Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Wed May 01, 2024 5:28 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

Lol whut >_>

+6
Serenetxl
Suntamukun
Cherysh
irO
Dympchan
Una
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lol whut >_> Empty Lol whut >_>

Post by Una Wed May 26, 2010 5:22 am

Spoiler:

God honestly :/
~Una

Last edited by Una on Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Una
Una
Talkative

My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1

https://www.youtube.com/user/Unawhut

Back to top Go down

Lol whut >_> Empty Re: Lol whut >_>

Post by Dympchan Wed May 26, 2010 10:53 am

OMG I'M NOT ALONE <3 <3 <3

I'm always in class like; I NEED A HIGHER NOTE THAN THEM.. NEED ITTTT x3

-subscribes to you- :'D
NOW YOU HAVE MOAR 8D

Dympchan
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Banner Decorator * 1 Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story Treasure Hunt Runner Ups

Back to top Go down

Post by irO Wed May 26, 2010 3:16 pm

XD it also could be that they spread word of their channels a lot.
*looks at "Pimp Your Latest Covers" thread*
*looks at people who promote themselves through signatures or outside websites.....kicks self*
or if they're active on forums and make a lot of friends and stuff, people would subscribe lots them.
Then again, there are always new faces in YT everyday, so we all have to work hard on getting our names out there, yes? ^^
irO
irO
iPost'a'Lot

Singing Alias : いろ Posts : 2740
Location : in a cardboard box that's in a room that's in a house that's in a city that's in a province that's in Canada

https://www.youtube.com/user/Oriolis

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherysh Wed May 26, 2010 5:31 pm

You know, in a way you're plugging your YT channel w/ this topic D:

Oh, and you have a great voice for someone so young >w<

I can see where you're coming from (perhaps they 'pimp' their channels, like how irO explained, though I think most of us are guilty of that). But in the end I think that subscribers or view counts don't matter too much (because to me, I make covers for fun, and if other people happen to like/enjoy it, that's a bonus).
Cherysh
Cherysh
Talkative

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2010 7:10 pm

Didn't you just get a new account? It's not.... surprising that you don't have that many subs yet.

But uh, I hate myself. I feel terrible because there are AMAZING people with less subs than me..! I love my subscribers, of course, I don't wish I had less.. I just feel bad that there are people who don't have as much..! OTL I don't want people to hate me just because I have many subs..! It's not my fault!

Don't hate on anyone because their sub count, they can't help it...!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2010 7:16 pm

Well, I guess so. I usually give someone with more subs a rank of respect like a class system for some reason until I get to know them more. My videos come once every two months so I guess it's mostly my fault but I feel like I put a whole lot of work into them x.x

It's good to respect yourself though and work at your own pace. =]
*wasn't sure if I made any sense*

Back to top Go down

Post by Una Thu May 27, 2010 12:05 am

@Dympchan:
WEE <3 xD -SHOT- You still have moar than me :3

@ir0:
Lol idk xD? The 'pimp your latest covers' thread it pretty okay for me though o: And i love new YT people <3 (some of them have so much potential that you wouldnt believe it OTL)

@Cherysh:
Oh god. Really?! OTL. I feel like an arse now llOTL

@yanovi:
Ah yeah. Im not too upset about my new account though o: It's just something i've been thinking about way before i started th new one o: Uh uh plus plus i dont hate them? 8D; I get annoyed at times but in th end i cant exactly do anything =w=;

@Takumi:
Thats true 8D

=w=;;;; I feel horrible for even starting this topic.

~Una
Una
Una
Talkative

Back to top Go down

Post by Suntamukun Thu May 27, 2010 3:17 am

I already subbed you Una chan, and as you said, I'm from the "some people like *insert name here* are just....blehs." XD
Fufufu
And, you shouldn't care that much about subs. It doesn't mean that you are good or not ;D
Suntamukun
Suntamukun
Chorus Staff

Singing Alias : すん/suntamu Posts : 376
Dango Daikazoku Chorus CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 27, 2010 4:27 am

Yes , you are the only one you arrogant egotistical whore.

I'm just kidding Wink No dear you most certainly are not the only one who feels that way. I do kinda have a sense of satisfaction when it comes to seeing my subscribers. Just a heads up if you're wondering if I have many subscribers.... I so don't. I have 25.
But the thing is I think that every head counts, it means that my voice or my videos (I also have non-covers there to) pleased at least one person and for that I'm happy.
You shouldn't hold so much importance to numbers Una, why ? Because they're just freaking numbers. Just because a person has over 500 subscribers doesn't mean they are necessarily talented, as you've said.
Another something I'd like to point out, just because you've been doing it longer doesn't necessarily mean you're better then people who've done it less than you.
As an example: I also draw, I've been drawing my whole life. I see an artist who started drawing two years ago and they've already gotten far past me in terms of technique.
That my friend is something that bites you in the A@# and that big guns upstairs created so he could piss off us regular folk. What I'm talking about is Talent.
If you're talented in something and you work at it, you'll surely surpass many quickly. If you're average, you need to train more than a talented person and slowly creep up to get noticed.

And as for the "certain users not deserving subscribers" I'll remind you people in general are idiots and have no real understanding as to what constitutes good music or art. Hence, when a user uses a sexy voice in one of HIS songs people are all: "OMG HIS VOICE IS SO SEXY DESUUUU" And I'm not trying to sound pretentious here, I'm part of that group myself. After all ... I used to be subscribed to that certain person whose name I will not mention and I realize they just weren't that talented at all.

Protip: Suntamu it's not you Ha...ha...

Also, on a final note: Some people may assume that this thread is kinda a cry for subscribers/attention because half the people in this say that they've now subbed to you Happy Go Lucky

Edit: Nice cover up btw Una

Last edited by Ka~ya on Thu May 27, 2010 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Dympchan Thu May 27, 2010 6:26 am

So true!

I hate Talent, don't know why. Maybe cause I don't have a talent?
Everyone is always better then me in things, so yeah ><;

Dympchan
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Banner Decorator * 1 Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story Treasure Hunt Runner Ups

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 27, 2010 6:55 am

No Dymph, stop that silly talk

Generic citation is generic : "everyone is good at something"
I hold that expression extremely close to my heart for personal reasons and because it's true. Is a baby better than you at reading, as stupid as the example may sound it illustrates my point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenetxl Thu May 27, 2010 7:28 am

Hey Una. ♥️
It's been long, hasn't it?
Well, subscribers (numbers basically), as the rest have already said, don't matter. I know you're competitive, i am too (shot), and it's hard to take it lying down right? To know that there's people out there who you sing better than, and yet their subscriber number is higher comparatively.

I hate this feeling. It builds up within you.
It feels so unfair. Blah.
But that's society for you now, i suppose. The materialistic, superficial society that doesn't see talent, but the physical blahs?

I'm just rattling off now, so i'm wondering if i'm making sense.
Serenetxl
Serenetxl

Singing Alias : Yami Posts : 11

CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2 CB (1) Round 3

https://www.youtube.com/serenetxl

Back to top Go down

Post by Una Thu May 27, 2010 7:34 am

YES. YAMI. THIS.

Ily <3

Nice to know we're both competitive ohohoh. Maybe it's just Singaporean kiasu-ness in our blood? :/ *shrugs*

Anyway long time no talk Yami <3

~Una
Una
Una
Talkative

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenetxl Thu May 27, 2010 7:36 am

I think it's Singapore's education system. -shot-
Serenetxl
Serenetxl

Back to top Go down

Post by Una Thu May 27, 2010 7:39 am

Hmm. Possible possible. HAHAH! xD;

~Una
Una
Una
Talkative

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenetxl Thu May 27, 2010 7:41 am

You look at Singapore's education system, it's all insane.
The society forces you to work like crazy, to be on the ball, to be the best of the best before you're recognised with scholarships, bursaries and god-knows-what.
(I hope i don't get sued. LOL.)

But anyway, that's why Singapore students are either too slack (given up on competition) or too "Kiasu" (brain got psycho-ed from competition). OTL
Well, Una, we're in the same boat.
Serenetxl
Serenetxl

Back to top Go down

Post by Una Thu May 27, 2010 7:49 am

Yami makes sense Happiness <3 <3 <3

Singapore education is like. "Strive to be the best in everything you do, always be at the top of your game. Take part actively in your CCA, score well for your studies and plan for a bright future ahead" =A= (....woah OTL)

Anyway. Glad there's someone else who knows how i feel =u=~ <3

~Una
Una
Una
Talkative

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenetxl Thu May 27, 2010 7:55 am

Well Una.
We're Singaporeans, under the same #$#$^!@# education system, and we're both singers, even though our vocal ranges are different.
We both know each other's capabilities so. xD
There's no way i won't get how it's like to feel that -inserts vulgarities here- way, when you see those subbers on YT... OTL
Serenetxl
Serenetxl

Back to top Go down

Post by Una Thu May 27, 2010 8:02 am

LOL ooooh Yami. xD

And inorite >8C about th subbers thing.

~Una
Una
Una
Talkative

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenetxl Thu May 27, 2010 8:11 am

Yeah man, you soprano woman. 8D
Serenetxl
Serenetxl

Back to top Go down

Post by Una Thu May 27, 2010 8:19 am

UH UH Alto woman? -SHOT-

Idk. I cant go that high anyway o: OuO Anyway. Night night Yami~ I wanna sleep OTL And thanks btw 8D~

~Una
Una
Una
Talkative

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenetxl Thu May 27, 2010 8:27 am

Higher than meh. *strangles Una*
Have a good night's rest, daughter. ♥️
Serenetxl
Serenetxl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciel Thu May 27, 2010 11:54 am

I think my thought process is SLIGHTLY different from most people here?

I know I'm not bad, and I mentally CANNOT understand why someone I DEFINITELY think is not as good as me is so popular, not in comparison to me, but just like...in general. Not because I'm upset I'm not as popular, just that I cannot understand why they're more popular than me? In a way where I use myself as the "average"...if that makes any sense to anyone?

This is coming from a person who isn't naturally talented at singing, althought it's been my passion my whole life. To be honest? I only sing for myself. My song choices reflect what -I- want to sing, not what -people- want me to sing (c'mon, people should know that by now from all my obscure S@#! no one's heard of in their entire life). I sing songs I enjoy, whether I sound good on them or not, and as long as I'm enjoying myself, that's more than enough. It's a bonus if someone happens to enjoy the cover too!

I think what usually upsets me isn't the general subscriber thing, but more the "voice type stereotype" thing, where people who generally have sweet/cute/girly voices just seem to be more popular by default. And that upsets me partially because my voice isn't that, but also because a lot of my favourite singers DON'T have that voice type and aren't getting the popularity I think they deserve. That unchangable fact ALWAYS drives me up the wall ):

Also, it's important to give your all in every single one of your covers. People who frequent someone will be more inclined to want to subscribe if you give a constant quality on your videos. None of that "I'm sick, sorry it's crap" or "I was bored so I one-shotted" (all the time, anyway), or "I couldn't be bothered" type videos are going to attract solid subscribers, I'm afraid. I'm using myself in a slightly egotistic way here, but I think that my subscribers probably subscribe to me because my standard's always the same? I never post "halfassed" dubs, and even my sole lazy dub was only lazy because I didn't do harmonies. I don't think I'm an amazing singer, but I'm sure people appreciate the effort I put into my covers?

Everyone's got a bit of ego in them, but sometimes it's good to keep that to yourself, because you might drive people away with egocentric thinking all the time, and to top it off - you're only going to upset yourself if you "pick fights" when "no one's fighting back" (:

I STOPPED MAKING SENSE. SORRY. LOL. BTW not directed at anyone in particular, just throwing out my thoughts on this whole thing XD;;
Ciel
Ciel
Retired Staff

http://flavors.me/justciel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumbancha Thu May 27, 2010 12:33 pm

I would be a liar if I said I didn't have that same thought in my head before, yeah, I totally undertstand you Una, it is somewhat disencouraging, I personally don't have many suscribers either (68 in the 7 months I've been making covers) and well, I'm now starting to really appreciate every one suscription I earn beacuse people are not really obligated to suscribe to me, Is more of something I earn, and well, suscriptions are no longer a problem for me but comments are, I care a lot about comments, I usually comment a lot on people's videos but I don't get many comments on mine, It makes me a bit sad but ther'es nothing I can do but hope that I keep getting comments in the future, (my Mege megu fire endlees night got many comments, I'm happy) and I also have my loyal people who ALWAYS comment on my videos! (y'all know who you are, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH) and yeah, don't really let that get to you, is disencouraging but suscribers don't really mean anyhting because they don't reflect how talented you are they reflect popularity rather than talent, so is all good, Keep singing Una ;D

Ciel wrote:I think what usually upsets me isn't the general subscriber thing, but more the "voice type stereotype" thing, where people who generally have sweet/cute/girly voices just seem to be more popular by default

OMG OMG OMG! THIS TOO! I don't have a cute voice either so it's definitely one of the reasons i don't have many suscribers

;D
Kumbancha
Kumbancha
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kumba Posts : 1151

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Una Thu May 27, 2010 5:40 pm

Ah yush yush and the stereotype thing too o: But i try to get that over with by thinking that "Lolicons are after them." -SHOT-

~Una
Una
Una
Talkative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next