Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Wed May 01, 2024 5:28 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

[MONTHLY THEME] May: Roots ~ Due May 31st!

+20
Selpon
Hikari
12enma12
Vorg
Catalyst
raisssssu
InsanityAura
Riyumi
Kagi
ChocoKei
jujubaud
DraceVestell
Aisuu aka RiEDe
Jude-ith
sonic-nancy-fan
Kimoicchi
Onion
mie.
K.Vang
Aerlith
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

[MONTHLY THEME] May: Roots ~ Due May 31st! - Page 3 Empty Re: [MONTHLY THEME] May: Roots ~ Due May 31st!

Post by Vaeli Fri May 30, 2014 9:03 pm

Here is my entry for the monthly theme!

I chose this song because even though I am half Black/Filipino, I never learned Tagalog. It has always bothered me my entire life. Every time I made an attempt to learn, i was always laughed at by my mom and her friends. So, I'm taking pride in knowing I was taught at least one of my native languages and created the English lyrics of the song and covered it. My mind was telling me I should, so this is what happens when I listen to my mind. I'm using it as a way to reach out to my mother and let her know how important something like a language can be to someone.
Vaeli
Vaeli

Singing Alias : Vaeli Posts : 11

Back to top Go down

[MONTHLY THEME] May: Roots ~ Due May 31st! - Page 3 Empty Re: [MONTHLY THEME] May: Roots ~ Due May 31st!

Post by 12enma12 Sat May 31, 2014 7:16 am

*^*/ 随它吧  ~ 随它吧 ~!
// sang the whole chinese ver. instead of mixing it 50:50 Bahasa:Mandarin *lay on the floor*//
~

here's my entry ~ **w/un-proper mixing *shot*

[url=http://www.4shared.com/mp3/mBpH6ZA2ce/SUI_TA_BA.html?] 「JK」随它吧 /Let It Go[Music Box Ver.][/url]
12enma12
12enma12
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : 「JK」 Posts : 294

Dango Daikazoku Chorus SMILING Participant

https://www.youtube.com/12enma12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumoshi Sat May 31, 2014 11:33 am

@KaRei; Coincidentally, we picked the same song to cover xD You sound great in Cantonese <3

My entry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6OLR3N7Jg4
My parents are both from Shanghai, China, so I can sort of understand the Shanghai dialect; however, since I was a spoiled brat and did not go to Chinese school, I barely know any Mandarin. I consider English to be my true native language since I am much more fluent in it than any other language and mainly speak it at home as well. xD I figured it was appropriate, as a Chinese American, to sing a song related to China in English.
Kumoshi
Kumoshi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kumoshi Posts : 1014

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/kaisoumizu

Back to top Go down

Post by Warsfeil Sat May 31, 2014 3:23 pm

Entry: https://soundcloud.com/warsbell/snalla-bli-min-veronica-maggio-cover-warsfeil

aahhh i thought i wouldnt have time to do something but i ended up finishing lines early so I decided to record this as well ehehehe

but yes!! I'm swedish so oblivously I sang something swedish ゜+.ヽ(❀ฺ◕ฺ‿ฺ◕ฺ)ノ.+゜
this is one of my favorite songs, and the girl originally singing it (Veronica Maggio) is one of my fave singers :'3 There's something really?? fragile??? about her voice that I love a lot.... Her live version of this song is just stunning cause her voice carries so much emotion that im just aksjbda && Since I love emotional songs I decided to give it a shot ehehe
Maggio songs in general are really hard to cover cause she sounds amazing & is already perfect for her songs ;u; but since this is a piano version and stuff i!! decided that it doesnt really matter if my voice is different from hers or not ehehe

i-i hope this is enough/alright (*ノェノ) thanks for listening!!
Warsfeil
Warsfeil

Singing Alias : Warsfeil Posts : 43

2nd Place in Blind Duets Blind Duets Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/warsfeil

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ikemen Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:10 am

posting images for jude o ^o 
The Ikemen
The Ikemen
Talkative

Singing Alias : Giusaran Posts : 392

Monthly Theme Participant (1/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude-ith Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:58 am

I had difficulties trying to post my entry last minute so I asked Lan, The Ikemen, to post them up for me.
I know my entry's late, but I still wanted to share. -;w;-
------------
I choose to draw a girl in traditional Khmer clothing after my original plan back fired on me leaving me with pieces of my traditional set. 

~Stuff  somewhat relating to the drawing~
Pose and Dance: The pose comes from a dance intended for the slower Khmer songs. Khmer dances and dancing involve lots of hand movements. Women who perform traditional dances have flexible fingers o:
Hair: Hairstyles that go along with the traditionals are mainly buns, ponytails or curled hair. Bangs are usually pulled back with the up-dos, though if left down they get tucked behind the ear -owo-
Accessories: There's necklaces, bracelets, earrings, hair accessories, and sometimes anklets. I don't think there's much of a big difference except with wedding brides and traditional dancers -o,o- In my parents' wedding photos my mother has jewelry on her upper arm and she had a tiara-looking thing in her hair. Traditional dancers wear Big headpieces.

Jude-ith
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : JudeithK Posts : 153

I'm on the spice rack! Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:42 am

Kaisoumizu wrote:@KaRei; Coincidentally, we picked the same song to cover xD You sound great in Cantonese <3

My entry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6OLR3N7Jg4
My parents are both from Shanghai, China, so I can sort of understand the Shanghai dialect; however, since I was a spoiled brat and did not go to Chinese school, I barely know any Mandarin. I consider English to be my true native language since I am much more fluent in it than any other language and mainly speak it at home as well. xD I figured it was appropriate, as a Chinese American, to sing a song related to China in English.

thanks!  dont worry, i quit chinese school shortly into my second year myself >.>

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:29 am

I usually close the monthly themes the next day when I wake up to accommodate the different timezones, so you're fine, Judeith! And thanks for helping to post, Giu. c:

Thanks to everyone who joined! ^^ The new monthly theme will be up shortly!
Aerlith
Aerlith
Forever messing with staff.
Forever messing with staff.

Singing Alias : Aerlith Posts : 1976
I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/xAerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3