Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

ミ( D'buito Artes Academy)彡OOC/Discussion

+9
Nazoraeru
asheya
ikikurface
RuukiKaru
Aerlith
Nauliz
Spoon
SAE
Aeon
13 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

ミ( D'buito Artes Academy)彡OOC/Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: ミ( D'buito Artes Academy)彡OOC/Discussion

Post by Kagi Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:45 pm

Layout looking good so far!
      Question in regards to the profile: Where do we submit it to? Here? PM?

As for that blurb you type... sounds good with me.
      Shall we have a description for the "old" students and the "new" students?
      Ex. Old students are more rebellion cause they had a year without a principal (if that was what you were thinking about.

((I need to stop writing in size 10. Bad Gaia habits))
Kagi
Kagi
Twitter Mod
Twitter Mod

Singing Alias : カギ Posts : 440

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/Orob0rustic

Back to top Go down

ミ( D'buito Artes Academy)彡OOC/Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: ミ( D'buito Artes Academy)彡OOC/Discussion

Post by Aeon Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:05 pm

Actually.... hm... perhaps it WOULD be better to just make another thread specifically for character profiles...  I'm not sure if it'd be a good idea to have them in random pages all over this thread, even if they can be linked back.Will do that now. Guess I should c/p all the rules and stuff about characters there, submit my own, and then other submissions can go underneath?

Edit: Actually... no. They shall be PM'd to me! It actually makes more sense that way, now that I think about it.

Yeah, the new students dont know much about what happened before at all.  It would be the elder returning students who are the problem kids, i think.
Aeon
Aeon
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : aeon Posts : 1683

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nauliz Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:51 am

Aeonnn, I can't PM u (W.__.)W
Nauliz
Nauliz
Talkative

Singing Alias : Nauliz Posts : 434

Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant

https://soundcloud.com/rygar-thunderheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagi Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:55 am

You should be able to Rygar.
      Um, do you know where it is?

Edit -- Oh I see what's the problem.
      Aeon, if you're gonna do it by PM... you're gonna have to turn on your PM.
Kagi
Kagi
Twitter Mod
Twitter Mod

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spoon Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:10 am

Aeon-sama, question!!
Are everybody with some sort of powers considered non-humans? Like say, if there's an ESPER who looks human (no ears, horns, wings etc.) but can use telekinesis and such, are they considered human? Or are humans people with no special abilities whatsoever?
Spoon
Spoon
Queen of the Cupboard

Singing Alias : 小匙/Spoon Posts : 1864

I'm on the spice rack! My YTC Story 2nd Place in Blind Duets Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/raika0411

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagi Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:15 am

That's a good question.
      I would assume, they are part of the human-race... granted their origin is human. Then again, they are on the borderland.

Are we going to have the "kids" in the school maintain human form? Or are we gonna allow them to stay in their "real" forms say with wings and all. I think having them be in their human forms are best...
Kagi
Kagi
Twitter Mod
Twitter Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Spoon Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:18 am

It'd provide more juice for conflict though if they were in their original forms. Like, "OOh my gods, do something about those darn wings, people want to see the board!"
Spoon
Spoon
Queen of the Cupboard

I'm on the spice rack! My YTC Story 2nd Place in Blind Duets Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeon Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:36 am

D: Sorry, sorry. My bad. I totally forgot I played with the preferences..I think it should be fixed now.

Ooh, I guess technically, they're somewhere in between. I was classifying them more on their physical appearance, but if theyre like superhumans, then it really depends on the individual themselves as to which they identify more with. And yes, humans would be strictly those with 0 powers whatsoever. Unless you want to count super optimism or something like that as a power. Doesn't count in my book though.
They can choose to 'hide' or openly display their true appearances. Once again, a matter of personal choice and what they want to identify themselves as. Or dont want to be identified at all. XD

Will edit the main post to be more specific after class. This is so nice~ More people reading = easier to catch things that don't make sense~
Aeon
Aeon
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagi Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:07 am

Also, I wasn't sure if this was covered but... where are the profiles being posted again? I mean, after we've PM'ed them to you and you've confirmed and approved.
Kagi
Kagi
Twitter Mod
Twitter Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by SAE Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:14 pm

I've sent in my form! C:
SAE
SAE
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : SAE Posts : 104

Blind Duets Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/sammielove20

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeon Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:41 pm

owo I was actually thinking of /not/ posting them. Not the full version, anyway. I was gonna put up a list of name and basic info + pic somewhere on the main topic, but not the entire thing (Likes, dislikes, history). 'cuz you know how when people meet each other, it's not like they can tell what the entire history of the person is.. Meaning: It will be up to you to SHOW us and for everyone else to discover what your character is like, rather than read it off a description box.
Bad idea?

Updating first post now. More than likely, I wont be creating the RP topic until the weekend. Still working on descriptions and writing up the opening post//
Aeon
Aeon
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagi Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:00 pm

No that works.
      The shorten version is what people usually put on the main topic (but on Gaia, people just put it in the profile thread just in case there were some people who were bored and wanted to read them).

People just usually have the players themselves type up the summary or provide a separate code for people to type up a shorten version. Either way, it's perfectly fine to have a shorten version on the main.

I'll work on mine, now.
Kagi
Kagi
Twitter Mod
Twitter Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Spoon Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:01 pm

That's actually a really good idea owo 
So you'll be taking forms now?? How many players are we waiting for/is there still a lot of stuff to do before this can start?
Spoon
Spoon
Queen of the Cupboard

Back to top Go down

Post by SAE Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:20 pm

-just adding from previous rps I've been in-
I think putting just basic info (like name, age, class/year) on the main thread is good c: 
On the site I moderate on, the rp section allows for the creators to have 3 threads: OOC, IC, and Profile. All of them are pretty self explanatory, though most just have the list of names on the main (with the few exceptions of people that make the more advanced ones and throws a detailed shortened list of characters). O3O if you do have the profile thread, a link to it would definitely be a good decision~ ^_^ hehe
SAE
SAE
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeon Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:26 pm

Well, I can take them now, but I do still have to finish typing up a few things and finish coding them. After that, I'm just copying and pasting them, and it'll be up owo Well, 99% chance it wont be done today. But it should be up and running this weekend, if there are... actually, whats a good number to start on?

I made a few more changes to the form as well. Added  'color' and 'picture link'
Aeon
Aeon
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Back to top Go down

Post by SAE Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:31 pm

Well, that depends on how big you'd like the roleplay. 8-10 maybe to get it started? -shrugs- You probably don't want my opinion on a good number, since I tend to enjoy 4-6 person roleplays the most. (Has a hatred for 14+ person roleplays after bad experiences)
SAE
SAE
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by asheya Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:05 pm

oOOOH AN RP
Ah I love RPing~!

I will fill out the form soon (uh, I'm in another private RP so it might take a while) and PM it to you Aeon~

Seems interesting so far though [thumbs up]
asheya
asheya
Fresh off the Boat

Singing Alias : asheya Posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagi Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:21 pm

Generally 6-8 characters works well to start a school RP. It's been a while since I've started one so I don't know if that's changed recently or not.

In addition to your profile adding on the other thread, I think it'll be best if you include something like race as well... cause I have no idea if your character + new headmaster is human or not. Also, maybe include a section for, if they were non-human, what kind of abilities they have? I handed mine in, but it's rather non-descriptive of what he does. Let me know if you want me to expand on that.

@SAE: I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!
      That OOC, IC, Profile reminds me of a Gaia template. Were you on Gaia by any chance?

Kagi
Kagi
Twitter Mod
Twitter Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeon Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:46 pm

Well, if they look human, you can assume that's what they are, unless they start to show signs of being otherwise. XD The excitement of being all-knowing~

I've started the RP topic and started posting the stuff on there. 3 Characters are up now ^^ I still need to finish up descriptions of all the places though.. *cries* so much planning and typing to do..

And it looks like applications will be closing soon..! I've got 2 on waiting list, and they'll be approved as soon as the little details are fixed. I did not expect it to get this much interest. I think I was only expecting 3-4 people, but this is cool. X3 Maybe someone else will start their own RP.. But it's seriously so much work in the beginning..I dont think I'll ever start another one.

So.. someone tell me how this turn-based thing works XD. is it like:

A-> B -> C -> D -> E -> A -> B -> C ... and so on?
Aeon
Aeon
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Back to top Go down

Post by asheya Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:48 pm

o h
closed
hahaha
I won't be done in time that's for sure. Because I'm in another RP and I need to finish THAT RP, rping as a male for the first time in 10 years ;;;
Good luck on this though Aeon!!
asheya
asheya
Fresh off the Boat

Singing Alias : asheya Posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeon Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:55 pm

It'll more than likely still be open, but wont it get confusing for new players if they just randomly enter into the story anyway? unless they "transfer"..
I'm not sure if I can handle that many people at once @_@
I dont think I want to try with 10 people right now..

You can always just check back with us when youve finished that RP ^^
Aeon
Aeon
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagi Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:14 pm

The A > B > C > D > E > A probably won't work... It usually never works because usually characters interact with two or three people.

For example: A > B > C > F > B > D > A > C > E > A > D > F... etc
      A ( first post )
      B ( first post, decides to not interact with A )
      C ( first post, interacts with B but not A )
      F ( first post )
      B ( second post, interacts with C)
      D ( first post, joins, interacts with A )
      A ( second post, interacts with D )
      C ( second post, interacts with B )
      E ( first post )
      A ( third post, continues interacting with D, sees E, interacts as well)
      D ( second post, interacts with A and E )
      F ( second post, was ignored, tries again with another post )

It just depends on who's interacting with who. Whoever's interacting with whoever should remind themselves internally when's it's who's turn. If this makes sense.
Kagi
Kagi
Twitter Mod
Twitter Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by SAE Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:17 pm

Kagi wrote:

Generally 6-8 characters works well to start a school RP. It's been a while since I've started one so I don't know if that's changed recently or not.In addition to your profile adding on the other thread, I think it'll be best if you include something like race as well... cause I have no idea if your character + new headmaster is human or not. Also, maybe include a section for, if they were non-human, what kind of abilities they have? I handed mine in, but it's rather non-descriptive of what he does. Let me know if you want me to expand on that.@SAE: I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!That OOC, IC, Profile reminds me of a Gaia template. Were you on Gaia by any chance?

I actually used to play Gaia! ^_^
Never was on the forums though. The site I did most of my roleplaying is MyCandyLove xD
SAE
SAE
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagi Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:33 pm

Haha. Small world isn't it!
      Gaia RP is intense sometimes.

Isn't My Candy Love that... um, I've seen ads of it.
      That dating game? Or am I thinking another one XDDDD

Glad to see both our characters in the game. Since they're both oldies... wanna do some planning about what their "relationship is" if they have any? Hate, hi - bye, senpai/kouhai, know each other, was picked on etc... I really don't know what Sae is. Human? Non-human? Same Vocal class?

Kagi
Kagi
Twitter Mod
Twitter Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by SAE Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:39 pm

It is xD And i've heard from friends that did stalk the threads on Gaia tell me it was intense o3o

And you'd be correct! It is a pretty good online otome, since I stumbled on it 2 years ago xD i think the roleplay moderator might have played on Gaia or heard of people that have used this setup for organization reasons. (Which I thought was a great idea because its a lot of information if its a well planned RP to have in just one or two topics).
SAE
SAE
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next