Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:00 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:08 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] November: Together in Harmony~Due November 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:02 pm

Youtaites Unite!

+11
reizu
mopheke
Hanks Hill
caffeinateme
Akiinah
Yaon
Razzy
keroron
amekurukara
DefectRila
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Youtaites Unite! - Page 3 Empty Re: Youtaites Unite!

Post by sonic-nancy-fan Wed May 03, 2017 8:29 pm

Yeah, I've heard tales about people who get really mad about there not being off vocals and feeling like producers have to put them up, which is completely unfair. My biggest problem is I like a lot of songs that are not Vocaloid, so there are almost never instrumental versions. Good luck trying to find off vocals for lesser known KPOP songs or a lot of French songs.

Isn't a common theory Unhappy Refrain made because wowaka was frustrated at the vocaloids taking all the credit for their work? If that's true, it's clear that this is a problem.

I think if I like a vocaloid singing or a person really depends on the song. Some songs just sound better with Vocaloid, at least to me. Like Sweet Devil sounds better with a vocaloid to me. Pane Dhiria is so odd sounding, a vocaloid works better. It really just depends, but it all comes down to personal preference.

Also, I put up the May monthly theme, so if anyone has time and feels like participating, please do~

Last edited by sonic-nancy-fan on Wed May 17, 2017 4:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
sonic-nancy-fan
sonic-nancy-fan
Administrator

Singing Alias : Joker Posts : 679

Penny for your thoughts! Ai Kotoba II Words Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

http://sonicnancyfan.blog.fc2.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by keroron Thu May 11, 2017 8:24 pm

Oh? I've never heard of the wowaka thing before. Huh. Now I'm curious. But yeah, I'm sure that it would be super frustrating not getting credit for their songs  hmm...

I...I will try to participate this month? Try?

More questions~! Happy Has your favourite utaite/youtaite changed over time? Favourite vocaloid? Aaaand in relation to what we're currently discussing, who's your favourite producer(s)? 

My favourite utaite used to be clear, and I still do enjoy his covers and singing lots, but I just don't listen to him quite as often anymore. I personally like IA and Fukase! For producers...maybe Kairiki bear? Anyone who makes a dramatic sounding song called Pudding Annihilation deserves respect, in my opinion, though I also like Kikuo.
keroron
keroron

Singing Alias : Keroron Posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic-nancy-fan Wed May 17, 2017 4:21 pm

I don't want to say I have a favorite utaite, it's more so a combination of what uaites sing what songs and if I like their voice. For example, I really like 96Neko and she often sings songs I like. I like Amatsuki, but he doesn't sing songs I like as often so I listen to him less. I find new utaite through looking up songs and seeing who sang them usually. So, my favorite/utaites I like change based on who I can find sang a song I like the best....if that makes sense. I kind of rambled there XD.

I really like Gumi's voice. I don't listen to a whole lot of lesser known Vocaloids since they have fewer songs and it's harder to find them.

I also don't really have any favorite producers. I listen to a large array of producers.
sonic-nancy-fan
sonic-nancy-fan
Administrator

Penny for your thoughts! Ai Kotoba II Words Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanks Hill Thu May 18, 2017 7:57 pm

So you won't believe this, but I came across this forum while searching for a Billy Mays Utauloid. I'm not sure how that brought me here of all places, but I've been looking for this for about a month now with no luck. You guys wouldn't happen to know about a Billy Mays voice bank, would you? I wouldn't think so, but it's worth asking I guess.

I think I'm lost in the depths of the internet. Most of the links are in reference to 2015, but the header has been updated for 2017 and there are still active users, so that's kind of curious. Anyways, have a nice day. Hopefully I remember to check back here.
Hanks Hill
Hanks Hill
Fresh off the Boat

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic-nancy-fan Thu May 18, 2017 9:55 pm

A Billy Mays voicebank? That's a thing? I think my life has been changed XD. Anyway, no, I don't know anything about that.

Regarding the 2015 link stuff, I can answer that one. The person who is the primary admin (Aerlith) has had a lot of important life events happen in the past few years, so she hasn't been as active. I haven't really seen many other moderators on either, but I don't know their reasons. I know Aerlith wants to start back up different YTC group things (mass dubs, dubs with people not on YTC, etc.) to get the forum back up and running again, but she's really busy. So, the links say 2015 because that is when many of the most recent YTC group events were held. I think only Aerlith has the access to change the 'word scrolling at the top of the screen' thing, but moderators might as well? I'm not sure, but that's why that hasn't been changed either.

On the flip side, the individual portfolios and group recruiting threads are still fairly active, and I host the YTC monthly theme each month.
sonic-nancy-fan
sonic-nancy-fan
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:59 am

Hi ;o; Yes, I'm so sorry. Grad school is super busy. I'm not sure how active I'll be in the coming fall, since I'll be taking four classes, plus an internship. I'm doing three classes over the summer right now, so after I'm done with stuff, I don't have much energy to run anything, especially since I can't contribute to any mixing, art, or animation at the moment. The best idea would be to recruit new staff, so *cough*Joker*cough* that would probably be the first step, then figure out things from there. 

And @Hanks Hill: I-I'm not sure how you're getting a Billy Mays voice bank either. That's interesting.
Aerlith
Aerlith
Forever messing with staff.

Singing Alias : Aerlith Posts : 1976
I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/xAerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic-nancy-fan Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:55 pm

Other than the monthly themes, I don't really have any experience hosting events or maintaining a forum, though I guess most people starting out probably don't have much prior experience either. Of course, I'd be totally willing to try to help with things neko.
sonic-nancy-fan
sonic-nancy-fan
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by reizu Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:57 pm

sonic-nancy-fan wrote:Other than the monthly themes, I don't really have any experience hosting events or maintaining a forum, though I guess most people starting out probably don't have much prior experience either. Of course, I'd be totally willing to try to help with things neko.

I don't think the staff vetting process works like this, but for what it's worth, I think Joker being YTC staff makes sense and I would vote for her
reizu
reizu
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : reizu Posts : 156
I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/reizusanshiki/

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic-nancy-fan Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:46 pm

AWWWWW~ Thank you so much shy . I don't think that's how the process goes either, but I doubt the normal process can be used when there are only like, five people relatively active on here XD.
sonic-nancy-fan
sonic-nancy-fan
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by mopheke Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:48 pm

i don't know if anyone's said this before, but...

chorus battles attract people, right? and this forum was where the first one ever was organized, so why not use that precedent in history we have? (though already i am grimacing at the administrative/organizational work and potential drama of this idea...)

(and yaaas, Joker mod get!)

mopheke
mopheke

Singing Alias : moph Posts : 38

Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

http://mopheke.carrd.co

Back to top Go down

Post by 247 Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:02 pm

Twitter and Discord are so strong for connecting. The forums are where things began for me though. : ) 

I'll be planning a popularity contest early 2018 ... Youtaite Prom. I'll link the forum as a home base for questions to drive more traffic into the website but I reckon' most of the questions will be asked via Twitter. Hrm.
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : 247th Posts : 150

I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant

https://www.youtube.com/247th

Back to top Go down

Post by 247 Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:05 pm

on a side note, the Discord Link is expired, it should be a never expiring permanent link. : )
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : 247th Posts : 150

I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant

https://www.youtube.com/247th

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:30 pm

Joker and I had already talked about her informally helping before; I just never got around to actually putting her as a mod. <_<; (I'materribleadminI'msorry).

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to host a chorus battle. >.< I kind of want to move away from the whole chorus battle thing, too, since it's already pretty active in other places of the net, and there are already a lot going on, so the incentive to join this one might not be so strong. The forums are a great place for discussion though, so that's where we were thinking of going towards. Joker and I are working on some discussion prompts that people can reply to and share thoughts with. It'll definitely be easier than trying to follow a thread on Twitter or Discord, so hopefully that'll help! If you guys have any ideas for discussion prompts, feel free to PM me so I can add it to our list (Joker is taking care of some family stuff, and she might not be feeling up to checking forums right now).   

I'm not sure if the youtaite prom thing might be a good idea to link to the forums. I'll see if I can clean up the forums before that happens and see if we can find more staff, too. We could definitely give it a shot though. xD Just need something more first!   

Thanks for letting me know! I thought I set it to never expire, but apparently not! New link is: https://discord.gg/fDZPBUk and I will also update the sidebar.
Aerlith
Aerlith

I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic-nancy-fan Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:45 pm

All of my family stuff has been taken care of, so I should be pretty free from now on. I've never used Discord before, but maybe I should start.

The Youtaite Prom sounds like it could be interesting, but I have no idea what it is XD.
sonic-nancy-fan
sonic-nancy-fan
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by reizu Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:03 pm

sonic-nancy-fan wrote:All of my family stuff has been taken care of, so I should be pretty free from now on. I've never used Discord before, but maybe I should start.

The Youtaite Prom sounds like it could be interesting, but I have no idea what it is XD.
oh wow it actually happened. congrats on your PROMOTION

as much as I'd like to take credit and say I made a lot of back deals with the YTC goddess, aer won't let me get away with that. ohoho

hope you can bring law and order and your own twist to the forums! 

as dead as it is, we have a pretty regular stream of new accounts being made. You should get them all talking
reizu
reizu
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : reizu Posts : 156
I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/reizusanshiki/

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic-nancy-fan Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:38 pm

Aerlith and I are trying to think of ways to raise forum activity, so if anyone has any suggestions, please let us know.
sonic-nancy-fan
sonic-nancy-fan
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by wonnie Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:30 am

sonic-nancy-fan wrote:Aerlith and I are trying to think of ways to raise forum activity, so if anyone has any suggestions, please let us know.
I'm new to this forum, and it's kind of sad to see that it kind of died before I had a chance to join because there's a lot of things that I want to do like meet new people and host a Recording Music 101 Masterclass for people.

Is there any way that people can get together on a single platform like Facebook or Google?
wonnie
wonnie
Fresh off the Boat

Singing Alias : wonnie Posts : 6

http://parktrio.net/sam

Back to top Go down

Post by rainyskies13 Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:23 pm

wonnie wrote:
sonic-nancy-fan wrote:Aerlith and I are trying to think of ways to raise forum activity, so if anyone has any suggestions, please let us know.
I'm new to this forum, and it's kind of sad to see that it kind of died before I had a chance to join because there's a lot of things that I want to do like meet new people and host a Recording Music 101 Masterclass for people.

Is there any way that people can get together on a single platform like Facebook or Google?

If you have discord, there's a server for mixing in the community! Where people ask questions and stuff and share stuff c: I can also recommend you some other servers to meet other youtaites if you'd like c:
rainyskies13
rainyskies13
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Rainy Posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by wonnie Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:58 am

rainyskies13 wrote:
wonnie wrote:

If you have discord, there's a server for mixing in the community! Where people ask questions and stuff and share stuff c: I can also recommend you some other servers to meet other youtaites if you'd like c:
I would actually love that, if you could link me to the Discords. Thank you thank youuu
wonnie
wonnie
Fresh off the Boat

Back to top Go down

Post by rainyskies13 Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:00 am

wonnie wrote:
rainyskies13 wrote:
wonnie wrote:

I would actually love that, if you could link me to the Discords. Thank you thank youuu

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to "advertise" servers here (I'm not sure ;; )
Add me Rainy#8872 and I'll share it through discord!
rainyskies13
rainyskies13
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Rainy Posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by wonnie Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:28 pm

rainyskies13 wrote:
wonnie wrote:
rainyskies13 wrote:
wonnie wrote:

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to "advertise" servers here (I'm not sure ;; )
Add me Rainy#8872 and I'll share it through discord!
I've sent it, thank you so much for helping me out!
wonnie
wonnie
Fresh off the Boat

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:26 am

Yeah, definitely feel free to advertise, Rainy! 

I see you ninja'ed into our YTC Discord, Wonnie. Welcomeeee! :D
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:27 pm

THE FORUMS ARE ALIVE AHAHAHA

sorry for my own inactivity, i sort of stopped visiting when i saw that no one had really posted for weeks QwQ  i only just randomly decided to stop by tonight and i'm glad i did xD  hopefully more people will come back and this place will be active again? 8'D

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:01 am

The forums are alive, only barely, but they are XD. There are still several dedicated people here. We're trying to think of ways to increase traffic, so if you have any ideas, let us know.
sonic-nancy-fan
sonic-nancy-fan
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:39 am

Joker and I started discussion threads, so definitely feel free to jump in :D
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3