Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] July: Disobedience~Due July 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:43 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:17 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] June: Nature of the World~Due June 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:16 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Fri May 31, 2024 6:05 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Guest Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

[MONTHLY THEME] October: Cha-ching! Change! ~ Due October 31st!

+21
okm_KEN
raisssssu
Lys
Aisuu aka RiEDe
Hikari
Roka
CheekierNeko
xXxLoneShadowxXx
Xin
vodkaloid
YaPhoenix
misaaya
Kagi
Kimoicchi
Rei
sonic-nancy-fan
Kumoshi
Riyumi
chibeh
soren
Aerlith
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[MONTHLY THEME] October: Cha-ching! Change! ~ Due October 31st! Empty [MONTHLY THEME] October: Cha-ching! Change! ~ Due October 31st!

Post by Aerlith Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:54 pm

October is the month of Halloween. And pretty much everyone thinks of it as the month of Halloween. Or something related to death. Horror. Scaaaaaaaaary stuff. Well, this month's theme will be...

CHA-CHING! CHANGE!

Pick something that shows a character's change! Halloween is all about changing who you are, so show us this with your entry! Since it is Halloween, let's say that scary songs are okay, too. And the title of the theme... okay, money-related/greed-related entries are fine, too.

There are lots of options. No excuse for not participating this time!

Guidelines

• Your entry must be done in the month of October to be accepted.
  • Pick a song that features change. The change can be within the character, another character, or even about seasons changing.
  • A song that talks about money or features money is fine, too.
  • A song from a magical girls show works, too. Or a magical boys show. Or a horror show! Because Halloween!
  • Any kind of song from a show that talks about change (how a character changes) would also be fine.
  • Your piece of work does not need to be vocaloid-related.
  • If you are covering a song, it should be at least 1:30 minutes long. If the song you are covering is not that long and it is the full song, please let Aerlith know in advance. If the full song is over 1:30 and you are just covering part of it, it still needs to be at least 1:30 or it will not be accepted.
  • If you wish to write translyrics, please write translyrics for the whole song. 
  • If you are doing art, please do at least half-body! A background is preferable, but if you can't do that, that is fine, too.
  • In one or two sentences, please explain how your entry fits the theme.

Not sure what to do?

• How about cover Servant of Evil? Because Len transforms himself into Rin to save her? Or Alice to Sayonara because it is about a girl saying farewell to her younger self?
  • A song from a magical girls show like Sailor Moon? Or Magia from Madoka?
  • Regarding money... Gimme a Money! by Kaito and Gakupo?
  • A song from a horror or psychological thriller like Psychic Detective Yakumo? I will not be too strict on the definition of what a horror or psychological thriller is. As long as you can justify it, it will be fine.  
  • Halloween-related, how about a scary song like Macaron?
  • Your OC in a Halloween costume. Your character turned into a mahou shoujo? Or an older or younger version of your OC!

Please post your entries in this thread. Use this nifty form below!

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Link to your entry:[/b] (If you have a portfolio, you can upload it to your portfolio (ex. in Share Your Work) and then LINK to the post with the entry.)
[b]Name of your entry:[/b] (Please put the title the way you are UPLOADING the song. ex. 「HYBRID」❉【Aerlith】
[b]Why it fits the theme:[/b]

Entries will only be accepted if you post them to the thread. Please do not post a video on your portfolio or upload it onto your channel and expect us to just know that it is your entry for the monthly theme. You must also make a post about it in this thread linking to your entry.

We hope you enjoy this monthly theme! If you would like more information on how the monthly themes work, you can go here. If you are not sure whether or not your entry will fit, feel free to ask! Smile

Congratulations to Ice Elf, Kaisoumizu, KaRei, Taifuu, and Warsfeil for earning the six-month badge! It's not out yet, but it'll be out soon! Apologies!

For everyone else, remember that the monthly theme badges are consecutive, so if you participate for one month, miss a month, then join another month, you will only have one month under your belt!

Entries

Last edited by Aerlith on Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:59 pm; edited 6 times in total
Aerlith
Aerlith
Forever messing with staff.

Singing Alias : Aerlith Posts : 1976
I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/xAerlith

Back to top Go down

[MONTHLY THEME] October: Cha-ching! Change! ~ Due October 31st! Empty Re: [MONTHLY THEME] October: Cha-ching! Change! ~ Due October 31st!

Post by soren Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:19 pm

So the theme can be:
-money-related
-magical boy/girl
-'change'
-horror things (...)

am I right...? owo);;
soren
soren
Talkative

Singing Alias : soren Posts : 536

Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant

Back to top Go down

[MONTHLY THEME] October: Cha-ching! Change! ~ Due October 31st! Empty Re: [MONTHLY THEME] October: Cha-ching! Change! ~ Due October 31st!

Post by Guest Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:35 am

woot!  i didn't know it had been 6 months already xD

so many options to choose from OwO

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:14 am

Yep! I'm giving a lot of options this time. It was going to be just transformation and horror, but then the name --> money, so. XD And I figured adding the magical girl/magical boy thing was basically transformation anyway.
Aerlith
Aerlith

I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by chibeh Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:00 am

Soo.. What about change in the song itself? Like, going from acoustic to non-acoustic or something? xD (like I could pull it off?)
chibeh
chibeh

Singing Alias : Ibeh Posts : 33

Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:25 am

I am perfectly fine with that. The "change" is still happening. If you can justify it, it'll be all good. :Db

I think it will be nice to see covers of different arrangements of songs, so by all means go for it.
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Riyumi Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:47 pm

omg. such a wide topic I don't even know what to sing!

Key - Shinrei Tantei Yakumo (omg someone else who know this series makes me so happy <3)

Namae no Kaibutsu...- Supercell (Psycho Pass ED 1--before remake+ S2)

DECO*27's Delusion Tax (I blame Kurai)

Sis- Madoka

and aagasdghs so many options. what to choose *^*~
Riyumi
Riyumi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Riyumi Posts : 680

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Blind Duets Judge Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

http://duckiii3.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumoshi Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:16 pm

I was considering singing Groovy, the Cardcaptor Sakura ED, but the instrumental I have is for the TV size and only 1:04 long. Would it still qualify or should I pick a different song?

@Riyumi: AAAAAA NAMAE NO NAI KAIBUTSU PLEASE SING IT *A*
Kumoshi
Kumoshi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kumoshi Posts : 1014

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/kaisoumizu

Back to top Go down

Post by chibeh Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:30 pm

Kaisoumizu wrote:@Riyumi: AAAAAA NAMAE NO NAI KAIBUTSU PLEASE SING IT *A*
I second this, Psycho Pass is so much golden. So is Egoist

DOO EEET
chibeh
chibeh

Singing Alias : Ibeh Posts : 33

Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:31 pm

@Kaisoumizu: Yep, that's fine, since you explained it. Thanks for letting me know in advance. c:
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Riyumi Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:05 pm

@Kumoshi & Ibeh  LOL! okay. I'll do that. Let me just go on a long quest to find the instrumentals or a fan made instrumental--or else it'll be found/there'll be a strike. Supercell, Stereopony, and anything produced by Sony are taken down really quickly!
Riyumi
Riyumi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Riyumi Posts : 680

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Blind Duets Judge Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

http://duckiii3.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumoshi Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:57 pm

@Riyumi: Agh, yeah...I used to have a duet up of Namae no Nai Kaibutsu but it got taken down months after it was posted orz Good luck and I look forward to hearing it if you manage to get an instrumental ^-^
Kumoshi
Kumoshi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kumoshi Posts : 1014

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/kaisoumizu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:50 am

Name: KaRei
Link to your entry: Link
Name of your entry: [KaRei] Magia ~Orchestra ver~
Why it fits the theme: aside from the obvious reason that madoka magica is a magical girl anime, to me, magia is almost like homura's theme.  the song just really resonates with me - it could be describing not just the magical girl transformations and the physical changes that occur to the girls' bodies when they make a pact with kyubey, but their personalities also undergo a drastic change.  homura's change from a timid, shy girl who was dependent on madoka to having to put on a mask that showed only cold indifference really broke my heart.  her perserverance, dedication and loyalty would ultimately become her own undoing and she knew it, yet she kept trying for madoka's sake anyway, for the sole purpose of trying to change madoka's fate.

also, magia happened to be the first very thing that popped into mind as soon as i read the words "magical girl" 8D  i love this song - too bad i didn't do it justice QwQ

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:05 pm

Name: Joker
Link to your entry: https://ytchorus.forumotion.com/t5551p45-joker-s-trans-lyrics#274438
Name of your entry: HER~Block B
Why it fits the theme: Because the group is singing about how this girl is perfect and no matter how many people try to change her, she does not need to change a thing.
sonic-nancy-fan
sonic-nancy-fan
Administrator

Singing Alias : Joker Posts : 691

Penny for your thoughts! Ai Kotoba II Words Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

http://sonicnancyfan.blog.fc2.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:04 am

Name: reirei
Link to your entry: https://youtu.be/ym3hslHyNpY
Name of your entry: 【れいれい】アンチビート/Anti-beat 歌ってみた✿
Why it fits the theme: it focuses about how the person changes because of their confusion if the person they love really loves them or it just hurts more and more.

the truth is my delusion tax would have fit more but.. it's not an October upload so ;___;
Rei
Rei
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : れいれい Posts : 1669

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

http://reili.blog127.fc2.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimoicchi Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:41 pm

Name: Kimoi
Link to your entry: http://kimoicchi.deviantart.com/art/Magical-Girl-Kimoi-487319463
Name of your entry: Magical Girl Kimoi
Why it fits the theme: I HENSHIN'd!!! I became a magical girl.
Kimoicchi
Kimoicchi
Talkative

Singing Alias : キモイ Posts : 435

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

http://kimoicchi@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:04 am

ahahahahaha omg, kimoi.  that was epic xD

and now.....*stalks deviantart* OwO

Back to top Go down

Post by soren Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:47 pm

Is changing our voice counted? Such as genderbending or smth... /yea
I'm a reverse trap singer and now trying to sing high HAHAHAH
Name: Natsuno (Soren works too)
Link to your entry: https://soundcloud.com/sorenchii/mind-speaker
Name of your entry: 【soren】「Mind Speaker • マインドスピーカー」を歌ってみた!
Why it fits the theme: It has a slighty horror behind this songs. Some people say this song is a murder song. But yeah, actually this is my attempt to sing different with usual--using high notes and etc.

TBH i want to do Personality Complex, but... ; u ; orz
soren
soren
Talkative

Singing Alias : soren Posts : 536

Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagi Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:19 pm

Hmmmm.... if the character who sings the song can "transform", does it work? She's sort of a minor, minor magical girl.
Kagi
Kagi
Twitter Mod
Twitter Mod

Singing Alias : カギ Posts : 440

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/Orob0rustic

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:11 pm

@Kagi: Magical girls = okay for theme. So yep!

@Natsuno: You can submit both if you want. No limit to monthly theme entries~ But yeah, genderbending = a-okay. 'cause it's still change.

I miiiight have given October too many themes, but it's okay.
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by misaaya Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:47 am

can a change in years work? like, a 2014 version or something. cos' i got one. ´͈ ᵕ `͈
Name: misaaya
Link to your entry: https://youtu.be/yQcb_WpZTmg
Name of your entry: super nova (mu-cho remix) ✿ ver. 2014
Why it fits the theme: i sang this song 2ish years ago(?), and so I wanted to sing it again and hear what the difference is. Here's the old cover!: https://youtu.be/Sf-j9vvWZfM ꒰⌯͒•̩̩̩́ ᴗ •̩̩̩̀⌯͒꒱ fulkawa honpo bby.

Last edited by misaaya on Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
misaaya
misaaya
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : misaaya Posts : 157

YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/Misaaya1

Back to top Go down

Post by YaPhoenix Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:28 pm

Name: YaPhoenix
Link to your entry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL6GWcb3A8g
Name of your entry:
Ensei [YaPhoenix]
Why it fits the theme: This song is hauntingly beautiful (the original and OST anyway… -_- Sorry…) and is from the anime “Mai-Hime” which I believe is part of the Magical Girl genre ^_*
YaPhoenix
YaPhoenix
Fresh off the Boat

Singing Alias : YaPhoenix Posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:31 am

is it alright if i just draw characters in a halloween costume?

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:17 pm

Yep, that'd be fine Surprised Although if your Halloween costume is ah.. "Dress up like myself," then that wouldn't work. XD

@misaaya: Please include a link to your old cover. Surprised
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagi Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:47 am

BEHOLD! The fake loli appears.

Name:  カギ
Link to your entry: https://youtu.be/Xk_qMoN3Mhc
Name of your entry: 【カギ】恋のヒメヒメぺったんこ -short-【歌ってみた】
Why it fits the theme: Well... change. Change is good. Onoda changes with this song in some kind of manner. It has a nice rhythm that increases his cadence. As well the character that sings this is sort of... a "magical girl". Tehe~☆彡
Kagi
Kagi
Twitter Mod
Twitter Mod

Singing Alias : カギ Posts : 440

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/Orob0rustic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next