shadow Posts : 45

YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic-nancy-fan Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:03 pm

Name: Joker (sonic-nancy-fan)
Link to your entry: https://ytchorus.forumotion.com/t5551p45-joker-s-trans-lyrics#271709
Name of your entry: 1/6 Out of the Gravity~Miku
Why it fits the theme: Though the song is not a duet, the song is using taking someone to the moon as a way to symbolically relieve someone of their sadness. Sadness is weighing the receiver of the song down like gravity and as Odo P said in an interview, "The gravity on the moon is one-sixth of that on the earth. If we could go to the moon, our body would become lighter. Then I thought her sorrow would become one-sixth of that she has."
....That was probably a way too in-depth description as to why this song fits the theme.XD
sonic-nancy-fan
sonic-nancy-fan
Administrator

Singing Alias : Joker Posts : 685

Penny for your thoughts! Ai Kotoba II Words Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

http://sonicnancyfan.blog.fc2.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:59 am

Name: Taifuu and Catalyst
Link to your entry: https://youtu.be/mVHA8F4tX7Q
Name of your entry: 【Catalyst】 Akatsuki Arrival \ アカツキアライヴァル【Taifuu】 
Why it fits the theme: It's a duet---also the other character dies in the song I think, and I think some people think that starts are like dead people or spirits or something yea----//slaps self

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:57 pm

Please link to Catalyst's username, too, since you are the one posting. Thaaaank you :D
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Catalyst Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:15 pm

Taifuu wrote:Name: Taifuu and Catalyst
Link to your entry: https://youtu.be/mVHA8F4tX7Q
Name of your entry: 【Catalyst】 Akatsuki Arrival \ アカツキアライヴァル【Taifuu】 
Why it fits the theme: It's a duet---also the other character dies in the song I think, and I think some people think that starts are like dead people or spirits or something yea----//slaps self

Here desu  (=^・ェ・^=)
Catalyst
Catalyst
Talkative

Singing Alias : Catalyst Posts : 374

SMILING Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/TentaikansokuP

Back to top Go down

[MONTHLY THEME] July: Twinkling Teams ~ Due July 31st! Empty Submission - Crescent Moon

Post by YaPhoenix Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:21 pm

Name: YaPhoenix
Link to your entry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVstG0v5IaQ
Name of your entry: 
上弦の月/Crescent Moon/Jougen no Tsuki [YaPhoenix]

Why it fits the theme: According the English translation I read "Crescent Moon", is about a man (played by Kaito) unable to fulfil his love's desire for someone in the aftermath of a war (i.e. the war in "Senbonzakura"). The crescent moon is a motif in the song and while it is not a star.... They're both in the sky and he's looking up at them both....... Right?
Sorry, I hope this is alright.
^_*

Last edited by YaPhoenix on Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Link changed)
YaPhoenix
YaPhoenix
Fresh off the Boat

Singing Alias : YaPhoenix Posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:27 pm

That's fine. C: I should change the entry option for solo to sky/stars/moon then. xD 

Also, I just realized I never answered your question, Ai-suu. Your song is fine!
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Riyumi Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:24 pm

Hoho. 16 days left to do a duet~ I missed the manly monthy theme since I was on vacation (plus I'm having it tweaked at the moment)--- but does anyone want to do 

Alluring Secret~Black Vow with me? Luka/Kaito's version? OvO
It's about an angel that fell in love with a "human"/same gender that helped her and bites into chaos' apple to turn into a human male. However, it turns out the "human" was actually a half devil. Thus, she too wants chao's apple to turn into one. Well...I'd take forever to explain so maybe I should link the PV ehehe. In the end, they are on a long journey to meet once more, connected by a vow (more or less like Orihime/Hikoboshi's longing to meet again--but due to certain circumstance can't) 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nm10kWHYecQ

Last edited by Riyumi on Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just added a tid but I forgot :> ; hope this song works ehehe)
Riyumi
Riyumi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Riyumi Posts : 680

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Blind Duets Judge Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

http://duckiii3.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next