Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Wed May 01, 2024 5:28 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

AMESHI's Paintings [Opinions appreciated]

2 posters

Go down

AMESHI's Paintings [Opinions appreciated] Empty AMESHI's Paintings [Opinions appreciated]

Post by AmyAnn Wed May 04, 2011 4:02 pm

I am currently painting some projects and the theme that I chose was the Holocaust. More specifically, I was trying to focus on the children aspect.
I was wondering if I could get any opinions on my artwork. Please note that my style is rather simple.

Sorry in advance for the VERY poor images.

Section1

The task that I was given was to design three tea packaging/bag designs. We were given three countries: Japan, China and India. I will be making them into colours [Japan-red, China-blue, India-purple]

AMESHI's Paintings [Opinions appreciated] Art5i AMESHI's Paintings [Opinions appreciated] Art6 AMESHI's Paintings [Opinions appreciated] Art7r

Section2

We were given the task of portraying fear in our own eyes. This painting was based on a recurring nightmare I had been having during the time I was doing this piece.

AMESHI's Paintings [Opinions appreciated] Art4

Section3

Yet another themed subject. I decided to do a series of paintings based on the Holocaust. More specifically, I was trying to focus on the children of the Holocaust since they are usually not mentioned in detail.
I used the signature striped pyjamas of Auschwitz to signify the Holocaust.

AMESHI's Paintings [Opinions appreciated] Art1m
This piece is supposed to signify a young child becoming more empty as they continue in the horror and gassing of the Holocaust camps. Their shoulders and head are burnt due to experimentation [My friend said it looked as though the child was rusting away due to the torture and how they were treated as machines in the camps]

AMESHI's Paintings [Opinions appreciated] Art2f
An unfinished piece. I am working on it. It shows a young child [Blonde hair since, even if they were the "Ideal Aryan", they could be mistreated. She is clinging to an adult looking for protection but the adult is showing no contact with her.

AMESHI's Paintings [Opinions appreciated] Art3
A much simpler piece. A torn piece of the pyjamas on the barbed wire. The number that I added onto the tag is that of the Holocaust victim and painter David Olere.
AmyAnn
AmyAnn
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Aimy Posts : 688

Back to top Go down

AMESHI's Paintings [Opinions appreciated] Empty Re: AMESHI's Paintings [Opinions appreciated]

Post by QrMOMOKA Wed May 04, 2011 5:39 pm

I really like your style of painting, dear.
Didn't expect any painting with such theme and style to be posted here.
These pieces are very strong and powerful that I can feel the sorrow just looking at them, but quite simple at the same time.
I also like how you leave the objects abstract, which provides the viewers more room for imagination.

For the first painting in section 3, I think it'd be... more striking(?) if you painted a star of David somewhere. I don't know.. the star always reminded me that the people were not being judged by what they've done but by their race and religion, which is completly wrong, absurd, and sad.

Have you watched the movie The Boy in the Striped Pajamas?
The last piece reminded me of a scene from that movie.
It was such a heart breaking movie.. ;n;

By the way, I really like your design for the third flower. Although the picutre is kind of blurry. XD

Paint more please! I'd love to see more paintings from you.<3
QrMOMOKA
QrMOMOKA
Motor Mouth

Sakura No Ame Chorus

https://www.youtube.com/user/QrMOMOKA

Back to top Go down

AMESHI's Paintings [Opinions appreciated] Empty Re: AMESHI's Paintings [Opinions appreciated]

Post by AmyAnn Thu May 05, 2011 3:05 am

Thank you for your post.

The reason that I didn't include a Star of David was because I want to get the point across that it wasn't just Jewish people who suffered. There were other civilians of different religions and people of many races who were victimised and I don't like to narrow it down to the Jews. That's why the little girl is going to be blonde with a hint of blue eyes, because that was the image of an "Ideal Aryan" yet even people who looked as such were victimised.
AmyAnn
AmyAnn
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Aimy Posts : 688

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down