Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] July: Disobedience~Due July 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:43 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:17 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] June: Nature of the World~Due June 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:16 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Fri May 31, 2024 6:05 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Guest Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

What Programs are Used to Make 2d PVs?

2 posters

Go down

Good programs to make PV?

What Programs are Used to Make 2d PVs? Vote_lcap0%What Programs are Used to Make 2d PVs? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What Programs are Used to Make 2d PVs? Vote_lcap0%What Programs are Used to Make 2d PVs? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 0

Poll closed

What Programs are Used to Make 2d PVs? Empty What Programs are Used to Make 2d PVs?

Post by anastascietta Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:52 am

so I want to make a PV, a vocaloid one, that looks professional.
well, not really professional, but at least it has to look good.
can you recommend some programs for me and give me some tutorials of it?

also, I'm wondering if any of you guys have any idea what program(s) does tama and ke-sanbeta use?
i hear that they use after effects, but i have no idea how to use after effects for making a PV Sad

these are some examples of tama's and ke-sanbeta's works:

thankyou :D

anastascietta
Fresh off the Boat

Singing Alias : ananan♠ Posts : 1

Back to top Go down

What Programs are Used to Make 2d PVs? Empty Re: What Programs are Used to Make 2d PVs?

Post by Catalyst Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:36 pm

Yup, it's most likely After Effects~ 
In the PV examples above, it's heavily depending on the artist's pictures.
For example, in Childhood Blues they almost have a full animation video, with the artist drawing all the scenes one by one, then with AE you just need to put all the pictures together and then add subtitles. Of course there are other stuff they do, for example in childhood blues 3:22, on the right they have the artist drawing a frame by frame animation for the flowing hair, in the background they have red particles moving up, a lens flare on the top, and photos dropping down. All these are composed in different layers and needed to make separately~

I'm almost certain that it's not done in iMovie or WMM, flash is also more on movie animations (like cartoons or games), vegas is a good choice for starters, but it lacks the advance features that AE has. Especially in 2:53 (also childhood blues) you see that color split? It's called the twitch effect in After Effects. So I'm pretty sure it's done in AE~
Hope it helps in some way!  ^ ^
Catalyst
Catalyst
Talkative

Singing Alias : Catalyst Posts : 374

SMILING Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/TentaikansokuP

Back to top Go down

What Programs are Used to Make 2d PVs? Empty Re: What Programs are Used to Make 2d PVs?

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:26 pm

For very complex and animation PV's like that, I would say u'd have to be very good with AE ( or even Sony Vegas ) to be able to do that. But AE is generally more used for for those kind of animation that u posted. Plus, even if u get AE it's very difficult to use especially for those who don't know a lot of 2D / 3D animation with a lot of effects added on.

I'd recommend Sony Vegas for very small and basic animation. It's similar like AE, but u're very limited with Sony Vegas unlike AE. But if u're able to build around those limit factors with Sony Vegas, then u can be animating in 2D with just Sony Vegas. It just takes a lot of practice and trial and error to figure out what's good and what's not. It's not easy to have the will to learn, but if u go over step by step with Sony Vegas then once u get AE, it won't seem much of a complicated program to use to make very complex videos. And as Catalyst mentioned, most PVs such as those rely heavly on the artists. U'd would rlly need a dedicated artists who'd be rlly willing to do all that heavy drawing and fram work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down