Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

[QUESTIONS] Blind Duet 2015 ~ Ask your questions here!

+8
Aeon
handbeatRebel
Sia
Kitoku
Kumoshi
Fanbase
Aisuu aka RiEDe
Aerlith
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[QUESTIONS] Blind Duet 2015 ~ Ask your questions here! Empty [QUESTIONS] Blind Duet 2015 ~ Ask your questions here!

Post by Aerlith Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:52 am

Please ask your questions for the Blind Duet here! You can find the original thread here.

Last edited by Aerlith on Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aerlith
Aerlith
Forever messing with staff.

Singing Alias : Aerlith Posts : 1976
I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/xAerlith

Back to top Go down

[QUESTIONS] Blind Duet 2015 ~ Ask your questions here! Empty Re: [QUESTIONS] Blind Duet 2015 ~ Ask your questions here!

Post by Aisuu aka RiEDe Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:54 pm

can we do songs that aren't in japanese or vocaloid related?
Aisuu aka RiEDe
Aisuu aka RiEDe
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Aisuu Posts : 772

Penny for your thoughts! Just my two cents. I'm on the spice rack! Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/IceElfPrincess

Back to top Go down

[QUESTIONS] Blind Duet 2015 ~ Ask your questions here! Empty Re: [QUESTIONS] Blind Duet 2015 ~ Ask your questions here!

Post by Aerlith Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:08 pm

Song does not have to be Japanese or vocaloid-related. Just need to provide a link to the lyrics (and a translation if it is not in English).
Aerlith
Aerlith

I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanbase Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:00 pm

I need a new partner. I could get one, but I don't know the rules on replacements.

Fanbase
Fresh off the Boat

YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:09 pm

You'll have your new partner assigned to you by Monday. ^^b
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumoshi Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:39 pm

Hi, I was unable to find myself on the list of pairs and was wondering if I had been replaced or I'd made an error when I registered, as I haven't been contacted by any participants ;; (I'm okay with serving as a sub but I was just curious)
Kumoshi
Kumoshi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kumoshi Posts : 1014

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/kaisoumizu

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:04 pm

....D: I could have sworn you got sorted. I even remember going, Oh hey! They got what they wanted. I think maybe we deleted you by accident? I'm so sorry. T^T You can act as a sub. ;;

I think what happened was that we put someone twice by accident, and one of them was supposed to be you, so I probably just copied and pasted wrong. ;-;

Anyway, hopefully you are still able to participate. I'm really sorry again >_<;; If you aren't able to get a partner, we'll get something worked out.
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumoshi Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:30 pm

It's okay! It happens xD I'll wait and see if anyone needs a replacement for the time being ^-^
Kumoshi
Kumoshi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kumoshi Posts : 1014

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/kaisoumizu

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:35 pm

Kurai to the rescueeeee. He missed the deadline for registration for a few days.

He will be your partner. Link to his info here!
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitoku Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:08 am

For the backstory of the song, does it need to be a full-on story or should it just be a summary of what happened before the song to give the viewer an idea?
Kitoku
Kitoku
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Kitoku (きとく) Posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:07 am

You mean to add on to the actual story of the song? You can do a summary like what I did in the example. The actual story (of what happens in the song) would ideally be longer though. But! You don't necessarily have to write a full story if you can get the main ideas of your story written down/out. As long as we can understand the story and see how it is connected to both the two of you and your lyrics, it will be fine.
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitoku Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:47 pm

Ok, got it! So we're supposed to provide some brief backstory that leads up to whatever happens in the song....? And then we further explain the story in the song?
Kitoku
Kitoku
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Kitoku (きとく) Posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by Sia Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:54 pm

Can we still sign up for sub ?
Sia
Sia

https://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialHeartSia

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:27 pm

Yes.
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by handbeatRebel Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:19 pm

Is it going to be just one round?

handbeatRebel
Fresh off the Boat

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:41 pm

Yep! Just one round! The main point of this event isn't really about competition. ^^

And oops, sorry, I didn't see Kitoku's response. I was on my lunch break, and typing on my tablet is ridiculously difficult.

But to answer your question, yes, that's exactly as it is. ^^b
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeon Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:42 am

Uhm.. Is it too late to get a replacement? Idek..
My person was contacted. And responded up until the 19th of Feb. I've gotten no answer from her ever since : /
Aeon
Aeon
Hyperactive SUGAR HIGH

Singing Alias : aeon Posts : 1683

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:55 am

We have subs, yes! So you can give a replacement. I will send a PM to your partner. I will also ask Kagi to tweet your partner. If she still does not respond after 24 hours, you will get the first sub on the sub list.
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagi Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:25 pm

I've made a tweet to her, like Aerlith said, if she doesn't get back within 24 hours then we'll get you another partner ;3
Kagi
Kagi
Twitter Mod
Twitter Mod

Singing Alias : カギ Posts : 440

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/Orob0rustic

Back to top Go down

Post by Riyumi Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:08 pm

Is there a tiny grace period? QvQ 

Ha and I pretty much have everything done except the lines she's struggling with. I've only just finished playing the piano/making harmonies for the parts that are too high for her, and attempted to sing the reference (terribly if I may add //shot), so I'm not sure if that will help. Currently those areas are empty. Our mixer is busy with other projects as well--but still agreed to help us. So far I gave him the off vocal and my lines, but I have a feeling balancing will take a while OxO;;; (esp. with my soft vocals //brick'd should have done .8 input instead of .4)

All we need is to plug in that link xD Video will probably come after the 14th at this rate (the art is done--but timing it to the song requires the mix to be finished first...which will be a race against time for now).
Riyumi
Riyumi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Riyumi Posts : 680

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Blind Duets Judge Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

http://duckiii3.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:51 pm

We will not be having a grace period. However! Like we did last year, those of you who finished late are still eligible to be put on the playlist; it will just be a separate one for late entries.

So don't worry, your work will still get showcased. ^^

Please also remember that the mix only counts as a minor part of the score. If you really are close to running out of time, you are welcome to slap raws onto the vocals as a "entry submission." You can post the updated link for us when everything is cleaned up, and that will be shared on the playlist.
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Puriko No Sora Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:18 am

We ended our story, and it's slightly long (I like to write a lot :3 ). Is this a problem?
Puriko No Sora
Puriko No Sora

Singing Alias : Prikoto Posts : 27

http://przucato.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:34 am

Nope!
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Riyumi Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:50 am

Oooh yeah. Thank you!~ Will do our best >v<
Riyumi
Riyumi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Riyumi Posts : 680

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Blind Duets Judge Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

http://duckiii3.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MiNTtaro Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:41 pm

How do we "submit" our entry? I see some people putting in on the event thread, but I'm not sure what to do? Link it somewhere, send it to someone? 

Sorry if you answered this somewhere else, and thanks Smile
MiNTtaro
MiNTtaro
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : MiNT Posts : 144

https://www.youtube.com/user/MintTaro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next