Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

What do you study? :D

+21
SubarashiiOngaku
Gumizi
Bananako77
Mami
Akiran
jun
HakuraSakura
Xin
mayuchii
SaikoYume
Aria
Kumoshi
Chisa
Aeon
HanyouGirl
reizu
Saiuri
Kimoicchi
Aerlith
mie.
Kagi
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What do you study? :D Empty What do you study? :D

Post by Aerlith Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:56 am

So I know some of you guys are in college or are going to college soon. What is your major/minor or what is your planned major/minor? Are you planning to go to graduate school? And if you had all the money in the world, what would you study?

Hmm... me, my major was linguistics, and my M.S was teaching English to speakers of other languages. If I had all the money in the world though, I'd probably study Internet linguistics. xD 'cause man. It's so interesting. Especially the emoticons. Yes. When people use emoticons and why.
Aerlith
Aerlith
Forever messing with staff.

Singing Alias : Aerlith Posts : 1976
I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/xAerlith

Back to top Go down

What do you study? :D Empty Re: What do you study? :D

Post by Kagi Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:46 am

Oh boy, my goals probably sound so boring compared to yours haha.
      Let's see.

My major/minor right now is Sound Design for Visual Media. It's technically part of the IT department though it sort of branches off into Arts and Entertainment. I don't think there is graduate school for this, but I'd probably won't. If I had all the money in the world... I would study... oh geez, a lot of things. Get a personal voice coach, my dream of being a VA still hasn't died yet after all these years, study Japanese, Latin, Hieroglyphics Egyptian, Symbology (?). I'd love to learn codes and how to be a deciphering or cracker at mysterious codes. Oh I'd also love to go back to medicine. Probably not Nursing, but to be a specialized in wounds and psychological trauma.

Computer Graphics, C++... are on the list, but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay below.

Kagi
Kagi
Twitter Mod
Twitter Mod

Singing Alias : カギ Posts : 440

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/Orob0rustic

Back to top Go down

Post by mie. Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:32 am

Well, if your majors are boring, I dont even know what to say about mine ahah
I study biochemistry and my main goal is to get a job related to forensics.
If I had all the money in the world, I'd study music of course x'D
mie.
mie.
Talkative

Singing Alias : mie Posts : 583

Banner Decorator * 1

https://www.youtube.com/user/mieyyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:11 pm

Whaaaat. Your majors are not boring. xD That's so interesting! I really like forensics shows. :D

And Kagi. Those. Those languages. LET ME JOIN YOUUUU :DD
Aerlith
Aerlith

I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimoicchi Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:24 pm

My major is English Literature, because I want to become an ESL teacher whether in Canada or overseas. I plan to get a B.Ed as well after my B.A. My biggest goal is to get into the JET program.

If I had all the money in the world, I would take all the stuff my parents would want me to take like Law, Pharmacy, Nutrition, and stuff, but I also wanted to be a pastry chef and go to a cooking school. Other than that my other preferred major would be Internation Relations if I had the chance. I WANT TO TAKE MORE LANGUAGES LIKE ARABIC, PUNJABI, ITALIAN, GERMAN, ETC. ETC.

Let me be your interpreter at the airport 8D
Kimoicchi
Kimoicchi
Talkative

Singing Alias : キモイ Posts : 435

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

http://kimoicchi@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Saiuri Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:04 pm

Let's see. I'm going back to school next Spring to attain my Associate's in American Sign Language. It's just so beautiful and mesmerizing. I hope to either work for the government putting my craft to use or doubling up and getting a teaching certificate to teach ASL at school.

All the money in the world, eh? I actually would keep my major, but I would like to dabble in Photography, Cosmetology and probably Dental Assisting. 8D
Saiuri
Saiuri
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Sai/Sinclayre Posts : 50

I'm on the spice rack! YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by reizu Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:18 pm

Wow, so many cool majors here. And I know only a few people have posted so far, but I love how there's no overlap.

I just finished a BS in economics and a mathematics minor. (If there are any other econ majors here, I'd love to meet you)

If I had all the money in the world, I'd probably study art or go for an advanced degree in econ.
reizu
reizu
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : reizu Posts : 156
I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/reizusanshiki/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:25 pm

Oooh. Another person who's graduated college. Haven't met too many of those yet. XD

@Saiuri: My undergrad had a really big ASL program. It was nice seeing them at work. Surprised Best of luck in getting a government job! Or teaching ASL. xD I think the fact that you feel that way about ASL already helps in a lonnnng way.

@Kimoi: Yep. Yer my interpreter. OFFICIAL INTERPRETER OF YTC WOOOO. I thought about doing JET program, but I wanted to teach more in the USA, so I didn't. I know a few people who did go through the JET program though. Friend of mine is there right now, going to start in September. xD Hope you have a lot of fun there when you do it.
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by HanyouGirl Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:37 pm

Right now I'm studying 3D Computer Animation (no major/minor, we just apply for one course) so it's quite useful for animating actually since I do get to use After Effects in my class, if I had all the money in the world well I'd probably want to study abroad and do Zoology somewhere with interesting animals to study or still choose 3D just in a warmer country lol
HanyouGirl
HanyouGirl
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : HanYo Posts : 1012

My YTC Story SMILING Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/xoxHanyouGirlxox?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeon Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:40 pm

There's a study of emoticons...? though i should probably not be surprised since there IS a class somewhere in some college for LoL.. or something like that.

@Kimoi: YES. can i come find you when i decide to travel the world and you can be guide/translator?

For me, Pharmacy.  But we joke and call ourselves 'licensed drug dealers' XD
I'm in a 6-0 program, which means doctorate degree in 6 years. Tuition is so expensiveee though ;w;

I wish I had a chance to take A LANGUAGE or two. And an art class. or two. Probably not for going professional, but just to get that experience. It seems like there are so many fun classes... my program specifies exactly when and which classes we take, and languages/arts is not a choice. My high school only offered one language, and had no art teacher, so there was no choice there...
Aeon
Aeon
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : aeon Posts : 1683

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:05 pm

Look at this. LOOK AT THIS. And THIS. Omg. I don't think there's an actual class on the study, but it'd definitely be something I could do a phD on in regards to communications/linguistics studies.

Anyway, I'm pretty conscious about when I use emoticons and which ones I use, too. They tend to be used for a particular effect. But just seeing how other people use it = interesting. :Db Especially since it's become so widespread.

Also. Gosh. Zoology. That was something I was super interested in as a kid. xD

And Aeon, maybe you can take a language or art class at a community college after you graduate? D: Just like an evening class or something? For fun?
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Chisa Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:51 pm

I'm about to finish my last year of undergrad, majoring in Marketing and MIS (Management Information Systems). I like both of my majors a lot! I'll probably get my MBA in MIS after a few years of full-time first, but before I turn 30.

If I had all the money in the world... I think I'd still study Marketing and MIS (and maybe add a Computer Science minor). Even though they're both majors that typically prepare students for working corporate, I've learned a lot about good and bad leadership and how that affects the success of an organization, big business or not. My life goals will likely require experience in this, along with some knowledge of sales and technology, so it works out pretty well!

BUT, if time was also unlimited, I would want to study EVERYTHING. I love to learn, and I wish I had more time and money to take classes in sociocultural anthropology, computer science, biomedical sciences, art, music, and FENCING to name a few... Medical school would also be very tempting! Alas, college is expensive and time is a limited resource. : (
Chisa
Chisa
Fruit Salad ♬

Singing Alias : Chisa Posts : 59

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumoshi Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:05 am

I am just about to start college myself, so it's quite possible I could do a complete 180 once I've taken a few classes, but at the moment I think I'd like to study psychology or sociology. I'm really interested in the way that people's minds work, how they interact with each other, and how their values and and beliefs shape society as a whole. I'm also interested in gender studies so I might minor in that, or double major if it's not too difficult.

I really enjoyed taking French in high school and I'm curious about other languages, so I'm planning to take a freshmen seminar about linguistics just to get a little taste. Those articles about emoji are really cool 8D
Kumoshi
Kumoshi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kumoshi Posts : 1014

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/kaisoumizu

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:45 pm

Wow, I didnt expect there to be graduates here! That's really awesome~

I'm taking up chemical engineering ahaha
Aria
Aria
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : ありあ Posts : 183
YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/suzukiaria

Back to top Go down

Post by SaikoYume Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:42 am

I'm in high school and I'm studing the humanities. (literature, history, etc.)
SaikoYume
SaikoYume

Singing Alias : Saiko Posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:28 am

@Chisa: SHARE YOUR SECRETS WITH ME.

@Kumoshi: You should take cultural anthropology then, too, you'll like it. But yeah, that's really cool. :D If you need help with understanding anything in linguistics, feel free to ask!

@Aria: SCIENCE PERSON. I can never be a science person. D: I see numbers and my head goes woozy.

@Saiko: :DD That is cool! It's nice that you can start off this early even in high school! I love the humanities.
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by mayuchii Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:13 am

I'm taking up a dual degree of Psychology and Biology. And will (hopefully) go to America for my med school (i'm planning to be a surgeon!!). I was once an engineering student but as much as I love math, I love science even more. > w <
mayuchii
mayuchii

Singing Alias : mayu-ちぃ。 Posts : 37

https://www.youtube.com/user/mayuchiidai

Back to top Go down

Post by Xin Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:24 pm

Wooaahh You guys are in for good careers >_< 
As for me, i'm majoring in music. And believe me, it isn't as easy at it looks, i'm dying ;A;.
Xin
Xin
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : 白菜 / Hakusai Posts : 751

I'm on the spice rack! Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4)

https://www.instagram.com/whyaremyusernamestaken/

Back to top Go down

Post by HakuraSakura Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:57 pm

Still in highschool and fortunately it's my last year! 
I really want to go into nutritioning or anything with kids and healthcare and just food and healthy stuffs <333 
-beingsovagueandunsurecauseyounglikehahah-
HakuraSakura
HakuraSakura
Keyboard Smasher

Back to top Go down

Post by jun Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:23 pm

Thread bumpppp

I've just graduated from high school and am currently in the middle of uni apps...
My high school had a focus on Math/Science but I'm staying away from science LOL.

Considering Japanese Studies and Psychology, though I'd really love to be able to study Linguistics/Graphic Design/Audio Production ;u;
jun
jun

Singing Alias : じゅん Posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Akiran Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:50 pm

I'll be double majoring in most likely music and economics. I'm in a wee liberal arts college in the middle of nowhere mountains so we're a bit limited in majors. I would go for a Japanese minor but we don't have one so for now my parents will just have to nag me for taking all these language classes and having nothing to show for it later.

Music has been a huge part of my life so I kind of don't want to let it go, but performing classical music isn't really a thing for me anymore, so I'm thinking about music business when I graduate.

If I could have all the money in the world though. I'd probably make some terrible decision and be like PROFESSIONAL COSPLAYERS THAT'S A THING RIGHT THERE ARE CLASSES FOR THAT RIGHT HAHA NO.
Akiran
Akiran

Singing Alias : Akiran Posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by reizu Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:31 pm

Akiran wrote:I'll be double majoring in most likely music and economics.
You have great taste in majors.
reizu
reizu
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : reizu Posts : 156
I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/reizusanshiki/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:16 pm

I just finished a photography program that has the same level as college. I don't know how to call it in English, but apparently I'm going to get a "Secondary school vocational diploma"(????). I'm going to do a semester this Winter in Social Studies while waiting to sign up for a Graphic Design program for the Fall semester.

If I had all the money of the world... I'd study Japanese... also I'd like to take a Major in Music (guitar, piano or even violin...I'd add Singing to that).

Back to top Go down

Post by Mami Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:15 pm

I'm doing a nonofficial class for songwriting in February. ._.
Mami
Mami
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Mami Posts : 64

Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Bananako77 Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:57 am

All of you guys have such interesting majors and you seem so passionate about it~ Happiness

I'm currently double majoring in mathematics and computer science (yes, I am quite a nerd xD).
If it were possible (and the workload weren't that deadly), I'd also like to take loads of courses in chemistry and/or physics. But yeah, choices had to be made and my heart leaned more towards my current majors~
(I'll just have to read chemistry/physics books in my holidays, I guess xD)

After completing my bachelor's, I'm thinking of going for a master's degree. I don't know which one (still a first year student), but I'm quite interested in artificial intelligence at the moment, so that might be an option.
Bananako77
Bananako77
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : ★7子 Posts : 63

https://www.youtube.com/user/Bananako77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next