Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

Your Thoughts on YT Utaite Popularity?

+16
jascarly123zo
NipahDUBS
Akemi
Ai-Say
Jeagerjacques
Seitanoshuuki
Mitsu
Haruna
Kuma-tan
EroJun
AmyAnn
Varu
xShinji
soren
Kaen
Drez
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Your Thoughts on YT Utaite Popularity? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Thoughts on YT Utaite Popularity?

Post by Seitanoshuuki Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:19 am

Wow. It's been a while since I've last been here.

Re: Nipah - I was really surprised how easy it was to talk to Nipah!

A good way to get to know "popular" people is to make friends with some of the really sociable people on YT who seem to know everyone, which is usually much less intimidating because they can have a good chat with pretty much anyone.

I remember there were people I wanted to talk to because I admired them and was too shy to approach them. Often, my friends would know them and pull me into the conversation. A lot of them were a lot less intimidating than I had thought they'd be. Happiness They're really just people who happen to be better at singing/mixing/animating/whatever than you are. 8D
Seitanoshuuki
Seitanoshuuki
Keyboard Smasher

Singing Alias : Shuuki (秋記) Posts : 2173

YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/SeitanoShuuki?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Your Thoughts on YT Utaite Popularity? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Thoughts on YT Utaite Popularity?

Post by jascarly123zo Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:06 pm

Seitanoshuuki wrote: Often, my friends would know them and pull me into the conversation. A lot of them were a lot less intimidating than I had thought they'd be. Happiness They're really just people who happen to be better at singing/mixing/animating/whatever than you are. 8D

^ That's probably about half of what happens in my utitty life LOLOL.

The things I feel about popularity are a couple of the posts already posted combined, so I don't really think I can contribute to the thread other than that if I didn't know someone who was actually popular and they tried to be friends with me, I would most likely 'judge' on their personality. No one likes anyone who's mean but is talented. It's alll in the package deal, yo. (wat)
jascarly123zo
jascarly123zo
Keyboard Smasher

Singing Alias : Jasmine Posts : 2336

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWR6WqWK9n6t1cWPnqB0zpg

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruna Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:57 am

NipahDUBS wrote:I am a supposed "popular" utaititttitytyty and I try to talk to everyone and reply to all the messages I get /o/ But thats just me . w .)
isn't that sweet of you 8D you must be on daily to check all your messages :D
Haruna
Haruna
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : punipuni Posts : 711

Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/KonoeNya

Back to top Go down

Post by NipahDUBS Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:56 pm

lunamageice.tumblr.com/post/35525705552/nipahdubs-inspired-by-bitter-cherry

heres exactly how I feel about popularity.
NipahDUBS
NipahDUBS
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Nya Nya! Posts : 301

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/nipahdubs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:46 pm

In my opinion, the "stuck up" personalities of "popular" people is just another stereotypical view, if that makes any sense. It's stupid, it's just like in real life. It's judging someone without actually getting to know them very well.

I'm not really a "popular" youtaite, so I can't say anything much about this topic, I can't really say anything about them or their lifestyle or how they cope or anything, but it does look stressful for them to keep up with all the comments on their videos and all the messages that they might get.

The thing is, popularity won't really matter if you're having fun. Some people don't understand that.
And singing isn't just about having fun, but it's also about so much more, it's about making friends, developing communication skills, etc.
There's so much we do without realizing.
And we have to take our time to appreciate those things, instead of how many subscribers we might have, or how much attention we get, because honestly, I think that everyone has learned something though the experience of being in this community.

And you don't have to be "popular" to sing. It doesn't really matter if you have 10,000 subs, or 1 sub, nothing is stopping you from posting anything. Singing is just for fun, we're not competing or anything. This isn't X-Factor or Britain's Got Talents or anything.
And obviously, at one point or another, we will all receive hate, but it's our job to ignore it and our job to recognize what is hate and what is constructive criticism, and improve on that if we want.

Why do we sing?
Everyone has their reasons.
And we should always remember that reason.
We shouldn't let things like the amount of subscribers we have or how many views we get affect us.
Yes, we should celebrate the fact that we have people listening to us.
But we shouldn't let that stop us from singing.
We aren't here to sing for subscribers.

//sigh.
...cookies, anyone? //SHOT
Hikari
Hikari
Keyboard Smasher

Singing Alias : ❄ヒカリ Posts : 1958

Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4)

https://www.youtube.com/c/hikariboo

Back to top Go down

Post by jascarly123zo Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:23 am

^ 88888888888 Well said, gurl. ; u ; <3 I would like a cookie. //shot
jascarly123zo
jascarly123zo
Keyboard Smasher

Singing Alias : Jasmine Posts : 2336

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWR6WqWK9n6t1cWPnqB0zpg

Back to top Go down

Post by LiteS0ul Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:25 pm

OhhhhMahhhGawshhh first post in like forever...

"Popular" singers scare me! /(>O<)\
No no not really, but I get super nervous though...but then again, I get super nervous around anyone I don't know. lololol

But I look up to the popular singers, for their dedication, skill, and friendliness!, but I never try to talk to them cuz I'm just plain too intimidated to approach/ask them.
OTL WHY AM I SUCH A SHY LOSER. *sobbu* LOL this is just me though... :/

I agree with Hikari, it shouldn't matter as long as you're having fun! AND thanks for the cookies. Hope they'll make me good at singing... ^.^
LiteS0ul
LiteS0ul
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : _ Posts : 277

Back to top Go down

Post by EroJun Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:29 am

Hikari wrote:In my opinion, the "stuck up" personalities of "popular" people is just another stereotypical view, if that makes any sense. It's stupid, it's just like in real life. It's judging someone without actually getting to know them very well.

I'm not really a "popular" youtaite, so I can't say anything much about this topic, I can't really say anything about them or their lifestyle or how they cope or anything, but it does look stressful for them to keep up with all the comments on their videos and all the messages that they might get.

The thing is, popularity won't really matter if you're having fun. Some people don't understand that.
And singing isn't just about having fun, but it's also about so much more, it's about making friends, developing communication skills, etc.
There's so much we do without realizing.
And we have to take our time to appreciate those things, instead of how many subscribers we might have, or how much attention we get, because honestly, I think that everyone has learned something though the experience of being in this community.

And you don't have to be "popular" to sing. It doesn't really matter if you have 10,000 subs, or 1 sub, nothing is stopping you from posting anything. Singing is just for fun, we're not competing or anything. This isn't X-Factor or Britain's Got Talents or anything.
And obviously, at one point or another, we will all receive hate, but it's our job to ignore it and our job to recognize what is hate and what is constructive criticism, and improve on that if we want.

Why do we sing?
Everyone has their reasons.
And we should always remember that reason.
We shouldn't let things like the amount of subscribers we have or how many views we get affect us.
Yes, we should celebrate the fact that we have people listening to us.
But we shouldn't let that stop us from singing.
We aren't here to sing for subscribers.

//sigh.
...cookies, anyone? //SHOT

There may be people who do sing for subscribers because they're more serious than the rest of us. "Everyone has their reasons". Your writing is contradictive. etc.

That said, I do like your positive way of seeing this. ^^

EroJun
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : 俊 (Jun) Posts : 97

https://www.youtube.com/user/Junightor

Back to top Go down

Post by IceQueen975 Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:10 pm

I have like 18 subscribers... I don't even try Hyper

I definatly think it's a mix of talent, good mixing and social media. And for me it's a mixed thing. Half og me is like "No, don't listen to my horrid voice sweet Jesus!!" but the other half is like "Must have ALL the subscribers!"

I haven't put a cover in a year but I want to but my mixing sucks and I can never find a mixer... Crying
IceQueen975
IceQueen975
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Icy, Flair Posts : 198

https://www.youtube.com/user/IceQueen975?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimoicchi Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:54 pm

I've had 1 subscriber since forever. And that's my mother. Wink

Well my mom says I suck because she's freaking music BA/perfect pitch/choir/pianist
Kimoicchi
Kimoicchi
Talkative

Singing Alias : キモイ Posts : 435

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

http://kimoicchi@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2