Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

Someone to play piano for me?

4 posters

Go down

Someone to play piano for me? Empty Someone to play piano for me?

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:00 pm

I'm not quite sure if this is the right place to ask this, so mods, delete/move as you will.

I have a fandub that I've drafted up a piano and flute part and lyrics for since there's no official karaoke song, but I can't record the piano part for various reasons.

If someone on YT Chorus forum has a piano/keyboard with which they can record the piano part for me, that'd be great! (With decent quality of course.) If you can't, but you know someone else who fulfills all the requirements, that'd be wonderful too :D

This is the song:

If you're interested, drop a message with your email so I can email the piano part to your inbox.
It's a .mus file, so you might have to download Finale Reader to see the part.

Thanks, everybody! :D

Back to top Go down

Someone to play piano for me? Empty Re: Someone to play piano for me?

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:40 am

Bumping! With this many musicians on YT Chorus, there have got to be more pianists, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eri Inoue Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:44 am

There actually are quite a few, but a lot of people hate to take requests, or even commissions. I am not one of either.
What I CAN do for you, is, using samples of piano, play your piece in my tracker.

Don't worry, with a little work I can make it Not "8-bit" ish, or chirpy, or however you'd say it. I can make it decent quality. But I will take some work.

See, that's exactly what I'm talking about: I'm all willing to volunteer until I listen to the song, but I don't know if I can live up to your standards, or even harder, my standards, also, where will I find the time, the patience, and then, Why am I even offering my hard work in the first place?!

Well... Good luck, at worst. With luck, either I or some more talented musician will come back in here and dance and tell you that "I'll do it!" and you'll be set.
Eri Inoue
Eri Inoue
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Truly/Marshmelo Posts : 218

http://soundcloud.com/marshmelon/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:27 am

What exactly are you trying to insinuate? No, really, what is your point?

Should people on this forum (and others) no longer ask for volunteers to romanize, mix, and animate when obviously everyone has different standards and little time for these projects? "Why should they offer their hard work in the first place?" If we take this to another level, why should I bother volunteering more than the 25 hours required for community service credit when I could do other stuff with those 10 hours I spend a week?

And what's this about "I'm all willing to volunteer until I listen to the song..." Should I have not put the original song up then? Would you have been more willing to help? In case you couldn't tell by the bare 3 instruments I have arranged this song for, I'm not aiming for a perfect karaoke file. I just want something that'll work beyond my out-of-tune piano with its keys that stick half the time and the pedals that barely work.

I'm not looking for perfection here; even if I'm not satisfied with the quality I'm given, I'd still appreciate all the efforts made and time spent by the people I've asked. If despite all my best efforts I can't make the samples given to me work, I'll try another method until it does.

All the same, I appreciate your efforts in trying to reteach me the fact that there is no free lunch in life. However, I do believe in Rousseau's philosophy, and so I will continue to ask other people for their help in making this work. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eri Inoue Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:31 pm

Spoiler:
Eri Inoue
Eri Inoue
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Truly/Marshmelo Posts : 218

http://soundcloud.com/marshmelon/

Back to top Go down

Post by Emi Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:45 pm

My [short] two cents;; No need to pick a fight and reply to things in blocks. If I remember correctly, harassment isn't tolerated. If you have nothing relevant to say regarding the forum topic, don't say it. Move onto something else that catches your interest.

Other than that, I've already offered, and I have nothing else to say.
Emi
Emi
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : エミ Posts : 1282

Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant

https://www.youtube.com/c/Vyrai

Back to top Go down

Post by @vALoN Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:49 pm

Just ignore him. Such comments are what he's famous for. -_-##

Anyhoo. I usually play songs by ear, so if you're okay with that, then I'm willing to offer my help as well~ (I also have a fairly expensive MIDI program, so it SHOULD sound pretty realistic, but it's not a guarantee. Worse comes to worst, I can always record the video and convert it into an mp3 file.)

But, chances are, Emi's probably a WAAY better pianist than me, so I'm willing to offer up flute as well~ ^v^;;;;
@vALoN
@vALoN
Talkative

Singing Alias : aelita, chantab Posts : 341

http://aelitayoon.wixsite.com/aelita

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:06 pm

Ugh, get your computer infected by a virus and see what you miss XD

@@vALoN (LOL), in that case should I not send you the sheets then? Razz But if you could send in your work (or your email if you do want the sheets) that'd be extremely helpful! :D

And I'm okay with the flute part ^^ That's not an issue for me to record but thanks for the offer Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by @vALoN Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:58 am

LOL
Sure~ Once the long weekend comes around, I'll record a part and send it to you~

Although, I REALLY think you're better off asking Emi for the piano part and me for the flute... I'm only conservatory level 4... Confused
@vALoN
@vALoN
Talkative

Singing Alias : aelita, chantab Posts : 341

http://aelitayoon.wixsite.com/aelita

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaire Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:14 pm

Ehm, I've never tried recording myself on the piano, but even if I get you something absolutely horrid, I'd still love to have that piano part you have. * w *
Blaire
Blaire
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Blaire Posts : 853
My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down