Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Wed May 01, 2024 5:28 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

Romeo & Cinderella English Chorus [CLOSED][Mixing in Progress]

+8
Hikki-chan
Panchii
haneWing
krannda
KentaMidorin
HanaRyuu15
KyraDesu
IceQueen975
12 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Romeo & Cinderella English Chorus [CLOSED][Mixing in Progress] - Page 3 Empty Re: Romeo & Cinderella English Chorus [CLOSED][Mixing in Progress]

Post by IceQueen975 Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:16 am

It's time to record, that's what's happened! Panchii is our mixer, so you need to submit your vocals by the 1st of Febuary. Also, your 2 pictures and your name to us in the vid to Saint, our animator.
IceQueen975
IceQueen975
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Icy, Flair Posts : 198

https://www.youtube.com/user/IceQueen975?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Romeo & Cinderella English Chorus [CLOSED][Mixing in Progress] - Page 3 Empty Re: Romeo & Cinderella English Chorus [CLOSED][Mixing in Progress]

Post by Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:49 am

ano nee.. if i have done it, to whom should i give it? O.O
should i post it on here as a youtube vid, or just give a mp3 link? >.<
sorry.. im having a prob.. so i didnt read fully..

the deadline for us is Feb 1st, ryt? and ab the 2 pics, are they the same pic w/ same pose or same pic w/ different pose? and then i post the pics here or something?

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:52 am

Pictures = different pictures, one for nameplate one for animation, good quality, large. Animation one should be almost a full body picture, nameplate one doesn't matter as long as it's pretty.

Lines = you probably send them in to our mixer, who Icy mentioned is 'Panchii' above. PM them? I guess?
Saint
Saint
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : [紅茶] Saint Posts : 50

https://www.youtube.com/InuYan

Back to top Go down

Post by IceQueen975 Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:22 am

Yes, PM Panchii, who's the mixer. He will let you know what's the best way to send it to him. I personally emailed it to them.
IceQueen975
IceQueen975
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Panchii Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:27 am

IceQueen975 wrote:Yes, PM Panchii, who's the mixer. He will let you know what's the best way to send it to him. I personally emailed it to them.

*weeps*

I'm a girl D8...!

Please upload your RAW ACAPELLA NOT MESSED WITH IN ANY WAY ASIDE FROM SILENCING THE INBETWEENY BITS LIKE A GOOD GROUP DUBBER WHO DOESN'T WANT THEIR MIXER TO JUMP OUT OF THE WINDOW VOCALS to mediafire, or box.net Use 4shared if you have to but having to wait to download the file hacks me off ^^

Sankyuu
Panchii
Panchii
Conversationalist

My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1

Back to top Go down

Post by shinouyuki Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:34 am

Okay, since this chorus' deadline was nearer, I sent both my pics and files to Saint and Panchii respectively~ I hope they got them alright x3 pm me for any more suggestions and things I need to do xD

and I can't wait for this chorus xDDD
shinouyuki
shinouyuki
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : kanayamiko Posts : 204

http://shinouyuki.posterous.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by IceQueen975 Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:35 am

I'm excited to! Since Panchii hasn't emailed me back saying I've got to re-record, I guess I did well enough! Yay!
IceQueen975
IceQueen975
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Panchii Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:56 am

Actually I'm about to email you about your lines, but for those yet to record I have some things to say. When I mix I like to be VERY professional about things, and I strive to put out the absolute best work I can. ALWAYS. I'm not the best mixer in the world, but Im pretty decent. Saying that, there are a number of things that can really hinder the quality of a group dub and I'm going to share them with you, because if I find them in your lines I WILL be asking for a redo. These are a few things that make me feel like this poor person:

Romeo & Cinderella English Chorus [CLOSED][Mixing in Progress] - Page 3 11ipqc0
Do you want me to feel like this? Do you?

First things first.

Take. your. time.

I can't stress that enough. Dont one shot your lines. Because of how quick the lyrics are in this song, you WILL run out of breath. Often. Do a few lines at a time if you have to. I can't do jack with lines that trail half way through. They sound weak. We need an even sound across the board so keep that in mind. I'd like to use as much of people's lines as possible to give a nice sound. I don't care if you aren't the best singer in the world, but for god sake please remember to at least breathe.

Secondly. Please observe the diagram below.
Romeo & Cinderella English Chorus [CLOSED][Mixing in Progress] - Page 3 Urdoinitwrong.th

For your convenience, i recorded some fail lines.
1st note: All this noise between lines. It needs to get up outta your files. I'm not kidding. A mixer has enough of a job to do without having to go through and edit out your sneezing, your dog barking or your mom telling you to shut up in the background. Lose it. It's simple enough to go through and silence them by yourselves. I have a very small window of time to get this mixing done, so it's little things like this that will actually help me, and it's just a nice habit for a dubber to get into. This wont get you a redo request, but I will be disappointed in you.

2nd note: If your lines look like that, stretching to the top and bottom, you have clipping and we DO NOT WANT IT. It's hard to salvage lines that have a lot of that. It makes a sound that I can only describe as you trying to eat your microphone. Make sure to be close enough to your microphone, that it picks you up but we're not going to get vagina mic.

Background noise. If I can hear anything but you in your files to a degree that its obstructing you having a clear vocal i'm sending your lines back. Mouse clicks included. If there is a little static from your mic i can probably do some noise removal and take care of it. But seriously no passing trains or ANY NOISE WHATSOEVER when you are singing.

If you already know basic recording etiquette then fine, as you were, but please keep in mind these things. I know I asked for raw vocals, but by that I mean with no effects and no backing music. I dont mean noise that i have to contend with.

What I said may sound a little harsh, but I really want this to sound good, and all good things start with basics.

Please refer to this wonderful thread for some advice on basics you can do for a clean recording.
https://ytchorus.forumotion.com/t1687-the-beginner-s-guide-to-mixing-audacity
Panchii
Panchii
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by IceQueen975 Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:05 pm

I need to rerecord? Sure, I don't mind! I also just pgt a better mic (marignally so though. Sad ) so shoot me an email letting me know which parts need the most work.

Also, thank you for the tips.
IceQueen975
IceQueen975
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:02 pm

xD And as a side note Panchii if you do see this, I'd prefer to keep in contact with the mixer to hear updates on the mixing. Skype/MSN?
Saint
Saint
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by KyraDesu Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:03 pm

I've sent my pics in! I'll send in my vocals sometime next week though. I wanna make sure I do a good job on them...
KyraDesu
KyraDesu
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : きら/Kyra Posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by Panchii Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:10 am

Hanewing has asked for a week's extension on her vocals.

I'm conscious of the time that Saint will need to animate, considering that between the two of us we only have 2 weeks to get everything done, and she can't animate until I've mixed, because she wont know who is singing what.

If I don't have another job by the time I finish work at the end of next week, I'll be at home all day starting the week after, so at least I have that much time during the day to work on it. I could slap it out in a few days, but that would still leave us without Hanewing's vocals.

Icy and Saint your thoughts on this would be appreciated.

As for the rest of you, if there's something in your vocal that you're unsure of, like how something sounds, dont be afraid to drop me a pm with an example of what the problem is so I can assist and support you. The worst thing would be to come to the end of the deadline and have to re record stuff.

I'd also like to point out that I very much welcome ad libbing (extra oohs, spoken words in instrumental places; that kinda thing) If you want to do that kind of thing, go ahead, but please put them in a seperate file to your vocal track.

I'm also going to see if I can do a rough harmony guide, in case anyone wants to have a go at that, and a file of adlibs that other people can try.

Saint I've now added you to skype.
Similarly if anyone else needs me for whatever reason the quickest way to get a response out of me is through skype, so feel free to add me. peterpanchii

Panchii out.
Panchii
Panchii
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:28 am

I think I've had this talk with Icy already, we agreed that with both mixing and animation, we're gonna need at least till February 20th and she was pretty okay with it.

I can start layoutting and some other trivial stuff (subtitles) as soon as I'm done some other animation projects with Vocalight. It's exam week for me this week so I have pretty much all week off except for 2 hours on Monday and 3 hours on Wednesday. ouo)b

Don't rush, Panchii, we have time to get both Hanewing's vocals and mix and animate, I'm a magical flying butterfly that can pull something out of my A@# in 3 days or so if I really try hard TwT)b

And Panchii I didn't get an invite so I just took the liberty of adding you myself~
Saint
Saint
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by IceQueen975 Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:55 am

Fast note:

For Signers: You vocal dedlines are still Feburay 1st
For Panchii and Saint: The dedline's officially extended to at least the 20th if not the 28th. I'd love it sooner, but if you feel you need to still work on it and have more time, please let me know. I do, however, want to finishs this my March 1st.
IceQueen975
IceQueen975
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Panchii Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:06 pm

LOL well March 1st is my birthday so the weekend before and after there's no chance you're going to get me to do anything, so Imma try get it out before that.
Panchii
Panchii
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:08 pm

yea, i knew the deadline is on Feb 1st.. ok Smile ---but it's almost Feb 1st, so at least we can't be just laying on the bed hearing the music etcetc.---
im recording it now ^^
i'll try my best. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Kaine Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:12 pm

I'm not sure if Panchii or Saint have checked their PMs yet, so I'm just gonna say here that I've sent in my lines and pictures =)
Rin Kaine
Rin Kaine
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : リン/Rin Posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by IceQueen975 Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:20 pm

Awesome guys! I need to rerecord but can't do so till Friday! @-@ I'm so sorry Panchii! I've been so busy. Crying
IceQueen975
IceQueen975
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by KyraDesu Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:56 am

ARGH! I finally get back access to my computer (parents. Dont ask.) and I look for my RAW file...only to be totally unable to find it.

To top things of as I try to re-record Audicity has a bloody error and shuts down. Taking my vocals with it.

I'm so sorry TT_TT I'll get something up by tomorow.

EDIT: Submitted! *collapses* LostSoul
KyraDesu
KyraDesu
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:33 pm

Rin Kaine wrote:I'm not sure if Panchii or Saint have checked their PMs yet, so I'm just gonna say here that I've sent in my lines and pictures =)

gotcha, I'll go check right now. ^^ *sorryIthinkIforgottocheckmyPM'sdailyorz*
Saint
Saint
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by Panchii Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:49 am

I'm gonna start mixing today since I'm only missing one person's vocals.
Panchii
Panchii
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by IceQueen975 Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:20 pm

Update: Panchii is now mixing! We're getting there people!
IceQueen975
IceQueen975
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:35 pm

Animator Update: I'm pretty sure I have all the pictures now. You may or may not get a request from me during the actual animation for a picture change. So if you can, please add me on Skype: SaintoftheSky

OR MSN. saintofthesky@hotmail.com
Saint
Saint
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:05 am

i cant wait i cant wait~ >w<

Back to top Go down

Post by KyraDesu Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:50 am

I know right?!?! Excited~! Totally excited XD
KyraDesu
KyraDesu
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next