Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] October: Frightful Festivities~Due October 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:19 am

» [MONTHLY THEME] September: A Simple Courtesy~Due September 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:05 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:02 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] August: Friendship~Due August 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:02 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] July: Disobedience~Due July 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:39 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] June: Nature of the World~Due June 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:16 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Fri May 31, 2024 6:05 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

what kind of cliche you hate in a manga or anime?

+7
Picomarii
Henshin Pen Lemon
Shiny-kins
Ate Tenshi
BennyMD
persona
Kouko
11 posters

Go down

what kind of cliche you hate in a manga or anime? Empty what kind of cliche you hate in a manga or anime?

Post by Guest Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:49 pm

Just asking.. I just want to know it..
I'll just tell that Almost the romance shoujo manga always when the main boy and girl are in love.. alwaaaaays there's other girl or boy that likes the main girl or boy;; Ha...ha...

Back to top Go down

what kind of cliche you hate in a manga or anime? Empty Re: what kind of cliche you hate in a manga or anime?

Post by Kouko Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:54 pm

Main characters who go against the norms for their situation.
Like: "Everybody in family X are arrogant.. Except for main character Y"
Kouko
Kouko
Talkative

Singing Alias : Kouko(Oh what a surprise, huh?) Posts : 385

Back to top Go down

what kind of cliche you hate in a manga or anime? Empty Re: what kind of cliche you hate in a manga or anime?

Post by persona Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:11 pm

Outrageous injuries that don't apparently inhibit the character's ability to fight.

Like: Character received cuts on both shoulders so deep it's a wonder his arms are still attached, but he still holds his giant zanpakuto like it was made of bamboo.

Or: Character coughs up pools of blood for the nth time, which usually indicates severe internal damage or at least a pierced lung, which would render them unable to even breathe properly. But still they yell out "kuso!" or "kisama!" or something, get up, and continue fighting.
persona
persona
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : persona Posts : 113

https://www.youtube.com/user/Vocaloidict

Back to top Go down

Post by BennyMD Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:10 pm

I have waaay too many issues with cliches and such, but I'll just put my main one(s?) down.

SITUATIONS WHERE IT LOOKS BAD FOR THE MAIN CHARACTER.
Okay, I've seen this broken a few times, but it's basically this:
If you ever have your main character in a battle or something where the odds are against him
greatly and it seems like he's going to die or something, If there's more than 5 episodes left,
then the chances are that the main character will survive in one way or another or he'll win.

And I suppose this ties in with my other issue,

THE MAIN CHARACTER NEVER DIES.
Okay, again, I've seen this broken a few times as well.
I don't often see (non-horror) anime where the main character is killed less than 3/4 the
way through the anime and the POV switches to another character, like a friend or relative.
[This is sort of hard to explain.]

...I'm not sure if you can really call these cliches though.
BennyMD
BennyMD
Fresh off the Boat

Singing Alias : Benny Posts : 7
Location : Stranded on an island with a bald guy and some dude named Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Ate Tenshi Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:00 am

The cliche I hate...
The girl that gets reject'd by the main character that STILL addresses the main character with SAMA at the end...and only think he will be the only one to save her in ALL dire situations she gets stuck in. Yeck!
Ate Tenshi
Ate Tenshi
Talkative

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiny-kins Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:10 am

I hate when the main female protagonist of an anime has more than one love interest. Happens all the time. -points to Shugo Chara! oh god Shugo Chara! the worst offender; Gakuen Alice, although I haven't gotten close to finishing it; Yumeiro Patissiere, etc.-
It also happens way often, but I don't like when the main character is somehow better than everyone else. -again, points to Shugo Chara!- It's better when the main character sucks more. yep.
Shiny-kins
Shiny-kins
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Shiny-kins Posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:18 pm

I hate in shoujo anime when the main female protagonist is oblivious to a main male protagonist's feelings for her and takes the entire series for her to finally realize after continually crushing on another guy.

I also hate how in that situation, she usually crushes on a too good to be true guy and the guy who has feelings for her is rough and masculine and often had arguments or conflicts with her in the beginning of the anime.

Awful cliche.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henshin Pen Lemon Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:15 pm

Takumi wrote:I hate in shoujo anime when the main female protagonist is oblivious to a main male protagonist's feelings for her and takes the entire series for her to finally realize after continually crushing on another guy.

I also hate how in that situation, she usually crushes on a too good to be true guy and the guy who has feelings for her is rough and masculine and often had arguments or conflicts with her in the beginning of the anime.

Awful cliche.

Two series I can list under that category, though one of them twisted it slightly in my opinion (the 'ideal' MMC liked the FMC back in one; ironically, I like the non-twisted-cliche series I'm thinking of better).

I'm not here to take a stab at any siblings, but how many times - in any sort of genre, really - have you seen sibling/twin characters on totally opposite sides of the spectrum of 'good' and 'evil?'
A lot, I say.
Henshin Pen Lemon
Henshin Pen Lemon
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:20 pm

Takumi wrote:I also hate how in that situation, she usually crushes on a too good to be true guy and the guy who has feelings for her is rough and masculine and often had arguments or conflicts with her in the beginning of the anime.
Oh, sexual tension, it makes the world go round.

A cliche I'm not really fond of? When a person calls out their attack move's name while or before attacking. Honestly, are they constantly trying to remind the audience what their moves' names are; are they trying to help their enemy get an advantage in battle? I mean, it's alright when you have someone or something attacking for you--just like Pokemon or something--but the one attacking is yourself? Nah ah.

Back to top Go down

Post by Picomarii Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:44 am

The Main girl who always acts all tough on the outside, but has a 'vulnerable' side and has some occasional cute behaviours. Ugh, it's hard to explain but I'm thinking about 2 particular animes for this one.
And big boobed girls that are skinny but have big boobs....and don't know that people look at them...WHY MUST EVERY ANIME HAVE THEM? >_< Is that cliché or not?
Picomarii
Picomarii

Singing Alias : Picomari Posts : 23

https://www.youtube.com/picomarii

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:44 pm

well.. I don't like when the main character is dying in a battle or something, they always attack with the true power inside them or something.. I know that they must have a hidden power but.. it's just kind of annoying...
and the other is, specially in anime in a filler.. they put a filler character and the main character must save her/him and the village or something related about that. =_=;;

Back to top Go down

Post by Tengenji Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:32 am

I hate

-tomboy girls that acts too tough for her own will.. get a grip.. manry women are unwanted. and its not cute! and then when a real fight comes they either 1) can't do anything or 2) too badass and is impossible to get beaten down!

-kawaii girls that are not kawaii, and shy and love the guy protagonist. and their love are unreal. their looks/love are just there for eyecandy

-love triangles. and its always the same. 1) 2 guys and a soo call perfect girl or 2) 2 girls with a so called perfect guy. or 3) a pefect guy with a unperfect girl with a one-sided love guy. or 4) pairings that dun even seem possible from the start.

-fanservice with either female harem or male harem in the show. Its UGLY!

- the side character friend that always tries to help the protagonist fall in love with his/her love interest.

-Its always 1) A yaoi fangirl in a BL Plot(who is loved by fans for being a fujoshi) or 2) A really bitchy, B@!$ who plot evil deeds to seperate the BL couple.

-Moe tsundere characters that are just annoying.

-Unrealistic resting time. The character either gets injured soo bad they dun make an appearance until 200 chapter/episodes later or 2) They get injured soo bad they just happen need to take 1 day to heal, or more or less, just out of now where, starts healing on the spot, and the injury goes away in less than 3 mins.

-Friendship speeches that kills evil.

and pretty much everything there is out there.
Tengenji
Tengenji
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Dango Daikazoku Chorus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:10 pm

hahaha! I agree with the injury thing and the love triangle thing!! it's almost everywhere in shoujo mangas!!! and yeah I can't believe the characters are still alive after the worst injury they have...!
well about the triangle love thing.. it's sometimes fun for me.. but.. it's just that it is in everywhere!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by AnotherNicoUploader Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:02 pm

Flashbacks.

They make me want to choke myself and belly flop into a pit of burning gasoline.

I mean, one or two near the end of the series is good if suddenly AWESOME PLOT TWIST and you need a quick reminder on why this is important, but-- No joke, I started on one series which had a total of (I counted) SIX minutes of total flashback time within the FIRST episode. Those flashbacks were entirely things that had appeared within that episode.

That's just wrong.

AnotherNicoUploader
Retired Staff

Singing Alias : ANU Posts : 399

Sakura No Ame Chorus My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/AnotherNicoUploader

Back to top Go down

Post by onigirimi Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:57 pm

When a fanclub goes and beats up the girl who's spending a lot of time with the perfect popular guy. Or whatever. And either she goes all 'GRAWR D<' and they're like 'zomgz D<' and the guy sees and he's like ';^; awh'
Or she's like 'BKASJFLK! /death' and the guy's like 'wut happened' and she's like '..... nothing.' and then he figures out and threatens the beater-uppers and they're like 'awhz' and stop bothering the girl. And occasionally turn good. Ugh. T__T I stop reading the manga at the point.

Er.
Well I hate the concept of the perfect, popular guy in particular TnT;; THEY DON'T EXIST. seriously?
/shot

I kinda enjoy some other shoujo cliches though orz they're cute until you get sick of them. And then you come back to them a year later and they're cute again. TEHE
/shotagain
onigirimi
onigirimi
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Rimi Posts : 155
Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/x0xheartstrings

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasikki Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:26 pm

I absolutely HATE the cliches in harems. How the main character is CRAZY INDECISIVE and leads all of the girls on. I also hate the oh so impossibly perfect characters. Finally the thing I despise the most is, the helpless shy kind characters who are basically screaming 'LOVE ME'.
Kasikki
Kasikki
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:16 pm

I also hate cliches that the main character is first weak and always loses... but when his/ her friends are in danger or something.. he/she (weak character) saves her/his friends..;;;

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:19 pm

I think I'm also tires of reading or watching anime/manga that their story relates with demons, angels things, and also saving the world from the bad guy...or when they have to collect something in order to prevent destruction from their world.. or protect a place so that any bad guy can enter in there or something..;;; there's more.. but can't think of it...;; -_-;;

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down