Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

Your Thoughts on YT Utaite Popularity?

+16
jascarly123zo
NipahDUBS
Akemi
Ai-Say
Jeagerjacques
Seitanoshuuki
Mitsu
Haruna
Kuma-tan
EroJun
AmyAnn
Varu
xShinji
soren
Kaen
Drez
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Your Thoughts on YT Utaite Popularity? Empty Your Thoughts on YT Utaite Popularity?

Post by Drez Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:39 am

Okay, first off let me say this isn't about "HEY YALL LETS GET POPULAR", or
"WHY I NO POPULAR?"Your Thoughts on YT Utaite Popularity? Y-u-noplz more about I want to know people's thoughts on YT Utaite popularity, and what YOU think makes people popular n such xD ALSO note, I'm not popular Utaite Happy Go Lucky just a normal

I made this topic because a friend of mine saw topic concerning this.. Well not entirely, but it just came up in there. Some people were saying that only high view count people could talk to high view count people and only high subbed people could talk to high subbed people. They also said high-sub/view count people would ignore everyone else who didn't get a lot of views or ect. So I just wanted to know people's thought's concerning this.

ALSO no drama intended, I've been around here for 3 years, and I've seen enough drama Sweat

My thoughts; HNNNNNNGH FISH :D
Drez
Drez

Singing Alias : Drez☆ Posts : 42

http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/18440378

Back to top Go down

Your Thoughts on YT Utaite Popularity? Empty Re: Your Thoughts on YT Utaite Popularity?

Post by Kaen Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:11 am

Imma say whuuuut Ha...ha...
Is that what people think?

I mean I'm at the lowest point at the food chain here, but I still got some friends who are up there with a lot more subs/viewcount than I have. Don't believe that popularity matters when making new friends.

I do think the definition of "popular" is a bit vague though. Sometimesthey mean ppl with a lot of subs, or ppl who are in a lot of collabs, or just plainly has a million friends.

Personally, I'm just plain socially awkward when I chat or talk with ppl, that is the main reason why I haven't got many friends whether they are "popular" or not Happy Go Lucky That adding on the fact that I'm not so good at singing results in not so many subs Te-he!

Last edited by Kaen on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Kaen
Kaen
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Kaen Posts : 167

CB (1) Round 1 Blind Duets Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kaen88

Back to top Go down

Your Thoughts on YT Utaite Popularity? Empty Re: Your Thoughts on YT Utaite Popularity?

Post by soren Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:53 am

i'm not popular. and i always being invisible on Youtube Chorus.

only 31 subs is..yeah normal for me 8D;; #shot
My thoughts: oh well Ha...ha...
soren
soren
Talkative

Singing Alias : soren Posts : 536

Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by xShinji Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:10 am

I see the same thing too ~~ But not do I care....as long as Im not like them : ) ...as far as I progressed..I would say alot of friendly people here ^.^
xShinji
xShinji
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : xSenAo Posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Varu Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:19 pm

I don't think its as much as popularity, as it is "vocal recognition" Hyper.
I would say I'm a halfa in all honesty, on the vocal recognition part, but my leaving the scene for so long has gotten me forgotten Happiness.
Varu
Varu
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : VaruHaruka Posts : 317

https://www.youtube.com/user/MegaKenboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyAnn Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:08 pm

Going by personal experience, it's all too accurate. However, cliques are everywhere and it happens even with the voice acting community. It sucks but that's how it is. Besides, if someone is so close-minded that they'll only talk to others with so many subscribers or video views...I want nothing to do with them.
AmyAnn
AmyAnn
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Aimy Posts : 688

Back to top Go down

Post by EroJun Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:23 am

There are a bunch of factors attached to this.. and I don't think it's really that hard if you think about it. A bit late since I don't frequent YTC much anymore but yea. XD

Popularity comes from what others think of you, people have different standards, the kind of contact or whether they'd make contact with you is based on those standards. Basically, what makes you popular? What is it that has that person recognize you? We could list a few:

1. Friends
Having people recognize you as a friend, you can be friends for any reason. Having the same hobbies, in this case, Japanese music is a great asset in having an understanding of what you do, thus being more able to support you in what you do. This could be commenting on your covers, sharing your covers, working on projects together, etc. Your network expands the more relations you create, and that's one way to make you popular.

For those who are already really popular, whether having a big network or not it's natural to be harder to approach to some people. It's the same as getting that nervous feeling when you try to talk to a famous singer.

2. Ability
Having people recognize your abilities, while this could also be a reason for them to want to become your friends it could also lead to being your fan, admirer, or even your enemy. Either way, the more capable you are, the more popular you can become. Ability can be a wide range of skills, in this case it could be singing, mixing, or also simple traits others see in you such as your determination, entertaining approach, team work, dedication, etc.

Simply put, your abilities are what people make you out for.

3. Advertisement
This is a little similar to 1. Friends, the difference being that you are doing the advertising instead of them doing it out of free will. In this case, 2. Ability is strongly connected seeing how that's what you will be advertising. How do you advertise? I'm not an expert or barely even put any effort into that myself but.. in a way everyone is already doing it. Putting a cover on Youtube is advertising your 2. Ability, updating your Twitter or Soundcloud and telling people what you've been up to is advertising your 2. Ability. 3. Advertisement basically means to give people their impression of you.

These are the 3 things I made up on the spot that seemed important in how to gain popularity. What I just did was give you an impression of my 2. Ability by making a post, an 3. Advertisement on these forums while my signature serves as another 3. Advertisement to my covers also known as 2. Ability. Now I'm personally a bit reserved on the 1. Friends part but I wouldn't mind making some new friends too. ^^

EroJun
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : 俊 (Jun) Posts : 97

https://www.youtube.com/user/Junightor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuma-tan Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:38 pm

/account restarted. 8 subs XD. That's below pretty darn normal.
I have to "OTL Wat" the idea of the only high view/sub people only talking to the high view/sub people because well...I used to know someone and talked to that someone with a high view and sub thingymajigg and I guess i did talk to her quite a bit FISH :D . Even still, i guess i started to become pretty freaking paranoid about this kind of thing too(it happens a lot in the world of art ;w;). Anyways, I mean, i feed off people's reactions to my videos/art..It helps me decide to make another piece of my crap or not. /only has about 30-50 views per video and art isn't that great either...

;w; I think it counts for ability mostly. But still, it's just because of the cliques thing that some people may think that "only high view/sub people can talk to high view/sub people." I dunno. I don't really care how high your count is. What matters is if we're ok or not talking to each other. I love you all red luv /slapped.
Kuma-tan
Kuma-tan
iPost'a'Lot

Singing Alias : mir Posts : 3300

Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/Miramiee

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruna Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:14 am

Well, I don't blame them from thinking that way.
They're just lonely. They just feel left out that's why they think that way. So I understand why they think that way. They probably need someone come along appreciate their voice or whatever you're doing~.
And I am not popular stuck with 48subs for like...2years xDD this loli here kind of stop singing..and I lost many uttaite friend already b/c they seem to vanish into thin air idk where they runoff too -w-u...so I just end up animating making new friends from animating Smile
finding something else to makes me feel less lonesome x'D

but it would be nice the popular person or whatever you call them do comment once in awhile to their fans and not just friends. even if there's tooo many comments..at least read through it and thank them through shout out or something...

but I am not going to lie...the stereotypical view is sometimes true.

this is my opinion~
Haruna
Haruna
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : punipuni Posts : 711

Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/KonoeNya

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitsu Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:06 am

Hmm, when it comes to popularity, I think it isn't really popularity everyone wants but recognition o u o You want someone to notice your channel, and your vocal talents, right? ;o

To be "popular", I've heard you just have to make English lyrics for Vocaloid songs, (newer songs if possible), and have a Twitter ;o Then just act really inappropriate and weird on Twitter and be friends with everyone LJFDDSFSDFDSJLOL //shotdead

When it comes to ability, I have seen A LOT of people with tremendous talent who deserve a million subs and people who DO have a million subs but either their personality or vocal ability doesn't deserve it :c So really, it all depends on who you're friends with. If you're friends with a lot of people or you do the thing I said in the previous paragraph, you're sure to get a lot of subs and etc. etc.

I'm not saying that people who do make English lyrics for new songs and are friends with a lot of people don't deserve their subs, it's just that it's very possible to get popular with this way without having much ability.

thispostprobablyoffendedabunchofpeoplebutimjuststatingmyopinion //fleeeee
Mitsu
Mitsu
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : mitsu Posts : 198

https://www.youtube.com/user/xRaemii?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Seitanoshuuki Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:02 pm

I feel like this could get out of hand really quickly, but whatever. Happiness

I think Jun-kun summarized it pretty well. I aimed there once, getting caught up in all the Twitter/friend-making stuff, and got myself over 100 subs. At the same time, though, I feel like it consumed my life and I needed to be on Twitter or Skype all the time. Now that I've been out of it for some time, despite all the subs I have, I've a pretty good hunch that not many people listen to my uploads anymore.

Truth of the matter, huh?

I was considering starting from scratch again, actually - make a new YT account and pretend not to know anyone, and then I realized that I'd probably be getting 10 hits per video kinda thing. Ha...ha... Although I don't care too much for being the center of attention, I do put effort into my covers, and getting only 10 views (half of them from me) would be kinda disheartening. >__>

To be honest, as long as you are open and cheerful, I don't think it's difficult to work the social circles. But. It takes too much effort~ Happy Go Lucky

#carefree guy
Seitanoshuuki
Seitanoshuuki
Keyboard Smasher

Singing Alias : Shuuki (秋記) Posts : 2173

YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/SeitanoShuuki?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeagerjacques Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:13 am

Seitanoshuuki wrote:I feel like this could get out of hand really quickly, but whatever. Happiness

I think Jun-kun summarized it pretty well. I aimed there once, getting caught up in all the Twitter/friend-making stuff, and got myself over 100 subs. At the same time, though, I feel like it consumed my life and I needed to be on Twitter or Skype all the time. Now that I've been out of it for some time, despite all the subs I have, I've a pretty good hunch that not many people listen to my uploads anymore.

I was considering starting from scratch again, actually - make a new YT account and pretend not to know anyone, and then I realized that I'd probably be getting 10 hits per video kinda thing. Ha...ha... Although I don't care too much for being the center of attention, I do put effort into my covers, and getting only 10 views (half of them from me) would be kinda disheartening. >__>

To be honest, as long as you are open and cheerful, I don't think it's difficult to work the social circles. But. It takes too much effort~ Happy Go Lucky

#carefree guy

All my feels with Shuu's post. ;A;
Jeagerjacques
Jeagerjacques
Talkative

Singing Alias : IZA★ Posts : 348

http://honeystars.blog131.fc2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seitanoshuuki Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:48 pm

Jeagerjacques wrote:
Seitanoshuuki wrote:I feel like this could get out of hand really quickly, but whatever. Happiness

#carefree guy

LOL Speaking of which, I remember listening to your Virgin Suicides cover because it was retweeted by someone on my timeline. 8DDD

I really enjoyed it, though. I remember being surprised by the quality of the cover. <3 www

People, this (^) is how you do it. 8D This person here has just earned herself another sub.

//brickedtodeath
Seitanoshuuki
Seitanoshuuki
Keyboard Smasher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeagerjacques Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:47 am

Seitanoshuuki wrote:
Jeagerjacques wrote:

#carefree guy

LOL Speaking of which, I remember listening to your Virgin Suicides cover because it was retweeted by someone on my timeline. 8DDD

I really enjoyed it, though. I remember being surprised by the quality of the cover. <3 www

People, this (^) is how you do it. 8D This person here has just earned herself another sub.

//brickedtodeath

!!!!! Ah... waaah... thanks! shy shy *doesn't know how to take compliments lol*

But yeah everything that you wrote down, I kind of felt. xD Even that starting over with no one knowing. I really just got to a point of not wanting to post stuff since no one would pay attention anyway since I'm not really the friendliest person around.... >< (And keeping up with skype calls / convos... I dunno how people do it) And that's very true about people who sub, a lot of them don't really listen after anyway. xD

Ah, it's hard to be unpopular. xD I don't blame people who want to be popular though, but I hope they don't get too worked up on it to the point of sacrificing truly important things in life, because at the end of the day, this is just a hobby. We'll all leave it someday. xD

Jeagerjacques
Jeagerjacques
Talkative

Singing Alias : IZA★ Posts : 348

http://honeystars.blog131.fc2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:31 am

I-I am not sure where I stand on the popularity hierarchy in the community..!!
How do you measure popularity? M-my friend are popular.. OAO)v+!

But it's pretty obvious you can't just make yourself popular by wanted popularity. Popularity isn't boxed and shipped to you after it's ordered. Also it's sorta obnoxious when people say they want to get noticed but stand idle.

Also being good doesn't make you popular. Because if you've wronged someone/some people within the community.. word spread quickly throughout 'inner' community; not many people will want to associate themselves with you or befriend you. Your name is dead.

ah, I don't wanna type too much haha~♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Varu Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:03 pm

^^^ Do I see hints TEHE ?
I think I'm one of those people HAHA neko.
After all, you can't get along with everyone lol xD
Varu
Varu
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Seitanoshuuki Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:59 pm

yanovi wrote:I-I am not sure where I stand on the popularity hierarchy in the community..!!
How do you measure popularity? M-my friend are popular.. OAO)v+!

But it's pretty obvious you can't just make yourself popular by wanted popularity. Popularity isn't boxed and shipped to you after it's ordered. Also it's sorta obnoxious when people say they want to get noticed but stand idle.

Also being good doesn't make you popular. Because if you've wronged someone/some people within the community.. word spread quickly throughout 'inner' community; not many people will want to associate themselves with you or befriend you. Your name is dead.

ah, I don't wanna type too much haha~♥
Haha. I think we've all heard of Yanovi. 8D (Or her hair buns, at least. //bricked) xD

But yeah, the point about reputation is really true. It does you little good to be a jerk to everyone. @.@ At the same time, though, I also hear not-so-positive things about so-called popular people by people outside of their circle.

I'd like it if you could simply be sincere and be taken as such.

EDIT: Re:Varu's post above

I think it's definitely fine to not get along with everyone. You can't stay true to yourself and do that. It's enough to present yourself as tolerable and avoid hard-line confrontations, right? =/
Seitanoshuuki
Seitanoshuuki
Keyboard Smasher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:03 pm

Varu wrote:^^^ Do I see hints TEHE ?
I think I'm one of those people HAHA neko.
After all, you can't get along with everyone lol xD
Ah, I wasn't thinking about you specifically..! LOL sorry if it made it seem that way!!!

But I don't understand when you say "You can't get along with everyone"... because didn't you among some other youtubers did say you wouldn't be friends with anyone with a certain sexuality...

It's sorta hard to be popular when you (among others) will blatantly say you will not associate yourself with people of a certain sexual orientation. >< A large part of youtube is not heterosexual, even more so the more "inner circle people". OTL

No offense to your upbringing and personal beliefs of what is right and wrong when it comes to love. ;u;

@shuu ;A;<3 hi i love you LOL♥️♥️♥️

Back to top Go down

Post by Seitanoshuuki Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:32 pm

@Varu: I'm pretty sure at one point I declined some overture of friendship on your part because of that statement. o~o I apologize. I didn't mean to imply that I didn't want to associate with you, etc., but I was uncomfortable with it because I have friends who are not heterosexual.

@Yano: lol I love you too, Yano. 8D
Seitanoshuuki
Seitanoshuuki
Keyboard Smasher

Back to top Go down

Post by Ai-Say Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:36 am

Pretty interesting thread if I may say so myself~ sweet

I find it real funny that with popularity there comes the so called "barrier" or social standings whatsoever. And I don't get it how these "non-famous" utaites get all bitter with the number of subscribers they have. I mean, it's a start. Those "famous" utaites had to start somewhere too, right?

Instead of counting the number of superficial supporters you gain through success, why not count the friends you meet on the way ~? Not saying it's wrong to be affected by the subscribers you have since y'know, it may also be a way of pushing you to do more, but where's the fun if you strive alone?

Okay okay, I'm getting way off topic now~ TEHE

Anyway, barriers aren't real. "Famous utaites" are people too. Feel free to hit them up if you want to converse. Just don't expect as much attention as the others give you~ haha

But I gotta agree with Mitsu. 1st, some "famous utaites" may not notice it but others may tend to judge their actions very easily. They're supposed to be "role models" after all. However, what some of us see are just immodest attention seeking tweets or tweets that tend to direct themselves to specific people. Being famous doesn't necessarily mean since many support you, you can do anything you want and expect these supporters to accept everything you do to be okay. That's why the more known you get, the more you have to be a bit more sensitive with what you say and do. Maybe that's why people think there's a barrier going on.

And secondly, it's true how there're much more talented singers that need to be exposed. It's just that they're a 'lil timid to actually come out of their comfort zones.

Pretty much, that's how you get noticed. We live in a world full of talented people. The only way to get noticed is to be confident. fishy face

Hey, everyone gets their chance~ pink luv
Ai-Say
Ai-Say
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Ai-Say/あいか Posts : 214

https://www.youtube.com/user/AikaLockheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Akemi Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:24 am

I've only read like... 2, 3 posts of this thread so no idea how the current discussion is going on but I wanna have my say:

The idea of: "higher sub people only talk to higher sub people and ignore the rest" - IS EXTREME GENERALISATION.

I mean, I'm friends/acquainted with a few people whose subs are in the thousands. And how I got to know them are basically from chatting to them on YT, twitter etc etc.

And from what I can see from my experience, they do not straight out ignore people JUST BECAUSE they have a lower sub count. You have to probably send them something other than "OMFG I LOVE YOUR VOICE BE MY FRIEND" so that they can reply to with a longer message and get to know you better.

Sure, there are people who will ignore strangers they don't recognise, but that is not limited to "higher sub count" people. I see people who have just joined the fandom and being extremely exclusive/clique - and still that is totally understandable.

But yea - just wanted to get it off my chest - "popular" people are not monsters sitting on their throne waiting to slash at anyone approaching :p
Akemi
Akemi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Akemi Posts : 877

Sakura No Ame Chorus CB (1) Round 1

https://www.youtube.com/user/Akemi2407

Back to top Go down

Post by Varu Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:12 am

[quote="yanovi"][/quote]
Hey hey, don't worry about it!
Everyone has a right to their opinion. Happiness
Varu
Varu
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by NipahDUBS Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:44 pm

I am a supposed "popular" utaititttitytyty and I try to talk to everyone and reply to all the messages I get /o/ But thats just me . w .)
NipahDUBS
NipahDUBS
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Nya Nya! Posts : 301

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/nipahdubs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ai-Say Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:04 am

@Nipah: and Ai luffs you for that ~ red luv sweet //shotdead
Ai-Say
Ai-Say
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Ai-Say/あいか Posts : 214

https://www.youtube.com/user/AikaLockheart

Back to top Go down

Post by soren Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:28 pm

Well, for me... being not so popular or popular isn't necesarry. Because we're people. Humans. And there's no different between us oxo

agree to Akemi and Aika, maybe we have to greet them and tell them that we want to be his/her friends. It's not a bad idea, isn't it? :3

And for now, no comment. Again. //shot Happy Go Lucky
soren
soren
Talkative

Singing Alias : soren Posts : 536

Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next