Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:00 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:08 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] November: Together in Harmony~Due November 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:02 pm

ミ( D'buito Artes Academy)彡OOC/Discussion

+9
Nazoraeru
asheya
ikikurface
RuukiKaru
Aerlith
Nauliz
Spoon
SAE
Aeon
13 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

ミ( D'buito Artes Academy)彡OOC/Discussion Empty ミ( D'buito Artes Academy)彡OOC/Discussion

Post by Aeon Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:46 pm

ミ( D'buito Artes Academy)彡OOC/Discussion Castle10

D’buito Artes Academy

This topic is to be used for planning and discussion. It is not where the events of the RP take place. Here is the RP section.
。+゜*。✩。+゜*。 ✩。+゜ *。✩。+゜ *。✩。+゜* 。✩。+゜*。 ✩。+゜*。 ✩。+゜*

Setting: What is D’AA?
D'buito Artes Academy is a small boarding school where both paranormals and regular high schoolers study. Competition to get into the school is very high – Not only is it a well-known school, but students who manage to finish its program will have all of their tuition, room, and board fees paid for them! Education is held in high standards, but there is an emphasis on the arts, and it has been well known to have produced some of the leading stars of the era.
The main building itself, which looks like a grey stone castle with centuries of wear, and long ivy vines creeping up the walls, is set some distance away from civilization, a thick forest separating the institution from the nearest city. This is said to be done in order to force their students to learn to be more independent and more importantly, to keep them away from distractions. At first glance, all may seem peaceful within the grounds, but there is much inner conflict within the groups that the students have formed.
★ Who will join the top ranks and be offered a chance at stardom?
✖ How will the discrimination between humans and otherworldly beings be resolved?
♥ Will your love here be fulfilled, or is it all just to be a dream?
§ What other secrets are held within the ancient building?

New Students:

Returning students:
 ミ( D'buito Artes Academy)彡OOC/Discussion Forest10

Summary / Synopsis: What has happened so far
Spoiler:

Why should You participate?:
 ミ( D'buito Artes Academy)彡OOC/Discussion 33761510

If youve never RPed before, here  are some basic rules/guidelines.

Additions to the General Rules:
Rules on Characters:

About Classes:

Character Form:

ミ( D'buito Artes Academy)彡OOC/Discussion Classr10

Update List:

Last edited by Aeon on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:53 am; edited 18 times in total
Aeon
Aeon
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : aeon Posts : 1683

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4)

Back to top Go down

ミ( D'buito Artes Academy)彡OOC/Discussion Empty Re: ミ( D'buito Artes Academy)彡OOC/Discussion

Post by SAE Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:15 pm

OH GAWD. I haven't RPed in forever ; A; And i really would hate to sign up and not have time for rping....but I'll go on a whim and say I'll rp >^<
SAE
SAE
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : SAE Posts : 104

Blind Duets Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/sammielove20

Back to top Go down

ミ( D'buito Artes Academy)彡OOC/Discussion Empty Re: ミ( D'buito Artes Academy)彡OOC/Discussion

Post by Aeon Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:18 pm

I know a lot of people don't check every day, so I want to say right now that it'd be relatively slow paced..since it wont be 1-2 liners. 

Should the min req be upped?
Aeon
Aeon
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagi Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:33 pm

I wouldn't really call myself a RP Master or anything ^ ^;; I just did a whole bunch of hardcore RP a year ago before I discovered this community.

Um, let's see.
      I think it's best to start with some sort of topic or theme... Genres usually help start things off the best, so stereotypical ones like action, adventure, horror, supernatural, man vs. man, etc.

Back on the other forum that I RPed in... these were some of the themes I found really "active" and ones that people tend to flock towards. It could be useful to brainstorm around?

University/School Roleplay -- campus setting
        Series Roleplay -- based off entertainment (anime, manga, drama, TV, video game, books)
        Organization Roleplay -- based around some sort of group/organization. Group versus group kind of scenario
        Supernatural Roleplay -- where the characters have superpowers and such
        Horror Roleplay -- (my personal favorite) Prey vs. Predator. Killers vs. Everyday people. Battle Royale. Death. Monster vs. Human. Zombies. Supernatural as well.

Just to expand on what Aeon was saying about the whole chorus planning...
      If one of the RPs managed to become popular and the storyline was going good and all, it'll be cool to base a chorus around that and be like MBCB where the song, animation, PV, whatever followed the RP. (Justthinking).

As for the minimum length. 3-4 sentences usually don't do much purpose, but then again, there are different types as well. (The minimums varies depending on the group)
        Chatroom -- Same as what goes on Skype, minus your character (OC or whatever) is "typing" (in character) on a chatroom. Think Durarara and the Dollars chat.
        Casual -- 3-4 sentences minimum
        Semi-literate -- 3-4 paragraphs minimum
        Literate -- 5-6 paragraphs minimum
        Adv. Lit -- go write a novel for each post

If you are ever stuck on something, you could always expand on what your character is doing, their movements, the area around you, habits, posture, thought... ANYTHING to make it easier for people to interact with you (Wait, I think I'm off topic or something). It would be nice if we had an active RP community.

tl;dr
      Let's come up with a topic and how long we want the minimum length to be. [/ nod]
Kagi
Kagi
Twitter Mod
Twitter Mod

Singing Alias : カギ Posts : 440

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/Orob0rustic

Back to top Go down

Post by SAE Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:46 pm

Alright ^^ well if it'll be slow-paced then I'm definitely in! 

As for length, I personally prefer semi-literate/literate/Adv depending on my interest on the genre and topic I'm involved with. XD I can go on and on.

But for the sake of this, I suggest a mix between casual and semi literate, since it'll be enough to help get the story going but not so short that it's not an interesting enough post for those to not be able to branch off of. 

As for genre....I've been done at least one in each suggest genre at one point. o3o

I thought the YT Cafe/School was something cute cx besides School roleplays are usually pretty popular.  But I am definitely open to whatever~.
SAE
SAE
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagi Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:58 pm

Sounds good with me!

I'm fairly similar to you SAE. I can write on and on depending on the story.
      I'm more used to semi-literate/literate, but can definitely tone it down back to casual. Need the practice anyways XD I haven't RPed in so long!

Would 2-3 paragraphs be good?
      Gives us something to work off of, and yet it's not too short.

How about YT Cafe/School with some sort of plot/event behind it?
      That way it's light, but has something to drive people to continue posting?
Kagi
Kagi
Twitter Mod
Twitter Mod

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeon Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:01 pm

Ooooh *A* as expected of the master. Well, it was said by Kran somewhere on the Rules topic that she definitely didnt want chatroom type. And I dont think I want novels here. Just the thought of reading through 5000-word posts kinda scares me away... I think anywhere from above casual to Lit sounds good, but if anyone wants to go for more, be my guest? as long as its not novel-length. So.. can we say for now, Minimum: 2 paragraphs (at least 3 sentences in each?)

I didnt really want to decide on a theme right away, if noone is even interested in RPing. I was gonna just make a poll or something to see what people are most interested in, after seeing if there are even enough to make a decent RP. Though I guess that's kinda just being wishywashy on my part. It doesnt have to be strictly one of those categories either, it could be a combo of multiple ones? Ex: A school of supernaturals where there are different factions "fighting". Be it literally (as in bloodshed) or for something like 'top position in the school' 

Another thing would be whether or not each account holder is allowed to act as multiple characters..
Aeon
Aeon
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagi Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:08 pm

Yeah. We can definitely scratch the Chatroom and Advance here... and the minimum of two paragraphs works great for both newbies and veterans.

Definitely, themes don't have to be stuck on just one.You can combine everything into one if you want, I was just listing those out for people who weren't use to RPs. Haha for some reason that school of supernatural thing just reminded me of Kill La Kill (odd anime, never really got into it)

Multiple characters really depends on the RP-maker...If a particular RP shows a lot of interest, it would be great to limit it down to one, where usually the RP-makers be multiple characters cause they know the plot and direction they want to move people. Personally, RP is like sheep herding. The main theme to note however is that RPs tend to be turn based so it's best to keep track of who is posting after who and whatnot (especially when you have multiple characters)
Kagi
Kagi
Twitter Mod
Twitter Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Spoon Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:15 pm

Turn based sounds good, but maybe make a rule that if the person whose turn it is doesn't continue for a certain amount of days, the turn moves on? To minimize the risk of the game dying because of an inactive player.
(short post is short)
Spoon
Spoon
Queen of the Cupboard

Singing Alias : 小匙/Spoon Posts : 1864

I'm on the spice rack! My YTC Story 2nd Place in Blind Duets Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/raika0411

Back to top Go down

Post by SAE Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:20 pm

All of this sounds pretty good to me ^_^ As well as me agreeing  the addition of the rule Spoon suggested c:
SAE
SAE
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeon Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:25 pm

Ok. So let's set the setting to School. Not sure if I want anything like fireballs spouting out of people's hands, but perhaps things like robots, spirits, etc. might be allowable? What do you guys think? 

I think there definitely needs to be some kind of conflict/driving plot, only problem right now with making something that involves conflict between two or more parties is that it would involve.. well.. 2 or more parties. For which it doesnt seem we have enough people as of yet. 

Sounds good. Is a time limit of 1 week alright? 

I also want to put in something like, "If you know ahead of time that you won't be able to post/respond for a certain time frame, then please kill your character off or make some kind of excuse to have them disappear for said timeframe in the story."
Aeon
Aeon
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagi Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:40 pm

If it's a matter of people kind of thing, we could start something up so that at least people know what kind of plot, rules, storyline, character limits they are signing up for... and then from that recruit people?

Yes, the additional rule for skipping that person sounds good with me. It's usually an un-stated rule, but making it known sounds good here.
Kagi
Kagi
Twitter Mod
Twitter Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Nauliz Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:15 pm

My god, been a while since the last time I read long text and RP in general XD
Alrite, I'm interested, so . . . . well, there you have it '3'

I think I can join :3
Nauliz
Nauliz
Talkative

Singing Alias : Nauliz Posts : 434

Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant

https://soundcloud.com/rygar-thunderheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeon Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:33 pm

Yaaay~ a few interested folks wandering in~~ banzai!

ohgod. The first post is now ridiculously long. And will only get longer. If anyone wants to read what I came up with so far and let me know what they think of it so it might be improved, I'd appreciate it, since I've only ever participated in 1 RP. This is  quite a new experience for me XD
And quite frankly, my brain is kinda fried right now, so I'll reread it over myself in a couple of days..

Note on the names: I kinda just named everything on whim, but I tried to make them somewhat meaningful. If anyone has better names... 

Also, not quite sure why, but my sig got pushed off to the side. Wonder if that's because of the length of the post..? or maybe its just my screen
Aeon
Aeon
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Back to top Go down

Post by Nauliz Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:45 pm

Omg, Sho much info to take in  Confused 
Let me just . . . read this carefully
Nauliz
Nauliz
Talkative

Singing Alias : Nauliz Posts : 434

Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant

https://soundcloud.com/rygar-thunderheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:01 pm

Hm.. well, it's happening to me, too, the sig getting pushed to the side.

Also, if you weren't going to already, probably make new posts for all the RP info when you make the official thread? Since there is a lot of info, and you can only have so many characters in a post. xD Another fun thing you could do if people all have pics of their characters could be to do little banners for their characters in their posts. c: Like, maybe 150x75? Could have headshot + name of character.
Aerlith
Aerlith
Forever messing with staff.
Forever messing with staff.

Singing Alias : Aerlith Posts : 1976
I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/xAerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagi Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:39 pm

The revisions look good, just a few things you might want to fix:

Use smileys - usually when you're RP-ing... it's best to refrain from text speak, and that includes smileys, unless your character is talking with a cellphone or sending messages to one another.
      Characters may or may not be original - are you going for a crossover? Cause if not, then I'm not sure if not original characters work... Might get a bit hectic.
      Subgroups - seems confusing. Do you have any examples of what kind of cliche, or free for the players to make?

Overall, it's best to have storyline go first, followed by breakdown of characters, that way people understand. Dumb proof everything.

I guess I'll be sending in an application soon? -- if you're accepting already.
Kagi
Kagi
Twitter Mod
Twitter Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RuukiKaru Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:42 am

Oh this seems pretty interesting *eyes sparkling* going to send an application briefly ~
RuukiKaru
RuukiKaru

Singing Alias : Ruuki Posts : 29

Blind Duets Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/RuukiKaru

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeon Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:22 am

@ Rygar: Sorry, sorry! I didn’t think it was that much writing as I was typing it up, but maybe I got a bit carried away? I think I tend to keep adding more and more details into things as I keep thinking about it, so maybe I’ll have the most problem with my own paragraph limit in the end.. >< ;;  But nearly half the text is just from Al’s character profile, so you don’t really need to read that?

There is a limit to how many characters you can put into a post? O: Didnt know that.
Yes, I will do that, and probably just take up the first few posts for info so i dont hafta cram it all into one long post.. Hopefully that's allowable. I just thought it would be bad to multipost, but cramming it all into one post doesnt seem quite possible without things flying off the  page randomly
Does Story/characters, etc. all get moved? I kind of just assumed they’d all stay here for reference, and the new topic would be for the actual RP..
So something like this? :

[New Topic]
1st post for Intro/story + link back to here for ooc
2nd for events/ Calendar/ weather? Or combine with above?
3rd Rules
4th post for Characters list (shortened; with links back to the original post/form, no copy and pasting/full thing)
5th Places

…am I forgetting anything else?

Thank you for taking the time to actually read though all that, Kagi ^^ 
About the smilies thing: I didn't quite mean for it that way, but since it might be interpreted as such, I'll just totally remove it and the other thing about groups that doesn’t make sense
About non-OCs:  I was thinking that if they wanted to use the name/personality of an already established character, then it’d be okay? I never understood what the difference is anyway. It’s just using a character that’s already been created instead of making one yourself, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yaaaay ;w; more interested peeps! <3 

Yes, I suppose I can take the apps now, though i'm still going to have to write up a few more things. 

I did update a few more parts, but it's hard to do much and still pay attention in class >< 
Aeon
Aeon
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagi Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:05 pm

I didn't think there was a lot of text... but that's probably just me and used to typing that much in size 10 font as oppose to size 12. Haha.

In terms of Roleplay, I'm assuming it's okay to double if not triple post to reserve posts for information like what Aerlith did for the Blind Duet. It's hard to fit everything you want on one post, especially if there is a character limit (which I didn't know about either), and pictures (if you want to make it all fancy. Coding takes up a lot of characters as well. From what I'm experienced before, there are usually three different threads.

* IC - In Character (also known as the actual RP thread)
      * Profiles - Where all the profiles go
      * OOC - Out of Character, where you plan stuff... sort of what this is right now.

It's up to you Aeon on how you want to organize the different threads, or topic I guess, but yes. Usually the first post contains the Intro/story and links to profiles, ooc places, etc. Second one is Rules. Rules are more important than events. Characters forms and particular information about them afterwards, and then finally Events and RP related stuff (cause people wanna see the story, be interested in the rules and then create a character... then worry about the actual RP information like time of date, etc.)

No worries. I like reading RP threads. (Strange hobby. I know)

Yes about the non-OCs. If you use the name/personality of an already established character, that'll be considered a cross-over. The difference between OCs and canon characters are that one is "real", per se, as in created by someone other than yourself, while an OC, is someone you create from scratch. Name, personality, character, whatnot... they are your own baby. You craft them to be someone you want. Pictures... eh, those don't count.
        For example, if I take a picture of Hatsune Miku and call her... Clara Bira. That would be an OC, granted she/he doesn't have the same personality as Miku. (whatever her designed personality is)... but if that Miku is named Hatsune Miku, with the same personality and whatnot, then that is an established character. If this makes any sense.

Also, just a side note.
      When you're creating an RP. The fancier the thread... the better it gets peoples attention. That goes the same with everything usually.
Kagi
Kagi
Twitter Mod
Twitter Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeon Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:34 pm

I didn’t think it was a lot at all either, not compared to what I saw on those Gaia posts. But the coding is like HOLYS—whatisthis

Go---otcha. Wow. I am learning a lot these two days. So that’s what you meant about fancifying the rp. Ohgod. I feel like I’m gonna need help with that as well. DX If only academic stuff was this easy to comprehend

Nah, I don’t think I’ll make a separate thread just for reposting forms. Linking back to the original serves the same purpose, though it wont be as ‘neat’ looking.. But it seems like the IC is also where all the rules and stuff go we well? In the beginning, before the RP actually starts? It seemed that way on the examples you sent me from Gaia too (I wouldn’t worry about your hobby being ‘strange’ at all..)

Alright. Lemme get to work on trying to beautify posts up, as well as add some more material to the descriptions. Just realized I don’t know how big to make pictures here.. Not even sure where to check it OTL
Aeon
Aeon
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagi Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:50 pm

Well people usually include rules and such in both the IC and the OOC, because the OOC is also a recruitment thread. There are also some people (like me) who doesn't care about that (sometimes), and goes straight to the IC. So covering all bases work best. Yes. Gaia RP threads are pretty. Only the literate to advance lits though. Chatroom threads are gorgeous.

Back on topic.
      Pictures for RPs are usually best between 200px and 400px. Anything larger that than and it's like HUGE and annoying to load. Of course these aspects depend on the whole threads layout.
Kagi
Kagi
Twitter Mod
Twitter Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by ikikurface Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:39 pm

Ooh, i wanna join! i'll send my application saturday cause im kinda cant on the latop right now >.< (i ususally dont write this bad btw |D)

but i have a suggestion for a plot. what if like someone that has a high position (principal, teacher, cheerleader,) was murdered?  people start blaming each other and conflict happens.
ikikurface
ikikurface
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Ikikur Posts : 183

I'm on the spice rack! YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnuVgPc88lgPzY-_6L1YMvg

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagi Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:50 pm

I can totally dig murder!
      That'd be totally interesting and the school is split into these so called sub-groups that are like, "Yay for death of so and so" or "Nay for death of so and so", etc.? [/ throwing ideas out there.
Kagi
Kagi
Twitter Mod
Twitter Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeon Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:28 pm

Finally finished recoding part of it. The code was just way too messy before.. Updated first post again. Is it too plain? ;w; I dont know why, but if I try to use different fonts, it turns into this miniscule lettering of size 5, and using another BBcode for [size=XX] doesnt work...

XD hahaa.. actually, that was part of the problem I had planned. I kind of mentioned it in Al's profile, back when it was up on first post about how the old headmaster just kinda disappeared?

Oh, god. i guess I'm not very good at putting things on paper in a way people other than myself understand..
I didnt think of using it as reason for /students/ to be conflicting though.. So i guess they can be blaming each other for disagreeing with the way the old guy ran the school 'cuz he was biased against one group, etc.. But this all would have happened some time last year, and they were principal-less for awhile, at least until the end of the year. So when the old students come back, there's still a lot of tension. Al is there for a different reason, but sometime along in the investigations, he'll also find out something about this death. ... is what i'm thinking right now.
Aeon
Aeon
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next