Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

Feedback Badges!

+6
ShanaInREmix
Riyumi
yuriques
Xin
sonic-nancy-fan
Aerlith
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which system do you prefer?

Feedback Badges!  - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Feedback Badges!  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
Feedback Badges!  - Page 2 Vote_lcap92%Feedback Badges!  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 92% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Feedback Badges!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Feedback Badges!

Post by DefectRila Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:00 pm

Suggesting For point system:
(This is under the assumption that we're doing this manually)

A Thread created for mods to check the initial point earnings (One that doesnt use request, and where the points are passed out).
People will have to post their feedbacks to the mods using an entry form for their things to be reviewed. Mods will go through it and delete and add/confirm the feedbacks as they come in. 

The main post would have a scoreboard that archives the feedbacks earned or any changes to the system or whatnot. A new thread can be created monthly.

Entry forms would prob have to include like spoiler quotes or something along with like link to page(?) and the desired level of feedback(?)

If people do not bring in their feedback within the month it was posted it can be dismissed and they wont earn points for it(?)

Requesting feedbacks can have its own individual subforum and would require indication of some sort as to who is getting the points paid to by the OP. (If there are no indications and requests are continued to be made, this can be a violation? IDK) Mods can sift through these cause there will most likely be an indication as to who contributed the main request which in turn the mod would mark it as confirmed and either throw it into archives(?) or leave it there for the remaining month(?)

DefectRila
Shinra's Pet
Shinra's Pet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:22 pm

I HAD MORE TIME TO DIGEST AND DISCUSSED WITH SHINRA AND REI THROUGH SHINRA SO HERE IS AN UPDATE TO THE POINT SYSTEM IF WE DO USE IT.

First off, there would be two categories for the points.

Total Points Earned: 57 <-- This is the number of points that goes towards the badges. You do NOT have to buy the badges individually. Once you hit the tier, you will earn the badge. We do request that you notify us WHEN you hit the number though. At 57, this person would be eligible for both the Kaito badge and the Luka badge.
Total Available Points for Spending: 17 <-- This is the number of points you have available to request feedback. This number means that the person has already spent 40 points requesting feedback (and has ALSO received the requested feedback).

Everyone who is currently signed up and has a portfolio will start off with 5 points. Everyone else after that will get 3 points after they post an intro thread, 2 points for a portfolio thread.

Yes. I am making them post an intro thread because it's 1) easy way to keep track of people, 2) We actually get to meet them.

Regarding the portfolios, if we do this, everyone on the forum will have a week to make their portfolios before we award the five points. This means that any new members that join during that week will NOT get an extra three points for posting an intro thread. I am opting for this option instead of giving EVERY SINGLE PERSON five points 'cause we'd have to manually do that, and even with the help of the mods, it'd still take us a good day or two. And especially since a lot of people are inactive... waste of time. It is better for us to know that people are willing to take the effort to make a portfolio first, too.

Anyway, we would have a separate category for anything that can get points for feedback. Category would have boards: one each for covers, translyrics, writing, and art. Then there would be a board above all of that (in the Feedback board still) that will be for requests.

EACH INDIVIDUAL REQUEST FOR FEEDBACK WILL BE ONE THREAD. So me specifying that I want feedback for say.. a story. One thread. If I want feedback for something else, make a new thread. If someone wants to give feedback, they need to complete the feedback in the designated portfolio first and then POST IN THE THREAD with a link to their feedback. They will then link that post to the monthly feedback thread.

To address what Rei said, making a thread for requesting feedback would be mandatory. If we do not see a thread and someone claims that they are fulfilling a request, they will NOT get the double points. They will still get the regular points, just wouldn't be double.

In order to make a request, I would need the amount of points needed to pay for the request. So say I want an in-depth critique for my daze cover, if I only have five points, I CANNOT request it. Requested feedbacks take double the points, so I would need SIX points. I would have to give feedback to someone first before I have enough points for the requested in-depth.

If you do not have enough points to request feedback, your thread will be locked/denied. Alternatively we could also delete it, but I feel like if someone really wants to give feedback on something and not receive the double points for it, they can do that.

As mentioned, there would be a monthly thread for people to turn in their feedback, along with a form. If it is a requested feedback, they will have to LINK to the specific request thread that they fulfilled. Mods will take a look at the feedback, see that it fits the one that the person says they are doing, then award/take points away as necessary. They would edit the original feedback post to say that the points have been given (Reason for Edit: +3 points for in-depth feedback; +6 points for doing a requested in-depth feedback, -6 points for requesting a in-depth feedback), THEN POST that they have awarded points. This is to prevent any cheating from happening, where someone can delete the "Reason for editing" in their posts.

You would need to POST the link to your feedback in the monthly feedback thread. It is unfair to mods to have them have to comb through posts to award the points.

Also, Shinra and I checked, and mods are able to also award points..! So yay. That will make it much easier.

If the request has been fulfilled, it will be moved to a "Finished Requests" subboard. If anyone else gives feedback on a fulfilled request, they will NOT receive double points, and the person who wanted the request will NOT lose any points. If someone wants multiple people to give feedback, they would need to tell us in the thread AND have enough points to pay for it. So for example, if I want three people to give me an intermediate feedback for a cover, I can specify it in my thread. Then each time someone fulfills a request, I'll give them four points and they will receive four points. Second person who fulfills request will still get four points, third person will get four points.

I should also mention that you are free to give feedback to people who DO NOT request feedback. You just wouldn't get the double points.

OKAY. How does that sound? I know it sounds a bit complicated, so we can always try a trial run first?
Aerlith
Aerlith
Forever messing with staff.

Singing Alias : Aerlith Posts : 1976
I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/xAerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:11 am

it does sound a bit complicated, but from what i understand, it sounds good to me so far.  i just want to make sure i understand everything correctly:

if you want to request feedback for a particular piece of work, do you also HAVE to post it in your portfolio?  even if it's unfinished and you just want some opinions so you can fix things or make adjustments or you just don't want to post it in your portfolio?

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:58 am

If it's unfinished, you would not have to post it in your portfolio. You can just link it in the thread.

This one part I'm not sure about though -annoys everyone else-. I was thinking it would be easier if the feedback is all in one place, so even for WIPs, feedback can still go in the portfolio. Or would it make more sense for WIP feedback to go in the request thread? I'm worried it'd confused people? xD

So thinking the feedback itself should still go in the portfolio, even for a WIP. The WIP link does not have to be in the portfolio though. Just needs to be in the request thread.

Does that clear it up? Minus the additional question I brought up.
Aerlith
Aerlith

I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:04 pm

Aerlith wrote:As mentioned, there would be a monthly thread for people to turn in their feedback, along with a form. If it is a requested feedback, they will have to LINK to the specific request thread that they fulfilled. Mods will take a look at the feedback, see that it fits the one that the person says they are doing, then award/take points away as necessary. They would edit the original feedback post to say that the points have been given (Reason for Edit: +3 points for in-depth feedback; +6 points for doing a requested in-depth feedback, -6 points for requesting a in-depth feedback), THEN POST that they have awarded points. This is to prevent any cheating from happening, where someone can delete the "Reason for editing" in their posts.

Okay, I want to make sure I understand this.

Each person keeps track of their own feedback and then links to it in the feedback thread for that month, right?

Does a person need to do a review every month to keep their points or can a month be skipped?

If someone has 20 points, gets the first badge, then uses some points, do they still keep the badge? I am assuming they do, but I thought I would ask to make sure.
sonic-nancy-fan
sonic-nancy-fan
Administrator

Singing Alias : Joker Posts : 682

Penny for your thoughts! Ai Kotoba II Words Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

http://sonicnancyfan.blog.fc2.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:36 pm

Month can be skipped! c: So if you don't do any feedback for a month, you'd still keep your points.

Yep, you need to keep track of your feedback and link it. You can link it each time you are done with a round of feedback (if you only plan on doing one at a time, you can just do one at a time). You would not need to wait until the end of the month to link to ALL of your feedback posts.

The amount of points available would be in your profile, so you can see how many points you have. You should expect some delay in updating though, since the mods aren't able to be on the forums 24/7.

They will still be able to keep the badge. The total points earned goes towards the badge. The total points available would be what you can spend. So yeah, as long as your total points earned is higher than what is required for the badge, you should have the badge.

Doessssss that help?
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic-nancy-fan Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:18 pm

Yes~ You are very good at explaining things.XD
sonic-nancy-fan
sonic-nancy-fan
Administrator

Singing Alias : Joker Posts : 682

Penny for your thoughts! Ai Kotoba II Words Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

http://sonicnancyfan.blog.fc2.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:59 pm

I'll set up a poll so we can decide which system to use then! Smile I'll give it until the weekend to decide which one we'll settle with.

Thanks for all your feedback, everyone!
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:47 am

All right, looks like we're going with the points system. Thanks for your votes, everyone! ^_^

------

We are in the process of awarding everyone who has at least one portfolio five points. If you have not yet made a portfolio, you have a week to do so (until November 22, 2014). After that, you will only receive two points for creating a portfolio if you registered before November 14, 2014.

If you registered after November 14, 2014, you will receive three points for creating an introduction thread and two points for creating your first portfolio in either Covers, Translyrics, Writing, or Art.
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2