Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

Create Music Box Versions of Songs Using Audacity

2 posters

Go down

Create Music Box Versions of Songs Using Audacity Empty Create Music Box Versions of Songs Using Audacity

Post by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:29 pm

I have seen several Music Box VST's yet they are all under the 'instruments' category and therefore cannot be used with audacity. I really wanted to create music box versions of songs for those pesky songs that I cannot seem to find an instrumental of. A lot of popular Vocaloid songs have music box versions such as Just Be Friends and Dear. I doubt that there is one 'cure all' file that will just let me create music box versions with the flick of my wrist, but does anyone know of something I can do/get for Audacity that would help with making music box versions?
sonic-nancy-fan
sonic-nancy-fan
Administrator

Singing Alias : Joker Posts : 682

Penny for your thoughts! Ai Kotoba II Words Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

http://sonicnancyfan.blog.fc2.com/

Back to top Go down

Create Music Box Versions of Songs Using Audacity Empty Re: Create Music Box Versions of Songs Using Audacity

Post by Catalyst Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:36 pm

I'm not too sure about audacity, because to me audacity is more of a mixing program than music creation program.
Though I'm pretty positive that you could create music box versions with midi files, lots of programs such as overture allows import of midi files and it will layout in sheet music format, then you can select the instrumental to play the music (as I remember there is music box), after than you just have to export the music file =)
There should be some other midi reading programs that allows you to switch instruments as well, I don't quite remember it's name though....

Oh, and there are some midi files here: http://kiko.fuyu.gs/micandonburi/e.html
though remember don't redistribute these or else they're gonna catch you =(
(get caught once lol)
Catalyst
Catalyst
Talkative

Singing Alias : Catalyst Posts : 374

SMILING Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/TentaikansokuP

Back to top Go down

Create Music Box Versions of Songs Using Audacity Empty Re: Create Music Box Versions of Songs Using Audacity

Post by sonic-nancy-fan Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:42 pm

The only problem with that is that the main reason I wanted to make music box versions was because some songs did not have off vocals available. Chances are, if there is a midi out there for it, the song is well known enough for there to be an off vocal available. However, I will look into making some for more popular songs as well.
sonic-nancy-fan
sonic-nancy-fan
Administrator

Penny for your thoughts! Ai Kotoba II Words Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Catalyst Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:18 pm

yeah, I understand~
However, probably the only way to create instrumental is by using midi, which consists of all the notes separately. And unfortunately there really isn't a way to convert mp3/wav into midi (especially if the song still have vocals in it)

There are some program which can convert mp3 into midi, however it only works on individual melody tracks, not full mixes~
Catalyst
Catalyst
Talkative

Singing Alias : Catalyst Posts : 374

SMILING Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/TentaikansokuP

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic-nancy-fan Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:25 pm

Sadness.....well, I honestly did not expect to find a way to being with so no harm no foul. I appreciate the suggestions and I will look into maybe making some for some more popular songs.
sonic-nancy-fan
sonic-nancy-fan
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:50 pm

with audacity probably not

but have you considered a software based synthesizer? google it.

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:07 pm

Yeah, it looks like it could maybe do that. Synthesizers seem really complicated so I am not entirely sure if it would work, but it appears like it would work if I learned how to use one. Thanks for the suggestion~
sonic-nancy-fan
sonic-nancy-fan
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down