Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

Recording with Audacity - Not working?

2 posters

Go down

Recording with Audacity - Not working? Empty Recording with Audacity - Not working?

Post by ArcticZero Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:12 am

So I tried to give my voice a check by singing a favorite song, and recorded it over a vocal less version of the song.

No matter what editing I do to my vocal track, it is always out of sinc from the vocal less track, and I can hear my voice going after the backup voices (no edit) or before the backup (with edit) even though my voice and the backup should be in sync for the lyrics.

I also have a Turtlebeach headset (I think that's what they're called) and it has a mic, but the quality isn't what I was hoping for. The headset is the best thing I can afford, and I have to wait till summer to earn money again.

So yeah, any tips/suggestions?
ArcticZero
ArcticZero
Fresh off the Boat

Singing Alias : Qtronix Posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Recording with Audacity - Not working? Empty Re: Recording with Audacity - Not working?

Post by Glenn Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:18 am

I have a suggestion. Sing without the original vocal, it's a bad practise. If it's one of your favourite songs then you should be able to sing it without that kind of help Smile

Glenn

Singing Alias : Glenn Posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Recording with Audacity - Not working? Empty Re: Recording with Audacity - Not working?

Post by ArcticZero Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:15 pm

I meant that when I sang with the vocal less track, I can't get my voice in sync with it, even though I tried different tempos with the song.

It's like Audacity has a recording lag or something. I sing it perfectly to the rhythm, but when I listen to the recording, it's terribly off beat.
ArcticZero
ArcticZero
Fresh off the Boat

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:17 pm

Do you have an external sound device or just a basic microphone you plug into the PC?

Glenn

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcticZero Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:25 pm

I have a headset that I plug into the laptop... And the quality of my headset and the built-in microphone isn't really different.
ArcticZero
ArcticZero
Fresh off the Boat

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:26 pm

Ah, right. But I'm thinking, since there are always latency when you record, but it shouldn't be so much since you're using your built-in sound card. Did you try and just drag your vocal recordings just a few milliseconds forward to see if it fits better? Don't change the tempo of your recording since it should fit by default.

Glenn

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcticZero Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:32 pm

Yeah, I did that, but I can't get the adjustment right. It's either I'm too early or too late.
ArcticZero
ArcticZero
Fresh off the Boat

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:39 pm

Ah, hmm. I've never used Audacity before, but is the vocal track aligned to a grid or can you move it freely? Try and zoom in as much as you can to move it more smoothly.

Glenn

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcticZero Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:40 pm

I've done that too, still no luck. I even tried with different songs, and it seems to be that it's the recording. Any help in trying to reduce the lag in recording?
ArcticZero
ArcticZero
Fresh off the Boat

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:42 pm

To reduce the lag then get a better audio device, but it shouldn't matter. Since if it is indeed some latency then it should just be moving it slightly forward to get the position correct.

Glenn

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcticZero Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:46 pm

M'kay. I'll see what I can do with the other songs. My recording and the vocal less track should be on top of each other, right? I've seen a program that you can overlay the two tracks together and such, but I'm not sure if it was Audacity...
ArcticZero
ArcticZero
Fresh off the Boat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down