Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Wed May 01, 2024 5:28 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

An Issue I've Encountered

+5
Dympchan
Kumbancha
Kyoeru
Onion
Nezaibaka
9 posters

Go down

An Issue I've Encountered Empty An Issue I've Encountered

Post by Nezaibaka Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:35 pm

Some of you know me and most of you do not. Well anyway, a brief introduction, my name is Remy and like you I'm a fandubber however, I ran into a sort of issue. I noticed that there was a fandubber that brought up this issue of cliques and groups that have been made on YTC and left once and I'm sort of bringing the topic up again once more and I bet its come up a few more times, so I guess its my turn to say something. I feel like this place gives an impression that we're all welcoming to others and I'm sure that some of us are, however it feel like its only an impression (If that makes sense). I do feel like groups have been made and those groups don't necessarily let others enter as easily. I know that I'm probably not an active user and maybe (being a keyword), I shouldn't really say anything however, its a sort of opinion that I had.

Often I tell myself that I should probably give this place another try and try to get to know others however, I feel like this place is very closed in with the groups so I tend to drift away from this forum, then come back in an effort to try again. So now, I'm making a larger effort to get people to accept people more and get out of those groups and into a more unified group. I could be speaking on behalf of the newer members that couldn't exactly get into those groups because it was too late for them too, or more so them and myself. It will most likely be hard to break out of these groups, I know and maybe it all sounds good, but in the end won't happen, but its worth a try right? I like to hear your comments too and if you agree, I like to hear some ways that we can maybe fix this problem so everyone can get a chance to know everyone and have a better more unified YTchorus.

Yours Truly,
Remy
Nezaibaka
Nezaibaka
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Rémi Posts : 187

https://www.youtube.com/user/Nezaibaka

Back to top Go down

An Issue I've Encountered Empty Re: An Issue I've Encountered

Post by Onion Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:58 pm

Ok. So I might not be a mod or an admin (they handle most of this stuff anyways) but, don't drift away from here because of cliques. Even though there are many, it isn't that true that people push newbies away. I'm really bad at giving advice but, try to relate with people with the same interests you have, talk to people in "Chit-Chat," connect with people on YT by commenting on videos and such, go to word games for about 25 to 30 minutes. Present a skype account and ask to be invited to a call or conversation, and most importantly, be yourself. People here will most definitly shun posers. Please try to be active more also. I just love stalking people I\'m In Love.. I mean. Wait what? So I hoped this kinda helped out.
Onion
Onion
*~Sparkling Mixer~*

Singing Alias : Onion Posts : 4112

I'm on the spice rack! Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story Blind Duets Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/SeirenOnion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nezaibaka Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:14 pm

Well, you don't have to be a mod or admin to comment I guess. I really appreciate your advice and concern so thank you very much for commenting! ^_^ I will definitely take your advice (Eto... I don't think I ever caught your name owo. Well you know mine XD) I'm a little disturbed at how "hard" someone has to try to fit in or belong though. I remember before YTC (not insisting that YTC is bad or anything. I believe it has a good amount of pros), we didn't have to try so hard, like post a lot or play word games. We didn't comment on other videos to get views or get popular or get our names out as much. We were able to be ourselves and talk to others and didn't have the need to feel like we belong because everyone there just simply let us in and belong. My views maybe be different from another I'm sure, it's just I don't really want to feel pressured into belonging. I suppose Fandubbing boasted my confidence and made me feel better because I belonged somewhere, here on the forums, it feels like I'm back where I started.

(Side note, I'm also curious to see how many people would consider on replying back to this topic.)
Nezaibaka
Nezaibaka
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyoeru Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:16 pm

Whut Onion-Tan said.
and.
If you want we can start a clique 8D
Jk
Rem-Chi I'm willing to be your friend, since I don't Know hat many people...
so yeah. Also, try joining active threads, get into the convos, we're all nice~ Umm join , stalk, and comment on the user choruses. That can help in some way. (Onion. I love you sig. I stalk WXXS all the time...)
Dont be afraid to add people on skype if you have one or plan on making one!
You can add mine I guess: Kyoeru
and if you have MSN:Pipiruu
Aim's same as MSN if you have that
Etc, so I'm willing to be your friend :D
Kyoeru
Kyoeru
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : toY Posts : 274

Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:41 pm

i don't really understand the group thing people keep talking about
someone should make a list of it

"I feel like this place is very closed in with the groups"
talk to people? because you can be friends with an individual, rather than their group? ouo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumbancha Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:02 am

I would make the list but it would be kind of innacurate ;P

I just know I'm guilty of belonging in one of those so-called cliques OTL

and even so, I suck at being social even though I love you all, and I wish we could talk to each other ;A;

if I haven't got to know you better just add me to skype and we could chat for a while, Skype is the best way of contacting me, either that or Youtube comments
Kumbancha
Kumbancha
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kumba Posts : 1151

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Dympchan Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:02 am

You know. It's just like in High School. There are cliques too, and it's the same in here.
I've always been the one who belongs to every clique. >< I like to talk to new people and ofcourse my own friends.
I think the best way to meet new people you can say welcome in the newbie thread. Or go in to the Post your picture thread, it's very fun.

Also, your always welcome with me. Just how my signature says: Dympchan loves everyone ~<3

Dympchan
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Banner Decorator * 1 Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story Treasure Hunt Runner Ups

Back to top Go down

Post by Nezaibaka Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:35 am

@Dympchan Of course I'll make an effort to know most of you ^_^ but I agree, it is very much like high school. So it makes me feel uncomfortable because I first came to fandubbing because it was at first a very open-minded community so the need to feel like I have to belong wasn't really there.

@Kumba Maybe we could exchange Skypes ^_^

@Yanovi Like I stated before, I'll make an effort to however, I'll still have that feeling that the groups will still be around. I'm not too concerned about having to fit and making more friends, just that the mentality of groups just seems to bother me a lot.

Nezaibaka
Nezaibaka
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by OuterOcean Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:51 pm

Well, I've found that this place is really welcoming!
I loved it here from the word go, and felt that I fitted straight in.
I've been on frostier forums.

That said, it is with a certain group of people, but it's not as if we're not welcoming to new people, and all of us are regulars in the newbs thread.
I love new friends anyways, and you're welcome to come and play with me, even if I'm not to your taste.
(I'm a little childish)
OuterOcean
OuterOcean
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Ocean or 海洋 Posts : 791

Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Nezaibaka Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:59 pm

I suppose I speak on behalf on the "older" generation of fandubbers so to speak since we feel as though we do not fit into this forum as well as others and not suggesting that all of you are not welcoming since most of you are. I would say this whole thing would have to go with perspective of things.

Although, there are a lot of prejudices in this forum, or that's what I think that weren't really an issue before.
Nezaibaka
Nezaibaka
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by OuterOcean Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:06 pm

Yeah, I do see where you're coming from.
Although, I wouldn't say were were close minded.
I do suppose it depends on your perspective though, especially if you don't like the games and silliness we do.
With my group of friends, we do take it a little far, and that can be intimidating I suppose.
OuterOcean
OuterOcean
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Ocean or 海洋 Posts : 791

Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Puppet Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:18 pm

I sorta understand what you're talking about since I'm new here. But sometimes its not exactely the older fandubbers fault, I guess sometimes its that the new people are scared to try and talk to the older fandubbers? Since they seem to accustommed and have so many inside jokes. And on the welcoming forums, its usually the newbies welcoming the newbies etc etc. But I've made some good friends with the old cliches, sometimes its being at the right forum place at the right time and saying the right things i guess ._.
Puppet
Puppet
Talkative

Singing Alias : Puppet Posts : 478

http://www.stringstomypuppet.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumbancha Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:11 pm

Nezaibaka wrote:

@Kumba Maybe we could exchange Skypes ^_^

sure!

Mine is rayopuffywuffy

=D

Hopefully we can talk there and get to know each other
Kumbancha
Kumbancha
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kumba Posts : 1151

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Dympchan Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:08 am

Oh. I'll give mine to.

My Skye is Dympchan

Dympchan
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Banner Decorator * 1 Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story Treasure Hunt Runner Ups

Back to top Go down

Post by Piri Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:10 am

I totally get you though I am in one of the cliques OTL
I can't help it I need to find somewhere I belong to, right? since everyone has their own |-orz People I share the same interest and stuff (:

But I'm open to new people ♥
You can totally approach me. I don't bite...
I just don't make the first move D: *shy*
: D we can exchange skypes if ya want owo;; like I said tho I don't make the first move. I would make the first move if I really know the person better <3 hope to know you better XD
Piri
Piri
Keyboard Smasher

Singing Alias : Piri Posts : 2248

Post Spammer Winner

https://www.youtube.com/user/domouob

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherysh Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:28 am

I guess "groups" or "cliques" are inevitable in all sorts of communities - in real life and on the internet. You cannot expect everyone to like or get on and know everyone (for one reason or another) and there may be people that you can relate to or happen to get along with better than others. Realistically, I also think that it's nearly impossible for "everyone to get to know everyone" - well maybe by user name or some sort of familiarity from seeing them around the forums, but not all personally. But If there is someone you want to know ask if you can add them on skype, or interact with them on the forums or on twitter or youtube etc. You must take the initiative! (But don't be creepy/stalkerish lol.)

I know that these forums house "cliques", but I do actually think that most of the people on these forums are rather accepting - whether of newbies or others (individuals that have the same interests or live in the same country etc).

If one interacts more with the members of these forums, one will get to know more people. I think Skype in particularly is a good way to speak to others in order to get to know them better.

Though I honestly think that the problem occurs because people don't try hard enough to get to know others (I'm one example) or they get to know certain people, are introduced to said person's "group" and sticks with them, not bothering to get to know more people because they are already comfortable with who they know (but that is not to say that they don't want to get to know more people).

I'm happy to get to know the newer members of these forums and those that I haven't talked to before (whether through this forums or on skype) - but the main reason I personally think deters me from getting to know others more closely stems from the fact that I am a terrible conversation maker and I'm scared of annoying others on skype!

Well I hope that the people that have encountered this "issue" resolve it (:

(Hmm... I wonder if there is a "Get to know someone" thread or something like that where you can post in and randomly get to know others...)
Cherysh
Cherysh
Talkative

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Nezaibaka Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:40 am

@Puppet From what I've heard of, there's a sort of generation of fandubbers. Summer of 2009 and back would be considered the older fandubbers, then of course we have the fandubbers that stayed on this forum from the beginning and so from there, the "cliques" were created. I would agree that it seems like if you were there at the right time, you would be put into those groups and I suppose it does go with being at the right forum place at the right time.

@shockl8 Sure! We can exchange skypes ^_^ What's yours? I'll add it quickly :3

@Cherysh I see what you're saying. Referring back to this "older generation" of fandubbers (Probably a little before YTchorus I would say), we won't try hard enough to talk to the people in this forum but my guess is because we're so accustomed to having a Youtube where we didn't try as hard because there was no need to. I would have to say, before the forum, everyone was a little bit more open-minded and the need to belong wasn't as strong. There wasn't really a "popular" group. Of course there were popular fandubbers since there were really good at the time however, now-a-days, I see really good fandubbers neglected because they don't interact onto the forums and they show true talent and personality through their singing. Not saying everyone doesn't have talent, but I guess, those talents that shine more than the rest.

Nezaibaka
Nezaibaka
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Piri Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:07 pm

My skypuu \o\ xshoshock

feel free to chat with me :3
Piri
Piri