Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

First cover?

4 posters

Go down

First cover? Empty First cover?

Post by Topaz Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:15 pm

I wanted to do a first cover, but I wanted to kind of get the opinion of everyone else out there of what they want to hear? I’m going to list some songs that I already know, and then if you have any that you want to suggest please do :D

Already Learned:
Just be friends
Kokoro
Last Night Good Night
Toeto
World Is Mine
Tori No Uta
Canterella

[For my male covers, I'll be covering as my male counterpart to Topaz; Quartz]
Starting to learn:
Love is war
Melt
Suki Kirai (need someone to help me as female or male.)
Gemini (need someone to help me as female or male)
Magnet (need someone to help me as female.)
Spice
Cendrillion (need someone to help me as male)
Romeo and Cinderella

Last edited by Topaz on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Topaz
Topaz
Talkative

Singing Alias : Topaz Posts : 375

https://www.youtube.com/surrealserene

Back to top Go down

First cover? Empty Re: First cover?

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:26 pm

Aaa, I really like most of the songs you've listed >w<

I know that the first song I ever learned/covered was Cantarella, so that would be something I'd like to hear you sing? (It's easier, and it's one of the songs you already know, so that's a bonus <3) But in any case, most of your songs seem like good choices ^^

I'm not tooo sure where your mixing/singing ability are at (because mine were horriid oAo) so it might be in your best interest to start with an easier song to get used to things? But of course, if you've had experience recording and editing in the past, it shouldn't be a problem o3o

Alsoalso, you also might want to choose a song that's your personal favourite instead of taking other people's opinions into consideration too much 8D It'll probably be the most fun to sing the song you personally want to sing the most!

Good luck, and share you cover with me when it's done oAo)b

Back to top Go down

Post by jascarly123zo Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:49 pm

Aii!!~ My first cover was Love is war! (I think that was at the beginning of this year?) Butbut, my mixing was horrible XD I'm ashamed. >< I see that you still have to learn the song, ne?

I agree with keikei! You should choosing a song that you like instead of asking people for what they want to hear (although it's pretty fun hearing what other people suggest! ^^)

Oh! And I can volunteer with helping you learn/master Love is War, Melt, Romeo to Cinderella, and Magnet!

I'm currently learning the other songs you're learning right now too! Good luck!~ ^^
jascarly123zo
jascarly123zo
Keyboard Smasher

Singing Alias : Jasmine Posts : 2336

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWR6WqWK9n6t1cWPnqB0zpg

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaz Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:28 pm

@KeiKei - Thanks for the advice Smile cantarella use to be one of my favorites but since I've discovered the other songs of Vocaloid, I haven't sung or even listened to it in a long while; so maybe I'll make that one my next cover since I already chose my first cover lol. <3

@Jasmine - :D lol love is war is great <3 I dont think it should be hard to learn the rest (I'm halfway down it -w-; ) it's just that i dont listen to it enough x.x; or when I do it's always the english versions I find on youtube. same with Magnet, but if you could somehow help me on romeo and cinderella please? x.x it's so hard...

also my first cover is up on youtube (short version of love is war piano. ) look it up for surrealserene. *can't post links yet T.T * ...
Topaz
Topaz
Talkative

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeagerjacques Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:39 pm

For song choices, it's always best to choose what you want. You'll be happier and less stressed that way, I think. Also, it's you who knows what kinds of songs work best with your voice. Good Luck! ^_^b I shall be listening to your covers, yay~
Jeagerjacques
Jeagerjacques
Talkative

Singing Alias : IZA★ Posts : 348

http://honeystars.blog131.fc2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Carette Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:42 pm

Omg.. I just looked you up on youtube and heard your Love is War Piano ver.. It's hauntingly beautiful. The sound at the 57th second of the video scared me though.. WHAT IS THAT???? O_O I think you sound really good though <333 Aw, I can't seem to subscribe to you since your channel is not available .. but keep up the good work! Smile
Carette
Carette
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Carette / カレット Posts : 682

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/xCarettex

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeagerjacques Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:49 pm

Wow, that's quite a unique approach to Love is War. You have a beautiful voice though~ :D
Jeagerjacques
Jeagerjacques
Talkative

Singing Alias : IZA★ Posts : 348

http://honeystars.blog131.fc2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaz Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:56 pm

@jeagerjacques - thank you :D and thank you for the advice. <3

@Carette - XD lol...sorry about that; I meant to put a warning on about that... since it was a few hours ago that I recorded this I don't remember what it was but it was more than likely my phone dropping or something. But thank you for the compliment and I'll fix that problem with my channel. <3
Topaz
Topaz
Talkative

Back to top Go down

Post by jascarly123zo Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:39 am

I just listened to your first cover as well~~ You voice is so pretty and matured!~ (unlike mine -_-') And love is war piano ver. is so beautiful too~ (how did I see the piano version now...?) And the way your voice echoes sounds very haunting...0____o And it fits with the music!~ 8DD

I had to learn Romeo to Cinderella for a chorus, but I've learned just about it all now!~ ^^

...Soo, how am I supposed to help you learn it? Skype? 0___o
jascarly123zo
jascarly123zo
Keyboard Smasher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:17 am

I'm listening to your cover while I type this. It's so beautifuul *A*)b
Your singing is full of emotion, and you adjust the intensity of your singing accordingly with the different parts of the song. This made your cover full of depth and more interesting to listen to *u* This song suited your voice really well, better than I think cantarella would have. I'm glad you didn't listen to my suggestion LOL Your voice is so incredibly mature and lovely - I want to listen to moore <3

(*There seems to be some type of setting you put on your account so that people can't view your channel page? It would be great if there was some way to fix that ;A;)

The effects you chose to use really suit the song too. I laughed when I heard echo even applied to that sound at around 0:57 and a sound at 2:18 xD But those extra sounds fit in well with the entire mood of the song because of this effect, so it's all good~ cx

One suggestion I might have is to compress your vocals, because the dynamic range right now is really wide. It suits the song, (I keep saying that :I Suiting this, suiting that...) but sometimes I need to turn the volume up a lot to hear your voice properly. As soon as you hit the chorus though, I need to turn the volume down again so that it's not ear-shatteringly loud oAo

I definitely want to hear more from youu <3
And I'm flattered by the comment you left on my profile LOL. I'll gladly make you eggs and bacon if only you'd sing for me~ And I'll add extra cheese with it, special for you >8D

@Jazzy What a coincideence, I'm singing Romeo to Cinderella for a chorus too! <3

And Topaz, myy advice for learning a song is just listening to it a lot. Even if you don't know the lyrics, you'll roughly know what everything sound like - so when you do move on to familiarizing yourself with the words, it'll be a lot easier to match them up with where they go in the song. For me, it's always hard to listen to covers where all of the wording is perfect - but the phrases were split up differently (or there was the addition of a 'u', that may or may not have been silent in the original). Good luck ;'D

Alsoo, it would be cool if you chose a lighter, upbeat song for one of your future covers, just in contrast to this one <3 Your voice was layered with so many effects - I'd like to hear a cover where it's more out in the open? Happy songs are fun to sing tooo~

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaz Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:02 am

@Jasmine - Thank you :D and theres actually lots of piano versions of songs from vocaloid if you look them up *A* they're soooo pretty! *rushes you* go look now .A. ..

I'm also glad everyone liked the echo effect; I thought you guys would tackle me and rip off my arm and beat me with it because everyone does those little echos. xD I'm obsessed with them myself... lol...

Also Jasmine, I dont have skype and this compy is a terrible one (as opposed to the one I was recording on; my moms.) so the microphone wont work D: But I'm getting a new compy soon so when I do; maybe then? :3
Thank you againnnn <33333

@KeiKei - chhhhhheeeessseeeyyyy baconed eggs <3...wheres mai breakfast woman D:< ...lol jk -w- ...

Thank youuuu and especially thank you for the critique :3 I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by compressing my voice though I'm sorry o.o; *is le slow in the brain*

I'm sorry it seemed like I didnt go with your suggestion for canterella X.X *shot* I recorded and uploaded before I saw I even had comments on this page lol....but I'll do that one for you and me because that song is sexy and I like sexy things -////w///- ...mmmmm....oAo;;!!! *back to reality*

About the thing with my youtube page; I'm not really sure what that is. I tried going into the privacy settings last night and changing them so that everything would kind of be open (at least I thought so) But I really don't know what I did to make it private o.o; I may just have to delete my account and renew it if I can't find out how to, but i'll keep looking into it.

Hahaha, yeah sorry about the little bumps and noises throughout the song -w-; I'll be more quiet with my hands next time and more loud with my voice...I can't really get too loud though cause I don't have a working microphone; so I'm just singing aloud and having the computer pic it up on garageband x.x; *hates technology right now* but I'll try to fix that problem as much as i can and I'll try to be better with it when I do get a better computer and microphone. :3 <3

And sure thing I'll do something upbeat and smiley happy :D .....oAo...I think my next cover will be Canterella, then I'll do Melt. :3

thanks again guys <333333

*...still wants cheesy baconed eggs... ;3; *
Topaz
Topaz
Talkative

Back to top Go down

Post by jascarly123zo Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:19 am

Ahh~ Okay then!~ ^w^
I think that your computer's mic actually works better than my mic and has pretty good quality..0_o But that's probably because my mic sounds like crap -_-'

Hope you get a better computer~

..Oh my...0_O Your going to cover Melt soon? Oh, the high notes..@_@ Good luck~~
jascarly123zo
jascarly123zo
Keyboard Smasher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:31 am

-runs to make breakfast-
But I've actually never cooked breakfast before 8D (sheltered child LOL) IS CEREAL OKAY? /shot

No, no, I didn't want you to feel bad about not covering the song I suggested oAo You shouldn't feel inclined to sing Cantarella if you don't really want to cx
But yeees, it's very sexy *u*)b -person who can't be sexy to save her life- orz

Compressing just refers to an effect that compresses the dynamic range, so it eliminates the problem you had before >u< I'm not sure how you can apply it on the software that you use, though ;A;

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaz Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:41 am

@jasmine - thanks :3 and yeah x.x; I'mma most likely die...lol

@Keikei - o3o ...sure lol xD i'll just put cheese on my cereal ewe;;;

KEIKEI = SUPAH HAWTNESS sexified d-w-b alraaiiiiight~ <3

oh I see o.o; I think...oAo;....I'll try LOL. im still kinda working on garageband. tis hard...
Topaz
Topaz
Talkative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down