Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] July: Disobedience~Due July 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:43 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:17 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] June: Nature of the World~Due June 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:16 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Fri May 31, 2024 6:05 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Guest Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

Um Animating Help!!! OTL

4 posters

Go down

Um Animating Help!!! OTL Empty Um Animating Help!!! OTL

Post by Selpon Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:50 pm

so um, I'm fairly new and want to start learning animating videos!!! Problemo is,,, I don't know how ergh.

I use an outdated Windows XP I think,,, I want to move away from Windows Movie Maker. What programs can I use? And how do I use them?

Thank you in advance!!!!
Selpon
Selpon
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : lovena Posts : 50

https://www.youtube.com/user/HellaKawaiiSelpon

Back to top Go down

Um Animating Help!!! OTL Empty Re: Um Animating Help!!! OTL

Post by soren Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:27 pm

Basically, you can use Sony Vegas o u o)

There's a lot tutorial for SV in youtube 8D
soren
soren
Talkative

Singing Alias : soren Posts : 536

Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 11:23 am

Selpon wrote:so um, I'm fairly new and want to start learning animating videos!!! Problemo is,,, I don't know how ergh.

I use an outdated Windows XP I think,,, I want to move away from Windows Movie Maker. What programs can I use? And how do I use them?

Thank you in advance!!!!

I can create a vid explaining how to use SVP, but depending on which version u get it might change D= but the basics should apply to most of the SVP. I mean--ofc if u're okay waiting that is

Back to top Go down

Post by Catalyst Thu May 29, 2014 6:05 pm

I personally use after effects. if you have any questions about that feel free to throw it at me =)
(though I agree that vegas maybe a bit easier to get familiar with! ^ ^)
good luck!
Catalyst
Catalyst
Talkative

Singing Alias : Catalyst Posts : 374

SMILING Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/TentaikansokuP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari Fri May 30, 2014 2:21 pm

I use After Effects to animate! Examples include; [x], [x] and [x].

The first thing you have to do before animating is probably checking the system requirements for the program you want to get and make sure your computer is well suited for it; otherwise you will have a lot of problems with actually operating the program.  

I'm not too sure about your case, but I think it would be hard to do video editing on an outdated Windows XP, mainly because of the amount of RAM you need for After Effects - it eats up your RAM like a monster and I remember when I was on my old Dell laptop with Windows 7 and only 2GB RAM, it would literally take forever for a render preview although all programs were closed - and that was back when I used no extra effects or fancy particles (because back then I didn't know how to do particles HAHA)

Right now I use After Effects on a Macbook Pro which has 8GB RAM and even now I have trouble render previewing stuff. I literally have to close almost everything if I want to make a good animation with effects and whatnot. Sony Vegas is probably the better option when it comes to RAM. 

The interfaces for Sony Vegas and After Effects are quite different and so I don't know much about Vegas, but I know they differ quite a bit. Each of them have their own advantages and disadvantages. Maybe you should try out the trial version of both and see which one you like more?

I personally prefer After Effects over Sony Vegas because I felt as if there is a lot more freedom in terms of things like creating effects, background, controlling objects, and also the use of multiple cameras though I don't use cameras - and on top of that, I was quite familiar with the the interface because it's slightly similar to many other Adobe interfaces such as Photoshop. But of course, as an AE user I'm bound to be biased towards AE, haha.  

However, with whichever one you choose, when you start out, at first everything will seem confusing, but if you have a real passion and interest and keep going, then you'll slowly learn a lot. Whether it's through tutorials or just random playing about with buttons (and crying over everything, like me), you'll eventually get somewhere. Remember, everyone starts off simple, and then build on their skills to go onto making a lot more better things!

I hope you have fun on your animating endeavours! I'm no animating professional, but if you need any help, don't hesitate to ask!
Hikari
Hikari
Keyboard Smasher

Singing Alias : ❄ヒカリ Posts : 1958

Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4)

https://www.youtube.com/c/hikariboo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down