Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

What's in a name?

+30
Jhalysz
Decetan
Jo-chan
keagie
AKA:Fye
InsanityAura
Xin
Kitoku
FlueFaker
Black Rage Infinity
Katerinu
Hatsuyuki
CheekierNeko
emuchanx
Slowbro
soren
mie.
mayDream
Nauliz
めいぽん
Kumoshi
LokkiError
ikikurface
Kimoicchi
sonic-nancy-fan
Seitanoshuuki
zz
Legulus
Aerlith
ramenaddict22
34 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What's in a name? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's in a name?

Post by めいぽん Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:35 pm

my name comes from my nickname with a jpop idols nickname togheter heheh but have use meichan before
めいぽん
めいぽん
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Meipon/めいぽん Posts : 157

http://google.com/+Meipon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nauliz Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:16 am

I'm using two nickname actually
Nailuz and Rygar Thunderheart

For Nailuz, It's actually my real name flipped and the 'Z' is actually 'J'

now, For Rygar Thunderheart, Rygar is a character name from a game with the same name. A game from playstation 2, If I recall correctly xD. The name is quite unique and I think people rarely use that kind of name as nick, so . . . . why not, am ai rite ? :3
Thunderheart, It's actually a movie name, kinda forgot tho. The meaning of the name is just like "Braveheart" or maybe "Lionheart", well, you get the point. '3'
Nauliz
Nauliz
Talkative

Singing Alias : Nauliz Posts : 434

Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant

https://soundcloud.com/rygar-thunderheart

Back to top Go down

Post by mayDream Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:24 am

My name comes from my other nickname, May Daydream, which comes from the nickname I use with my friends, which is Mayu (yup like the yandere vocaloid <3). Mayu comes also from Mayumi, which is... just a name I like.

The Daydream is basically because it sounded cool. And from it I created derivated nicknames for diferent purposes (mayDream for my singing urls, mayBurger for my artblog on tumblr because I'm a hamburger and etc).

Also may is on lowercase because of aesthetic reasons. Because lowercases are cool.
mayDream
mayDream
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : may Posts : 55

Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words

https://soundcloud.com/may-dream

Back to top Go down

Post by mie. Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:46 am

omg Aerlith im really sorry i didnt see it (and i searched, probably should've used 'name' in my search xD)

but..

i've been thinking lately. as much as i love my alias, sometimes i have some difficulty associating 'myself' with it i can't explain it well
people are like 'yo, mie' and i need to think a millisecond to finally understand that's me they're talking to ( *´艸`)
and i'm in a crisis owaksgdsd
okay, not really, i just discovered a utaite with my alias, which makes me feel less unique ahhah

do you identify with you alias?
mie.
mie.
Talkative

Singing Alias : mie Posts : 583

Banner Decorator * 1

https://www.youtube.com/user/mieyyn

Back to top Go down

Post by soren Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:51 pm

Hello /o/

So actually I came up to this forum with Kaz. Kaz from Kaz Aszche (or Axis, idk). And then, I feel kinda uncomfortable because uh... I need more japanese name for my alias ;; Then when I asked my YT friend about the ideas for my new youtube channel, she gave me "Ano Natsu no Koe" (The Voice in Summer)

and I really like it, so I pick Natsuno for my alias ; u;
But sometimes, I should identify myself as "Kaz = natsuno" or everyone in my skype wouldn't realize who I am AHAHAHAHAHA /shot

Nowadays I use 3 (yes, THREE) aliases.
1. Kaz (nickname)
2. Natsuno (singing alias+nickname)
3. Soren (singin alias for rap+nickname+roleplay)

Edit: Answering Mie's question, sometimes, yes. From now on, I always try to make my friend (in IRL) know my alias in cyber world. HAHAHA
soren
soren
Talkative

Singing Alias : soren Posts : 536

Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Slowbro Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:21 pm

uh
my name sounds like a brand of ice cream

aisu is a romanization of ice

i like slowbros
Slowbro
Slowbro

Singing Alias : アイス Posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:27 pm

KaRei is derived from a username i've been using for years, which also has "rei" in it.  how i came up with THAT name is another story, so i won't go into it here xD

anyway, i was having trouble coming up with a unique singing alias that still felt like ME, and i've come to really associate myself with the name "rei" online, yet i didn't want to use my normal username (cos i didn't want people i knew to know that i was going to sing u_u). 

the "ka" is derived from 假 pronounced gaa in cantonese and means fake XD  i altered the spelling to "ka" so my name essentially means fake rei >.>

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:10 pm

My name, Shinano, actually came from google translate LOL believe it or not I was trying to figure out an alias that no one else had ( cuz there are sometimes repeats of names in the community ) so I wanted to make my name stand out...in a sense I guess lol but anways I was just sounding out random Japanese kanjis and mashing it together to call it a Japanese name ( I tend to do that a lot ) and google translate was there to help me get the spelling I wanted. And then came along Shinano~ Happiness then I was later informed my name ( Shinano ) is a prefecture in Japan, a warship, a train, etc. etc. So my name is pretty special 8D lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Seitanoshuuki Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:33 pm

Regarding someone's question earlier about associating with your alias: 

I keep wanting to change my alias and start anew, but it's proved quite a difficult task. If I hear "Shuu" on the street, I'll turn my head and slip into my online persona. //facepalms It's kind of bad, because "Shuu" flirts with almost anything that moves, and it's not the kind of thing I'd want to do in real life. Shuu's kind of like the person I am inside. Happy
Seitanoshuuki
Seitanoshuuki
Keyboard Smasher

Singing Alias : Shuuki (秋記) Posts : 2173

YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/SeitanoShuuki?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by emuchanx Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:02 am

My name comes from a nickname my friends gave me. They said I acted like an owl and a cat at the same time, and it was confusing, so they decided to call me a kitowl. I didn't want to use that because I'm not one for showing my IRL friends my covers ;////; So I used Fukurouneko which translates into owlcat. And my username... My friend calls me Emuchan. Since then, everyone's been calling me Emuchan. Therefore, I've begrudgingly adopted Emu as my name.
emuchanx
emuchanx
Fresh off the Boat

Singing Alias : フクロウ猫 Posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by CheekierNeko Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:04 pm

Hmmmm my name well. I have an obsession of cats so thats where the neko comes from. In all my usernames I always included Neko somewhere. Cheekier came from my sis. I would always make snippy and snarky remards so my sister would yell at me to stop being so Cheeky so yupp it stuck :D
CheekierNeko
CheekierNeko
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Cheeky Posts : 80

I'm on the spice rack!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hatsuyuki Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:12 am

My alias came from supercell's 'when the first love ends'. Where there's "hora mite hatsuyuki" in the lyrics. But it wasn't even my favorite song at all XDD
I also likes the word "Yuki", which means snow. My country didn't had winter season. So I just wanted to felt snow haha XD

I wasn't really like that name. Until I found out that my alias name is close to my favorite utaite. Also, my duet partner's alias made our unit name quiet weird, MiDoRiYuki (green snow) XDD
Hatsuyuki
Hatsuyuki
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : はつゆき ❅ Posts : 128

Banner Decorator * 1 Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/1stYuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Katerinu Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:07 am

A very long time ago, 12 year old me found a website that "translated" English names into Japanese. What this meant, however, is it would take your name and spit it back at you with what it thought was a Japanese pronunciation hahaha 

I always pronounced my alias as "Cat-err-in-you" however, I realize now that it was probably supposed to be "Kate-err-in". Still, I prefer it the first way!
Katerinu
Katerinu

Singing Alias : MoonNue Posts : 45

http://katerinu.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rage Infinity Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:49 pm

It's kind of a funny story how I came up with my name. For a couple years now, I've been in the habit of painting my nails black (something that is very rare for guys nowadays, especially if you're black) and the original name of the color of nail polish I used was called Black Rage.

Nowadays, the color's name has been changed to the much lamer name of Black Out, but since Black Rage was so much fun to say, I took it as my YouTube persona and shoved the word Infinity on the end because I thought it sounded cool.

I do actually have a pretty bad temper, but that had no bearing on my name whatsoever, even though a lot of people thought that when I first made my channel. Besides, it takes a lot to really make me angry, so you probably wouldn't see that side of me, anyway.
Black Rage Infinity
Black Rage Infinity
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Rage Posts : 158

Raidcall Train Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/BlackRageInfinity

Back to top Go down

Post by FlueFaker Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:24 pm

It took me a long time to come up with an alias that I actually liked, to be quite honest. I remember creating loads of random, ridiculous (made-up) names that I could use.

I settled on Airin because I character I created (who means a lot to me) was named Airi. The added 'n' just makes the name scream "ME!" a bit more that Airi, though. 
It's sort of like "Airi is my character; Airin is me. We're two very different people of no relation, but we're still one and the same."

FlueFaker comes from the old English slang for 'chimney sweep'. After listening to the song "Twaddles of a Flue Faker" by Steampianist and Mobid-morsel, I just had to add some kind of reference to it in my alias XD
FlueFaker
FlueFaker
Talkative

Singing Alias : Airin Posts : 464

I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZojn27wPljAGP7RiTbzSug

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitoku Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:40 am

Hmm.... I took my name from that Japanese Name Generator thing in which A=ta, B=re or whatever it was..... And mine was really long but it had Kutoka in it so I wanted to use that. Then I forgot what it was when I signed up here so I typed it wrong, and that's how Kitoku came to be! I searched the name Kitoku up later and it's actually a Japanese rice company XD whoops and so I kinda split it up into "ki" and "toku" to get the kanjis (which, btw, mean "life virtue")
Kitoku
Kitoku
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Kitoku (きとく) Posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by Xin Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:12 pm

I went for Shian because........I like that color (Cyan)
As for Xin, I wanted to use Yin but someone already used it, I just ran out of idea and it was the first chinese character I saw when I looked up a word....or was it because I just changed a letter... I don't really remember.
Xin
Xin
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : 白菜 / Hakusai Posts : 751

I'm on the spice rack! Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4)

https://www.instagram.com/whyaremyusernamestaken/

Back to top Go down

Post by InsanityAura Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:54 pm

Hmm I used my actual name on Youtube at first before I decided to use an alias owo But I tell people my real name if they want to know XD 

My username is ToxicReaper3 on youtube haha. I don't remember the exact reason why I chose this particular username lololz. I think it was when I was in my dark, rock-loving, depressing phase when all I did was listen to a bunch of Linkin Park, Papa Roach etc. songs at school by myself during lunch and brood. OTL. ACTUALLY it also could be because I remembered seeing this really cool art that I loved on Deviant Art and that made me choose this username XD The number at the end is completely random because you know how sometimes stuff makes you add a number because another person already has the same username that you do XD

For my alias...I literally GOOGLE TRANSLATED a bunch of random stuff and eventually landed on Siderea which means Stellar in latin (I think LMAO it's google translate soooo....). I liked it because it sounded cool //shot.
InsanityAura
InsanityAura
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Siderea Posts : 99
Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by AKA:Fye Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:18 am

My deviantArt account starts with 'ak-' and I keep pronouncing it as 'aka'.
For the 'fye', it's kind of an anagram from with my real nickname. The letters are not exactly the same though.
And AKA:Fye actually sounds like a cool codename so why not? LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by keagie Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:38 pm

All of these names are interesting and have cool stories behind them... mine is pretty boring. My youtube/general username, "keagie", just comes from my actual name. People always mispronounce it so I just go by "keagie". Sometime I'll add in something to it, such as my steam name- "keagie the nefarious"... but nothing too cool. aaa why can't I have creativity huhh
keagie
keagie

Singing Alias : ~keagie~ Posts : 42

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-rglrA6znPDvwT4-4WjfkQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo-chan Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:36 pm

Well,the story behind my name is actually pretty boring. xD My second name is Johanna and many friends of mine call me that but they usually shorten it to Jojo or Jo. When I started to cosplay and write fanfictions some people started calling me Jo-nii (even though I'm a girl xD) or Jo-chan. So I didn't actually choose that name, I was given it. But I'm happy about that. Smile
Jo-chan
Jo-chan
Fresh off the Boat

Singing Alias : Jo-chan Posts : 8

https://www.youtube.com/user/JohannaHalfmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Decetan Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:51 am

It took me so long to think of an alias for my youtube orz

I wanted something cool but nothing too dweeby, but I ended up going simple: Decetan.
Dece: from my birth month of December
Tan: from a part of my actual name Tanya 
Kinda boring but it looked nice typed out

I'm still not entirely sure how to pronounce it myself since my friends had different pronunciations for it and the original pronunciation got lost within that mess lol
Ahh but now that I type this out I think I'm starting to remember how it's suppose to sound like...
Decetan
Decetan
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Decetan Posts : 67

YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://soundcloud.com/decetan https://www.youtube.com/user/dece

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhalysz Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:35 am

I decided to stick with my actual name Alys since that's what I'd always signed my art with and it felt weird to sign art with a different name that I was known by. 

The username I use on forums and DA is Jhalysz though, which is a group name we came up with back in highschool when everyone decided I'd be the leader and just tacked their letters onto the back and front of my name
J.ames|H.annah|alys|Shifa.z
It was also conveniently pronounced Jealous, which they really liked.
Jhalysz
Jhalysz

Singing Alias : alys Posts : 45

http://jhalysz.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by misaaya Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:21 am

how you guys got your name is pretty interesting to read! 0:

so, how i got mine is that i used to use a universal rp name which was Aya, and then i thought to myself: that seems pretty basic for me to have that name for singing (no offense to all the other ayas out there) but, i use to add Miss Aya and then combined those two to get misaaya. hehe //
misaaya
misaaya
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : misaaya Posts : 157

YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/Misaaya1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:47 pm

My name is deprived from "mixdere", (which if I recall correctly) a result I got from a Quotev "Which dere are you" quiz, it's quite embarrassing now that I think of it, welp time to sweep my weaboo phase into the corner~ *whistles*

Anyway somehow I did got to like the nickname "Mix", while "senpai" was basically due to a lot of "notice me senpai" jokes between my friends and them referring me with the honorific as well. Hence lazily combined, "Mix-senpai". (Wow such story 10/10)

(Not sure why I decided to write the last part in kanji, I think I was inspired by vip店長 or something LMAO)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next