Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Wed May 01, 2024 5:28 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

[CLOSED]"Hikaru Nara - Goose house" - 16 persons chorus[COMPLETE!]

+3
Yukits_
waterstyleXIII
kurawal
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[CLOSED]"Hikaru Nara - Goose house" - 16 persons chorus[COMPLETE!] Empty [CLOSED]"Hikaru Nara - Goose house" - 16 persons chorus[COMPLETE!]

Post by kurawal Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:33 am

old recruitment:

[size=13][color=#000000]Past S[/color][/size][color=#000000]tatus Updates[size=13] (rough mixing progress)[/size][/color]:
[size=10][size=10][size=13][size=10][size=13]UPDATE: 19/Mar: finished another verse![/size][/size]
[/size][/size][/size][size=10][size=13]UPDATE: 29/Mar: finished rough mixing! All files handed over to Yuca, we're currently on mastering progress![/size][/size] :D
IT'S UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
https://soundcloud.com/maatthcha/hikaru-nara-chorus-16-people

Thank you all for participating! It's a though but fun ride. :D

Mixer: {kurawal}
Mastering: ゆ.ca

list of participants:

script:

Last edited by Aerlith on Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:28 am; edited 23 times in total (Reason for editing : IM FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE NO MORE LOOPING KIMI DAYOS FYEAH)
kurawal
kurawal

Singing Alias : {kurawal} Posts : 44

http://soundcloud.com/kurawal/

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED]"Hikaru Nara - Goose house" - 16 persons chorus[COMPLETE!] Empty Re: [CLOSED]"Hikaru Nara - Goose house" - 16 persons chorus[COMPLETE!]

Post by waterstyleXIII Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:58 pm

Is it ok for me to Audition?
^~^
waterstyleXIII
waterstyleXIII
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Krad Posts : 95

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED]"Hikaru Nara - Goose house" - 16 persons chorus[COMPLETE!] Empty Re: [CLOSED]"Hikaru Nara - Goose house" - 16 persons chorus[COMPLETE!]

Post by kurawal Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:39 am

Hello, waterstyleXIII/Krad! Razz 
I'msuuuuuperexcitedwhenIreceivedthee-mailnotificationforreplyhurrhurr

Back to topic, of course it's okay for you to audition! :D
Actually, I'm sorry I didn't phrase it well.
We actually don't require auditioning at all and that's why I said that anyone is welcome to join! Smile
Multiple take + cut is okay too! I understand that not everyone can do it in one shot and be perfect and all that jazz. (please combine your multiple take cuts into one track) I trust you to pick which take that you think is the best Wink

I'll be waiting for your vocal track, thank you for replying. You made my day~ :DD
yes I know I'm addicted to emoticons and super excited and stuffs
kurawal
kurawal

Back to top Go down

Post by waterstyleXIII Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:29 am

hai..is it alright if i pass in raw and wav form?^~^
waterstyleXIII
waterstyleXIII
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by kurawal Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:59 am

Sure!
Lossless format is fine too.
kurawal
kurawal

Back to top Go down

Post by Yukits_ Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:26 am

omg I love Goose House! I'll join it for sure. I'm already singing a duet of this song, but a chorus will be nice too
Yukits_
Yukits_
Fresh off the Boat

Singing Alias : Yukits Posts : 1

https://www.youtube.com/user/theunknownlaurant

Back to top Go down

Post by kurawal Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:59 am

Awwright, thanks for joining in, Yukits!
This is actually my first time hearing Goose house and while I do expect there's multiple people singing the song, I was surprised that the group consists of 7 people. Whoa. (and everyone sings so well *melts) so I just thought that it would be fun to do open chorus that's bigger than my usual chorus size for this song  Happiness 
Sorry for rambling, I'll be looking forward to the file! m(_ _)m

Edit: @Krad and Yukits
Can you write your preferred way to contact you? E-mail, socmeds, chats, YT/SC inbox, any is fine Smile
Thank you!
kurawal
kurawal

Back to top Go down

Post by waterstyleXIII Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:03 pm

ummm.....i prefer skype and fb ^~^...
my skype is kradul-pain 
and my fb is kradful pride 
...also
i just listened goose house and its really catchy.^~^
waterstyleXIII
waterstyleXIII
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by kurawal Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:49 pm

I'm not so active at fb so I told my friend (another one of chorus planner) your fb, her name is Madeline T.
I've searched your id but I can't find your skype.. Maybe you can add me? My id is settei. (with the dot)

Haha this is my first time listening to goose house too, I really liked how lively the song is, so I wanted to cover this song with other people~ Smile
kurawal
kurawal

Back to top Go down

Post by Emi Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:45 pm

Ughhh I love Goose house, and I love this song, and I really love this anime. I'll be submitting once I find time to record! Like, definitely. 
Emi
Emi
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : エミ Posts : 1282

Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant

https://www.youtube.com/c/Vyrai

Back to top Go down

Post by kurawal Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:20 pm

There's still time, so don't sweat it! :D
I'll be waiting then, thanks for joining in, Emi.
May I have your internet contact details?
kurawal
kurawal

Back to top Go down

Post by Emi Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:33 am

I really want to record right now, but I feel like people will kick me because it's 4:30 AM AHAHAH /shot.
Twitter's the easiest way to reach me, since it's linked to my phone. (@vyraii)
But Skype works as well if you like. (MauuChu)
Emi
Emi
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : エミ Posts : 1282

Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant

https://www.youtube.com/c/Vyrai

Back to top Go down

Post by kurawal Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:30 am

Hahahah I know that urge when you want to sing suddenly but everyone is asleep XD the urge to sing doesn't know time lol
Noted! We'll contact you later, feel free to ask anything that you're not sure with, if there's any. :3

Edit: updated the first post!
kurawal
kurawal

Back to top Go down

Post by waterstyleXIII Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:04 am

so when will the script come out.?>v<
waterstyleXIII
waterstyleXIII
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by kurawal Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:41 am

We don't have a script.
All participants are required to sing the song fully and after deadline we'll begin to script it (choosing whose voice gets the part)

It's also a bit hard to script it from the start because we still don't know how many people will submit entries (because we posted at several places too) and some people are affected to sing based on the female/male parts. We also don't know if you're comfortable to sing high/low so we decided to do the scripting after all the voices are collected. Everyone will get equal parts, so please don't worry. Smile

If you have more question, feel free to ask!
kurawal
kurawal

Back to top Go down

Post by chibeh Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:35 am

Omg I wanna join this, I love the song, I love the anime

basically what everyone else in this thread said. lol
chibeh
chibeh

Singing Alias : Ibeh Posts : 33

Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Riyumi Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:43 am

fasdkfjsladkf YES <333 

I actually may be able to do the harmonies for this song (multiple takes of course) if I listen carefully enough since they are easily detectable with their distinct voices :> 

One question, though; I cannot do timing for the life of me--so I'm not sure how I'm going to get this all in one track .__.  would anyone be able to help me with that? xD
Riyumi
Riyumi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Riyumi Posts : 680

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Blind Duets Judge Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

http://duckiii3.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kurawal Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:11 am

@chibeh: You're totally welcome to join! May I ask your contact info? Smile

@Riyumi: my same reaction whenever anyone posted to join the chorus lol > fasdkfjsladkf YES <333

You can do the harmonies? That's awesome!
If you're willing to, would you mind if I put your harmonies as the guide?

Hmm to answer your question, I'm not really sure what you mean by cannot do the timing, do you mean that it's hard to match your singing timing record with the original song?
If so, maybe you can listen to the song while recording, then edit it to have the same timing as the original song. If you're worried to fit the timing of the main vocal and harmonies, it's okay to put it as separate layers, in fact please put multiple layers as separate files. (File A.wav for main vocal, file B.wav for harmony 1, file C.wav for harmony 2, etc.. Make sure that no voices with same timing are blended/rendered into one) as long as your files have the same timing, I don't mind how many files that you would like to send. :D

I hope that isn't too confusing.. English isn't my first language and I tend to ramble when I'm explaining things.. *coughs
Also, may I have your contact info too?

Thank you for joining, chibeh and Riyumi! o/
kurawal
kurawal

Back to top Go down

Post by Riyumi Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:16 am

ahaha no worries! That's how I was like for the first couple of months too whenever someone wanted to work with me :>

The harmonies are quite possible and I don't mind them being put up as a reference--however--disclaimer: I have a bad habit of switching pitches so that it's comfortable for me to sing--so it may not sound super smooth. Also, since I'm doing this by ear and not creating my own, there's a possibility that it's flawed/a merge of harmonies and melodies (I do that sometimes ><;Wink

I think the only difficult part to do the harmonies for is towards the end when everybody comes together and the lower harmonies are pretty much almost undetectable (overpowered by high voices and the guitar). It's not impossible--but it'll definitely take awhile xD

As for the timing--I have no problems with singing on time with the song. What I meant was timing all the files into one track. I used to one shot--a lot, but I noticed that I do better in multiple recordings. Thus, sending in all my parts in one .wav will need the assistance of someone who can time and put all the parts together.

It's no problem! I ramble a lot as well and you're fine~ you're English is clear :> you pretty much answered my question~ thank you ^^  I'll send all the multiple files in one folder then. That clears things up

I'm best reached at 
Riyumi
Riyumi
Motor Mouth

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Blind Duets Judge Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by waterstyleXIII Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:04 pm

hai...last question kurawal-chan....Whens the deadline for the recording?
waterstyleXIII
waterstyleXIII
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by Riyumi Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:14 pm

@Krad I believe the main post said Jan. 31 ;>
Riyumi
Riyumi
Motor Mouth

Back to top Go down

Post by kurawal Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:44 am

Finally got around to upload the instrumental, phew. (Thanks Yuca!)
Here's the link to the off vocal if anyone needs it for reference and stuffs > app. box. com/s/lhlw9fb3dvtq8xuar9v6 (just remove the spaces)
I'll add the link to the first post later >< (there's no edit button at mobile site)
I tend to add details when I the idea hits me so please check back the first post occasionally! Thank you~

@Riyumi: It's such an exciting and happy feeling, hehe :D
This is my first time organizing one so I'm quite worried about how it will go, but I'll try my best!

Switching pitches.. you mean that when you hear the female voice you sing high and the next male voice you switch to low?
Well, there's no guarantee that people will be able to keep singing at their original pitch without switching around (I too sometimes) so that's why I advised to sing the full version so we can choose which parts that people are most comfortable with ;D
Please don't worry about it imperfection too much, I'm already thankful that you're willing to put your harmonies as reference. (I can't even distinguish one.. coughs)

The harmonies are actually low? I kinda thought that the harmonies are geared more to the highs XD /shot
Take your time! :D No rush, don't feel pressured to do it. It's okay if your submission doesn't include harmonies too. You're doing the work so the least I can do is wait patiently Smile

Yeah, in the past I like to one-shot things too 'cause.. Who doesn't like convenience? One time singing and you're done XD
But after a while I think it's better to do multiple takes and practice. It's truthfully more troublesome but it's worth it!
I'll mix your multiple layers of recording into one, leave the mixing to me~

Rambling partners? Rambling partners. *high fives*
Ahaha I like to explain as many aspects as I can, it's good if it answers people problems but the downside is.. I know that it's boring to read my "essays" orz
You're welcome! I'm glad to help you and everyone, feel free to ask if you're confused about something Smile
Yup, send it into one folder or archive (.zip/.rar/.7z)~ multiple link to different uploads are fine too.

I'll remind you when the deadline is approaching!

@Krad: as Riyumi said, it's on 31st January 2015. Smile
kurawal
kurawal

Back to top Go down

Post by kurawal Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:03 am

Sorry for double posting, no edit button at mobile site.
Just an update, after discussing with other chorus staff, we've decided not to recruit mixer due to estimated impractical size of files. It'll be a pain to download and upload the files back.

Will update the thread when I get back at my laptop. Sorry for the inconvinience.
kurawal
kurawal

Back to top Go down

Post by waterstyleXIII Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:16 am

hahaha...ill be passing mine in after exams
waterstyleXIII
waterstyleXIII
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by kurawal Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:34 am

I see, good luck for your exams, Krad!
You can do it o/
kurawal
kurawal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next