Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

Desertification / Global Warming ~ Allan Savoury

3 posters

Go down

Desertification / Global Warming ~ Allan Savoury Empty Desertification / Global Warming ~ Allan Savoury

Post by Aerlith Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:40 am

So I found this today and it was... intriguing. I'm sure most of you have heard about global warming, whether or not you believe in it. Allan Savoury has been studying desertification for several decades now, since the 1960s-1970s if I remember correctly. Desertification is the idea of grasslands and other green lands slowly turning into deserts and it's happening all over the world, except for Antarctica.

http://www.ted.com/talks/allan_savory_how_to_green_the_world_s_deserts_and_reverse_climate_change.html

Just seeing the change that he's been able to produce with the lands he's been working with is amazing. There is a scene where he compares two lands, one where they did not try his method and despite having four months of rain, the river ran completely dry. The other one.. where the river was just flowing. And still had all this grass. Ahhh. It was beautiful.

And his solution solves the issue of factory farms, which are a whole other problem in themselves.

The video is a bit long, ~22 minutes, but it was definitely worth watching.

Aerlith
Aerlith
Forever messing with staff.
Forever messing with staff.

Singing Alias : Aerlith Posts : 1976
I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/xAerlith

Back to top Go down

Desertification / Global Warming ~ Allan Savoury Empty Re: Desertification / Global Warming ~ Allan Savoury

Post by Guest Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:01 am

Wow, that is really amazing ouo I really hope this gets more noticed, since the video has quite little views compared to some other not maybe that important videos!

Back to top Go down

Desertification / Global Warming ~ Allan Savoury Empty Re: Desertification / Global Warming ~ Allan Savoury

Post by Onion Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:26 pm

Sometimes we all gotta go back to our roots. Even farmers.
Onion
Onion
*~Sparkling Mixer~*

Singing Alias : Onion Posts : 4112

I'm on the spice rack! Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story Blind Duets Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/SeirenOnion

Back to top Go down

Post by Legender Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:14 pm

ohmygosh I LOVE TED conferences :D They're always so interesting, and this one is no exception - and it's also very relevant to issues we're facing in the world right now.
Legender
Legender
Breathing is overrated.

Singing Alias : Gender Posts : 440

Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant

http://wolfehmaster.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum