Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] December: Snow Day~Due December 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm

【Duet】Dragon Rising 【Auditions Closed~!】

+4
Riyumi
Aerlith
Kagi
Legender
8 posters

Go down

【Duet】Dragon Rising 【Auditions Closed~!】 Empty 【Duet】Dragon Rising 【Auditions Closed~!】

Post by Legender Sat May 04, 2013 11:18 am

Hey guys~ Gender here, looking for a Len<3

The song is Dragon Rising, a pretty fast Gumi/Len duet. Len's part goes a little low, but I'm pretty sure a girl could sing his part too, so anyone is free to help~

Karaoke Video (onvocal)
Off-vocal (this is a piapro link, so you may need an account)

Lyrics:

Anyone who wants to be my Len and make beautiful harmonies with me should go ahead and record Len's part and post it~ I'll take a listen and pick someone in an undetermined amount of time (July 15th)

Be sure to be clear and accurate~! 頑張って!
I hope I didn't forget anything orz

Last edited by Legender on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Legender
Legender
Breathing is overrated.

Singing Alias : Gender Posts : 440

Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant

http://wolfehmaster.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

【Duet】Dragon Rising 【Auditions Closed~!】 Empty Re: 【Duet】Dragon Rising 【Auditions Closed~!】

Post by Kagi Mon May 06, 2013 3:00 pm

I'd be interested, though I'm not if I'll be a good Len.
Let me see how well I can practice this first.
Kagi
Kagi
Twitter Mod
Twitter Mod

Singing Alias : カギ Posts : 440

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/Orob0rustic

Back to top Go down

【Duet】Dragon Rising 【Auditions Closed~!】 Empty Re: 【Duet】Dragon Rising 【Auditions Closed~!】

Post by Legender Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:38 pm

So it's been a long long time - this'll be a final bump ^^;

@kagi Are you still interested?

@everyone I'll give it until July 15th, if I can't find anyone then I'll close this project
Legender
Legender
Breathing is overrated.

Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:04 pm

Oh wow. This song is so awesome! ...but so fast! Haha. Still, I can't wait to hear the final result. ^__^!
Aerlith
Aerlith
Forever messing with staff.
Forever messing with staff.

Singing Alias : Aerlith Posts : 1976
I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/xAerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Riyumi Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:22 am

Spoiler:

sample of my progess: https://www.box.com/s/wxjbg55opqnsmwyvwi4k

Agh. after an hour of practicing--I finally got a better handle on Len's solo (before the "gumi gumi...") but I messed up the other parts I did well on the first couple of takes. I'll send in an official audition when it sounds satisfactory to me. I hope the raw will make it on time though!! The slower parts for Len I'll work on again. the first 4 takes I had it but the last couple, because I daydreamed and was tired...the timing was off. I'll make sure I work on accuracy so that even when I'm tired I'll know it by heart! even without music~ For now...MORE PRACTICE!!!

Last edited by Riyumi on Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sample link!)
Riyumi
Riyumi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Riyumi Posts : 680

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Blind Duets Judge Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

http://duckiii3.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Legender Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:10 am

It definitely takes practice~ And it doesn't really matter whether or not you sound like Len

It sounds like it's coming along pretty well so far o:
Legender
Legender
Breathing is overrated.

Back to top Go down

Post by fuicchi Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:37 pm

B-because I have been practising too since I found out this song was to have a duet, so what the heck, I'll just put this here shy 

https://www.box.com/s/tbmftkte5p9nrcbcisrj

Last edited by fuicchi on Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:18 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated the song~)
fuicchi
fuicchi

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomu Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:00 pm

Oh dear. Kudos to you all for trying this song xD Doing great on the practicing!
Nomu
Nomu
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Nomu Posts : 50

Blind Duets Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTwinkleMist

Back to top Go down

Post by fuicchi Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:17 pm

Okay so I uploaded new version? IDEK if it is better but, uh... ; A ; 

Hahaha maybe I'll do self-duet version in my SoundCloud. 
fuicchi
fuicchi

Back to top Go down

Post by Legender Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:25 pm

Just reminding you all that today is the last day~ I'll pick someone sometime after Wednesday, I think ;w; And then of course you can rerecord as much as you'd like~
Legender
Legender
Breathing is overrated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Riyumi Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:06 pm

Thanks for the reminder! I'm not exactly sure how to time the instrumentals exactly so it's really going to be flat out raw. Or--if you don't mind the "chishio da" part to be slightly off (only part I still have a little trouble with timing now), I can do it just by listening to off vocal & add the instrumental in. I'd have to look at a mixing guide so to not have the instrumental overpower my voice though <^>  (I rather have it in seperate file than having BGM playing in the back so it'd be easier to mix in the event that the audition is possibly used). 

*also: I'd like to inform you that I'll be going on a 2week vacation to Vietnam starting this Saturday and won't be back in town 'til late night Aug. 6. So I'd like to apologize in advance if I miss anything >_<;; I'll try and see if I can use the Internet cafe or something but I'm not going to bring any electronics over there due to my inability to react fast enough to stealing. Nice place more inland but tourists spots need a little caution. 

Btw Fui!! Your timing and voice consistency is amazing~ I tend to weaken after holding out a long series of notes or can't seem to stick to one voice (switch between high and low a lot). You also have really nice/smooth pronunciation *^* I hope I can be a good rival //slapped.
Riyumi
Riyumi
Motor Mouth

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Blind Duets Judge Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Legender Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:53 pm

Ah, that's fine if you just have the raws for now~

This project isn't exactly being rushed either, so don't worry if you don't have computer access or anything while you're away. Enjoy your trip~!
Legender
Legender
Breathing is overrated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Riyumi Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:06 pm

Oh! Okay. That makes things a bit easier~ Then I'll just ditch the mixing process ahaha. Technical stuff/programs are just not for me xD they give me such big headaches @-@ There's a limit to how much I can take. Simpleness is beautiful <3~~  I'll just take a break before uploading on box/and posting it here -hungry too-

[EDIT] Actual Audition: https://app.box.com/s/zqixm05a7b9xm6l2kjqw 

I am still not satisfied with some mess ups here and there but I will fix them in the real take if I get accepted. Also, after "agaru yo" I will record "stand up boys..." til the end properly in a separate file. Since I don't know how to mix I can't do the timing right so I just did it in one whole recording (after another hour of retakes ahaha). As for the harmonies or bg singing that happens during the slow parts-- I will also figure out their keys (I might not get all of them though so if you have a harmony guide--that'd be great too! unless you want to cut them out xD ) Thanks for your time and consideration~

Last edited by Riyumi on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : actual audition added)
Riyumi
Riyumi
Motor Mouth

Back to top Go down

Post by fuicchi Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:30 pm

Ahhhh thank you! shy  I slightly edited the timing though, due to my bad habit to sing half a second later than the beat (every. single. time.), and made the low part louder with Amplify. I hope it's okay. 

On the last part, I also recorded in one go until "agaru yo", then record the last "stand up boys" separatedly. The signal was bad at the middle so I re-recorded two lines, so it sounded a bit different than the rest, but if I pass the audition, I'll fix (probably) the whole thing~
fuicchi
fuicchi

Back to top Go down

Post by Riyumi Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:49 pm

You're very welcome! And really?!? I had not noticed xD you mix very well to make it sound consistent too though! And the two separate files thing came in at the right time~ I can see what you mean with the difference in sound though. One is louder than the other. I also noticed on Len's slow part-- the "yo~" went a bit lower than your range because it came out kind of croaky(?). You were almost there; I recommend practicing "mayonnaise" going down. If you've never heard if the scale, I can post an example ASAP and PM you ^^ I would also like to receive any constructive critique from you too if possible -bows-

No worries! I come in early or late at times too. This time I got a word fumble on the fast parts orz gaaah. The difficulties of a song. But I never would have guessed the timing was changed unless I put it back to back with the original. Overall--I really loved how your audition turned out! Looking forward to see other works >U<
Riyumi
Riyumi
Motor Mouth

Back to top Go down

Post by Legender Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:51 am

Ah, yeah, that "agaru yo" does overlap with the "stand up boys" part! And it is a pretty hard song... but it makes it that much better when you finally nail it down~

I can't wait to hear your guys' final auditions owo
Legender
Legender
Breathing is overrated.

Back to top Go down

Post by fuicchi Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:56 pm

@Gender: I think I'll leave my audition like this, but I'll give you fixed/improved version without the song if I get in~ Happiness Hopefully slightly smoother but still manly/boyish. 

@Riyumi: Whua, thanks! 

The consistency (especially in reff) is probably due to my abdomen voice(?). I don't know the term well, but I recorded them without losing breath, and keeping it plain and consistent is the easiest way to do it~ (Must learn to do it, since how else would I sing this song in a live performance without losing a line? XD)

For the tune/pitch, I think utaite's version is more distinctive than Gumi+Len version. http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19030154 

My version of Len sounds more like the utaite version than Len's original version, hehehe. So manly, I love it. <3 Your version tends to venture into Gumi's part of the harmony instead of Len's, especially in reffs. Happy Go Lucky 

And mayonnaise? First time I heard~ To be honest, I'm not good at practising, so I never look up tutorials/seek pro advice, so I'll welcome any reference you're willing to give~ 

When not listening to the off vocal, somehow I can get "hitori janai yo" un-croaky, but somehow I cannot do it when in trial.

Oh right, your "asahakasa azatosa urameshisa", in order to be able to spell "me", I suggest you sing it like "asahakasa-zatosa urameshisa". Without a beat pause before "azatosa". To be consistent in reffs (this is what I try to do, but it doesn't always turn out a success), inhale deep and fast before "Stand", "Toki", and especially "Asahakasa" since I go in one breath from it until "tonare". Like I said, not always succeeding. For pitch, I guess you could compare our auditions? Len's part is flat and down (?) whereas Gumi's taking the high notes in reffs. 

I guess I'm guilty for making my audition not as easily harmonious... (too many individual touches instead of being easy to blend into another voice) ...so I'll keep it in mind to fix it for my next trial~ 

And according to mixing tut somewhere in this forum, timing isn't mixing yet, but amplifying is~  

Hope that helps~

LOL, I'm singing Choose Me chorus, here you go for my part if you wanna hear it: https://app.box.com/s/f8j2rf76rnuzmgtsis1t
fuicchi
fuicchi

Back to top Go down

Post by Riyumi Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:15 pm

@Gender  I think it may take awhile before I can post another audition >^<;; so I think you may have to judge from my off-harmony .__. gah! I'm going to need to redo Len's part O3O;;

@Fui mmhm. and woops! using the wrong terminology >>;; but whatever you're doing--you're doing good! Like the sound is equal throughout, and the pitches can stay the same. And Your abdominal voice is the correct term, I believe. reff? reference? Am I thinking of the right word??

Thank you so very much for the tips! They're EXTREMELY helpful ;u;~ I'll try and get a handle on Len's harmony correctly!

My hearing is generally good (I love single-ing out different types of instruments in music as well as listening to different harmonies) but whenever there are duets, I tend to accidently sing the higher parts since those are more noticeable to my ear (that and I love hitting high notes ehehe). I also get overly self-conscious (?) of my low notes because sometimes I sound super manly or monotone. But I am very grateful that you provided a more distinct tune/pitch~

As for the reference, I hope you can wait awhile before I can record what the scale sounds like. I don't know the exact keys for the piano so it'll just be from my pitch. Hopefully I won't talk too fast orz

Oooh. that's why I stumble!! Sometimes in songs, the artist doesn't pronounce all of the syllables. I only catch on to that when it's slower. But that most certainly helps with the timing. And the breath--sometimes I can hold it all the way and other times I can't (but those breathes always make my timing dafjlkasdjfdlsk). I'll keep practicing nonetheless.

Choose Me Critique:

sorry if adding the critique kinda goes off topic //shot 

-kohem- but I shall practice some more in the meantime.
Riyumi
Riyumi
Motor Mouth

Back to top Go down

Post by fuicchi Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:32 am

@Riyumi: GUH my throat is having a problem right now so I can't try another even if I have time... Crying And we really do make one hell of a discussion in Gender's thread, eh? Sorry Gender... Te-he! 

Sorry about "reff"! In my language, we call the chorus part as "refrain", shortened "reff". Plus, I think of "Chorus" more as a whole bunch of people singing the same song and their voices mixed together... much like "Duet/Trio", so I thought it was the right term... Confused 

Oh, and thank you as well for the comment on Choose Me~ 

Spoiler:

As for the breathing, yeah! Still need to focus before the line so I know the timing, or else I cannot get it right. I... I want to sound like a male, so if you're thinking of your own voice like that, it makes me jealous~ Shiny 

And thank you very much for the thought of giving me the practice. ; w ; )/ Don't rush it, I'm not going anywhere, hehehe.
fuicchi
fuicchi

Back to top Go down

Post by RecyclingBin Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:00 am

Is this still open?

lmfao, I sound like I'm chanting some curse in the beginning of the song.

This song is way too low for me @_@

app.box.com/s/vzxd04t045b0qkg3e83s

RecyclingBin
Fresh off the Boat

Back to top Go down

Post by Legender Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:26 pm

It is not - sorry, I should have changed the title ^^; I'll still accept your audition, since that was like completely my fault o A o ;;
Legender
Legender
Breathing is overrated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Riyumi Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:57 pm

@Fui redirected our convo. into a PM. heading way off base now ahaha.

@Recyclingbin oh my gosh O/////O your voice. is so AMAZING!! it's just whooa. whoooaa. You have the melody AND harmonies down, and also added character to your singing. I just had a fangirl moment there LOL. couldn't help replaying it hehe makes me want to download it once it's completed //shot

I'm looking forward to hear more from you in the future; also...welcome to the forum ^^
Riyumi
Riyumi
Motor Mouth

Back to top Go down

Post by fuicchi Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:35 am

RecyclingBin wrote:Is this still open?

lmfao, I sound like I'm chanting some curse in the beginning of the song.

This song is way too low for me @_@

app.box.com/s/vzxd04t045b0qkg3e83s

Sounds real good! And no, it's not too low for you. //admires man's manly voice

I only wish your accent turns more Japanese... Might want to soften your "ta" so that it sounds less like "tcha"~ Also several words has the wrong syllable. But as far as it concerns the key, you nail it down.
fuicchi
fuicchi

Back to top Go down

Post by Legender Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:28 pm

I FELT REALLY BAD WHEN I DOWNLOADED YOUR AUDITIONS TO LISTEN AND I RENAMED THEM TO YOUR NAMES AND SO ONE IS LABELED RECYCLINGBIN BUT IT'S ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD BUT IT SEEMS LIKE A MEAN THING TO CALL IT??

I think I'm going to go with RB on this one~ You put so much character into it Happiness(I may have fangirled a little as well?) I can tell that it's a little low for you - I wonder if you could hit that low note (none of the rest of us can hit it very well, so it's not like that note would make a difference)

I did a quick mix with my vocals with everybody's so I could make sure the person I picked actually like, sounded good in a duet and we wouldn't clash? And all three of you sounded really good. The final versions you linked to were all really accurate in terms of timing and pitch. And I'm enjoying listening to all three and I'm crying because I don't sound anywhere near as good omg I don't deserve this Crying ily guys omgg
Legender
Legender
Breathing is overrated.

Back to top Go down

Post by AmourRouge Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:49 am

Hmmm Shiori is Paper, and this mysterious guy is Recycling Bin...
I think I know who this mystery is...

MY DEDUCTION SKILLS, BOI.
AmourRouge
AmourRouge

Singing Alias : Amour Posts : 23

https://www.youtube.com/user/AmourRouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down