Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Wed May 01, 2024 5:28 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

The Unpopular Opinion!

+30
[★] Winter
LiteS0ul
Kuma-tan
Jeagerjacques
Hikari
Harhu
Pamken29
CumquackSpyro
Azura
K0k0n0t2u
kiki
HanaRyuu15
Onion
mong
Menolly-hime
Aniki
★ サンゴ チルー
Xephy
Agito
Shuya
EroJun
Hazel
Seitanoshuuki
Kago
Una
jascarly123zo
Rika-Rika
HanyouGirl
AmyAnn
✖laurel✖
34 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Unpopular Opinion!  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Unpopular Opinion!

Post by Agito Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:17 am

Korea is overrated.

IDK if it's only in my college or what, but every time my friends comment on beautiful girls, they'd say "She looks like Korean girls." And every time they comment on handsome boys, they'd say "He looks like Korean boys." Seriously, non-Korean are also beautiful and handsome.
Agito
Agito
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : アギト/AGITO Posts : 1267

http://cynara77.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seitanoshuuki Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:34 am

^Haha. Being part Korean myself, I can't really complain. 8D But I do think that Korean idols are really.... too SHINY. @_@ The music isn't terrible - some of it is quite decent, actually - and the people are definitely (for the most part) quite good-looking, but... <_< It feels like such a rigid mold to fall into. >_<
Seitanoshuuki
Seitanoshuuki
Keyboard Smasher

Singing Alias : Shuuki (秋記) Posts : 2173

YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/SeitanoShuuki?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:52 am

I find Korean group bands annoying and overrated. Group bands are increasing by the day and some of the songs don't even sound nice QAQ
I prefer Korean solo artists though since they could actually sing 8DD
kiki
kiki
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : kiki/キキ Posts : 1697

Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/kikipancakes

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyAnn Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:22 am

TaeYang <3

I hate that almost all western songs nowadays are about sex and "pimping yo bitches". Seriously, what happened to songs being poetry?
AmyAnn
AmyAnn
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Aimy Posts : 688

Back to top Go down

Post by HanyouGirl Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:25 am

I have to admit that I hate all english music right now cause it just all sounds.... the same, I really hate LMFAO, it's just >.< GRR!

But I'd probably like it if it were in Korean or Japanese... I'm so biased.

AmyAnn wrote:TaeYang <3
times infinity
HanyouGirl
HanyouGirl
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : HanYo Posts : 1012

My YTC Story SMILING Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/xoxHanyouGirlxox?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by K0k0n0t2u Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:41 am

AmyAnn wrote:I hate that almost all western songs nowadays are about sex and "pimping yo bitches". Seriously, what happened to songs being poetry?

I know, it's so much about sex that my brother actually like a song (or rap) called The (inappropriate word starting with an F) -ing song. are you serious?
K0k0n0t2u
K0k0n0t2u
Talkative

Singing Alias : Zirrei (ジッレイ) Posts : 357

https://www.youtube.com/user/IchigirlMew2

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyAnn Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:29 pm

^ lol?

It's just irritating because my sister was singing such songs when she was five. It's horrible that that is how songs are nowadays.
AmyAnn
AmyAnn
Motor Mouth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:46 pm

Seitanoshuuki wrote:^Haha. Being part Korean myself, I can't really complain. 8D But I do think that Korean idols are really.... too SHINY. @_@ The music isn't terrible - some of it is quite decent, actually - and the people are definitely (for the most part) quite good-looking, but... <_< It feels like such a rigid mold to fall into. >_<
*SHINee /shot
IT NEEDED TO BE DONE

And for some reason, there are a surprising number of Korean lookalike celebrities
it must be the plastic surgery

I think that there are a lot of talented Korean artists - there's a reason why they're popular oAo)b Aside from singing ability (or lack thereof? cx) or good looks, you see a lot of HUGE idol groups (upwards of 10 members?) that can sing/dance well (and dance in sync! It amazes me to no end *u*)

I also wish that more western music was... musical. I mean, I get that dance music with a nice beat and catchy melodies are fun to listen to, but they're just too simple and repetetive to really appreciate :I It also doesn't help if the majority of these songs are about getting drunk or partying all night on the dancefloor - I mean really? Your composition is already shallow, so do you need to make your message shallow too? oAo

*and of course I'm not saying this applies to all western music ^^
There are a lot of western artists I really like as well <3

Last edited by ✖✖keiei on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Seitanoshuuki Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:21 pm

^Yeah, I actually considered "SHINEE" instead of "SHINY" when I was writing it. 8D As I've said, I actually quite enjoy Kpop. ...No comments on the plastic surgery. ...I give up. >_>

But Korean dancing is amazing! *A* The entertainment industry is huge in Korea, so there would definitely be demand, but I totally agree that there are lots of talented artists there.

To be honest, I don't even bother listening to Western music lately. -_-" So disenchanted... I really, really loved the classics, though. Things like Unchained Melody, Say You Say Me (...I feel like I just dated myself...), etc. Those were some brilliantly composed/sung pieces.
Seitanoshuuki
Seitanoshuuki
Keyboard Smasher

Singing Alias : Shuuki (秋記) Posts : 2173

YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/SeitanoShuuki?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:15 pm

Oh, another thing on English mainstream music nowadays: I don't like remixes. Really, I like the Dead or Alive "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)" vs Flo-Rida's "You Spin My Head Right Round." I mean, the remix is about sex (like most songs these days). Personally, I just plug in my iPod into the car now. Radio is...fail unless listening at night to the 90's classics 8D
Hazel
Hazel
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Hazel Posts : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Azura Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:38 pm

Ooh, what a lovely topic. Rant time, I guess o3o
(don't shoot me!)
I...
HATE...
LEN!

I can't stand his voice, his design, his shota image, his fanbase, or practically ANY of his songs. All of them to me are lame, or meh at best.
Spice!, Aku no Meshitsukai, Migikata no Chou, Fire Flower, Discotheque Love, Gemini...you name it, I probably am not fond of it if it includes Len. I just don't like anything about him.

EDIT: Also, about the usage of Japanese in regular English...
I have a best friend who is Japanese as well as close family friends from Japan. As such, I've picked up a lot of Japanese from them. I think it's perfectly fine to throw it in there sometimes (My sister randomly speaks German because she took it in school) as long as you're in a crowd that gets it or you're willing to explain. Of course, I think that if you're going to quip in another language, you should know what you're saying. I wouldn't DARE to randomly say "génial" or something Confused That's just silly as I don't speak ANY French (I literally only know that and bonjour Sweat)

Last edited by Azura on Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:46 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding things o3o)
Azura
Azura
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Azura | アズラ Posts : 131
Location : Right next to you. No, your other left! Nope, over here!

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheHanyouKitten

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyAnn Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:21 pm

^ I have agree on that. To be honest, though, he does get some of the better songs that I love. His append is so much better, though. I prefer that to the original.

That being said: I can't stand Miku. I honestly never saw the appeal of her. I can't stand quite alot of her songs and, if I do like them, it's because I heard another Vocaloid cover it first. I honestly will turn a song off if it is sung by Miku because I just can't stand her voice.

Now, MEIKO. I absolutely love her.
AmyAnn
AmyAnn
Motor Mouth

Back to top Go down

Post by Kago Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:19 pm

^ Agree. Although not as strong as yours.

I don't understand why Miku is so famous. I think she is a little over-rated. Although, some of her songs are nice to me o.o. But I think if given to other vocaloids to sing it, it wont lose to hers as well.
Kago
Kago
Talkative

Singing Alias : Kago / カゴ Posts : 569

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kago4eva?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Agito Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:57 am

^ I think Miku is popular because technically speaking, she's easy to be used. I have several friends who use many Vocaloid, and when I asked them why they use Miku very often, they said it's because Miku is easy to be used. That's why producers use her more often than the others. When you already have the lyrics and the melody, you don't want any singer to screw it up, right?

And about western music, I also don't really understand it nowadays. I still listen to them, but only a little. In fact, I started to listen to old songs, from around 2000. I miss Savage Garden, The Calling, and Suede.
Agito
Agito
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : アギト/AGITO Posts : 1267

http://cynara77.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Azura Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:02 am

^I will admit, I actually absolutely adore Miku. I love her image, her voice, her fans, and her general existence. I think she is the reason behind the huge success of Vocaloid. She is (as stated above) easy to use, well known, and suited for many different songs styles (despite her being marketed for J-pop). Her append is also notably amazing, definitely outperforming the Kagamine's in versatility and realism, despite the fact it is older. I think that she is the very best Vocaloid ever made, and the shining star of the software. That's not to say that the other Vocaloids or even UTAUs aren't worth mention- I'm also quite fond of Meiko, Rin, Luka, Kaito, Gakupo, Gumi, Nekomura, Ruko, and Teto. I am not a fan of Lily, however. Or Yuki or Kiyoteru or Miki, for that matter.
Azura
Azura
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Azura | アズラ Posts : 131
Location : Right next to you. No, your other left! Nope, over here!

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheHanyouKitten

Back to top Go down

Post by CumquackSpyro Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:07 am

Azura wrote:^I will admit, I actually absolutely adore Miku. I love her image, her voice, her fans, and her general existence. I think she is the reason behind the huge success of Vocaloid. She is (as stated above) easy to use, well known, and suited for many different songs styles (despite her being marketed for J-pop). Her append is also notably amazing, definitely outperforming the Kagamine's in versatility and realism, despite the fact it is older. I think that she is the very best Vocaloid ever made, and the shining star of the software. That's not to say that the other Vocaloids or even UTAUs aren't worth mention- I'm also quite fond of Meiko, Rin, Luka, Kaito, Gakupo, Gumi, Nekomura, Ruko, and Teto. I am not a fan of Lily, however. Or Yuki or Kiyoteru or Miki, for that matter.

I perticually in fond of all Vocaloid, even Utau. It doesn't matter what anybody says about who they love or who they hate, it's their opinion that matters.
CumquackSpyro
CumquackSpyro
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Spyro/CumQuack Posts : 203

Back to top Go down

Post by Pamken29 Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:57 pm

I dont get how 12+ year olds and such think having sex is fun... And that it will make you popular... ITS FOR REPRODUCTION..... Not some kind of guy/chick magnet or whatever... Go play with some Play-Doh or something.. (even tho I am 13.. Im ranting about 12+ year olds xD;)
Tho I get a feeling it was influenced by the modern American music.. Idk.. 8'|
Pamken29
Pamken29
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Natsuu / Natsu Posts : 1194

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/NatsuuReikuu

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyAnn Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:45 pm

^ I was going to actually say that earlier that it is mostly due to musical and media influence but wasn't sure how people would take it.
AmyAnn
AmyAnn
Motor Mouth

Back to top Go down

The Unpopular Opinion!  - Page 2 Empty Rebecca Black vs Nyan Nyan Cat?

Post by Harhu Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:29 pm

I liked Friday from Rebbecca Black. While its probably a horrid thing to admit, I do enjoy listening to it. Although, i find that I usually listen to it on any day other then Friday though.... I like repetitive music. Like that Nyan Nyan Poptart Cat thingy.
Harhu
Harhu
Fresh off the Boat

Singing Alias : Harhu Posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Kago Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:24 am

Pamken29 wrote:I dont get how 12+ year olds and such think having sex is fun... And that it will make you popular... ITS FOR REPRODUCTION..... Not some kind of guy/chick magnet or whatever... Go play with some Play-Doh or something.. (even tho I am 13.. Im ranting about 12+ year olds xD;)

-Shakes hand-

What are kids thinking these days The Unpopular Opinion!  - Page 2 236516
Kago
Kago
Talkative

Singing Alias : Kago / カゴ Posts : 569

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kago4eva?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:58 am

Kago wrote:
Pamken29 wrote:I dont get how 12+ year olds and such think having sex is fun... And that it will make you popular... ITS FOR REPRODUCTION..... Not some kind of guy/chick magnet or whatever... Go play with some Play-Doh or something.. (even tho I am 13.. Im ranting about 12+ year olds xD;)

-Shakes hand-

POGSDIAJOASFIJ SO MANY PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IT IN CLASS, IT'S SO ANNOYING. LIKE IT'S A GAME OR SUMMAT. Sweat
And when we were doing Science, and we had to watch a clip about it, the boys were saying "Woooo!" and "GET IN THERE!" and ETC ETC. Ughughugh, it hurts my BRAINSISNSISSS. "orz
Stupid American music. This is why I love Vocaloid music, it has MEANING behind it, and it's not about things that influence you to do wrong.

As for Rebecca Black, and I may as well just throw in Justin Bieber as well, I don't particularly like there music, but I think they've done well. They did something about their voice, and they got famous. And I totally respect them for that. Just because they released a song that the majority of people didn't like, and used autotune, doesn't mean that you should hate them so badly. It's cyber-bullying. I'm totally against that.
So, good for those two and may they continue their career safely.
Hikari
Hikari
Keyboard Smasher

Singing Alias : ❄ヒカリ Posts : 1958

Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4)

https://www.youtube.com/c/hikariboo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onion Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:44 pm

Hikari wrote:
Kago wrote:

-Shakes hand-

POGSDIAJOASFIJ SO MANY PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IT IN CLASS, IT'S SO ANNOYING. LIKE IT'S A GAME OR SUMMAT. Sweat
And when we were doing Science, and we had to watch a clip about it, the boys were saying "Woooo!" and "GET IN THERE!" and ETC ETC. Ughughugh, it hurts my BRAINSISNSISSS. "orz
Stupid American music. This is why I love Vocaloid music, it has MEANING behind it, and it's not about things that influence you to do wrong.

As for Rebecca Black, and I may as well just throw in Justin Bieber as well, I don't particularly like there music, but I think they've done well. They did something about their voice, and they got famous. And I totally respect them for that. Just because they released a song that the majority of people didn't like, and used autotune, doesn't mean that you should hate them so badly. It's cyber-bullying. I'm totally against that.
So, good for those two and may they continue their career safely.
Most boys (not influenced by good things ex. vocaloid anime video games other than COD or Halo) that reach the age of 13+ turn into pigs.
Onion
Onion
*~Sparkling Mixer~*

Singing Alias : Onion Posts : 4112

I'm on the spice rack! Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story Blind Duets Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/SeirenOnion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeagerjacques Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:11 am

My unpopular opinion is that unpopular opinions don't have to be negative. Happy Go Lucky
Jeagerjacques
Jeagerjacques
Talkative

Singing Alias : IZA★ Posts : 348

http://honeystars.blog131.fc2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuma-tan Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:43 pm

Umm.. I dont like Monkeys. I just have to say that. Like really. Monkeys are cool and all but i just dont like them. ;A; Sorry
Monkey lovers but i really hate monkeys for no apparent reasons. AND NO BASHING ON ME. I have my likes and dislike but i dont like monkeys. Well, certain monkeys i just dont mind. but one specific species just creeps me the eff out. Im sorry ;A;.

Other than that i really do like beetles Smile and things like salamanders but like not monkeys. I also think that...umm some dubs are really good? I'm serious like some anime dubs have been really good. Dont bash on me because some dubs i just cant stand but i do love dubs. One of my first animes that started me out with drawing was Fruits Basket. IT was the dub and i thought the MC's voice was really good. I mean i tried it out myself and its actually hard(either that or i suck hard XD lol thats what she said.). But like i cant bash on that one. I actually liked it.

Sorry if i disgust you.
Kuma-tan
Kuma-tan
iPost'a'Lot

Singing Alias : mir Posts : 3300

Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/Miramiee

Back to top Go down

Post by ✖laurel✖ Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:08 am

Jeagerjacques wrote:My unpopular opinion is that unpopular opinions don't have to be negative. Happy Go Lucky
THIS. Just remember guys, this is NOT a bashing thread...
✖laurel✖
✖laurel✖

Singing Alias : l a u r e l Posts : 32

https://www.youtube.com/user/hainexhanon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next