Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Wed May 01, 2024 5:28 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

The Unpopular Opinion!

+30
[★] Winter
LiteS0ul
Kuma-tan
Jeagerjacques
Hikari
Harhu
Pamken29
CumquackSpyro
Azura
K0k0n0t2u
kiki
HanaRyuu15
Onion
mong
Menolly-hime
Aniki
★ サンゴ チルー
Xephy
Agito
Shuya
EroJun
Hazel
Seitanoshuuki
Kago
Una
jascarly123zo
Rika-Rika
HanyouGirl
AmyAnn
✖laurel✖
34 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Unpopular Opinion!  Empty The Unpopular Opinion!

Post by ✖laurel✖ Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:00 am

Alright, this should be interesting!
This is a place where you can state your opinion with no fear of being flamed, no matter how unpopular your opinion may be.
There are only a few rules:

1. no spam.
2. no flaming.
3.nothing too personal. Don't come here to bash people from youtube.

And that's it! Feel free to let your opinions run wild!
✖laurel✖
✖laurel✖

Singing Alias : l a u r e l Posts : 32

https://www.youtube.com/user/hainexhanon

Back to top Go down

The Unpopular Opinion!  Empty Re: The Unpopular Opinion!

Post by ✖laurel✖ Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:03 am

I'll start by saying:

Ke$ha is NOT as bad as lots of people think she is. Yes, her music may portray her as being a slut who parties all night, but you know what?

without auto tune, her voice isn't that bad. In fact, it's quite good! If you go to her channel, she has some songs of her without auto tune.

I just think that she doesn't deserve all the hate she gets.
✖laurel✖
✖laurel✖

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyAnn Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:42 am

I can't stand hearing about Harry Potter just as much as I can't stand hearing about Twilight.

I'll admit, I am sick and tired of both series'. However, I could at least tolerate Harry Potter until this last movie came out. One of my friends actually cried just because it was the final movie and no more would be made. Lighten up, it's just a story. Besides, if you've read the book you know what happens.

As for Twilight, I hate the fanbase and, to me, it's just a story of a bland girl having to choose between necrophilia and bestiality.
AmyAnn
AmyAnn
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Aimy Posts : 688

Back to top Go down

Post by HanyouGirl Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:18 pm

^ I agree with AmyAnn about Harry Potter and Twilight, I'll admit that I love Neville Longbottom and Luna Lovegood but they're just brilliant characters. I only watch HP cause of Neville. XDD

I really hate Black Eyed Peas.

Where is the love was a good song and they've done nothing good since then. They seem so desperate to appear cool and popular that all their music just annoys me and I can't stand them. Everything they do feels over produced as if they are so desperate to seem cool and ahead of the trend..... but failing to do so.

(Good idea for a topic)
HanyouGirl
HanyouGirl
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : HanYo Posts : 1012

My YTC Story SMILING Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/xoxHanyouGirlxox?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Rika-Rika Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:29 pm

YAY! DON'T KILL MEH BUUUUT!
><

Harry Potter is annoying, and the ending sucked because he could of just stabbed him in the eye as they were falling and then burn him...cause he can't see.... =x
Rika-Rika
Rika-Rika
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : ....r..Rika? O_ Posts : 114
Location : Right next to you... NAH XD in my house currently! =)

Back to top Go down

Post by jascarly123zo Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:53 am

Omy my god, eveyone's going to kill me, but I don't think Justin Bieber's all that bad..../brick'ed..or worse

Sure, he may sound like a girl, but that's because he didn't go through puberty when he recorded at the time, and to be serious (and i'm not serious that often xD), I really like his song Pray....not in a fangirl way of course, but it made me cry.

T^T DUN HIT MEH!
jascarly123zo
jascarly123zo
Keyboard Smasher

Singing Alias : Jasmine Posts : 2336

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWR6WqWK9n6t1cWPnqB0zpg

Back to top Go down

Post by Una Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:38 am

Most current English songs are overrated. All about sex, money, love, partying.
Sure, there are songs that actually encourage and inspire you. But seriously.

Also. I dislike how regular listeners (like, those who don't know much about music) come to a conclusion that auto-tune is bad and that people who use it can't sing. Generalization much. Auto-tune can pretty much make or break a song depending on when it used, how it is used and who uses it.

They also think that using auto-tune can immediately make it sound like a person can sing. Pffft. Not even. Just makes them sound five times worse.
Una
Una
Talkative

My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1

https://www.youtube.com/user/Unawhut

Back to top Go down

Post by Kago Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:02 am

Rebecca black isnt all that horrible (don't kill me for it.) infact, her new song is quite nice O.O

I admire her for her courage. Being able to stand up to millions of haters and continue to sing isn't easy for a 13 - 14 year old girl! I mean, if it was me or probably 90% of the people out there, you guys would have just hide in your room all day and be afraid someone is going to kill you just because your 1st song sounds horrible (She has received death threat letters). I know the song sounds bad. I hate the lyric. But seriously, her 2nd song has improved so much! Listen it Here!

I hate it when people disliked her videos just because her 1st song was bad.
I'm not saying that I LOVE the new song, but I just find it more appealing than Friday. (Plus, the song is clearly sang to all the haters that she has LOL)

I personally find Jenne Rose more horrible than Rebecca Black =_= If you hadn't heard of her, here you go.

My Jeans - Youtube Link, My Jeans

Edit: She actually does sound a little better without Autotune =_= - YT Video here. But meh, I still don't really like her.

Just my opinion @_@

Last edited by Kago on Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:39 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Add in abit more points.)
Kago
Kago
Talkative

Singing Alias : Kago / カゴ Posts : 569

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kago4eva?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyAnn Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:31 am

Una wrote:Also. I dislike how regular listeners (like, those who don't know much about music) come to a conclusion that auto-tune is bad and that people who use it can't sing. Generalization much. Auto-tune can pretty much make or break a song depending on when it used, how it is used and who uses it.

They also think that using auto-tune can immediately make it sound like a person can sing. Pffft. Not even. Just makes them sound five times worse.

I have to add into this as a person who dislikes autotune. The way I see it, autotune is nice for an effect on a few parts or even on backing sounds [Such as "Ah"s or something] but when a person makes a song and every part of their vocals is autotuned...I can't stand it. That goes for fandubs, too. If you can work it properly then it can sound great when used on the right song or right part but alot of people have no clue how to work it properly and it ruins the song for me. Whenever I hear a cover go until the first chorus with autotune, I have to click it off. I just can't stand it being used like that. That is, however, my personal opinion.

Also, another thing I dislike which people will have discovered in a chat last night : Using Japanese terms and honorifics when you don't speak Japanese nor know past a few words or phrases.
Sure, this forum is based around Japanese music mainly and people like discussing characters and anime [heck, look at my sig and avatar] but when people use it as though they know the language...that annoys me.
The majority of people on this board do it and I am not targeting anyone in particular. I just don't like it for the fact that someone can call me something and I have no idea wtf it means. For example, I was called "oba-san[?]" last night and I didn't have a clue what I was being called. I probably even mispelled it right now. What irritates me more is when people can't form basic grammar in sentences or throw in Japanese words in the middle of an English sentence, for example "that is so kawaii". Most people don't know past a few odd words and the majority of people say "kawaii" as "kowai" which has a completely different meaning. If it is your first language or you live in Japan then that's fine. It's the people who use it for the hell of it and have never even been to Japan that irritate me a little [well, not the people. The actual using of things]. I don't go around using random Spanish in amongst sentences or calling people "padre" despite knowing quite alot of Spanish.
Honestly, it just seems weaboo-ish to me to do such things.

Wow, I am gonna get flamed so hard by some people because they will take this as a target shot to them. I know it. Always happens.
AmyAnn
AmyAnn
Motor Mouth

Back to top Go down

Post by Seitanoshuuki Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:40 am

^LOL at the above. I have to agree about the autotune. I believe it's an excellent tool for mild tweakings (ie. getting that one note into tune can really make or break your performance) and effects (that autotuned sound is pretty cool if used well), but the performance itself should depend more on the skill of the performer than on the skill of the technician behind the curtain. (<-Person who obviously doesn't autotune anything.) If it's a pitching problem, practice and fix it. -_-" Autotune is not the solution to life.

Re: Japanese usage - Point taken. I do agree that it gets a little confusing, especially when used around people who are not in the habit of doing it themselves/are relatively new to the anime/manga/generally Japanese-based subculture. As someone who does it very regularly, however, I can't in honest goodness say I disapprove of it. (:D) I also agree that it completely throws off the syntax - English wasn't built for random Japanese phrase insertions... In certain cases, however, I find that it presents a somewhat... more precise, I guess, way of expressing a feeling. For example, I may see a picture and say,

"OMG MOE"

It's quite hard to say this in English. -_-" It does get to be a pain when you don't know what "moe" is, but... I guess... it's like anime jargon? *shrugs* "Some things are more accurately expressed this way," is what I'm trying to say, I guess. I get really annoyed when English fails my expressive needs. A common one I get is accablé. It's such a strongly expressive word in French, but there is no English equivalent. -_-" I sometimes think English is really lacking...

...The point of the above was that some things can't really be said in English, which I think justifies the occasional usage of Japanese phrases... in a really rounadabout way. ...-_-" Shuu, gotta work on those arguments...

Well, for me, I think it's cute until I can't understand it. 8DDD
Seitanoshuuki
Seitanoshuuki
Keyboard Smasher

Singing Alias : Shuuki (秋記) Posts : 2173

YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/SeitanoShuuki?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:24 am

Another comment on using Japanese words: when people use it in real life and don't even say it right. I really don't know how to explain this one, but I have a friend who says "arigato" as "ar-ri-GA-to" and makes the first two syllables REALLY fast with a HUGE emphasis on the "GA." It absolutely drives me nuts even though she says she says it like that just to be cute. Guh...maybe I'll edit a clip of what I mean.

Here's one things that's just my observation from being someone who writes their own lyrics for English dubs: WHAT THE HELL DO PEOPLE WANT!?!?!? Seriously, when I first started out, everyone was like "OMG, those aren't the translations for the lyrics," so I go "ok, I swear I'm going to be an english dubber who makes close-to-definition lyrics that still flow."

Now it seems like all people want are lyrics that rhyme every other line (see the Irony?). I am just soooo sick of people going "OMG!!! You haz the best lyrics EVURRRRR~!!" just because it's all fancy with the rhyming. Then, in my opinion, what makes it worse is that people then go "I love how you keep the original translation" when the lyrics AREN'T. I don't say I know Japanese, but over the years of watching anime have I tried to learn bits of pieces, and I know when the word "heart" and "miracle" aren't in the ENTIRE song.

Needless to say, I'm making the transition into just doing Japanese fandubs, because that's just tiring.

P.S. I also hate it when people put "official" in the title of their video just to get views.
Hazel
Hazel
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Hazel Posts : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by EroJun Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:18 pm

I hate it when people keep randomly chanting Japanese words into my face because of what they learned from anime. (Specifically the offensive ones such as "baka")

Also, I hate people who look for or cause conflicts because of stupid reasons.

^just my experience with some friends irl, so if you're one of those please refrain from talking to me. XD

EroJun
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : 俊 (Jun) Posts : 97

https://www.youtube.com/user/Junightor

Back to top Go down

Post by ✖laurel✖ Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:14 pm

Probably not so unpopular but...
RACIST COSPLAYERS.

They make me so mad. You can't help what your ethnicity is. I believe you should embrace yourself for who you are, and do whatever you want, not matter what your race is.

Then when I go on deviantart or even youtube, some people have the nerve to say things like, "white people shouldn't cosplay. it just doesn't look right." Really? That is the same thing as saying "black people can't model. It just doesn't look right." Which is COMPLETELY WRONG.

Not to mention how much those comments hurt the person who is cosplaying.

It just makes me very, very upset.
✖laurel✖
✖laurel✖

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuya Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:33 pm

As a response to the above ^^;

I'm a cosplay elitist. I know that everyone says regardless of how you look and all that, but I sincerely think that if makeup and wig doesn't make you look like a certain character, just please give up. The point is that you wanna look like the character, not (in the very worst cases) burn others eyes.
Shuya
Shuya
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Shuya/シュや Posts : 324

Back to top Go down

Post by Agito Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:21 pm

Just want to add some comments about cosplay...

I myself is a cosplayer (not a frequent or godly one; I still sucks), but I'm also a kameko, so I know cosplayer's hardship and kameko's desire to 'capture' a perfect cosplay. I can't really say "Anyone can cosplay the character they want." but I can't really say "You mustn't cosplay that character because you're (insert some physical insult here), GTFO." either. Maybe it's more like "I won't forbid you to cosplay that character, but please reconsider if it's really fit your body type."

Well, the one I hate the most is the one who actually just wear random store-bought 'gothic' clothes (which usually DOESN'T MATCH at all) with all skull/cross accessories and so-called 'gothic' make up (which is just uneven over-powdered face with black lips and panda eyes and anime contact lens) and random bandage+blood stains, and they called themselves "I'M A COSPLAYER. THIS IS MY ORIGINAL CHARACTER. THIS IS GOTHIC." while people are mostly like "WTF it's not even original."

I respect they who made their own costumes and props, although it might be kinda messy. At least, they made it themselves.

Oh yeah, there's also a type of kameko I hate... the ones who say "That cosplayer sucks. It's worse than trash" to the one who actually put a lot of effort to make their costumes BUT photographed a lot of random Hatsune Miku cosplayer just because they're wearing mini skirts and they "look so moe". They're really out of their mind.
Agito
Agito
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : アギト/AGITO Posts : 1267

http://cynara77.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xephy Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:18 am

Nyaha~ Very serious thread we have here.
Nothing's happened yet, but I'm gonna say it now:
PLEASE PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD CLEAN AND CIVILIZED!
Please do respect people's opinions and views!
Remember: Fighting will NOT be tolerated >:D
To reiterate the first message:
✖laurel✖ wrote:
1. no spam.
2. no flaming.
3.nothing too personal. Don't come here to bash people from youtube.

That said...
I have an extreme dislike for Assassin's Creed.
Jus' sayin'~
Xephy
Xephy
Background Character
Background Character

Singing Alias : Xephy Posts : 2592

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/Xephy13

Back to top Go down

Post by ★ サンゴ チルー Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:33 am

I think Jersey Shore is over-rated and inappropriate. 8D
★ サンゴ チルー
★ サンゴ チルー
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Sango Posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Aniki Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:19 pm

^^^ I can't stand music television.
Aniki
Aniki
Talkative

Singing Alias : 兄貴 Posts : 336

CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Menolly-hime Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:10 pm

1.]
since there's been talk of cosplay, i'll join in.

i think that if cosplaying a character makes you happy, despite whether you're their IRL twin or not, then go for it. you're not doing it for anyone else, are you? are you doing it to impress someone else? maybe some are; but a lot of people do it because it's what they want to do. if they feel pretty, or proud of their work, or are having fun, even if they don't look the best... i can't look down on them because they're not 'flawless.' so maybe they're too thin. too fat. too white. not the right colour wig. anything.
it sometimes bothers me in a perfectionist way, but only by the outfits and wigs themselves, not the person. the people never bother me. sometimes that stuff is unavoidable; a wig you order or try to colour comes out wrong or isn't as gorgeous as it was in a magazine or online - it happens, and sometimes it's too late or you don't have enough money to just go get or make another one.
if someone put at least some sort of effort into their cosplay, i can respect that.
plus, i doubt barely anyone has the anime girl body type naturally.
(seriously, huge boobs and a 24-30inch waist and perfectly sculpted legs that are always a bit too long to be real? not that i'm complaining, i like anime, but trying to have someone live up to that standard is ughhh)

2.] i don't like seeing super skinny jeans for toddlers. it always makes me cringe a little. x-x
Menolly-hime
Menolly-hime
Talkative

Singing Alias : ★menolly Posts : 441

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyAnn Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:28 pm

I hate small children wearing sports uniforms. Warping them whilst young, huh?
AmyAnn
AmyAnn
Motor Mouth

Back to top Go down

Post by mong Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:49 pm

I don't like Mienohito PVs. They make my eyes hurt. /shot
mong
mong
Chorus Staff

Banner Decorator * 1 Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Onion Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:28 am

Justin Bieber's a male.
Onion
Onion
*~Sparkling Mixer~*

Singing Alias : Onion Posts : 4112

I'm on the spice rack! Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story Blind Duets Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/SeirenOnion

Back to top Go down

Post by jascarly123zo Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:06 am

Onion wrote:Justin Bieber's a male.

LOL High five! XD I've been wondering when someone else was going to say that
jascarly123zo
jascarly123zo
Keyboard Smasher

Singing Alias : Jasmine Posts : 2336

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWR6WqWK9n6t1cWPnqB0zpg

Back to top Go down

Post by HanaRyuu15 Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:52 pm

I don't like Hello Kitty...there's like a infestation of Hello Kitty products where I live.
HanaRyuu15
HanaRyuu15
Spambot Xtreme

Singing Alias : Ryuu Posts : 4720

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/HanaRyuu15

Back to top Go down

Post by Seitanoshuuki Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:08 am

I hate ...have an extreme aversion to American television, especially the long, on-going ones. For the most part, they are over-sexed and pointless. D: I feel like they try too hard to not be racist (<-every team has a proportional representation of the larger ethnic minorities), to the point where it's a little annoying. I have to argue that, no, the average team will NOT be as "average" as you portray them to be. -_-

...Actually, my complaint is mostly that I think they're over-sexed. I mean, what are you showing your children?! Pointless violence, bed scenes... The music as well. -_-" Where did the lyrics go?! Why are they just repeating one line over and over again?! How is this music?! Actually, I can't say that - I can't really disqualify it as music on those grounds... I just feel it's... pretty pointless...

Okay, so back to the TV. A lot of the series are now somewhat science-based (House, CSI, etc.). I feel like this is an extremely unrepresentative view of what actually goes on. As a person in the field, more-or-less.... it kind of annoys me, to put it lightly. I know that it's all for viewer entertainment and whatnot, but IT FRICKIN ANNOYS ME. -_-" People will get the wrong impression about lots of things, such as... say, reality. Sigh....

...Wow, this ended up turning into a rant. 8D I've vented enough now. <3
Seitanoshuuki
Seitanoshuuki
Keyboard Smasher

Singing Alias : Shuuki (秋記) Posts : 2173

YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/SeitanoShuuki?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next