Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

i have a problem in my recorded voice!!

+5
ChoAkkar ♥
Una
FSH
irO
Dia★
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

i have a problem in my recorded voice!! Empty i have a problem in my recorded voice!!

Post by Guest Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:19 pm

well I have all the things tht are necessary for the singing.. but when i finish singing.. i played the song i sang but.. my voice sounds different.. it isn't like my voice.. sounds too girly and weird.. i don't like it.. help me please!!! or if there's any program that can change my voice problem recorded then don't hesitate and please tell me!!

Back to top Go down

i have a problem in my recorded voice!! Empty Re: i have a problem in my recorded voice!!

Post by Dia★ Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:36 pm

Well~ the simplest solution is just that your voice sounds different than you think ^^;; Like sometimes after I sing, my voice sounds WAY too nasally =3=
Then, there's how we always "want" to sound like the original singer :3 Like, if it's a Miku song, that's probably why you sound so girly~
Try singing along with the off vocal if you know the rhythms really, really well, because then you can hear yourself best.
Dia★
Dia★
Talkative

Singing Alias : Diamond, ▲D愛モント Posts : 524

Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/DiamondWarrior987

Back to top Go down

i have a problem in my recorded voice!! Empty Re: i have a problem in my recorded voice!!

Post by irO Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:57 pm

FlutterFly wrote:Well~ the simplest solution is just that your voice sounds different than you think ^^;; Like sometimes after I sing, my voice sounds WAY too nasally =3=
Then, there's how we always "want" to sound like the original singer :3 Like, if it's a Miku song, that's probably why you sound so girly~
Try singing along with the off vocal if you know the rhythms really, really well, because then you can hear yourself best.

speaking of hearing yourself best.... i often record with one side of the headphones off my ear (ie, one on, one off) so i can hear myself clearly.... it's a bad habit yes orz but it helps me catch off notes and strange pronunciations......

i'm strange yea... i'm sorry

but what FlutterFly said is true. There's always a voice that you want yourself to sound like (me: WHY CAN'T I SOUND SEXY DAMMIT), and often you're surprised at what you actually sound like. It's not a bad thing. It's more like discovering who YOU are in the world of singing. Your own voice kind of grows on you after a while (I still dislike my own voice)
irO
irO
iPost'a'Lot

Singing Alias : いろ Posts : 2740
Location : in a cardboard box that's in a room that's in a house that's in a city that's in a province that's in Canada

https://www.youtube.com/user/Oriolis

Back to top Go down

Post by FSH Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:05 pm

I already grew on me! =3 As for irO's headphone thingy, most celebrities do that. I don't... BECAUSE I WANNA SOUND AS OFFKEY AS POSSSIBLE!!!! 8DDDD
FSH
FSH
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : 魚二三 Posts : 1356

Post Spammer Winner

https://www.youtube.com/user/FScarlettHenry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:58 pm

that's weird because i always sing with my voice.. i never tend to sound like someone..;;; is it the problem of the microphone? ㅠㅠ

Back to top Go down

Post by Una Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:18 pm

Well o-o Usually your voice sounds deeper and more mature when you hear it yourself (like, not through a recording), but in actual fact it's actually higher and more childish. It's a scientific thing :/ (which I cba to explain, cos I only saw it once on tv) It has something to do with th blood vessels in your ear or something.

-SHOT-

Ehh so basically. There might not be any problem at all. It might merely be you not being used to hearing your own voice o-o Maybe your mic makes you sound a little different in some way but based on th mics I've ever used, the difference isn't all that drastic o: And anyway you can't really change your voice with a programme of some sort 8D

~Una
Una
Una
Talkative

My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1

https://www.youtube.com/user/Unawhut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:37 pm

then my voice usually is like more girly.. that's weird because comparing from girls in my school my voice is the most deepest..

Back to top Go down

Post by Una Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:35 pm

Lol then that just means the other girls sound more childish 8D Besides, how childish can you sound? (....unless you're one of those people who still have extremely cute and childish voices even at your age)

~Una
Una
Una
Talkative

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:10 pm

no! never! my voice sounds somehow like a bit boy and girl voice mixed...

Back to top Go down

Post by ChoAkkar ♥ Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:38 pm

Maybe I should try recording like irO, one side on, one side off. 8D;;

But yeah, we do hear ourselves as deeper than how it sounds when it's recorded; or from other's view/ears.
ChoAkkar ♥
ChoAkkar ♥
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : やっち姫 (Yacchi-Hi Posts : 1654

Banner Design Winner Dec 2009

http://choupanko.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:01 pm

Does everyone that record their singing sounds different from their usual voice.. or does it sound exactly the same?

Back to top Go down

Post by Una Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:19 pm

Nop. It *insert word here, because 'rarely' doesnt really fit :/* sounds exactly th same (some people do sound exactly like their speaking voice though). Some people have a relatively deep voice when they speak but their singing voice may be higher than their speaking voice (th difference in pitch depends). I'm not too sure about someone's voice sounding lower when they sing than when they speak, but I'm sure there's a possibility (I just never came across anyone like that before, since most of the time people sound higher when they sing)

*blabbers nonsense* -SHOT-

(EDIT: *points to person below* Apparently guys sound lower when they sing than talk, now that I think of it o: *thinking about Caspy*)

~Una

Last edited by Una on Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Una
Una
Talkative

Back to top Go down

Post by Jefferz Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:52 pm

Well my voice is naturally on the higher side and it's a bit nasally. But when I sing my voice does sound a bit lower mainly because I attempt to sing unasally so it sort of sounds lower (I also sound more mature when I sing, I sound like 14 when i talk).
Jefferz
Jefferz
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Jefferz Posts : 278

https://www.youtube.com/jefferzkm

Back to top Go down

Post by Una Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:14 am

Oh bleh. Screw sounding formal =A=. Basically whether a person sounds the same or different than their talking voice depends on each individual >_> Besides. Why don't you post your singing and talking voice so we might be able to somehow pinpoint if it's really your microphone having problems, or if it's you who's having problems believing that it's really your voice. Sheesh. Also, people who sound like they're singing live just have a good mic or really good mixing skills.

~Una
Una
Una
Talkative

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:38 pm

alright i'll post my singing but i'll put it some days later... I'm sure all the one who hears me singing will bleed in their ears...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:04 pm

I found out something.. my voice is normal when i record/ sing without the music.. but with the off vocal version of me singing changes my voice..
I don't know what to do to put my singing in a off vocal version...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:04 pm

does someone know how to solve this weird problem?!

Back to top Go down

Post by ChoAkkar ♥ Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:17 pm

Ah, then; it is in a different key that's suitable for your voice. Try pitching the off vocal up or down, see which makes you sing more comfortably. Hope this helps. Wink
ChoAkkar ♥
ChoAkkar ♥
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:08 pm

One question.. Iam beginner in audacity.. so I must use the one in effect in "change pitch"? in the off vocal version.. are you saying about that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia★ Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:35 pm

*raises hand*
Yep, I'm pretty sure that's what she's saying♪
What you'll want to do is import the off vocal into the window you sang in, (or paste your singing into the window you opened the off vocal in) then select the whole off vocal. After this you go to "change pitch" and then there are two really simple ways to get it to the pitch you want, which is to use the "Semitones (half-steps)" box or the two lists of keys you can chage it to. If you use the semitones box, you have to put a minus before the number of keys to lower the pitch, so be careful o,o Usually a pitched off vocal is two to three keys away from the original song, but it can go to higher extremes. Good luck~ ^^;
Dia★
Dia★
Talkative

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:34 pm

wow.. that was interesting! thank you let me try that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:04 pm

hmm i tried it.. but it is more harder... i don't know what to do... ㅠㅠ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia★ Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:17 am

junieangel wrote:I found out something.. my voice is normal when i record/ sing without the music.. but with the off vocal version of me singing changes my voice..

... Okay, wait a second. I think I might actually REALLY know what your problem is this time. >_>; By "singing with the off vocal" do you mean recording in Audacity with the off vocal already imported in? Because, since you're doing this in Audacity, something like that can actually distort your vocals... Sweat It also creates lag and a whole bunch of other nasty stuffs. =,=;
Dia★
Dia★
Talkative

Back to top Go down

Post by ChoAkkar ♥ Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:28 am

But I do that all the time and it doesn't really distort my voice. ._.
ChoAkkar ♥
ChoAkkar ♥
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciel Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:06 am

FlutterFly wrote:
junieangel wrote:I found out something.. my voice is normal when i record/ sing without the music.. but with the off vocal version of me singing changes my voice..

... Okay, wait a second. I think I might actually REALLY know what your problem is this time. >_>; By "singing with the off vocal" do you mean recording in Audacity with the off vocal already imported in? Because, since you're doing this in Audacity, something like that can actually distort your vocals... Sweat It also creates lag and a whole bunch of other nasty stuffs. =,=;

It won't distort your vocals, but latency (lag in the vocals) is a natural process. After all, from the time your voice is recorded, the computer needs to process the analogue data into digital data, which thus means it will always be a fraction slower. The more lag there is, the slower your processor is, is all. It's not THAT much effort to go in and drag the track a bit forward to time it to the karaoke!
Ciel
Ciel
Retired Staff

http://flavors.me/justciel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next