Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

Things you like and things you hate about your voice

+47
YokoTenshi-Chan
Luna Amatista
irO
Suvi
Coda
magical_wishes
haneWing
Akemi
Tsumanne
Kicchan
Rei
Speck
TheRisingDream
Syn
apol
Lyrica
Kita-Chan03
Penny
FSH
XMidoriX
joakkar
seahorsegurl
Kurii
Ciel
mong
Una
Aniki
ChoAkkar ♥
JackSparrowRon
espeon977
kiki
Kemi
Piri
Pronch
sakuratine
Suntamukun
ReiYu
Jay-Shay
(ツ・ω・キ)
Hikki-chan
BlackRockShooter
Moonlight-KurochiMisa
braveheart
Zero
Aziro
Effyness
Kumbancha
51 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Things you like and things you hate about your voice Empty Things you like and things you hate about your voice

Post by Kumbancha Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:48 pm

Ok guys, we all know we are our harshest critics when it comes to our own singing voices, like everyone is telling us we did a great job and everything but you can't help but shudder everytime you hear yourself singing (at least in my case) well, I made this thread to see what is it that you like and what is it that you don't like or possibly hate about your singing voice, let me start

What I hate:
I ABSOULTELY DESPISE my timbre, I have a weird almost alien-like timbre that is whiny, annoying and just not pretty, It doens't fit most of the songs I have covered, and there's very few songs that I actually like how I sound (migikata no chou is a song that my voice loves, same with cremation melody and romeo and cinderella), also, I sound hoarse when I sing most of the time and in some cases my voice is either too strong for a song or too soft for another, which means I don't have the soft and sweet trimbre that some girls have but I also don't have the very strong powerful timbre of others, I have something in between and it's frustrating me at times. waht else? hmmm I thinks that's it for the moment

What I love:
This one is easy, I bet if I talked to you on Skype you know what I'm thinking, I ADORE,LOVE,CHERISH AND WORSHIP my vocal range, I have a very wide vocal range, It spans from a the middle notes of a baritone to whistle notes like the ones Mariah Carey can sing, WHICH IS WHY I LOVE MY RANGE!

share your stories about your voice

=D
Kumbancha
Kumbancha
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kumba Posts : 1151

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Things you like and things you hate about your voice Empty Re: Things you like and things you hate about your voice

Post by Effyness Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:38 pm

Range? ; u ; So jealous~ I wish I had a super wide range. Mine isn't so bad, I guess, but it only sounds really good in a small region.

Other cons: I think I have that timbre problem too. Like, it's hard for me to say exactly because I don't perfectly understand what exactly timbre is defined as, but based on what I'm hearing, I have the same problem. X3 I guess what I mean to say is that I don't have a voice that is naturally very pleasing to listen to in any genre of music. There are some people who have that natural talent, and I don't. My voice isn't deep enough to be considered all...rich and velvety and stuff, but it's definitely not high enough to be considered very girly and pretty. Take, for example, the voices of a lot of Japanese pop singers or even a lot of the Nico Nico girls. My voice isn't as high as that at all.

Anyway. This is getting long, so here's a pro, I guess: I can tell when I'm flat. Maybe that's not a huge thing, but I see a lot of people who can't tell when they've hit a note slightly wrong or if they're pitchy or anything. But just because I can tell, that doesn't mean I'm always able to change it. X3

So negative and long, orz
Effyness
Effyness
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheEffyness

Back to top Go down

Things you like and things you hate about your voice Empty Re: Things you like and things you hate about your voice

Post by Aziro Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:48 pm

I hate alot about my voice but mainly In voice acting I have a decent range but singing oh dear lord.

All the japanese songs are too high and all the american songs are rediculous.

The only songs my voice can sing comfortably are those sung by women who sing abnormally low or by a japanese/oriental man (American men get to low or high)

It's so annoying cause I go and try to sing a song and it's always out of my range. Like the songs from Full moon wo sagashite done by "Changin' my life' would be considered low for the female voice but I can sing them just fine. T.T
Aziro
Aziro
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Aziro Posts : 780

http://www.freewebs.com/midnightmoonproductions

Back to top Go down

Post by Effyness Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:51 pm

:o I. know. exactly. what. you. mean. Nice to know I'm not alone~ ; u ;
Effyness
Effyness
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheEffyness

Back to top Go down

Post by Aziro Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:55 pm

lol yeah in the singing groups I'm in I always somehow manage to wind up in a leadership position (mod or admin) and people seem to really like my voice but if you go and listen to the songs on my youtube. Out of the like 40 songs I put up I was only able to sing about 2 of those comfortably otherwise I had to go out of my range.

Because of this I used to strain my voice alot but I'm growing more and more used to it so I'm more able to smooth out the sound and make it alittle more nice sounding for the ears ^.^'
Aziro
Aziro
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Aziro Posts : 780

http://www.freewebs.com/midnightmoonproductions

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:57 pm

I like...my range and vibrato
I don't like: my tabre, how whiney I am, how dead and nasal I sound, aaaand idk

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:52 pm

I like: Nothing particular really.
I dislike: I have a very small range, so I can't sing most songs. I also have this accent thing going on that makes anything I sing sound like A@#.
Zero
Zero
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

http://www.vocaloidotaku.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:21 pm

I <3: Everything not mentioned below.
I </3: My voice.

Case closed.

Oh wow, whistle register? I'd kill to be able to do those.
braveheart
braveheart
Talkative

Singing Alias : formerly PREGAP Posts : 496
Post Spammer Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight-KurochiMisa Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:50 pm

Like: Maturity, subtleness, sometimes airiness and how I'm able to hit high notes with ease.

Dislike: A bit TOO mature, can barely hit low notes and cracks.
Moonlight-KurochiMisa
Moonlight-KurochiMisa
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : MoonlightKagomeHimeko/Moonlight/KurochiMisa Posts : 799

Voted YTC Best Singer 2009

http://moonlightkagome.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackRockShooter Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:50 pm

What I hate?XD
When I speak all peeps say that I sound like a duck T^T!
And I don't have this vibrato when I sing D:
I WANT IT X'D And yesh...My voice is so extremly high...that sucks sometimes...

What I like xD
I can sing very high and very deep x3
Thats all
BlackRockShooter
BlackRockShooter
Conversationalist

https://www.youtube.com/blackrockshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikki-chan Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:33 am

XDD This is harder than I thought...

I like....uhmm....my falsetto I guess? I can imitate voice-types quite well, but I can't really sing in them XDD;; And oh! How I can sing with or without an accent (Like, you know how some people sing and they over emphasize the 't' sound? Yeah, I don't do that. XDD;; But I can if I want to)....THAT'S IT. XDDD

I don't like: My crappy vibrato, it just sounds like my voice is wavering. My tiny tiny range. I can sing medium to medium high. WTF IS UP WITH THAT??? XDDD;; I cannot transition between notes properly. I have no training in singing so I can't sing with my diaphragm (It's all in the throat *shot* ) And many many more. ; n ;
Hikki-chan
Hikki-chan
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Rina / ヒちゃん Posts : 294

Banner Design Winner Dec 2009 Banner Decorator * 1 My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:30 am

I kinda like how my voice sounds, it's pretty original and also kinda cute. And that I have a good japanese pronounciation. I can sing fast too and use vibrato. :3

I dislike that I have a pretty small vocal range and I sound really wierd if i try to sing darker, and when going down my voice becomes very quiet... And I want to be able to sing stuff like Meltdown, but I lose the control over my voice >__<

Back to top Go down

Post by (ツ・ω・キ) Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:59 am

i like about my voice is that.. people comment that i sounds cute.. uke style.. but not so like JSR.. i can do a cute female voice.. but still making it smooth.. oh.. i wanna be like sekihan!! the voice~ anyway, i use to sing rap and all.. so.. singing fast it might not be a problem for me(i can sing ura-omote lovers smoothly).

something bad about my voice.. i cant get my voice to sing it sexy.. or hot.. i cant sing a high pitch.. but still i needa practice..

(improving state)
(ツ・ω・キ)
(ツ・ω・キ)
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : ツキ Posts : 662

Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay-Shay Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:19 am

What I like? I have a VERY high vocal range. I swear, with a little breathing exercises before singing, I can hit high notes like in Meltdown and Melt with ease. But I have like absolutely no alto range.

What I don't like? Well, the alto range thing, and that whenever I bring something that isn't supposed to be high into my head voice, it doesn't sound that good. And I have like this really sharp tone to my voice in my head voice, I can't help it. It's hard to describe. I can't sound sweet and soft like most other girls. I can't sing alto, and nothing but meltdown and melt are supposed to be completely in head voice..my head voice screws with every song. I haven't found any song/genre that suits my voice perfectly, (Although God Knows has come pretty close because you are supposed to be screaming the high notes practically anyway) I don't know what it is. It may be not breathing from my diaphragm, but I try so hard to remember to do that...I can't really sing without doing that..so I don't know what it could be...

Sorry if that was confusing.
Jay-Shay
Jay-Shay
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Jay-Shay Posts : 816

Post Spammer Winner My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by ReiYu Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:39 am

I hate.... How femenine I sound, no matter how hard I try. I wanna be able to sound like a guy too! D= And my small range. I mean, It's not like it's teeny tiny, but... It's just that whenever I find a song, if I try boy-range (for example, Kasane Ted range), then it's straining my voice a bit at the low parts and it sounds unnatural and painful. It's the same at the high parts of girl-ranges. So, basically, I've got a foot in both, and can't completely sing either.

I like... Not really anything about it. I guess the fact that it's hard to make it sound whiny?
ReiYu
ReiYu
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Tomoda Yuu Posts : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Suntamukun Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:19 am

What I hate: I hate my timbre...

What I like :

Vocal range, vibrato...and genderbending!!! *runs*
Suntamukun
Suntamukun
Chorus Staff

Singing Alias : すん/suntamu Posts : 376
Dango Daikazoku Chorus CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

Back to top Go down

Post by sakuratine Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:47 am

I don't really hate my voice. XD
At least, I have no choice but to love it. XDD
[and of course, train it. ;D]
hmm... But, my voice is such a spoiled brat, it only sounds good if its in the mood.LOL
also, a bunch of sweets and a couple of cold drink are enough to keep my voice.... harsh and rough. 8D XD
sakuratine
sakuratine
Motor Mouth

Post Spammer Winner Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus

http://twitter.com/sakuratine

Back to top Go down

Post by Pronch Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:28 am

Ha ha ha funny question =D Since I sing but I do not show it on YT you're curious how my voice is; huh? ( NO >:I ) ;_; You're so mean... well umm, I just hate hate hate my voice >:c I sound like a little girl who wants candies ( I want *µ* ) but I don't scream like a girl ( You know, like in MeltDown when Rin screams like a crazy girl or in my Papa's karaoke challenge XD ) this is like ... boy-ish(?). I can't do boy voice indeed ;_; & can't do loli voice ;3; Just sometimes when I'm sick XD This is how my voice is :c Horrible when I sing :'D I'll never show a song that I sang :'D

I love everyone's voice♥️ *o*
Pronch
Pronch
Keyboard Smasher

https://www.youtube.com/user/bakapr

Back to top Go down

Post by Piri Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:42 am

owo but pronch you'll do my karaoke challenge >< hehehe
Piri
Piri
Keyboard Smasher

Singing Alias : Piri Posts : 2248

Post Spammer Winner

https://www.youtube.com/user/domouob

Back to top Go down

Post by Pronch Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 am

shockl8 wrote:owo but pronch you'll do my karaoke challenge >< hehehe
Yes I know Mama. Only this & that's all 8D;;
Pronch
Pronch
Keyboard Smasher

https://www.youtube.com/user/bakapr

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemi Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:54 pm

I hate how I can only really truly shine in love songs/breakup songs.

I like how my voice can just go crazy whenever I need it to. xD
Kemi
Kemi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kemi Posts : 945

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:24 pm

I hate that my voice sounds mature despite my age...T.T and can't genderbend..
WHAT I LOVE IS that I have an awesome vocal range and can scream like in those vocarock songs! XD
kiki
kiki
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : kiki/キキ Posts : 1697

Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/kikipancakes

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:36 pm

I think my voice sounds young for my age. orz It needs to hurry up and develop.
braveheart
braveheart
Talkative

Singing Alias : formerly PREGAP Posts : 496
Post Spammer Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by espeon977 Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:58 pm

My voice is nasal :<

And if it doesn't want to hit certain notes, it cracks, even if it isn't that big of a change from my usual range.

I can make it pretty manry or feminine though :3
espeon977
espeon977
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by JackSparrowRon Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:02 am

kiki wrote:I hate that my voice sounds mature despite my age...T.T and can't genderbend..
WHAT I LOVE IS that I have an awesome vocal range and can scream like in those vocarock songs! XD

Sounding mature despite your age is (what I find) a good thing! =D (Look at Hirano Aya now... *-*)

What I hate: My voice sounds incredibly weak no matter how strong I try to... sing. xD I also have the most fail vocal range in the world O.O *looks at list of hate* There's no way I can possibly write all of those! >.<

What I like: It's soft. xDD
JackSparrowRon
JackSparrowRon
Conversationalist

Sakura No Ame Chorus CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

https://www.youtube.com/user/JackSparrowRon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next