Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

Top Five Favortie Anime and Top 5 Favorite Manga

+5
殷逸偉
Aki_Tou
admirenkiwi
AKATOMO
Onion
9 posters

Go down

Top Five Favortie Anime and Top 5 Favorite Manga Empty Top Five Favortie Anime and Top 5 Favorite Manga

Post by Onion Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:17 pm

(haven't posted anything recently and yes hiatus gone)

So, Asking YTC people to make 2 lists. 1 for anime and 1 for manga. Just 5 to be limiting and to not have mile long lists. Finish off with alittle description and there ya go

ANIME
1. Clannad After Story - this anime stole my tears. Seriously. Show me any anime, and I won't cry.
2. Bakemonogatari - the way the story flows and is told is amazing. EP 15 just aired (Raw only) and finished with a nice ending
3. Durarara!! - Large cast, unique characters, and a ton of "Izaya-san." YES
4. FullMetal Alchemist - my favorite Shounen anime. I love both series.
5. FLCL - its basically my childhood even thoguh I'm still a child. I stayed up till 3 am everyone night just to watch it.

Manga (I try to stay away from Main Stream fyi)
1. Bakuman - the only "Main Stream" manga I like. It tells the role of manga writers and how stressful is is
2. Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - The manga I'm reading currently. I instantly fell in love with it
3. Houkago Play - a 4 panel manga about 2 otakus who are in love but are to nervous to kiss eachother (till later on ._.)
4. Franken Fran - Science and gut-churning never read so good. I haver nightmares about Fran, and I enjoy them
5. FullMetal Alchemist - yes this appeared again, Who cares

Now post your lists now. Or I'll eat all your cookies
Onion
Onion
*~Sparkling Mixer~*

Singing Alias : Onion Posts : 4112

I'm on the spice rack! Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story Blind Duets Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/SeirenOnion

Back to top Go down

Top Five Favortie Anime and Top 5 Favorite Manga Empty Re: Top Five Favortie Anime and Top 5 Favorite Manga

Post by AKATOMO Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:42 pm

ANIME:
1st HighschoolOfTheDead (although theres only 1 ep, the animation is gr8 and the bgm is perfectly in sync with wat is goin on, its just epic)

2nd SuzumiyaHaruhiNoYuuutsu (this was an epic series by kyoani and i loved it, i wish my school life was as interesting as that, and the movie... it WOWed me, i reckon it was the best movie =P)

3rd FateStayNight (this was an awesome anime, and the original ideas came from typemoon- the story is just epic... i extremely disagree with how it ended but it made sense and everything, but i just dont lik it when its not a happy ending =(.

4th Gintama (the funniest anime i know LOL, the guys a genius, he just needs to use comedy and and make fillers and when he comes up with some random idea and its good he puts it down straight away -keeping the anime clean, as in the serious stuff gets used straight away cleanly, and not dragging on and on, and even in the midst of the 'main' episodes there is always laughter that it can bring to you)

5th The 'Toaru Series' (Toaru Majutsu no Index, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun/Choudenjibou) (this anime is all the way serious (i think?) and the theories and storyline isnt too deep but it was deep and interesting enough for me to watch XD)

MANGA:
1st HighschoolOfTheDead (yes i put it as 1st for anime aswell but its just THAT GOOD, seriously its just really really good, it has the simplest storyline of zombies starting to arise, but the author makes it so interesting packing this manga with realism and drama (and also gore and horror and ecchi as all guys like, LOL)

2nd Eden No Ori (this also has a simple and is also sort of similar to HOTD as it relates to how humans react to harsh conditions and realism, and how humans always place themselves as the most important. dont want to spoil too much, but the plane that the main characters are in crashes onto an unknown island, inhabited with extinct animals)

3rd Gintama (yes this was also placed in my anime list but its really funny XD)

4th Seitokai No Ichizon (about a guy trying to create his harlem but the core of this anime is more of comedy than romance and stuff)

5th Histories strongest disciple kenichi (about the weakest wimp in school, bcoming the strongest guy =P, its really interesting in terms of combat and stuff, it tries to explain what happens when they do most of the moves)

and i want to say also that Bakuman is a really great manga =P
AKATOMO
AKATOMO
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : アカトモ Posts : 98

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/UTAUTOMO

Back to top Go down

Top Five Favortie Anime and Top 5 Favorite Manga Empty Re: Top Five Favortie Anime and Top 5 Favorite Manga

Post by admirenkiwi Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:54 am

Top 6 Anime - not 5 x](watched over 5 times each):

1)Hunter X Hunter (This anime is older than naruto and one piece, Main voice char is voice actor of Naruto)
Heres an ex vid link(i know it sucks how you cant watch it with the spoiler thing, just click the top link of the tube) Sad :
Spoiler:
2)Gundam Seed (<- Owns all gundams. Too good)
Spoiler:
3)Hikaru No Go (its so good, made me sad, but a truly dramatic story)
Spoiler:
4)12 Kingdoms [(HISTORICAL SOVEREIGN!<3) gotta love the history! the anime gets better later]
Spoiler:
5)Code Geass (Im sure everyone knows it...Epic)
Spoiler:
6)Major (SPORTS ANIME! Watch Goro grow up a baseball freak!)
Spoiler:
I wanna put more...but i shouldnt...=/

My Top 6 Manga:

1)One Piece (Reading or Watching are both good for me, except i've only been reading it but the anime is ALSO good. JAP DUB OFC! No engdub......thats fail...)
2)GANTZ! (This is truly another win even though its a bit ecchi, story just leaves you agasp. Theres an anime but manga continues from there so dont forget to read it!)
3)Slam Dunk! (I just read this over again because i havnt read it in a LOOONG while, since its SOO old, but its just so hilarious and REEEEALLYYY GOOD!! REEEAADD ITTT!!! i wanted MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREE!)
4)Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn (AWESOMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEE!!!!!MUST READ!)
5)Skip Beat (Sorry guys, skip beats my favorite shoujo haha. Actually its probably one of the...top 2?(maybe) shoujo's i only read now?) The other ones 1/2 Prince lol.
6)Noblesse (A Korean Manhwa. About one of the only korean manga's that has good art and story. Right now im HOOKED. The other ones trace but its bleeeh right now.)

I actually do have more, but i cant think of any right now besides the ones im currently into. Naruto is one but yeeeeea.
admirenkiwi
admirenkiwi
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Kiwi/Shishi Posts : 147

Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

http://admirenkiwi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki_Tou Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:31 am

Top 5 - Anime
1- Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS - Yes..many people prefer the older seasons but I'm just a technology freak so yea, something around gundam + sailor moon .. That was just awesome!

2- Da Capo If - Kotori is my favorite character of all time, I guess seeing her that happy in an anime makes it goes in my top5 8D

3- Saki - There aren't a lot of mahjong anime out there and I'm a mahjong fan/player... and most of them are about gamble to death or something like akagi or tetsuya.. the other reason why they didnt make it to to list.

4- Katekyoushi Hitman Reborn! - Hell!!! the best shounen ever.. nothing too stupidly overpowered like bleach/naruto ~_~

5- 5cm per Second - Best anime movie out there!! so emotional *sob sob* (but you need to understand it to fully enjoy it imo)

as for mangas... I barely read scanlations so dont blame my choices XD

Top 5 - Manga
1- World Embryo - Best thing ever! It's not completed yet and it's on monthly release. What I like about I guess.. the main protagonist is a "father" and his "daughter" calls the main girl "mama" (makes me want to start a family right now !_!)

2- Ga-Rei - One nice shounen/seinen.. The protagonist is not like the others (imo).

3- Mahou Senki Lyrical Nanoha Force - More of the Nanoha series

4- Mahou Senki Lyrical Nanoha Vivid - again... seriously.. 3anime seasons and already 2manga seasons which are sequels.. what else could I ask for except for MORE? XD

5- Hayate X Blade - It's just hilarious and calming to read.
Aki_Tou
Aki_Tou
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Aki東 Posts : 51

https://www.youtube.com/user/KamiWackii

Back to top Go down

Post by 殷逸偉 Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:12 pm

@Onion Try Bokurano. I think it might take some tears...well, maybe it's just me ^^'
殷逸偉
殷逸偉
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : 山本 (yAmamotO) Posts : 216

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsukiyo Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:29 pm

Oh geez.

Anime (in no particular order though, because I can't rank them, I just can't)

1) Monster -
Spoiler:

2) Code Geass -
Spoiler:

3) Baccano! -
Spoiler:

4) Darker than BLACK -
Spoiler:

5) Black Lagoon -
Spoiler:

Manga

1) Shiki (Demon Corpse) -
Spoiler:

2) Angel Sanctuary -
Spoiler:

3) D. Gray-man -
Spoiler:

4) Fullmetal Alchemist -
Spoiler:

5) Loveless -
Spoiler:

DONE. And these are only the series that I'm listing off the top of my hea that I remember, not including animated movies and such. And also not including those series that aren't too bad, but the fandoms are what I really love. xD

Last edited by Tsukiyo on Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding spoiler tabs to avoid GIANTWALLOFTEXT)
Tsukiyo
Tsukiyo
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : 狼月 Posts : 705

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrianchu Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:37 pm

I'm a biggg mecha fan, just a heads up. 'A';

1) Gundam 00 - Love it so much, I'm re-watching it. I love it for the cleverly sequenced character development. Watching it again, I realize this show was really thought out thoroughly. <333

2) Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - made me cry, both seasons.

3) Gundam: War in the Pocket - It's only eight episodes long. It's such a powerful story. And the art was lovely.

4) Mazinger Z - from the 70s, art is wonky at times, buuuuuuuuuut I like it~

5) HAMTARO - Ah, the memories~ ;;

I was seriously running out of shows to list, hehe, and I can't come up with a list of comics... but mind you, I do read 'em. (Pluto is a really good one. )
@ admirenkiwi, I've heard a lot of Gundam Seed, but I haven't watched it yet. The art looks funny from what I see, but looks nice. C:
Adrianchu
Adrianchu

Singing Alias : Adrian Posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by lèonstrawberry♥ Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:25 pm

ANIME:
- Clannad after story - beautiful and touching ,___, *loves*
- Shakugan no Shana II - YEAH FIREEEEEE
- Black Cat - Train ai làv iu.
- Pandora Hearts - Love the characters and the plot is very interesting *_
- Romeo X Juliet - The end made me cry like a baby ,__,
- 5 Centimeters per second - Touching and awesome drawings <33

MANGA:
- Lovely Complex - It's more because reading it distracts me and makes me fell better.
- The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross - *__* *loves*
- Soul Eater - YEA FUCKIN' COOL *LOVES BURAKKU SUTAA*
- Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE - Beautiful history, I like the mixing up with other mangas of CLAMP
- xxxHOLiC - Like Tsubasa.
lèonstrawberry♥
lèonstrawberry♥
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : lèon/レオン★ Posts : 320

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/AliceSakurai/

Back to top Go down

Post by ninya Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:31 am

Too many to choose >w<

ANIME:
1-Prince of Tennis
2-Code Geass
3-Angel Beats!
4-Fullmetal Alchemist
5-The Legend of the Legendary Heroes

MANGA:
1-Kuroshitsuji (the anime version totally butchered the whole story -w-)
2-Fujoshi Kanojo
3-Prince of Tennis
4-Black Cat
5-Code: Breaker
ninya
ninya

Singing Alias : Ninya, ニンちゃん Posts : 13

http://emrysjung.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down