Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] July: Disobedience~Due July 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:43 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:17 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] June: Nature of the World~Due June 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:16 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Fri May 31, 2024 6:05 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Guest Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

WMM is NOT a bucket of giggles!!

+38
kiki
Razzy
magical_wishes
Tsukiyo
Karin~
Renneh-Chan
Rin Kaine
TetsukiMizu
Saint
Kagamine_Len
jujubaud
Dympchan
MichiChan
Katschusa
Aziro
Ciel
sakuratine
shinybowser
miyuki-haruka
Caspy
ChoAkkar ♥
Rin Nano
Nyaron
Michy
RinSakura
Syn
espeon977
Yuko Hoon
sumirehana013
krannda
kappuraamen
Summer
mong
Kumbancha
irO
Sakura桜
☆ mei
Hokaru
42 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

WMM is NOT a bucket of giggles!! - Page 4 Empty Re: WMM is NOT a bucket of giggles!!

Post by ChoAkkar ♥ Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:54 pm

But hey, Klaus - there's nothing wrong with that. xD

Audacity is effective for recording and simple mixing - download more plug-ins and you'll figure it out by playing around with the effects and all. WMM is fine, as long as you're creative and patient. (Still I recommend Sony Vegas for this. I haven't got to use my other animating programs...)
ChoAkkar ♥
ChoAkkar ♥
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : やっち姫 (Yacchi-Hi Posts : 1654

Banner Design Winner Dec 2009

http://choupanko.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

WMM is NOT a bucket of giggles!! - Page 4 Empty Re: WMM is NOT a bucket of giggles!!

Post by Karin~ Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:50 pm

I use WMM to record the singing files and then save them in to a folder. After that, I use Sony Vegas Pro and cut and edit the clips on there. Although the program is mainly for video editing purposes, it works great on audio too (:
Karin~
Karin~
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Karin Posts : 53

Dango Chorus Illustration

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsukiyo Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:09 pm

So. I record raw vocals in Audacity, mix in Audacity. What I usually do is I record in time with the karaoke track playing in Audacity, then edit the vocals. Then I mix with the karaoke track, save the entire thing, and export as MP3. Then I go download the video regardless of whether it's karaoke or not. I stick that on WMM, import the MP3 with my vocals, and time it. Then I make it so that you can only hear the sound on the audio MP3 that I attached.

Recently, WMM hasn't been working very well for me though. I download my vids from sites like Keepvid and KeepTube as high quality MP4, then I convert to .wmv file with a converter I found online. I import this file into WMM, but the video is messed up at the end and just pauses and refuses to go on. I don't know how to fix it. I think it's the converting that's the problem though. Anyone know anything?
Tsukiyo
Tsukiyo
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : 狼月 Posts : 705

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciel Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:32 pm

So I've basically decided I very very much prefer After Effects, even though a lot of people insist it's a pain. I prefer that it's familiar for me because I'm a heavy Photoshop user, and certain things about it are more intuitive haha. It's a BIT annoying for effects and stuff, but once you get the hang of keyframes, it's really not too bad!

I've been working on a PV for Nico Nico Douga with it, and while it's not like...spectacular or anything since it's my first try, I've been doing pretty okay with it I think! (P.S.: The art is beautiful, and so are the harmonies. And so is the mixing.....but...not the vocals LOLOLOLOLOLOL)
Ciel
Ciel
Retired Staff

My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1

http://flavors.me/justciel

Back to top Go down

Post by magical_wishes Sat May 01, 2010 3:02 am

I really want Cubase! *o* I have Adobe Audition and I'm getting some other program for free (forgot what it was called XD) at some recording workshop I'm going to in 2 weeks Smile But really, I'm lazy and use Audacity XD
magical_wishes
magical_wishes
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Mary-la ~ Posts : 133

https://www.youtube.com/user/magicalwishesmezza

Back to top Go down

Post by Razzy Mon May 03, 2010 12:53 am

I just use sony vegas for everything *w*
Razzy
Razzy
Motor Mouth

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/razzyness

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Mon May 03, 2010 12:59 am

I never know how to edit vocals in sony vegas even though I have it.. ||OTL
kiki
kiki
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : kiki/キキ Posts : 1697

Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/kikipancakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumbancha Tue May 04, 2010 1:45 pm

Seriously after using Adobe Audition for over a month I came to love that program, Is a way better program to mix than Audacity cuz it really gives you lots of options and effects to clean up the vocals and make them more presentable, and that is very important to me since my mic is old and crummy, so Audition is my baby, and I can use Autotune with it! Autotune is another thing I'm very fond of! one of the coolest effects ever, I still want to get better at mixing though cuz I cannot get my vocals to blend with the BGM as much as I try too, My voice always sticks out.
I'm such an effects person, I love all kinds of vocal effects and Audition has a few good ones but I wish it had more, but you can always download VST's for it that give you cool effects. But that doesn't mean I don't use Audacity anymore, I use Audacity for recording and to time my vocals with the music, I then export it to AUdition and do the mixing there. then download either the PV of the song of a pic related and use Windows Live movie maker for the video to upload, easy and it works

<3
Kumbancha
Kumbancha
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kumba Posts : 1151

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by magical_wishes Tue May 04, 2010 4:19 pm

Where can I get Autotune without buying it? *shot*
magical_wishes
magical_wishes
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Mary-la ~ Posts : 133

https://www.youtube.com/user/magicalwishesmezza

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumbancha Fri May 07, 2010 7:56 pm

well, I don't know where to get it since someone gave it to me but there are ways to get it free, you have to like pirate it

:D
Kumbancha
Kumbancha
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kumba Posts : 1151

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by kappiec Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:11 pm

I use Adobe Audition and Audacity.
I think Audacity is hard to use.
So I don't use it that much.
I use Sony Vegas Pro.
Happy
kappiec
kappiec
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Maiyi Posts : 842

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/MoreMoeMaiyi

Back to top Go down

Post by Coda Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:36 am

My computer couldn't open Audacity because of an error D;. But that's what I usually use to do noise removal and things. And then I transfer it to a program called Magix Music Maker to add any effects and edit.

Right now, I'm also using WMM because it's easier to use lol. I got Sony Vegas but I still need to learn how to use it xD.
Coda
Coda
Conversationalist

Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2

https://www.youtube.com/user/poyiebee?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by krannda Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:21 pm

Coda wrote:My computer couldn't open Audacity because of an error D;. But that's what I usually use to do noise removal and things. And then I transfer it to a program called Magix Music Maker to add any effects and edit.

Right now, I'm also using WMM because it's easier to use lol. I got Sony Vegas but I still need to learn how to use it xD.

Sony Vegas is easy to use after you figure out where everything is. It comes with audio effects as well, I think. I can't be too sure though because I installed Sony Vegas and Sony ACID Pro at the same time so the effects could've been easily from ACID Pro then transferred to Vegas. xDD;;

The problem with recording with Sony software is that the recorded files and stuff gets saved into the temporary folder specified somewhere in the settings, so be aware of that or else it might slow your computer down. Try organizing where the temporary folders are.

It's not like when recording with Adobe Audition or some other software because they usually organize all your files quite neatly. Sony just kinda put the files everywhere. xDD;;

In other news, for anyone who wants Auto Tune, ask me for it on Skype.
Before Admin Ciel kicks me off the moderator team for endorsing illegal activities. 8DD;;
krannda
krannda
I'm still alive?

Singing Alias : kran Posts : 1244

My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

https://www.youtube.com/user/fxsynth

Back to top Go down

Post by AKATOMO Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:09 am

Hmmm... I record with my vid cam (LOL) then i use anyvideoconverter and convert it to mp3 file, i dl the backing track aft adding '&fmt=22' and 'fire' and yeah i dl the mp3 and if u want the video, tubefire tends to giv me a low quality in terms of visual stuff so if u wanted a pv, id use youtube downloader BUT never get the mp3 with youtube dler, it givs u tha shittest quality mp3 so yeah i use both tubefire and ytub dler. Then i use audacity put my voice with the bgm, then put that (my voice+bgm)mp3 file into wmm (which i believe for those who seemed to hav 'lost' it or 'want' it there shud b a dl link if u look for it) and i also add a pic from google XD and yeah finish LOL (i dont know how to mix so dont ask me bout that stuff LOL)
AKATOMO
AKATOMO
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : アカトモ Posts : 98

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/UTAUTOMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Hana_Mahone_Se-Mi_WolFox Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:49 pm

I use WMM if I am not syncing to an original PV (I use Sony Vegas for that)
Hana_Mahone_Se-Mi_WolFox
Hana_Mahone_Se-Mi_WolFox
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Reza Posts : 163

My YTC Story

http://shadow0bse-mi.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspy Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:00 am

I just make other people put the mp3 and video together for me xDD. My WMM works but the thing is it decreases the quality of the video by a LAAARGEE margin. The files usually only end up in like 2-4 mb and sometimes even less. You can see how bad of a quality that is. For mixing, I use REAPER and audacity. REAPER is where i apply all my effects except for reverb. I just use Audacity to record because REAPER apparently automatically saves EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF FILE IN WAV FORMAT. Which is a pain in the anal because it even saves ones I want to remove in the program and I end up getting 20 GIGS worth of useless vocals =w=. But REAPER has SOOO many effect options. Plus, it's sorta free =D. I also only just use Audacity to sync vocal tracks and pan since I can do it easily on the spot after I record on it. A lot of people complain about how Audacity sucks but it's because of its simplicity that makes it easier to sync and pan (=w=)b so that's why I still use it.
Caspy
Caspy
Conversationalist

My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum