Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

(Yo)utaite = Secret Identity?

+30
tonairu
soren
FlueFaker
InsanityAura
Xin
Kitoku
Riyumi
jascarly123zo
Hikari
Catalyst
Legender
Onion
Kumoshi
sonic-nancy-fan
LokkiError
Julie Chan
Aisuu aka RiEDe
xXMilkychanXx
mie.
TamagoFish
SAE
Chinatsu96
fuunyu
Jude-ith
Roka
Aerlith
ikikurface
misaaya
Kagi
Kimoicchi
34 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

(Yo)utaite = Secret Identity? - Page 2 Empty Re: (Yo)utaite = Secret Identity?

Post by Riyumi Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:06 pm

**warning: I write wall of texts. I'll separate it if you only want to read certain parts? BUT...you have been warned!

this is just chit-chat...but uh---guess I'm resurrecting this from the dead (?) it has been about 2 months since the last one if I remember correctly ehehe //shot

The Past:
Spoiler:

In general:
Spoiler:

My parents:
Spoiler:

If you look closely...:
Spoiler:

Thanks for reading it all if you did. I personally love the parents BG ahaha. Talking about them makes me laugh/smile ahaha.
Riyumi
Riyumi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Riyumi Posts : 680

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Blind Duets Judge Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

http://duckiii3.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:56 pm

It was fun.

We have to do it again.

:DDDD 

I like your walls of text about your parents though. They make me laugh, too.
Aerlith
Aerlith
Forever messing with staff.
Forever messing with staff.

Singing Alias : Aerlith Posts : 1976
I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/xAerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Riyumi Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:55 pm

Yes please <3 food + adventures are always welcome ^^ (well maybe except seafood ehehe) ;D

Ehehe they are a pretty funny bunch. Well--until they get super serious and go into the lesson teaching/disciplining stuff ahaha. The atmosphere gets kind of tense and scary oAo;;

On another note, I wish my mom didn't flee after giving us orange juice, though. I wouldn't have minded introducing her to you guys ahaha. Most people mistake her for my sister partly because of her appearance, and the other for her personality xD 

Anywho--I hope more up youtaites keep the stories coming. Some get really personal, but it's absolutely fun to read/get to know each other this way :3
Riyumi
Riyumi
Motor Mouth

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Blind Duets Judge Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:05 am

i love the part about your parents XD  your dad sort of reminds me of my mum - she's super protective too and really paranoid about everything - she thinks rape will happen in just about every situation, even all-girl sleepovers ._.  parents will always be like that (maybe not to that extent though), no matter how old you are, trust me xD  

you're not the only one who's super shy irl x.x  i'm the same way.  i think (in my case, anyway) that it's just because it's far easier to just be ourselves and let our true thoughts/personalities shine when online.  i BARELY talk irl unless i feel very comfortable with that person, due to my being extremely shy.  if there's more than one person, then you might mistake me for a mute >___<

i would love to meet fellow youtaite though, even though social situations scare me QwQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Riyumi Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:07 pm

ehehe true. Parents will never stop being parents no matter how old their children are ;D

mmm. yeaah. I suppose it depends on how comfortable you are/how that person/people make you feel (?) The more relaxing and friendly a person is--it's a little easier for me to open up ehehe. In a sense--shy people are like coral. They hide in their shells when a presence is sensed and slowly come back out again if the outside presence doesn't make them timid *^*

If you are close to or within California, or don't mind commuting---I wouldn't mind meeting if we get to know each other  >v<b //shot   But if it's super far---I don't think it may be possible .__.  the closest--if I don't run away would be video chat lol (may have to practice with audio first ehehe)

noentheless--youtaite meetings are awesome <3
Riyumi
Riyumi
Motor Mouth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:00 am

i like your coral analogy - it's so accurate in my case xD  my anti-social tendencies kicked in the other day when we had guests over before i had the chance to even get breakfast, so i stayed in my room until they were all gone.......after 6pm.  needless to say, i was just a -little- hungry by that time xD

ahh i live on the east coast D:  so i'm quite a ways away >___<  

sometimes i wish that a virtual world existed (similar to accel world, if you've seen it) where you have an avatar and youtaite can just meet up whenever and hang out....maybe in our case, our avatars could be our OCs OwO  there could also be the option to show your true face and body instead of a virtual avatar if you were comfortable enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by Riyumi Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:29 pm

Hehe thanks ^^ I do that for really distant family members though. I've never totally met them, and it's always the "how old are you? What do you do/plan to be?" Types of conversations .__. Very nerve wracking/uncomfortable. I don't even remember my hunger if I distract myself. If it's someone whose presence I enjoy, though, the moment I hear their voices, I dash down. If I HAVE to be there, after introductions and light talk, I go hide in a corner/near people I'm comfy with. Whichever is available xD

Oh that is far QAQ one day if I travel over there to site see/am not on a booked tour, I'll drop by a message and if you're okay with it/it happens to be where you live maybe? Idk. But yeah! I remember accel world! That'd be so cool~ kuroyuki hime (?) had a cool virtual and butterfly form. I ESP LOVE THE PIGLET FORM <3 so cute. But Silver (?) [dont remember the names anymore orz ] was a pretty cool form too~ 

I'd also have something butterfly related hehe. But I'd go with blues and greens. Real self will have to be only to special people >//^//<. I don't want people finding me on the streets orz
Riyumi
Riyumi
Motor Mouth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:09 am

aha nice to know i'm not the only one who likes to hide xD  i remember hiding behind the dining table when my uncle (who i did like, i was just being shy) came to visit, thinking no one would see me >__>  i was very, very young then xD

that would be cool :D  haha i liked the butterfly and silver crow forms too.  instead of the guild battles they had though, we'd have our chorus battles instead 8D 

my real self would be reserved for the people close to me too, like my best friends.  i'd be so awkward if someone recognised me irl >___>  and i'd have nowhere to hide xDDD

Back to top Go down

Post by Riyumi Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:38 pm

You're not alone 8D 

Good idea! Someone in graphic design/video game programming---there are plenty of rhythm games using arrow keys...so how about vocals instead? 

Almost like a karaoke game; where you have to hit the right notes. If rock band/Harmonix people can do it...SO CAN YOU 8D It can be in ANY octave to suit whatever voice range--and if people want to falsetto or be derpy/trolly but still get points. Also, please make an avatar system (with the option to use a picture where you can select pics you want to be the avatar's face i.e. anime or real life if comfortable; or one can stick with the customization options already available). There can be an option for Challenge mode---where you or groups of people can battle each other for the most points--or a vote system on who sounds better (if you toggle the option to allow other people to hear your battle). Of course, each team will have their own separate recording of their voice if they choose to save it. I'm not sure how well the vote system will work--but for sure the point system!

And if it's a group vs group--much like Audition, one will have chances for solos, and then the whole group performs together 8D  And there will be moments for freestyle (aka adlibs...anything can get points in these moments). Or something.

*crazy idea but it's POSSIBLLLE* I just don't know how to do it //shot.
Riyumi
Riyumi
Motor Mouth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:16 am

someone needs to make this happen 8D  it would be amazing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitoku Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:07 am

No one knows that I enjoy making covers, but my friends know that I like singing Vocaloid songs.
Kitoku
Kitoku
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Kitoku (きとく) Posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by Xin Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:06 pm

Only my parents and siblings know I sing but they think it's only as a pasttime or to practice solfege. Nobody knows that I have a soundcloud or a YT channel.  Happy ...and they never will.
Xin
Xin
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : 白菜 / Hakusai Posts : 751

I'm on the spice rack! Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4)

https://www.instagram.com/whyaremyusernamestaken/

Back to top Go down

Post by InsanityAura Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:48 pm

My family definitely knows because I howl away in my room every time I need to record lines LOL. My friends probably know? I mean, I post my videos on my facebook so they've probably seen it. I don't mind if they see or know and I don't really care if they think it's weird because it's something I love doing owo
InsanityAura
InsanityAura
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Siderea Posts : 99
Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by FlueFaker Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:27 am

No one irl knows that I post covers... but they all know that I sing XD

I keep my internet life completely separate from my real (mainly because my irl friends would probably call me by my real name which I don't really like so...) and don't really intend to change that.

Last edited by FlueFaker on Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
FlueFaker
FlueFaker
Talkative

Singing Alias : Airin Posts : 464

I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZojn27wPljAGP7RiTbzSug

Back to top Go down

Post by soren Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:26 pm

My family definitely knows about me. Especially my brother, and father (yep). I know that I hadn't ask them for a new mic, but they knew. Yup.

Maybe it's because i like Japanese since I was 5...

Some of my bestfriends called me with "Kaz" name (that's my cyber name tho). I even write my alias in my contact identity (such as LINE) because some of my cyber friends are there. (pfft) Well, my family prefers the me who always sing in the room to the me who spends moneys for nothing.
soren
soren
Talkative

Singing Alias : soren Posts : 536

Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by tonairu Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:49 pm

In my case, no one knows.

I used to do covers under different name years ago, when everything was new to me and people didn't yet call each other "youtaite" yet.
Back then I was quite open about it and I didn't really care that others knew.

Nowdays I haven't told anyone that I started again. I know for a fact that I'm not someone who can actually sing well and I'm fine by it - I'm doing it purely for fun. Therefore I don't see any reason for anyone to know as it's just my personal secret hobby.
=x

Sometimes I do think about telling my sister though, since it would be nice to talk about this stuff every once in a while with someone. But... I guess I'm not ready to reveal it yet.
tonairu
tonairu

Singing Alias : tonairu Posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rage Infinity Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:50 am

Pfft. I tell people about my YouTube channel all the time. #nofear
Black Rage Infinity
Black Rage Infinity
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Rage Posts : 158

Raidcall Train Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/BlackRageInfinity

Back to top Go down

Post by FonaCall Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:38 pm

Good for you man.

As for us, people know that we sing in front of the computer, but I don't think anyone is aware that we have a YouTube thing. Not that there's actually anything.

- Piet
FonaCall
FonaCall
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : FonaCall Posts : 92

http://fonakooru.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 3pixCheerioz Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:17 pm

It’s a secret from mostly everyone I know irl, with the exception of a few of my closest friends and family. Tbh my best friends are pretty into anime and Japanese things so they’re fine with it but still think it’s a little weird that I sing (so I don’t really mention it to them). 

My family on the other hand found out because my little brothers know I sing and do dance covers and one day decided to show my parents, who then showed my grandparents/aunts/uncles/cousins ;-;. Though my family is really caring and love that I’m doing this as a hobby (My grandparents even sent my videos to their friends //crais. And my dad and brother offered to do a dance cover with me xD lol) Sometimes they wonder why I go by a different name/nickname and criticize me bc I cover my face. 

So my family thinks it’s cool, and my friends think it’s weird (but whatever xD)
3pixCheerioz
3pixCheerioz

Singing Alias : 3pix Posts : 10

https://www.youtube.com/user/3pixCheerioz

Back to top Go down

Post by xShinji Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:35 pm

Some of my fren do know I sing. But generally I will try to hide it as long as possible as it is my second identity.

xShinji
xShinji
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : xSenAo Posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2