Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

Self Duet Tips/Help/Ideas

2 posters

Go down

Self Duet Tips/Help/Ideas Empty Self Duet Tips/Help/Ideas

Post by sonic-nancy-fan Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:14 am

I like a lot of duet songs and always want to cover them. The only problem is that I have no friends to sing with me so I have do the duets with myself. This is not a pity post or a shout out for duet partners, although I would not mind having some. The purpose of this post is to ask help in regards to doing self duets.

Question 1
~I can change  my voice around a lot, so going from a high girl to a low girl/awkward male is not a problem. How can I change my voice to sound like two separate girls instead of just one high girl and an awkward male? It is hard to do a Miku and Rin  song when they both sing high and there is little distinction.

Question 2
~My two voices always sound distinct except for when I mix them. Whenever the voices are put together, there is little distinction and it sounds like I am just merging the same audio together. How can I make it sound like the voices are different?

Question 3
~I have a slightly southern accent and that makes my different voices sound similar. In my area, our s's are very pronounced. How can I attempt at getting rid of this s accent? It is really hard to get rid of when recording anything and is usually very noticeable.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.Razz
sonic-nancy-fan
sonic-nancy-fan
Administrator

Singing Alias : Joker Posts : 682

Penny for your thoughts! Ai Kotoba II Words Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

http://sonicnancyfan.blog.fc2.com/

Back to top Go down

Self Duet Tips/Help/Ideas Empty Re: Self Duet Tips/Help/Ideas

Post by NOKiE Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:22 am

1. Well, it's really all about the style of singing and getting into the character actually. xDD
Miku and Rin DO have a distinction of where Miku actually sings higher than Rin, whereas Rin is sort've lower. (Well that's how I hear it)
When imitating Rin, my voice does not go as high and has a nasal sort of of tone to it. I also put a little accent in the words.
As for Miku, I usually don't like portraying her, but I tend to just take out the nasal tone and slight accent and sing has high as mankind made it possible for me. LOL.

2. Like I said, it's all about style and being in character. For example, I tend to be more upbeat and annoying when singing like a girl//slapped xD
For a boy, sing it strong and PROUDD.
(Doing this actually makes a difference)
Or maybe turn up the female track? Since lighter voices tend to get drowned out the most.
I hope you don't mind me throwing in my shitty voice as an example ^^"
https://app.box.com/s/oahq4jkg9gaz0g8kbn34

3. I'm sorry, but I really don't know much about ridding accents. I always do wonder how British people's accent magically disappear when singing though. LOL.

I hope I helped you out somehow ; w ; )/
NOKiE
NOKiE
Talkative

Singing Alias : NOKiE Posts : 338
Ai Kotoba II Chorus Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant

https://www.youtube.com/TBNOKiE

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic-nancy-fan Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:26 pm

1~ Thanks for the tips. I know that Rin and Miku's voices are distinct, I just have a very hard time making them distinct when I am trying to impersonate them. I can sing like a man, kinda female, and a little kid. The kinda female is just my regular voice and would not work for Miku. So that leaves a man and a kid. The kid could work for Rin or Miku, but there is still one left out.

2&3~ I think my problem is that I can change my voice, but I cannot change they way I pronounce words. The way I accentuate words is the same for both voices because that is how I naturally speak. Both voices have very pronounced s's and the odd way I say some words like 'warm' are applied to both voices. Honestly, I am at a loss. This is a really big problem, but I have no idea how to change it.
sonic-nancy-fan
sonic-nancy-fan
Administrator

Penny for your thoughts! Ai Kotoba II Words Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by NOKiE Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:25 pm

Honestly, my best tip would be to sing to the best extent that you can impersonate. Don't try too hard to sound like them, cause I mean, it's all about your own voice, right? c;
My voice just so happens to be the way it is and I just accept the sad fact that I could never be manry or kawaii-ugu as Kaito or Miku. LOL.

As for the accent, try exaggerating the parts you wish the words to sound like? Iwordedthatsobadly
Take it like voice acting. It takes time to master and differentiate a British or Australian accent.
Practice makes perfect, yuh?
NOKiE
NOKiE
Talkative

Singing Alias : NOKiE Posts : 338
Ai Kotoba II Chorus Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant

https://www.youtube.com/TBNOKiE

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic-nancy-fan Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:56 pm

Trust me, my voices sound nothing like the VocaloidsXD I just want the voices to sound different from each other. Enough so that it at least kind of sounds like two different people are making the voices.
sonic-nancy-fan
sonic-nancy-fan
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down