Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Yesterday at 5:28 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

For us who are learning to sing~(Mainly just me)

+3
akano07
Kemi
Rin Nano
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

For us who are learning to sing~(Mainly just me) Empty For us who are learning to sing~(Mainly just me)

Post by Guest Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:30 pm

Okay, here is a place for us people trying to learn to sing, but completely failing at it, like me. Post your faildubs here and together we can ask for tips and help from our fellow YTChorus members. Sound reasonable? But wait! Theres more! Heres the catch: In your post you have to say HELP MEEE! or something else that makes you sound desperate >_>.

Heh, I'll probably be the only one to post something here.. But here goes!

Help Me!!!

Last edited by shoyru166166 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:18 am; edited 7 times in total

Back to top Go down

For us who are learning to sing~(Mainly just me) Empty Re: For us who are learning to sing~(Mainly just me)

Post by Rin Nano Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:25 am

Uhmm... you have a nice voice so when you've learned how to use it right it will sound great!

So to the critic... don't hate me ><:
You have a pitch problem so you might work on getting the notes right and you can do that in a really simple way:
Go to your Piano if you have one or just a random instrument whatever and play a note and try sing the eccact note as you hear and do that again again again and again with different notes
Someone finds it hard to jugde if the note they're singing is right... if you are one of thoose then record you practising and hear it on you computer that might make it a bit easyer to hear if theres a difference.

i don't know how to put a finger on it but i'll try... the way you're singing is not the best way to sing... it sounds like you're singing with your throught and that could be a part of your pitch problem because singing with your throught makes it so much harder to control your voice... you have to learn how to sing with the lower part of your stomack ^^ That will make it a lot easyer for you to make the sound better and control your notes.

Hope it helped good luck ^w^
Rin Nano
Rin Nano
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

For us who are learning to sing~(Mainly just me) Empty Re: For us who are learning to sing~(Mainly just me)

Post by Guest Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:36 am

Rin Nano wrote:Uhmm... you have a nice voice so when you've learned how to use it right it will sound great!

So to the critic... don't hate me ><:
You have a pitch problem so you might work on getting the notes right and you can do that in a really simple way:
Go to your Piano if you have one or just a random instrument whatever and play a note and try sing the eccact note as you hear and do that again again again and again with different notes
Someone finds it hard to jugde if the note they're singing is right... if you are one of thoose then record you practising and hear it on you computer that might make it a bit easyer to hear if theres a difference.

i don't know how to put a finger on it but i'll try... the way you're singing is not the best way to sing... it sounds like you're singing with your throught and that could be a part of your pitch problem because singing with your throught makes it so much harder to control your voice... you have to learn how to sing with the lower part of your stomack ^^ That will make it a lot easyer for you to make the sound better and control your notes.

Hope it helped good luck ^w^
Ah thank you, criticism is what I really need! Yeah..I've never really tried to sing before, so that explains how/why im singing with my throat..I've heard many places that I have to sing with my diaphragm, The same thing applies to when I'm playing my flute kinda, when I have to do vibrato and stuff..But the point is, I fail at it >_>..And the pitch problem...>.> I'll work on it. Im taking music theory in school this year, and we're learning alot about pitches and the teacher makes us sing them and stuff. I know a little about pitch anyways, because I play an instrument, but I guess I have to try harder to apply that to my singing. Thank you so much! :3, Ill try my hardest!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Nano Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:25 pm

^^ You are on the right track no doubt! I am sure you'll do great!
Rin Nano
Rin Nano
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemi Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:24 pm

Use your diaphragm when singing? >.> lol sorry, thats the only thing I know how to do, and it might not help much, and when you breathe don't puff out your chest, let your sides, ribs, and back expand as you breathe. Sit up straight, or stand when singing. Don't slouch, your breath intake will be shorter, and will fill your lungs less. uhh...What else? I guess nothing, but whatever. :D I hope it helps, even if its not much.
Kemi
Kemi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kemi Posts : 945

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:09 am

OMIGAWD I sang another song...Dont kill me...>.>...I.....Tried. Nobody wants to be my forbidden lover, because I cant sing for my life. So I sang Magnet all by myself *sob* Oh yeah, I drew the picture too >.>
Wrong notes everywhere, I know OTL

Oh my gosh! YOUR EARS ARE BLEEDING! IM SO SORRY! I...I...*runs*

Last edited by shoyru166166 on Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Nano Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:32 am

You are on the right trach! You are getting better! Honetly just keep practising! I new advice sig out louder don't be scared off hearing our own voice or anyone to hear you just sing out loud that will make the sound to be more clear.
Also your high notes sound like you are forcing your voice too much try to relax and sing as if you know you can... try to reach the note from above if you understand what i means.
Whatever don't think "OMG HIGH NOTE" when you're close to some high notes that wil automaticly make you forcing your voice.

^^
Rin Nano
Rin Nano
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:54 pm

Rin Nano wrote:You are on the right trach! You are getting better! Honetly just keep practising! I new advice sig out louder don't be scared off hearing our own voice or anyone to hear you just sing out loud that will make the sound to be more clear.
Also your high notes sound like you are forcing your voice too much try to relax and sing as if you know you can... try to reach the note from above if you understand what i means.
Whatever don't think "OMG HIGH NOTE" when you're close to some high notes that wil automaticly make you forcing your voice.

^^

Yeah the thing is, I am singing kind of loud, but my microphone doesnt like me, so it records my voice very softly, and then i have to increase the volume of the recording..Then it sounds like I sang the song while whispering >.> But I guess I'll try to sing louder still

And the high notes, they sound forced because they really are. The notes arent that high, I know I can reach them, but my voice is weird- It always had this husky airy sound under the pitch im singing, if you get what i mean..It sounds like when you lose your voice but try to sing, and you get that kind of airy squeak or something. I dont know what that is or whats causing it, but its always there in my voice and it really starts to affect me when i get near the high notes. That sound takes over my voice completely at the high notes unless I really force them to come out :/..And I had my voice when I sang that song, so its not like I sang it when I had no voice. I should find out what that sound is and try to fix it.

But anyway, yeah thanks for helping me out so much, i'll keep practicing to get better.

But singing has to wait a while..I've had bad luck with my voice for like the past month and a half. At first, I caught a cold and I lost my voice, then as i was recovering from the cold, i caught the flu, and was coughing so much i souldnt talk or sing..And now recovering from the flu I lost my voice again, and I still have that cough. So hopefully everything is gonna go away soon so I can continue singing.

Thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:31 pm

Yay yay another song! I had fun singing this one! I hit most of the notes I think, I didnt cringe that much when I listened to it! I'm so proud!
I edited the picture for it to look like me >.> I stumbled over my words alot at the very end, way to end it, huh?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Nano Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:47 pm

shoyru166166 wrote:
Rin Nano wrote:You are on the right trach! You are getting better! Honetly just keep practising! I new advice sig out louder don't be scared off hearing our own voice or anyone to hear you just sing out loud that will make the sound to be more clear.

^^

Yeah the thing is, I am singing kind of loud, but my microphone doesnt like me, so it records my voice very softly, and then i have to increase the volume of the recording..Then it sounds like I sang the song while whispering >.> But I guess I'll try to sing louder still

And the high notes, they sound forced because they really are. The notes arent that high, I know I can reach them, but my voice is weird- It always had this husky airy sound under the pitch im singing, if you get what i mean..It sounds like when you lose your voice but try to sing, and you get that kind of airy squeak or something. I dont know what that is or whats causing it, but its always there in my voice and it really starts to affect me when i get near the high notes. That sound takes over my voice completely at the high notes unless I really force them to come out :/..And I had my voice when I sang that song, so its not like I sang it when I had no voice. I should find out what that sound is and try to fix it.

But anyway, yeah thanks for helping me out so much, i'll keep practicing to get better.

But singing has to wait a while..I've had bad luck with my voice for like the past month and a half. At first, I caught a cold and I lost my voice, then as i was recovering from the cold, i caught the flu, and was coughing so much i souldnt talk or sing..And now recovering from the flu I lost my voice again, and I still have that cough. So hopefully everything is gonna go away soon so I can continue singing.

Thanks again!

uhmm... what program do you use? Can't you make your voice louder while mixing? Whatever if you can't do high notes just choose low-noted songs or pitch down the songs you are dubbing ^^ not everyone can sing high and maybe you just have to wait for your basic singing to get better before focusing on the details.

OMG almost sounds like what i got... i am taking painkillers...
Rin Nano
Rin Nano
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:01 pm

I use audacity

I went in my audio and recording options on my computer and I found "recording volume" and I put that on max but i dont think it made a difference >.> Yeah I probably have to train my voice more for my range to increase, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by akano07 Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:37 pm

hi shoyru! >.< i also use audacity and i make my voice louder by clicking the effects button then amplify. :D

ahhmm. i also need criticisms in this cover of mine. ahhmm it's a korean song. i just think that my voice is kinda of bad quality and nasal. waah. -.- what shoud i do with my voice???

Neutral
akano07
akano07
Talkative

Singing Alias : akano Posts : 348

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Nano Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:12 am

@akano07 You have a really nice voice... if you learn to use your voice the right way your singing will be great! You have a really nice rock-touch in your voice ^^
Try to sing more with your stomack and try not to lay the words in your throat... the words is suposted to lay more around the lips... if that even made sence...
But besides that i think your singing is great just keep practising and i am really sure you'll be a great singer.
Rin Nano
Rin Nano
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by akano07 Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:14 am

@ rin - i'll definitely follow your advice. hmm. then i'll post a vid here. thank you. i'll practice hard. x_x Smile
akano07
akano07
Talkative

Singing Alias : akano Posts : 348

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:13 pm

I'm going to be a little hard on you, if you don't mind. I'm sorry if it's a bit harsh, but it is critiquing. (And I'm not a professional so sometimes I, you know, may not have an exact idea of what I'm talking about.)

shoyru166166 wrote:(...) Yeah I probably have to train my voice more for my range to increase, right?
You can't train your voice to improve your vocal range if you're just singing with your head voice. I can tell you are because your voice is all airy. To be honest, it's not really singing properly.

Forget all that stuff about breathing control and pitch control first. Let's talk about how you should use your voice to sing. Use your normal voice, the voice that you always talk with, and hold out a note. And don't keep it in either--be as loud as the hell you want. Don't make it like you're screaming the note though; it should be a long, warm and beautiful-sounding note that's comfortable to produce. That should be how you sing songs always, unless the notes you sing are out of your usual "comfortable singing zone". But that's why you train your voice with your chest voice to try to hit higher notes, albeit the training can be a bit uncomfortable to you, but hey, no pain no gain. (It shouldn't sore your throat though, otherwise you're training wrong.) Over time, you will be able to hit them, unless they're REALLY out of your comfortable zone, then you'd need to use your head voice. Usually people's comfortable zones are about an octave from their lowest note they can produce to whichever note, or bigger.

You should find out what vocal type you are. Are you a soprano, mezzo-soprano, contralto? I personally am a contralto, meaning I can sing really low for a female, from an E below middle C to somewhere above two Cs. If you find out what vocal type you are, you can find out which songs you want to sing are comfortable for you, and you'd learn a whole lot more information about your voice and your singing.

Second thing you should worry about after you're used to using your chest voice is your pitch control. Your pitch control isn't very, er, well-developed, I guess? No, I don't think that's the word. Anyway, you should listen to the songs that you plan to sing more often and really get the gist of the pitch, the lyrics, etc. Then, when you finally sing it out, record yourself straight out, and then listen to yourself sing without any background music. Do you sound right? Do the notes sound okay? Does it sound awkward? When it comes to publishing covers and stuff, you gotta be nitpicky about these things and be as perfect as you can make it, or people listening to your covers really will think you don't have the potential to sing good. I think you do--in fact, I think everyone has that potential to, but it's just that most of those people can't seem to find and correct their mistakes. Er, sorry, rambled there.

Breath control is after. No, I don't mean like making sure your breath doesn't smell nasty, but how you breathe during you sing. When you're singing, you have troubles breathing, especially in Romeo & Cinderella, like stopping your singing during the middle of a line to take a quick, choppy breath. Using your head voice takes up a lot more air than your chest voice, and when you're using your head voice for the whole song when clearly you can use your chest voice for those notes, no wonder you have problems of when to breathe.

This is a most difficult thing to do though: breathing with your diaphragm. Your diaphragm is, I think, right under your rib cage. When most people breathe while thy're singing, their shoulders rise up, their chest expands. It isn't the wrong and unhealthy way of breathing, because, naturally, it's very comfortable to breathe like that. But apparently, using your diaphragm will bring in more air in your lungs for you to sing, so it's better to use your diaphragm. It's very uncomfortable and a bit unsettling to start using your diaphragm all so suddenly when singing--even I can't use my diaphragm while singing unless I really think of using it. Instead of your shoulders and chest rising, when you breathe in, only your belly expands. You should one day just lie on your back on your bed or sofa or floor, and just breathe. It's a lot more easier to make your belly bigger and use your diaphragm while you breathe, right?

Sorry for this long post, I just... ehhh. I'm talkative, no? My first post and already it makes you have to scroll down to reach to the end of it. Oh, but I hope you found this helpful though, 'cause I didn't type all this out for nothing...

EDIT: Oh, and you should never sing when you have a sore throat, a cold, a stuffy nose, y'know, all those sinuses and illnesses, or right after eating. It kind of, er, messes your voice up, and you might even lose your voice or end up making your vocal range smaller, if you continue like that. And drink plenty of water, just water, to hydrate your throat and vocal chords.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:17 am

Heres another one

I tried... OTL

I had alot of fun singing this though :3

Back to top Go down

Post by chokoreetokun Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:25 am

Hmm i don't like this dub i made XD
There's definitely something wrong with it! XD
Somebody PLEASE HELP MEH! =D
chokoreetokun
chokoreetokun
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Choko(reetokun) Posts : 259

My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/chokoreetokun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:22 pm

I absolutely love you for even doing the desperately begging for help part xD

Nobody else did it >_> but me

So Anyways, Heres another fail i just wanted to put up, but its definately not my best fail, i just had fun singing it and stumbling over my words :D oh god the high notes

HEEEEAAALP! >.>

When I was recording this, i was singing along to Clear's Iroha Song, and when i played the recording back, i was singing with him but i felt so bad because my bad singing is an insult to him D: Clears so hawwttttttttttttttt*squeal*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:41 pm

Another another!

rawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Squeaky22126 Mon May 31, 2010 6:04 pm

chokoreetokun: You start off good, then you quickly lose the pitch. I also can't tell for sure but your voice sounds kind of nasaly (sp?), are you singing through your nose ?

shoyru166166: I've listened to a few of your covers and I can tell you're improving! But have more confidence in your singing, your voice is so soft. I don't like high notes either >.> but the best way to reach them is to practice, practice, practice! The more you do, the wider of a range you will have. Warm up your voice before attempting a note you are not comfortable with.
Also, singing along with the original singer helps a lot! If you can match what they're doing, then the next step is doing it your way.
Kamina I would recommend this to chokoreetokun, too. It'll help with any pitch and beat issues.

I hope I helped at all!
Squeaky22126
Squeaky22126

Singing Alias : Alisa-Beth Posts : 26

https://www.youtube.com/user/Littlekat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuma-tan Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:51 pm

....ahahahahaahaha heres just the vocals to a dub i was going to do but i was too late...i mess up a lot and you hear me say words...Im also going to say my Editor's name and yeah...Ahahahaha i fail..I have a terrible mic and voice.
i also show my ugly face..And my hair is all messed up cuz its soo hooooot....oh andyou might need to turn up the
volume by a little bit.

there is sooo many things wrong with this.
Kuma-tan
Kuma-tan
iPost'a'Lot

Singing Alias : mir Posts : 3300

Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/Miramiee

Back to top Go down

Post by o0SweetFunshine0o Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:43 pm

I shall drop by with a question ^-^

My trouble is that I'm not strong enough at times, and I have no emotion when I sing!
Sometimes when I'm trying to hold a note, you can hear it wavering. It sounds weak and about to die >.<
Also, I'm having trouble putting emotion into my voice. If its an exciting song, I can feel excited when I'm singing it, but when you hear the recording, it sound like I'm half asleep...

Looking for suggestions!
Please HELP~ SOS =D
o0SweetFunshine0o
o0SweetFunshine0o

Singing Alias : Serené Lin Posts : 11

Dango Daikazoku Chorus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuma-tan Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:10 pm

Well~If you can give a voice sample i may be able to help.
Kuma-tan
Kuma-tan
iPost'a'Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by o0SweetFunshine0o Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:19 pm

Alright, I shall ^-^
Excuse my completely dead voice please~

Most recent + the only vocaloid related song I did.
Please give me suggestions for getting better ^-^
o0SweetFunshine0o
o0SweetFunshine0o

Singing Alias : Serené Lin Posts : 11

Dango Daikazoku Chorus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuma-tan Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:14 pm

Hmm. Try singing with a smile?I dont know. If you can, can you try singing a smidge higher? Light up your voice in any kind of thing idk.But overall, your voice is really good.
Kuma-tan
Kuma-tan
iPost'a'Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next