Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

♥ Lys' Piano Book

4 posters

Go down

♥ Lys' Piano Book Empty ♥ Lys' Piano Book

Post by Lys Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:43 am

Hi I'm Lys >: I'm super shy
So as some of you know, I'm a YTC member that doesn't really sing LOL.
Instead, I upload piano covers and occasionally participate in chorus/collabs. Most of my singing is on my box account and soundcloud but my YouTube is more focused on piano covers.

Some criticism/what not for my piano covers would be great (and maybe some for my box/soundcloud singing). I know my piano covers have some awful quality because it gets muffled with my phone recording directly on the piano.

Also I get really nervous when recording and I mess up a lot (singing and piano) so you can hear mistakes in my piano covers easily. After like 30 attempts at recording I tend to get really irritated so I just yolo and go with whatever I can get through with the least amount of mistakes LOL.

Piano Covers (most recent is on top):

Singing Covers (most recent on top):

Last edited by Lys on Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:41 pm; edited 7 times in total
Lys
Lys
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Lys Posts : 52

I'm on the spice rack! Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/Razzlyify

Back to top Go down

♥ Lys' Piano Book Empty Re: ♥ Lys' Piano Book

Post by Xin Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:42 pm

YAAAAS UPLOAD THEM ALL THEM COVERS FOR ME QURLL <3
Xin
Xin
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : 白菜 / Hakusai Posts : 751

I'm on the spice rack! Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4)

https://www.instagram.com/whyaremyusernamestaken/

Back to top Go down

Post by zz Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:06 pm

Ooooo piano. I really love piano and you did a great job playing it. However, there were few minor mistakes and I'm sure you've probably fixed those mistakes by now! I personally isn't great at it, so I cannot say much aside from the fact i really enjoyed listening to them.
As for your singing, I like your voice, but you can definitely improve your singing. Try taking bigger breathes when you sing, it'll make your notes sound fuller and not as airy! Also, try to relax your nose to avoid the nasally sound. 
Anyway, you did a great job with both piano and singing. I hope to hear more awesome covers from you soon!

Last edited by Aerlith on Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : +1 for basic feedback.)

zz
Resident Shota

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Lys Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:15 am

zz wrote:Ooooo piano. I really love piano and you did a great job playing it. However, there were few minor mistakes and I'm sure you've probably fixed those mistakes by now! I personally isn't great at it, so I cannot say much aside from the fact i really enjoyed listening to them.
As for your singing, I like your voice, but you can definitely improve your singing. Try taking bigger breathes when you sing, it'll make your notes sound fuller and not as airy! Also, try to relax your nose to avoid the nasally sound. 
Anyway, you did a great job with both piano and singing. I hope to hear more awesome covers from you soon!

I tend to get too nervous when recording LOL ;_;
I always mess up with piano recordings. Singing isn't really my thing though. I have extremely low confidence and I'm very shy so I don't sing if I don't have to.
Lys
Lys
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

I'm on the spice rack! Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mami Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:22 pm

Can never go wrong with some hocus pocus music <3 Love it!
Mami
Mami
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Mami Posts : 64

Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Lys Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:14 pm

Mami wrote:Can never go wrong with some hocus pocus music <3 Love it!

I haven't seen hocus pocus but I heard the song from another singer and I thought it fit well with the theme Razz

Also I got a new cover up! This one is for the monthly theme but I got Shian and Potato Cat to sing Soldier Game with me. The cover was mixed by my friend Jimmy who has a YTC account but is super inactive xD and Shian

Soldier Game
Lys
Lys
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by Lys Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:58 pm

Not sure if this is considered spam/double post x_x
But I uploaded Shian, Potato Cat, and my cover of Soldier Game onto youtube! The art was done by Shian who I sort of harassed over skype to make it so I can upload it for new years LOL <3
Lys
Lys
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by Lys Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:43 pm

Another new upload!

I really like playing this. There's a lot of arrangement you can do and a lot of improvising. Unfortunately, my piano is out of tune and it sounds icky sometimes. There are obvious mistakes and hesitations because brain farts and blah but I hope you guys enjoy~
Lys
Lys
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by Mami Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:14 pm

The dear you piano was just lovely~ I really enjoy that song and it sounds beautiful on piano.

The Soldier Game song I'm not usually a fan of this song but I did enjoy the way Shian, potato and Lys collaborated<3 The best thing I found about this was how sweetly how each of you sounded and that I could detect each voice as claiming the song as their own, which is a great thing. It means powerful voices and intentions. The only thing was that I felt the beginning singer (I think it's lys? lol I'm not sure) had a little more of a hushed voice compared to the other two singers. Which is also understandable since it's hard to record without disturbing anyone else. Otherwise everything else went brilliantly to me :3 

Good Job ladies~ <3
Mami
Mami
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Mami Posts : 64

Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Lys Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:56 pm

Not on my channel but here's my groups entry to SoCB, my first chorus battle! Smile
We didn't get through round one but the experience was awesome and it was fun to collaborate with everyone and watch everything come together in the end!

Also here is my March entry: Sayoko (one shot)
I one shotted this and took forever to time because audacity skews my timing OTL
Lys
Lys
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down