Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Wed May 01, 2024 5:28 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

{ a p h r o d i t e } VOCALOID chorus group . result video is up!

+7
shanta
Imagine!
UlKi-Kun
Shiratori
Sakura
Emi
hope
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

{ a p h r o d i t e } VOCALOID chorus group . result video is up! Empty { a p h r o d i t e } VOCALOID chorus group . result video is up!

Post by hope Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:16 am

A P H R O D I T E C H O R U S

Result video:

{ a p h r o d i t e } VOCALOID chorus group . result video is up! Banner
artwork by pen @ pixiv

Aphrodite Chorus is an all-female chorus that covers mainly Vocaloid songs in Japanese. But we will focus on choral adlibs and harmonies, and also use piano-based songs and piano arrangements often, to incorporate the choral feeling.

Choral adlibs and harmonies here basically means, there will be extensive use of normal harmonies and chords such as “ooh”s, “aah”s, and “haa”s. If you’re familiar with Akiakane’s utattemita/covers, you’ll understand. If you’re not, you must at least listen to her Rolling Girl or Two-faced Lovers cover to get the entire choral idea. :D

We won’t use Vocaloids as our avatars. We will have personalized avatars following each song’s style with me being the artist. But sadly, I don’t have much free time (and also tools) to color it. So if you’re interested as being a co-artist (taking care of coloring or even being the main artist) please check the artist audition.

For now, the members will be 5 girls including me: 3 soprano and 2 alto. I'm a soprano, so that means I only need two more. If you're not sure what voice type you have, don't worry. Just audition and I will categorize you if you're accepted.

I'm opening audition for male guest singer here, for our debut chorus only. Because each chorus will have different male guest singer.

Currently open for auditions:
- 4 female singers (permanent)
- 1 male singer (guest)
- artists
- animators

Please check this google doc for detailed info and how to audition.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SHRt0cRd0jS9f_ENh1cgrISRe3G7zdj4nyA-dDCoeFI/edit

This chorus will not be categorized as an “active chorus”. Meaning, we won’t work on choruses like crazy--one after another. I have RL business, and of course you have too. We’ll be taking this slow, making it like a side project kind-of-thing, but also maintaining the perfect choral quality. Still, no procrastinating on submitting lines. Taking things slow doesn’t mean to finish everything lazily.

I will be waiting for your auditions!
--hope

Last edited by hope on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:39 am; edited 5 times in total
hope
hope
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : hope Posts : 74

https://www.youtube.com/user/themilkflower

Back to top Go down

{ a p h r o d i t e } VOCALOID chorus group . result video is up! Empty Re: { a p h r o d i t e } VOCALOID chorus group . result video is up!

Post by Guest Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:49 pm

Oh my goodness, this looks beautiful. <3 Best of luck to you!

Name: Kree.

Singing alias: Jayn.

YT username: LittleJayneyCakes

Voice type: Alto//Soprano...But I'm going for Alto.

Vocal range: A2 - D5

Do you have some choral experience? I was involved in choir from Elementary school to my Freshman year of High School. I've been singing for fun for forever, and from that point forward I've experimented with different forms of singing and harmonizing.

Can you make and/or sing harmonies? I've been playing the piano by ear since I was six. That, including my choir experiences and the music theory I'm studying in college have given me a good ear for things. I think I'm capable of creating harmonies--I may not be amazing at it...But my strength, I tihnk, is making sure it at least sounds alright in the end, haha.

Will you be active? Yes! I check this site, my email, YT and other social networks daily. If my schedule gets busy, I'll be sure to let everyone know. I do have difficulties getting on Skype often due to my laptop slowing everything down if I'm using it, so I'm more of an MSN person...But I do check Skype for any important messages.

The only time any issues with turning in lines turn up is if I get sick. My voice just blows up.

Auditions...

Voice type requirements:

{English} Alto -to- Soprano + harmonies: x

{Japanese} Genderbend // Both ranges // Straight vocals: x

Have comments/suggestions for this chorus/audition? As I said, I wish you the best of luck. I've subscribed to the channel and I'm sure it's going to be a very pretty chorus. ;A;

One thing I struggled with when picking a song for my audition was only picking one. I have songs where I sing in a lower register, but also climb back up the scale into 'soprano' range, but I also have gender-bend examples so you can see just how 'low' I go, so I included what I thought may...express that properly. ...So I hope that's okay. I'm kind of freaking out. ;__;

Debut song suggestions? The first thing that came to mind was Leia, since I think that piano arrangement is beautifullll. But I also love Time Machine's arrangement. ...And these are sort of main stream, apologies!

Last edited by Klaire on Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

{ a p h r o d i t e } VOCALOID chorus group . result video is up! Empty Re: { a p h r o d i t e } VOCALOID chorus group . result video is up!

Post by hope Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:10 pm

Hello Kree <3 thank you for auditioning!

And.. whee we're the same age! *hugs*
*o* You can go so low ://D so awesome! You have such a wide range :D

omg. I know I make so many forms to be filled as essays x'D and now I want to reply them all. blah, screw it, think of me as fellow utaite, not the chorus' founder or something <3

thank you so much :'D I really hope this chorus will be something different--something beautiful and has personal feelings.

Ah, I actually make you all to only submit one song, just so you get to choose the best you can give. I can still wander around your channels and listen to your covers :D don't worry, it's okay <3

thank you again for the song suggestion! Leia /is/ a beautiful song c: and mainstream ones are okay. this chorus will make it different with its choral arrangements! <3
hope
hope
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by Emi Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:28 am

This looks really well-put together. (: Good luck!

Name: Emi

Singing alias: エミ

YT username: MauuChu

Voice type: Soprano//Alto, but I'm going for Soprano~

Vocal range: E2 - C6

Do you have some choral experience? Elaborate. I've been in school choirs for most of my life, and have actively taken part in both Soprano and Alto requirements/sections. Since entering high school, I've sang in the second soprano section, although I can substitute for either the first sopranos or altos.

Can you make and/or sing harmonies? Elaborate. I can do both! In fact, I'm a bit of a harmony whore. I love making sure that it all fits in nicely and sounds gorgeous. My weakness would be songs in a sort of minor key, but I would be able to work those out.

Will you be active? Elaborate. ... Yes. I'm online every day. Usually all day. My only restriction would be school work, college applications, my jobs, and volunteer stuff. As busy as that sounds, I do have the necessary time to dedicate to this chorus.

Auditions:

Your audition song: I originally did harmonies for everything, but it didn't sound right to me, so I only kept some of them orz.
Hirari, Hirari (with BGM): http://www.box.com/s/a0sslaxnm39nkd9i80uh
Hirari, Hirari (vocal only with reverb): http://www.box.com/s/zl8g41esj0qffzttumg8

If you would like a raw, unedited version, please let me know~

Have comments/suggestions for this chorus/audition? You've pretty much covered all the bases. All I can say it best of luck! I love how choruses with this much time and effort into organization turn out.

Debut song suggestions? Luka's 'The Little Mermaid' x or Miku's 'Winter Alice' x
Emi
Emi
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : エミ Posts : 1282

Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant

https://www.youtube.com/c/Vyrai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:00 pm

Sounds really interesting hope, wish you the best for this chorus ^^

Name: Lu
Singing alias: Lu /
YT username: https://www.youtube.com/user/illuim
Voice type: Soprano
Vocal range: F3 - A5/C6
Do you have some choral experience? Elaborate.
Yes, I've singed in a church choir /shot since the 1st grade till the 4th and I learned the basics.
My voice is good for high notes and also good to give depth to the chorus, since it's a very blendeble voice.
Can you make and/or sing harmonies? Elaborate.
Yes. I'm better if I have an harmonie guide but I can also do it without, my only big problem is very low harmonies - it's hard for my type of voice -

Will you be active? Elaborate.
Yes, I'm a computer addicted /my mom hates it *shot
I'm online every day if I don't have anything planned for that time.
Although I have collegue and now i'll start to have more work I still have the time to contribute ^^

Auditions:

* Last Night, Good Night ~ only added a bit of reverb, all the notes are authentical
* Migikata no Chou ~ harmonie example
* Pedal Heart ~ harmonie example + adlibs
Most of my adlibs are done for chorus, what one as an example?

Have comments/suggestions for this chorus/audition? I loved how you organized this so well. So, yep.. just keep doing such a great work <3

Debut song suggestions? Calc piano version.

Last edited by Sakura on Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:53 am; edited 3 times in total
Sakura
Sakura
✿ Lullaby
✿ Lullaby

Singing Alias : Lu (ルー) Posts : 2029

Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiratori Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:15 pm

Name: Shiratori

Singing alias: 白鳥

YT username: ShiratoriNoUta

Vocal range: E3 - C6

Do you have some choral experience? Elaborate.
Total experience in church band would be 6 years.... Was in choir for my last year in high school~ Throughout high school I was in a small after school singing group with some of my buddies. We pretty much jam out and sing w/e we want. Mostly freestyle.

Can you make and/or sing harmonies? Elaborate.
When I need to...yes. I find myself harmonizing a lot in church or among a group of people that doesn't have much people harmonizing. So, I do, when I feel like it's needed.

Will you be active? Elaborate.
Of course~ I love music. I've been looking for a group like this all this time. I just wanna sing and enjoy singing with others. Also, I'm a nerd...So, I'm always on the net tinkering around with programs.

Auditions:
Glow: youtu.be/tTueTEoZlWs

Have comments/suggestions for this chorus/audition?
It's very well organized~ ^o^ I love the concept of this group~ Very unique idea. The group name is very feminine and sexy too. Good luck to all!

Debut song suggestions?
Secret Time After School
Shiratori
Shiratori

Singing Alias : Shiratori l 白鳥 Posts : 22

https://www.youtube.com/user/ShiratoriNoUta

Back to top Go down

Post by UlKi-Kun Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:10 am

This gonna be so awesome \o/

UlKi-Kun
UlKi-Kun
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : ウlKi Posts : 106

https://www.youtube.com/user/75ulquiorra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:55 am

*added my range, sorry for any trouble
Sakura
Sakura
✿ Lullaby
✿ Lullaby

Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by hope Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Deadline added, everybody <3
Prepare your audition pieces fast! x'DD //lolwhut
hope
hope
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagine! Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:20 pm

Name: Imagine!

Singing alias: Passion

YT username: Dollykissable

Voice type: Alto

Vocal range: Unknown OTL

Do you have some choral experience? Elaborate. Unfortunately, I have had no choir experience, I would include choir in middle school if it weren't forever ago and if I remembered anything about it. (lol.)

Can you make and/or sing harmonies? Elaborate. Honestly, I am not too great at making harmonies, unless for things like ad libs. Mostly because I prefer higher harmonies, and my range doesn't go too high unless in a falsetto. I can sing harmonies, whether it's picking them out of a song or copying a reference. Making harmonies, it just takes me a while to do.

Will you be active? Elaborate. Yes, I have nothing I am committed to at this point, and I have other choruses and things I need to be around for, plus I live in front of my computer. best bet I will be active.

Auditions:

Your audition song: I wasn't sure which song to use, for noteable low notes, I did not know HOW low, so I am auditioning with A Piece of you, but if it's not low enough I included Memory Fragments raws. I am also including another song to reference ad libs and such from, changes. You said piano songs were better, but the two piano songs I have covered, one is older, and my leia piano is in english x'D.

A Piece of You: x
Memory Fragments: x
Changes (adlib/harms): x

Have comments/suggestions for this chorus/audition? None at the moment.

Debut song suggestions? I'm going to go ahead and edit this later c:

Imagine!
Imagine!
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Symphonia Posts : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by hope Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:57 pm

bumpp~ >D
hope
hope
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by shanta Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:04 am

Name: shanta
Singing alias: ShAnTA

YT username: shanta3220

Voice type: Don't know X_X

Vocal range: Don't know X_X
Do you have some choral experience? Elaborate. I've been in school choir
once...
Can you make and/or sing harmonies? Elaborate. I can sing harmonies X_X

Will you be active? Elaborate. ... Yes. I'm online most of the time and before exams I become a bit off X_X

Auditions:

Your audition song:
Leia Piano ver(my very first ver of something related to piano and no edit here I tried harmonies ..I don't really know just tried to sound a bit nice X_X): - http://www.box.com/s/jtkxeha889dl9qup959m

Fix(seriously I didn't follow anyones harmony but my own style because I didn't sound nice with niconico chorus ones): http://www.box.com/s/c4vfxspv84qji54upaor
Have comments/suggestions for this chorus/audition? I think everyone should be nice to eachotherer and understand other's situation and if someone mistakes some one could cover another ones...lol I don't know if you understood what I meant here.

Debut song suggestions? La, La, Love You (this song is soooooooo cute)
shanta
shanta
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : ShAnTA Posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by vocaloidifytheworld Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:55 am

I am definitely auditioning for this...choir is totally my thing XD. Just have to cover "Soundless Voice" first.
vocaloidifytheworld
vocaloidifytheworld
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Soukune Kana Posts : 195

https://www.youtube.com/user/vocaloidifytheworld?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by hope Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:12 pm

Thank you for auditioning guys <33
And Kana, I'll be waiting! :D

Deadline extended to 18th per request. If you need extension, please tell me :DD
hope
hope
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishina Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:37 am

HOPEE , im gonna audition for this , *A* just gimme some time LOL <3
this seem interesting *U* >D
Nishina
Nishina
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : nishi*na Posts : 207

Blind Duets Participant

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrUaqTjVM2nm2wfLh6a3mXw

Back to top Go down

Post by Ai-Say Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:55 am

HOPE HOPE! is it okay if i change my audition to be only ALTO instead? ;w;
Ai-Say
Ai-Say
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Ai-Say/あいか Posts : 214

https://www.youtube.com/user/AikaLockheart

Back to top Go down

Post by hope Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:19 am

@Nishi SUUURE NISHI please audition! <33
@Ai-Say Ehe okay :DD Can I ask why though? It's okay if you don't wanna answer tehe |D
hope
hope
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by Ai-Say Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:31 am

I think, I a bit more comfortable with it. *A*
Ai-Say
Ai-Say
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Ai-Say/あいか Posts : 214

https://www.youtube.com/user/AikaLockheart

Back to top Go down

Post by hope Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:44 am

bump~ deadline in (about) 2 days! :DD
hope
hope
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by chiE Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:13 am

Name: chiE
Singing alias: chiE
YT username: Chielamperouge
Vocal range: umm,, i can reach those high notes on melt last part for low umm,, not too low :D
Do you have some choral experience? like vocal training with some pro? then yes :D
Can you make and/or sing harmonies? i can if it's not too complicated, if it is, i need guide then :D
Will you be active? yes~ i'm always online when i'm not sleeping or in school~
Auditions: PMed
Have comments/suggestions for this chorus/audition?: hmm,, none yet :D
Debut song suggestions? [url=packaged -piano ver-]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htN-Nen3RAU[/url]
chiE
chiE

Singing Alias : chiE Posts : 33

http://kyonqchie.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vocaloidifytheworld Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:53 am

Name: Soukune Kana
Singing Alias: Soukune Kana
YT Account: vocaloidifytheworld
Voice Type: I don't know. I'm not a high soprano, but I can reach high notes, and I'm not just an alto, but I can reach low notes...so, mezzo-soprano?
Vocal Range: #C2-C5
Choral Experience: When I was seven, I was in the State Children's choir. Since then, I have been in many groups, from fourth grade to now. (Freshman year) I'll put them in order:
Girls' Acapella Group: One year
Concert Choir (6th-8th Grade)
Jazz Ensemble (6th-8th Grade)
Voice Teacher: (7th-8th Grade)
Treble Choir (Current)
The Jazz Ensemble I was in won two awards for 3rd and 2nd place in 2 separate choir festivals the first year. I also have some professional experience in Musical Theater.
Harmonies: I love singing harmonies, and experience in choir has greatly helped me. I also make my own harmonies. ^^
Active(ness?): Yes. This sounds like the perfect chorus group for me. I'll try to get everything in on time, and I have a huge singing work ethic.
Audition Song: Mozaic Role -Piano Ver.-
Voice Type Requirements: This is just a sample of how low I can reach Happy
Soundless Voice/Glorious World
Have comments/suggestions for this chorus/audition?: Ummm...nope! Thanks for listening!
Debut song suggestions? I'm not sure...maybe Hirari, Hirari? Happiness
vocaloidifytheworld
vocaloidifytheworld
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by hope Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:36 pm

today's the last day to audition! :D
hope
hope
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:05 am

Yay. <3 Super excited. IT'S GOING TO BE SO BEAUTIFUL.

Good luck to everyone!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:58 am

Good luck everyone <3
Sakura
Sakura
✿ Lullaby
✿ Lullaby

Back to top Go down

Post by vocaloidifytheworld Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:35 pm

*Waits in suspense* o w o
vocaloidifytheworld
vocaloidifytheworld
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next