Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

Chorus Winners' Info

Go down

Chorus Winners' Info Empty Chorus Winners' Info

Post by YTChorus Sun May 16, 2010 1:39 am

Chorus Winners' Info JdI86Nm
This is a list of the most frequently asked questions. If you have any other doubts, please PM any of the Staff members who are available (Staff members' availability can be checked in the Homepage of the Forum in Members Online).

Q: How often do new chorus projects start? 
A:
 We try to keep two chorus projects going on at the same time. If both projects finish simultaneously, one project will begin, the next project will start a month later to give the chorus staff time to work on everything. The length of the project will depend on the staff's free time. Our goal is to release a project every two months, but it will not always happen. We ask that you please be patient in these times.

Q: My name is listed in the audition slot! Does that mean I got accepted into the chorus?
A:
No. The usage of that list is to keep track of the people who have auditioned. There will be a separate thread after the results have been decided and the script posted. 

Q: When will results be posted?  
A:
 Results may take anywhere from a few days to two weeks. The reason for this is because once we have decided the people who will be singing, the chorus staff also needs to do blend tests and scripting. 

FOR THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE PASSED THE AUDITIONS:
Q: When are lines due?
A:
 Singers will usually have three to four weeks to turn in lines. Singers will be asked to CONFIRM their interest in participating by filling out the singers' form and turning in their OCs. A week before lines are due, admin will send out a PM to people who have not confirmed they will be participating / turned in lines yet. If you do not turn in your lines by the due date and you have not confirmed that you will be participating, you will be booted from the list and replaced with a back-up singer. 

Q: How are the back-up vocalists found?
A:
 We will pull from people who auditioned. People will be chosen who are able to blend well with the other members. If there are not enough people who auditioned or do not blend well, we may ask a staff member or open auditions up again for one week to anyone who is interested.

Q: Can I add effects to my vocals?
A:
Please do not run any effects over your vocals. All vocal submissions must be unedited (noise removal is allowed provided you know what you are doing).

Q: How do I send my vocals?
A:
Before sending the files, make sure your vocals have no background music or strange noises. DO NOT run noise removal over your lines unless you know what you are doing.

Export your vocals according to the mixer's requests in the chorus thread. We have several mixers, and they each have their own preferences. Check the chorus thread guidelines to make sure you follow the proper guidelines. If there are any overlapping parts, please seperate them. If wav's are too big for you to upload, first try zipping them (using software such as WinZip, WinRAR, 7zip etc.), or you can export it was a 320kbps MP3 file. Do NOT export each and every line as a seperate track.

Name your files using the following template: [Name]_[Song Title]_[part type]##
e.g. Onion_Toeto_Harmony01; Onion_Fire Flower_Melody01.wav
The number at the end is optional if you only have one file.

Upload your files onto File-Sharing sites such as Box, Mediafire, etc. Post your lines using the form in the chorus thread IN the actual chorus thread. All submissions sent through PMs and Skype will be ignored.

Also, please DO NOT delete your files unless one of the staff members has acknowledged that they have downloaded your files. This is to avoid any sad situations of someone having to re-record because the mixer doesn't have the file, and no one else downloaded it, and the singer deleted it off their computer as well as online.

Q: Are harmonies allowed when turning in my vocals?
A:
Harmonies are allowed, but similar to overlapping tracks, please make sure they are on a separate file to your main vocals, as it is very difficult to mix if they are turned in together. Please label it clearly that it is a harmony track. Harmonies will not be scripted. If we end up receiving too many harmonies, we do reserve the right to cut around and use peoples' harmonies where we think they fit best.

Q: Aside from my vocals, what else do I need to submit when I have been accepted into a chorus?
A:
You will need to give us your OC (original character) design so that the YTC artists can draw your picture for the video. There is usually a form in the first post of the chorus thread, so please fill it in. Include as much information as possible so the artists can draw it as accurately as possible.
YTChorus
YTChorus
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/YTChorus

Back to top Go down