Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Wed May 01, 2024 5:28 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

"Cute" Voices? O:

+31
aiko9099
Mini
(ツ・ω・キ)
Nami~Nyan
LemonP
KentaMidorin
FluffyHetsche
Rawrzyr
harumia
KuroKoe
shockingbuggy
Squeaky22126
Crescence
Imagase
Ciel
Aussei
Aniki
Emichuu
Kemi
Kumbancha
Charlina
mong
Henshin Pen Lemon
krannda
Razzy
Fuzzlekins
Kuma-tan
さおり
kiki
Nezaibaka
Una
35 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

"Cute" Voices? O: Empty "Cute" Voices? O:

Post by Una Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:14 am

*shall keep deeper thoughts to self*

Just wondering o-o It's something which has ALWAYS struck a nerve of mine (due to some reasons 8D). I don't have anything against real, genuine cute voices, but I think that some girls just try too hard, and they sound so fake i feel like punc-- uh.

It's probably worse that people actually like these kind of "cute" voices?

I mean, I may not be completely accurate when I say they're faking it, but usually real cute voices come with a hint of childishness, not a castrated chipmunk.

A little off, bu I know people with genuine cute and childish voices (online and offline), and they don't really like it, to say the least. (Well, even if they do like it one way or another, I'm positive none of them would call themselves 'loli' or 'moe').

Idk, I just think that these people are just as shallow as those who steal other people's voices cos either way, they're just not honest about how they really sound like :/ On the bright side, they have more pedophiles after them. *shrugs*

Kran117 edit: Una is merely stating her opinions, so please do not flame her. She is not trying to start a fight. She is just pointing something out. owo

Last edited by kran117 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just to prevent fights from happening)
Una
Una
Talkative

My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1

https://www.youtube.com/user/Unawhut

Back to top Go down

"Cute" Voices? O: Empty Re: "Cute" Voices? O:

Post by Guest Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:17 am

Una wrote: and they don't really like it, to say the least.

Totally agree.

Some people say that I have a sweet voice, quite childish, and I totally can't stand it. My voice is not suited for nearly ANY song.

I always wanted a more ''womanly'' voice, like some people here, starting for you Una.

*sigh* I just wish that it changes a little while I'm growing up~... orz

Back to top Go down

Post by Nezaibaka Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:27 am

Well mostly for girls, most of us here are young so they're going to sound childish, young, cute and whatnot. Especially those who haven't really sang before. They're voices are still developing and I can proudly say my own voice is still developing as well. We all have a different pace in our voice so enjoy every step of the way. I personally think if we start singing young, we would have a better and more rounded voice when we're older.

As for the "force" cute voice. I personally think it sounds nasally and to be honest, it gives me a headache however, it depends on your perspective of things. Possibly people enjoy the cute voice more so they would support that person more. Support isn't wrong however, one day that dubber have to realize that they are going to have to sing correctly and once they do, their voice won't be cute exactly, it'll be a starting point of a blossoming voice. I would encourage people to pursue their true voices instead of aiming to be moe or loli. =w=b

Also something to point out , say the person with the cute voice receives more subs than one that does pursue their "true voice". I realized that subs aren't a measure of skill. To be honest, I could care less about subs. I appreciate them however, say one day copyright gets me and I lose them. I would probably careless since I wasn't here on youtube for the subs in the first place. I was here to sing and that's pretty much exactly what I'll do.

I feel like I got slightly off topic, but you know my point ._.
Nezaibaka
Nezaibaka
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Rémi Posts : 187

https://www.youtube.com/user/Nezaibaka

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:45 am

When I try to sing my "cute" voice I sound really really b*tchy so I never try to do one XD

And I think you are right Una, people with genuine cute voices don't like to be called or refer to as loli or moe XD
kiki
kiki
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : kiki/キキ Posts : 1697

Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/kikipancakes

Back to top Go down

Post by さおり Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:19 am

lol, well... Normally it's retards like those that end their sentences with "kawaiii", "moeee" and "desuuuu" = u =
さおり
さおり
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

http://www.sa0ri-chan.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuma-tan Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:58 am

Fuu.I have a really high voice and to say,I HATE IT.I really try to change it but just cant,ok? This is what pisses my off. I cant really sing without hearing "OHH your voice is cute~" Really? Ok...sometimes i really dont mind.But other times i get pissed.
I cant help it. My voice is very high and,really, im forced to sing high.My voice as I quote:

Nezaibaka wrote:Well mostly for girls, most of us here are young so they're going to sound childish, young, cute and whatnot. Especially those who haven't really sang before. They're voices are still developing and I can proudly say my own voice is still developing as well.

I still am developing my voice.I just started dubbing only a few weeks ago as my voice is still shaky and high. I reach for a lower sound but its just almost impossible for me at this state.So, if anyone should say in the near future pobably, that i have a fake high voice,I warn you now.Ill throw a fit right in front of you. Because you dont really know how hard it is for me to sing with a low voice.You know, this is hard.I cant make my point here much. I cant really describe it.But im glad someone made this topic.IM ONLY 13! I cant have such a very low voice. So...long story short, Saying my voice is really cute is somewhat of an insult for me because my goal is to really be a low-medium sounding person who can reach really high notes.ANd that to say:Im not forcing my voice to be high.Its just by "default" my voice is tiny. SO.......yeah.....can anyone really understand what im saying?
Kuma-tan
Kuma-tan
iPost'a'Lot

Singing Alias : mir Posts : 3300

Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/Miramiee

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzlekins Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:24 am

...I would like to think that I could do a convincing cute voice, but thats probably not true. Although, it doesn't take too much effort for me to talk or sing like that.

My actual voice is lower, and is probably more suited to jazz, folk, or musical theater. Kind of seems like a weird combo, doesn't it?
Fuzzlekins
Fuzzlekins
Talkative

Singing Alias : Fuzzle Posts : 445

Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration

https://www.youtube.com/user/Fuzzlekinz

Back to top Go down

Post by Razzy Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:46 am

@ una
Natural cute voices 8D;;

You mean like ichiki 8DD;;;

It does get annoying when it is forced xD.

I can name one person on youtube that .. is just really annoying with that cute voice. 10 points if you can guess who *w*
Razzy
Razzy
Motor Mouth

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/razzyness

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzlekins Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:50 am

@Razzy: ... I believe I know who you're talking about. *won't say it out loud though*
Fuzzlekins
Fuzzlekins
Talkative

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:14 pm

I get to hear that my voice is cute all the time and I don't mind at all.
Actually I'm quite fond of my singing voice. But my talking voice sounds terrible to me lol

"castrated chipmunk" xDDDD
Yeah those voices tends to tire me out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:25 pm

Totally agree with you...
My "cute" voice fits your description since it doesn't sound right. OTL No, I mean it. I tried it in my World is Mine cover and it just isn't natural sounding at all. Makes me very upset, honestly... TT.TT;; *HUGE softie*

But yeah, like my annoying "cute" voice, the people that try too hard just don't sound right... Again, like me. If only I could improve my voice... xDD Now I need to stop rambling like an idiot...

Back to top Go down

Post by Una Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:47 am

Well o:~ Like I said, nothing against natural cute voices, just those really faked ones =w=
I actually kinda like some developing voices (cos some people just sound so childish and innocent that it's so cute OTL) -SHOT-

Also, I don't really have a cute voice (well, not anymore? It was more childish than cute in the first place :/) so i can't really tell how people with real cute voices feel o-o (ah but but, i think most people confuse 'cute' with 'sweet' 'childish' etc) o: childish =/= cute OTL

Spoiler:
Well, yeah o: And I think most YTC people are pretty new, so yeah xD;

Spoiler:
EYE'M SO MOEEE DAYSHOOOO.
LIEK, EYE'M LOLI AND KAHWAYEEE.

-SHOT-

Of course, my wife ;D <3

Spoiler:

Ah. I'm 13 too (i'm just older than you by 2 months...and two days -SHOT-), but yeah, since you just started out recently, it's normal that your voice is still shaky and high. Puberty happens >_>;;; Your voice will get more mature and lower when you grow older o: (uhhh, depends though i guess) Also, I took a look at your Saihate, and your voice isnt as high as you think it is (even if you sang this lower, your original voice cant be that much different 8D) xD It's middle pitch, and from the sounds of it, I think it'll really get deeper once your voice has developed more 8D And relax, nobody's shooting you =w=; *pats*
Una
Una
Talkative

Back to top Go down

Post by krannda Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:28 am

I actually agree with you, Una and I'm glad you brought this up. This will prove a bit useful for conversations in Talent Time, I think.

Seeing as this technically is related to performances, I'll move this to Talent Time. I hope you don't mind. :3
krannda
krannda
I'm still alive?

Singing Alias : kran Posts : 1244

My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

https://www.youtube.com/user/fxsynth

Back to top Go down

Post by Henshin Pen Lemon Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:57 am

I have the opposite situation of a lot of people on YT (I'm 18, so I can't really lump myself into the young YTC population category); I have NO convincing cutesy voice when singing, whether it be English or Japanese. (I don't think I'd have one if I'm VAing either, unless you want a tomboyish edge to it.) It's for that reason I can't sing a lot of songs fittingly, because... well, you don't see many low-pitched female singers, as in lower than alto.

However, I can think of a reason as to why people use cutesy voices in their singing - to emaluate the original song's singer. A lot of the Vocaloid songs that are popularly dubbed are by Miku and Rin and... well, Miku and Rin have very high-pitched voices, so they'd have to bring their veery hiigh peetches to the song to sound similar to them.
Another reason I can think of would regard... well, face it, the singers with the cute voices. Think of it as a pyramid scheme. Cutesy voice, get a lot of subs. Others watch videos, notice said person has a lot of subs, and so they get their cutesy voice out.

The logic does make sense, does it not? XP
Henshin Pen Lemon
Henshin Pen Lemon
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by krannda Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:25 am

I do agree that some people try to emulate the Vocaloid feeling of a song but there are times when it's a bit too much and seriously, a lot of people still use these fake cute voices even in songs that aren't supposed to be cute. Dx

Having cute, high-pitched voices doesn't mean you can hit super high notes either. Trust me. I've tried. I'm a lower alto as well, xD
That's not real singing.

I'm not too fond of these voices because it's not true singing. If you're going to cover something, show how unique your real voice is and don't try to imitate. I would appreciate your singing more that way. I'd rather hear who you really are rather than who you're trying to be. owo
krannda
krannda
I'm still alive?

Singing Alias : kran Posts : 1244

My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

https://www.youtube.com/user/fxsynth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:19 pm

Ahh, I really needed to comment on this. Note that these are opinions of mine, blah blah blah, and I'm not much of a debater. Sorry if this may offend you.

Anyway, I don't mind cute voices; in fact, I'm quite fascinated how people talk and sing like that. Thus, it's a low blow hearing and knowing a "cute singing voice" is a pathetically fake one. Worse yet, some of them are like, "well, this is my normal singing voice! This is how I sing! This is how I talk in real life!" No, you don't sing or talk like that! Just stop it. Crying And, it's really hard to accept that they're "singing" when they're not very good singers either, with notes all off, lack of control of their voices, etc.

And what Kran said, I believe, is quite true, too. They're not actually singing properly; instead, they are going against what they naturally talk and sing like to imitate something as absurd as trying to sound cute. That said, I personally don't think they really care whether or not they're singing with a more proper technique, much or less if they even know they're singing with an improper one.

It doesn't help the fact that, like Henshin said, a lot of these singers (no examples to avoid flames and bullcrap like that) unfortunately have a lot of subscribers--when, in fact, they really don't deserve them if all their subscribers subscribed to "hear more of their beautiful singing". It's such a negative influence to YouTube singers/coverers, and though I don't think anyone would be gullible enough to change something like their singing in order to try to gain more subscribers--because personally that would be a disgustingly selfish thing to do--a lot those singers, and people like you and I are under the impression that everyone does love these unnecessary cute voices, when, really, not everyone does.

Back to top Go down

Post by mong Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:14 pm

Uh, I'd say more but most people have said what I said. Personally, I don't really mind a cute voice-- I think Yuuki Aoi's voice is really cute, although it's less because it's high as opposed to the fact that she really does sound like a little girl. ;A; (fangirls)

Buuut uh, anyways. I just dislike it when people sound like they're squeezing their throats a lot to get that sound. When it sounds like it hurts, I get the '...OUCH' feeling instead of the 'Awwww so cute' one. D: (It hurts for me if I go all squeaky, which is why the only 'girly' voices I have per se still sound like I've a least hit puberty OTL)
mong
mong
Chorus Staff

Banner Decorator * 1 Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlina Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:01 pm

I respect cute singers =w=

Last edited by Charlina on Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Charlina
Charlina

Singing Alias : Charlina Posts : 41

https://www.youtube.com/charlinahung

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzlekins Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:54 pm

Charlina wrote:(*cough* certain sempai from asian club)

You have an asian club? xD *shot for being off-topic*
Fuzzlekins
Fuzzlekins
Talkative

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlina Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:10 pm

Fuzzlekins wrote:You have an asian club? xD *shot for being off-topic*

Well Asian Cultural Club... but same thing >.<
the president was stalking me and asking questions, but at first I didn't know her intentions and I was kind of shy so I would just *nod* or *shake* my head and she would OTL...
Charlina
Charlina

Singing Alias : Charlina Posts : 41

https://www.youtube.com/charlinahung

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:56 pm

I think, if someone can do it well, then I don't care.
Because, hey, even if it isn't naturally, if you can do it, then do it.

Like hitori~ http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm5781796
She naturally has a low womanly voice~ owo)b +
Which I much prefer, but I'm in awe of how well she can control her fake cute~ *A*

Doing it by making your voice tighten is so limiting though. ;A; I don't understand why someone would do it seriously & all the time.

It's annoying, but meh. =3=)b I wish I had a cuter voice though

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumbancha Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:56 pm

I'm with Yano, personally if they sound good then I don't mind BUT if they use their cute voice and their voice is all off and out of tune then it REALLY bothers me, LIKE A LOT, but if they're still good and believable then is ok, however, If they use that voice all the time it would bother me too! I'd be all like, USE YOUR REAL VOICE FOR ONCE! but they can use a cute voice sporadically if they want,

*also wants a cuter voice*
Kumbancha
Kumbancha
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kumba Posts : 1151

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemi Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:54 am

Does cute also count as smexy? >.>

I can't do a cute voice, but I think those people that can do them (well) are fine doing them, and if its their job to act cute...I don't really mind that either. But if they generally talk in a lower voice (like me... OTL) and they pretend to sound cute it's annoying, unless they're good at it, Like I said above.
Kemi
Kemi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kemi Posts : 945

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Una Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:00 am

Kumbancha wrote:I'm with Yano, personally if they sound good then I don't mind BUT if they use their cute voice and their voice is all off and out of tune then it REALLY bothers me, LIKE A LOT, but if they're still good and believable then is ok, however, If they use that voice all the time it would bother me too! I'd be all like, USE YOUR REAL VOICE FOR ONCE! but they can use a cute voice sporadically if they want,

*also wants a cuter voice*

Well o-o I think it's okay to sing in a cute voice once in a while (...it's fun -SHOT-). But it just gets really annoying if they sing in that cute voice all the time o:

kemi-tama wrote:Does cute also count as smexy? >.>

No. =w=
Una
Una
Talkative

Back to top Go down

Post by Emichuu Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:04 am

It's very possible to have one of those high cutesy voices and still be able to sound more mature in certain songs with practice. I'm with one of those high voices and I have to really work at it to get my voice to sound more mature, some songs I can't do it though and I find that the cute voice is what I feel more comfortable with. One song for example, Lacrimosa by Kalafina, helped me really push it out. :D

So don't think it's impossible to also sound not so cute! ^___^
Emichuu
Emichuu

Dango Daikazoku Chorus

http://emichuu.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next