Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Yesterday at 5:28 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

How does your family react when they find out about your youtube account

+8
Pronch
Kumbancha
Kemi
akano07
Piri
Cherysh
kurowoof
whywhy0417
12 posters

Go down

How does your family react when they find out about your youtube account Empty How does your family react when they find out about your youtube account

Post by whywhy0417 Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:44 pm

I hope someone else didn't have this topic before me....but anyway

my family found out that I sometimes record myself singing and I am sorta embrassed...

so what would you do if your family found out aboout your youtube account? Would you stop doing it? Would u explain to them?

because tbh, I am so lost atm >_>'

thanks.
whywhy0417
whywhy0417
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : whywhy Posts : 195

Back to top Go down

How does your family react when they find out about your youtube account Empty Re: How does your family react when they find out about your youtube account

Post by kurowoof Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:11 pm

ummm, continue? xD

It's not like you're doing anything wrong xD You're just having fun xD
And they're not telling you to stop, right? o_O

There's nothing to explain xD
kurowoof
kurowoof
Talkative

Singing Alias : razephyr Posts : 425

https://www.youtube.com/user/razephyr19

Back to top Go down

How does your family react when they find out about your youtube account Empty Re: How does your family react when they find out about your youtube account

Post by Cherysh Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:24 am

A fellow aussie /high-fives

Just tell them its something you do when you're bored - they can't do anything about it xD Try to get some family members near the microphone, record them and playback - they'll prolly comment on how they sound so different to how they hear themselves, laugh about it, show some interest, and get over it :3

And yup, like kuro said, you're just having fun so its not wrong!

They might not even think it's a big deal, so don't worry to much and just continue~~
Cherysh
Cherysh
Talkative

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story CB (1) Round 1 CB (1) Round 2

Back to top Go down

Post by whywhy0417 Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:40 am

very true indeed.....for some reasons I still feel embarrassed every time I talk to them and I try to not look at them into their eyes......anyway, if they ask, I will just say 'I am just having some fun =D'

thank you kurowoof and Cherysh =D
whywhy0417
whywhy0417
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : whywhy Posts : 195

Back to top Go down

Post by Piri Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:58 am

yesh it is for fun

My family are annoyed that they always hear me sing japanese LOLZ
they know i post them on youtube.
(They said that i sound ugly when i record. I should just sing live lol?)

I don't care haha XD
Piri
Piri
Keyboard Smasher

Singing Alias : Piri Posts : 2248

Post Spammer Winner

https://www.youtube.com/user/domouob

Back to top Go down

Post by akano07 Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:05 am

they support me! nyahaha. =D i love my family.. =DD
akano07
akano07
Talkative

Singing Alias : akano Posts : 348

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemi Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:52 am

My family is like: WTF. Why do you have so many??

xD
Kemi
Kemi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kemi Posts : 945

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumbancha Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:02 am

My mom and my sister know, they like it that I'm showing my "talent" to the world ( What talent? I have none ;_; ) and well they like it, Which is why I keep doing it, I do it for fun and for personal enjoyment, BECAUSE I ENJOY SINGING!

x3
Kumbancha
Kumbancha
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kumba Posts : 1151

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:58 am

My dad doesn't care. My mom still doesn't know despite the fact I've had one for at least 4 years now. o.o' The rest of my family doesn't care.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pronch Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:03 pm

Well since I'm not singing ~ UuU; but ... I do other stuffs :c like translate yaoi doujinshi (FFFFFFF R-18♥️ >:3) if my parents know that I'll die...

@Akemi-san: how many? XD
Pronch
Pronch
Keyboard Smasher

https://www.youtube.com/user/bakapr

Back to top Go down

Post by Raikyo Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:23 pm

My family often say to me that I sing like a sheep, but they don't meant it honestly xD
My mother says she's proud of me
and my siblings are singing with me, too, expecially my lilttel sister xD
Now we are singing Romeo and Cinderella togther and when it's finish i upload it on YT °w°
Raikyo
Raikyo
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : Raikyo Posts : 159

Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus CB (1) Round 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura桜 Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:42 pm

my family is an all time japan-hater. everything anime/manga they would yell at me for it.(they say it takes too much of my time and im not studying enuf to get in harvard[their ultimate goal for me]) that's why my room's not otaku-ish, and i hav to hide all of my otaku things under my bed. When they saw my YT dances, they thot i was stripping or something(obviously i do NOT), and my singing videos with vocaloid icons they considered it anime or w/e. They gave me the talk on pedos and internet safety and such. So now whenever they come close to the computer i'll always try to push them away =A=;; and they constantly try to keep me away from the internet becuz in their eyes it's "bad". therefore i sometimes gets locked out of the comp... funny....
Sakura桜
Sakura桜
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Saku桜(and many Posts : 856

Sakura No Ame Chorus My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/xxcartoonfulxx/

Back to top Go down

Post by sakuratine Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:53 pm

well, everyone in our house knows about this. ^^
They sometimes are alright with it but I sometimes annoy them cuz I keep telling 'em to keep quiet or ... something. XD
They aren't Japan-haters but they hate it when I keep focusing in such things and not with my studies.XD
so yeah.. I don't have anything to explain to them. 8D
It's uhm.. self-explanatory, I guess? whoot. 8D
sakuratine
sakuratine
Motor Mouth

Post Spammer Winner Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus

http://twitter.com/sakuratine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:50 pm

They have no idea what I do. (I sing, but they don't know I record. They know I draw anime, they don't know it's mostly BL. They know I read manga, they don't know it's yaoi.)

And I hope they never will. T O T; I think it's sorta.. embarrassing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura桜 Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:00 pm

@saku: right. my family gets annoyed too. like "why keep closing the door? why be quiet?" XD
@yanovi: haha that goes for me too sometimes...
Sakura桜
Sakura桜
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Saku桜(and many Posts : 856

Sakura No Ame Chorus My YTC Story

https://www.youtube.com/user/xxcartoonfulxx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:11 am

Frankly i say you shouldn't feel embarrassed about what you're there's no reason you should be :D You're not hurting/bothering anyone by doing so.
This may differ with people but you're family is usually the closest thing you have and it's not like your singing in public, they know you best and you live with them so there's no reason for you to be secretive. Because it's not like they'll shun you or anything. The worst they could do is probably tease you, or throw a boot at you if you're too loud (I LOVEHATE MY DAD 8U)
Again this may not be the same for every family.
Personally my family lets me do whatever as long as it's not hurting anyone or myself ;D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemi Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:41 am

@pronch: alot. xD
Kemi
Kemi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kemi Posts : 945

My YTC Story

Back to top Go down

Post by sakuratine Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:44 am

ka-ya~ same here! XD however, I usually annoy 'em so..ahaha.XD they tease me sometimes. XDD
sakuratine
sakuratine
Motor Mouth

Post Spammer Winner Sakura No Ame Chorus Dango Daikazoku Chorus

http://twitter.com/sakuratine

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight-KurochiMisa Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:12 am

I used to fandub even before YTC.

My pc is in the upstairs hallway (so everyone can see and hear me) >\\\<
But since I've been performing vocal on stage most of my life, my parents just act like it's no big deal. (because it isn't a big deal) XD

My younger brothers just walk by "what song are you working on now?" XD

I'm okay with anyone hearing me since I've been on stage so much. =]
Moonlight-KurochiMisa
Moonlight-KurochiMisa
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : MoonlightKagomeHimeko/Moonlight/KurochiMisa Posts : 799

Voted YTC Best Singer 2009

http://moonlightkagome.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down