Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

1/6 - English (fail) translyrics, critique?

Go down

1/6 - English (fail) translyrics, critique? Empty 1/6 - English (fail) translyrics, critique?

Post by Henshin Pen Lemon Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:01 am

Link to the original 1-6, plus English subs

I keep emphasizing that the lyrics seem (least to me) really bad so you'd ask "Lemon, why would you post these lyrics if you think they suck?!". However, I hold this song really close to my heart (it's not the first song I heard from a Vocaloid but it's the song that made me say 'OK, I'm really interested in Vocaloid'), yet my difficulties in Japanese don't make this song sound good and I had wanted to make 1/6 my last song before I went on a real, true singing hiatus (because there'll be a baby in residence for at least a little while and I won't have the ability to sing the way I like to).

The video of the original song, posted above due to this not being a relatively noticed song (from what I see) has English subs which I used for reference; I also used the Piapro lyrics, Googrish-translated, to refer to when writing since I wasn't quite sure on the meanings of some things as referred to in the song.

When I was writing these lyrics, I intended them to fit a bit more to the rhythm but when I test-dubbed this, it ended up not fully conforming as I thought (forcing a rhythm change) so I think some of my wording choices were a bit awkward...

Spoiler:

I guess I'd like a bit of critique and advice; I've found I can really only sing properly in English and wanted to try writing my own lyrics to songs, so I figured I may as well try but with my awkward manner of speaking and writing, wanted a bit of tips on how not to mess them up.

(...and I also just realized that the Piapro lyrics had said 'adding to or modifying the lyrics weren't allowed...' what about in the circumstance that the lyrics were used as a reference for translyrics? Geez I'm dumb sometimes.)
Henshin Pen Lemon
Henshin Pen Lemon
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down