Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] July: Disobedience~Due July 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:43 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:17 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] June: Nature of the World~Due June 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:16 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Fri May 31, 2024 6:05 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Guest Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

Encoding

4 posters

Go down

Encoding Empty Encoding

Post by Ruru Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:30 pm

Hellooo, recently I've been contemplating whether or not I should upload some videos to Nico Nico in the future, but while browsing, I found that many utattemita singers credit someone who encodes (エンコード, I believe) their video for them. I was wondering if someone could explain this and give me some instructions to encode my videos if necessary? oAo

I only have Windows Movie Maker, but I'd be okay with downloading another program to encode my video with if it were safe and free. "OTL Actually, if anyone could also suggest me a better video editing program than WMM that's free (lol yeah right), I'd be forever in your debt. xD
Ruru
Ruru
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Ayamari/誤リ Posts : 78

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/ruukai

Back to top Go down

Encoding Empty Re: Encoding

Post by krannda Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:37 pm

I'm afraid Windows Movie Maker will not be able to do the job as Nicovideo has certain criterias on uploading.
http://nicowiki.com/encode.html
This site is in Japanese but if you put the words into a translator, it should be easy to understand.

Basically, what I do is export a file from WMM, then import it to a converter such as Clone2Go (which has a free version btw) and encode it into the suitable dimensions. Sometimes, it doesn't work, so it might take a while to get the right settings. In my experience and according to a friend of mine who uploads frequently on Nico, flv is the best format.

Alternatively, you can try finding some video editing software, that enables you to choose your own settings and export in flv. owo

Hope this helps~
Kran
krannda
krannda
I'm still alive?

Singing Alias : kran Posts : 1244

My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

https://www.youtube.com/user/fxsynth

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruru Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:57 pm

krannda wrote:I'm afraid Windows Movie Maker will not be able to do the job as Nicovideo has certain criterias on uploading.
http://nicowiki.com/encode.html
This site is in Japanese but if you put the words into a translator, it should be easy to understand.

Basically, what I do is export a file from WMM, then import it to a converter such as Clone2Go (which has a free version btw) and encode it into the suitable dimensions. Sometimes, it doesn't work, so it might take a while to get the right settings. In my experience and according to a friend of mine who uploads frequently on Nico, flv is the best format.

Alternatively, you can try finding some video editing software, that enables you to choose your own settings and export in flv. owo

Hope this helps~
Kran

Thanks for the input! :>

Oh wow, it's really complicated. @_@ Even after translating that page into English, there's still so much to look out for... but from what I understand, encoding changes the file type and dimensions of the video. So after exporting a video in WMM, I just need to change those settings in another program somehow?
Ruru
Ruru
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Aniki Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:17 am

That's pretty much it. I might be a bit tough to keep the quality while shrinking the filesize (unless you have a nico premium of course). I don't upload to nico very much at all, but I use Adobe Media Encoder for encoding purposes.

My friend (another RuRu lol) uploads to nico frequently, and was having problems with her most recent video. Some experimenting on ME seemed to solve her problems.
Aniki
Aniki
Talkative

Singing Alias : 兄貴 Posts : 336

CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruru Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:00 pm

Aniki wrote:That's pretty much it. I might be a bit tough to keep the quality while shrinking the filesize (unless you have a nico premium of course). I don't upload to nico very much at all, but I use Adobe Media Encoder for encoding purposes.

My friend (another RuRu lol) uploads to nico frequently, and was having problems with her most recent video. Some experimenting on ME seemed to solve her problems.

Lol, at first I thought you said "some experimenting on me seemed to solve her problems", which both amused and confused me at the same time. xDD;
So it has a trial and error kind of learning curve? Wonderful... Are there any terrible consequences if you don't encode your video? Would the quality just be downright atrocious? D:
Ruru
Ruru
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshimi Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:10 am

Ruru wrote:
Aniki wrote:That's pretty much it. I might be a bit tough to keep the quality while shrinking the filesize (unless you have a nico premium of course). I don't upload to nico very much at all, but I use Adobe Media Encoder for encoding purposes.

Lol, at first I thought you said "some experimenting on me seemed to solve her problems", which both amused and confused me at the same time. xDD;
So it has a trial and error kind of learning curve? Wonderful... Are there any terrible consequences if you don't encode your video? Would the quality just be downright atrocious? D:

All videos are encoded, encoding just refers to the quality, format, and codec in which the video is rendered.
Yoshimi
Yoshimi
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : 嘉 (Yoshimi) Posts : 154
My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruru Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:44 pm

Yoshimi wrote:
All videos are encoded, encoding just refers to the quality, format, and codec in which the video is rendered.

You're right... I guess I should rephrase it to "specially encoded videos" or something. >_>
Ruru
Ruru
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by krannda Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:29 pm

Responding to your question: yes, the quality would be totally horrible if you don't encode it within nico standard (LOL that /is/ why they have a standard after all). My first few uploads were pretty pixelated and weren't as clear as my uploads on YouTube because I used WMM to encode/render my videos. Sometimes, even the quality of the sound is lost too!
krannda
krannda
I'm still alive?

Singing Alias : kran Posts : 1244

My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

https://www.youtube.com/user/fxsynth

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruru Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:24 pm

krannda wrote:Responding to your question: yes, the quality would be totally horrible if you don't encode it within nico standard (LOL that /is/ why they have a standard after all). My first few uploads were pretty pixelated and weren't as clear as my uploads on YouTube because I used WMM to encode/render my videos. Sometimes, even the quality of the sound is lost too!

Ahaha, I guess I can't be lazy then. xD; Thanks a lot for the info! :>
Ruru
Ruru
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down