Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Yesterday at 5:28 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

Ciel's Vocaloid Pick of the Day

+4
Kumbancha
Speck
Variegeta
Ciel
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ciel's Vocaloid Pick of the Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Ciel's Vocaloid Pick of the Day

Post by Ciel Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:35 pm

@xyz: I love kous so much <3! I wish I had money to buy his albums ><! Sooo far the only solid album I've spent money on is buzzG's first album (so worth it 8D), haha.

ANYWAY. long time no update! I've been busy/lazy when I had free time/not too interested in most new songs = worst combination for a new-song-release recommendation post, really.

It was GUMI's birthday on the 26th of June though! Meaning! GUMI SPAM! ALL WEEKEND LONG. Cool. There is no one in this world happier than me (...okay maybe my GUMI Cluster friends) about the love she got <3. I wish it was all year round but that's asking for too much 8D. THAT SAID. LOTS OF SHINY GUUUUUMIIIII SONGS! Gonna pimp my 4 favourites 8D.

GUMI - Nakimushi Ensemble (Crybaby's Ensemble)
Link: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11187401
Composition&Lyrics: TOKOTOKO (NishizawasanP)
Genre: Acoustic Rock
Comments: This song's getting a lot of attention for people mistaking it for being a DECO*27 song and being related to Yowamushi Montblanc because the titles are kind of similar 8D. And also for sounding like Puzzle by KuwagataP? I don't think so, but I can see where the thoughts are coming from (if you try sticking in Puzzle adlibs during the instrubreaks in this song it flows perfectly XD). Anyway, an absolutely beautiful rock/acoustic ballad, which utilises the strength of GUMI's low range - she sounds almost human in my opinion! The guitars are aoishdglkas so enchanting. To top it off? One of my favourite artists ever, Booota, did the art for the PV, which was very tastefully made and super cute. CUTEEEEEEEEEE. But yeah, that said, it's a really really gorgeous song, so give it a listen! NishizawasanP hasn't had this much attention since Maigo Life, so I'm really happy for him!

GUMI - Sayonara Polaris (Goodbye Polaris)
Link: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11189525
Composition: Nem
Lyrics: Touka Nayuta
Genre: Pop
Comments: NEMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. My favourite P in the entire world. Most people will know him for Scissorhands and Star Mine! I'm so so happy he's finally back with a new song, which just reeks of his usual style XD. It's such a cute wintery song. Yes. Wintery. In his comments he mentioned this was meant to be out in January...so...XD. But it's still a beauuuutiful song. I love the mellow, laid-back feel of the song so much! Usako played the violin for this, btw! Yay violins!

GUMI - Omoide Kakera (Fragments of Memories)
Link: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/nm11195743
Composition&Lyrics: DarubisshuP
Genre: Rock
Comments: GUMI Rock is the most amazing thing in the world, let me just say. DarubisshuP is also adsihgalskdghas amazing. Anyway, the strong guitars are absolutely sexy, and the melody is really really beautiful. This song is so so so much repeat material XDD. I love it when P's use GUMI to sing low notes, because she really pulls them off super well! And it also means screamer guys are more likely to cover it 8D!!

GUMI - LAST YEAR (retake)
Link: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11202495
Composition&Lyrics: buzzG
Genre: Rock
Comments: This is a bit of a shameless pimp XD. Anyway, I was hoping to do more for GUMI's birthday but turns out this was all I had the time to. I collaborated with buzzG & Elie (エリィ) by making the PVs for their respective versions of the song. Anyway, for GUMI's birthday, buzzG released a complete retake of his debut Vocaloid song, it is absolutely amazing. LAST YEAR has always been one of my favourite buzzG songs, and the retake is just...on a different level to the original, which is still good IMO. BUT YEAH. DO LISTEN. BECAUSE IT'S A GOOD SONG. KAY? KAY. Also like I mentioned earlier, this was a dual upload collaboration, and I also did the PV to Elie's version, so if you have the time listen to that too 8D.

There are definitely moremoremore GUMI songs uploaded, so feel free to check out this tag at Nico Nico Douga if you're curious!

I'll try to update tomorrow with some non-bias 8D;;.
Ciel
Ciel
Retired Staff

My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1

http://flavors.me/justciel

Back to top Go down

Ciel's Vocaloid Pick of the Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Ciel's Vocaloid Pick of the Day

Post by Kumbancha Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:52 pm

Gumi is getting much more love now that she did last year, or at least it seems that way to me, There are now more Gumi songs entering the rankings frequently which is nice, Means she's getting more popular, and all songs by her are so lovely =D
Kumbancha
Kumbancha
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kumba Posts : 1151

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciel Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:43 am

Definitely! I'm glad she's more popular, and this whole anniversary/birthday thing has made a lot of P's want to buy her as well, so yayyy for GUMI love spreading! GUMI's always been a cult favourite, kinda - she's extremely well loved by the people who love her, but treated indifferently by everyone else, which makes me super sad ;_;. DECO*27's new GUMI album will hopefully raise GUMI awareness though! Hopefully more popular P's start using GUMI <3
Ciel
Ciel
Retired Staff

My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1

http://flavors.me/justciel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2